Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Mordja posted:

I played original Doom+Doom 2+ a shitload of playermade .wads for the first time a couple of months ago and now it's one of my favourite games of all time so.

i dunno i think that makes you retarded but then again doom has almost never been my thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Lol, i scrolled through the thread and before I even registered what this was a picture of my brain made that "woah uh uh WOAH" noise those guys make when you descend abruptly.

When Evolve came out, I didn't see a single mention of giants in the gaming press, and I thought that was poo poo of them all.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Civilization series
Master of Orion 2

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

good experience, not worth $20

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

hemophilia posted:

early 3d just doesn't age well at all dude. Anyone saying doom 1/doom 2 or final doom or whatever is good, actually played it when it wasn't poo poo. i was playing it on SNES and at friends houses a few years after the fact thinking wow this is cute lets play perfect dark or command and conquer though.

LOL Doom for SNES was one of the worst, jankiest console ports of that game. Like, it didn't draw the floors or the ceilings, slideshow frame rate, had uselessly low resolution, etc. etc. etc.

The Dregs posted:

I've tried playing some of the classic games, and they're just not fun anymore with out the nostalgia. Deus Ex, System Shock 2, and KOTOR were probably a blast when they came out, but they're butt ugly and confusing now, even with 'HD' mods. Half Life 2 was awesome though, and I first played it last year.

KOTOR doesn't seem as pretty now as when it came out, but I wouldn't call it butt ugly. System Shock 2's 3D models were regarded as ugly even back when the game was released, but I played it recently and it's as scary today as it was back in 1999.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 15, 2016

• Locked thread