Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DaNzA posted:

like if you try and plug any two prong stuff like a usb charger or modern tv into a live nz socket, it will create a huge spark as you plug the device in

literally never had this happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Red Square Bear posted:

Pro: No way to accidentally plug it in upside down.

Con: Drinking gallons of semen because, lol, Apple is gay.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

USB C owns and i have a c to micro b cable for buddy charging from my tablet

Also 10ft nylon jacketed cables are the bessssssst

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

DaNzA posted:

it's more likely because wiring in most NZ places are terrible and old and most of them are not grounded properly

like if you try and plug any two prong stuff like a usb charger or modern tv into a live nz socket, it will create a huge spark as you plug the device in
for some reason this never happens with live US outlets even if it was the exact same device, maybe that's why they've included a switch for all the outlet in nz so you can plug the devices in first before turning the socket on

and if the device has bare metal skin outer shell then it will have the weird 'buzzing' electrical feeling when you touch them, sometimes it messes with the touch input too

all of these things are a problem with the transformer in the device, not the outlet.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
lol if ur cable isn't quad shielded with ptfe insulation

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I have K&T wiring in my house lol

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
someone died from using a knockoff lightning cable

i'm assuming more will die from usb-c

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

in general exploding batteries and melting cables burning your house down will become increasingly common if some basic standards of quality are reestablished in the overall area, buying the cheapest thing from china which vaguely promises to fulfill the requirements really does not work well long-term

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
use the savings to buy more insurance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

MeruFM posted:

someone died from using a knockoff lightning cable