Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fre +1 | Dan +3 | Sav -2 | Sup +1 | Mun +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure | Location: Gargantuan Punchfest

I looked at the HVAC as it sailed towards me. The ape certainly had a good throwing arm. Must have been a pitcher or something before everything changed. I was about to slide out of the way when I noticed that Synergy was going to eat it if I did. I'm pretty drat tough. She didn't look like she could take that much punishment. I didn't even know what she could do. Probably something with computers with a get-up like that. That moment of hesitation cost me. Before I could really decide whether to take it head on or dodge I was sent flying by hundreds of pounds of flying machinery. That sucked.

Having the HVAC land on top of me? That sucked even more.

quote:

[17:44:09] <Tricky> Victor's going to tank that HVAC!
[17:44:11] <Tricky> !roll 2d6
[17:44:13] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 12 =
[17:44:17] <Tricky> :X

Struggling past the pain (Angry, Insecure); giving ground.

My vision went red, then cleared back up as my qi went in to overdrive to heal my wounds. I wasn't out of this fight. Not by a long shot. There was still the small matter of the HVAC on top of me, though, and I didn't really have much leverage to work with. Can't really punch things when your arms are trapped. I thought back to the Old Man's martial arts. Surely he had something to deal with situations like this? Something that doesn't need a lot of room. I had, what, an inch?

Just like that, it came to me. Time to get my Bruce Lee on. I tensed my muscles and then released all of that energy on the HVAC. It rocked back, dented, and I was a bit closer to freedom. If I just did that a few more times, I would be back in the fight for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Fre +2 | Dan -1 | Sav 0 | Sup +2 | Mun 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Warehouse Dock Brawl

Lakiel observed the happenings passively, until Jekyll summoned the spirits, which managed to elicit a little frown from her. She turned to face the man, and floated serenely towards him. Her gaze was not focused on him, however, but the entities swirling around him.

"HALT", she spoke in a voice brimming with divine authority, "Spirits. I am Lakiel, a judicator of rank epsilon tertius and a registered official of the Celestial Bureaucracy." Her gaze hardened as she gazed them down, "I can tell that you manifest without permit. Thus, as per the authority granted to me by my rank, I decree that you cease your disruptive behavior immediately, and provide me with an extensive explanation as to the reason of your flagrant violation of Celestial regulation."

She crossed her arms as she waited their reply, sharply angular blue runes starting to appear across their ethereal forms as the divine mandate took hold.

quote:

Theantero: The Judicator Unleashes her powers to detain all these stray spirits until they provide an explanation for their presence (overcome obstacle: bajillion ghosts)
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 9+2 = 11

Theantero fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 17, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Fre: 0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Wow, Lucky Ted was an idiot. Geez, did any of these guys have any loving clue what to do? Even the duo rushed in towards attacking her like they thought it was a good idea. Running into a fight without knowing what you're facing is just asking for trouble. Well, it looked like he was going to have to do something about it. Again. He really should get paid to do clean-up duty for all of these loving idiots.

Stretching his fingers, he left one illusion behind before moving into a more secluded spot that wasn't immediately in Testament's sight. If needed to, he could run in and attack, but it seemed like the others were more than on top of that. He'd been in fights, yes, but he didn't enjoy being used like a loving punching bag. The others seemed more than happy to do that. He was content with running support for now.

"Hey, you dumb bitch!" The illusion yelled, letting out a mocking chuckle. "Hope your ugly snakes enjoy psychic blades!"

The illusion ran towards her and jumped right at the snakes with an illusionary psychic blade. Esperito chuckled as he watched his illusion in action, hoping that it was enough for his allies to go off of. While they did seem dumb enough to run in and just punch the evil creepy lady, they at least knew how to throw a good punch.

<jimmydalad> Going to use the move "Are You Watching Closely?" to trick Testament
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 7+3 = 10
Create an opportunity, you avoid further entanglement and expose a weakness or flaw.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 17, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Fre +1 | Dan 0 | Sav 0 | Sup +2 | Mun 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Warehouse Dock Brawl

Gargantuan jumping up there? Huge mistake for him. In the sky, I am not limited in space, and unlike him, I can fly. I wish I could act upon it, but...

"Victor!" I yell out, wary of seeing him buried below that large object. Given the fact that he's trying to punch it away from him, he's at the very least alive.

"Let me give you a hand!" I cry out to him as I let my draconic power flow through me and try to push it off him.

*huff* huff*

This thing's heavy... maybe I should have gone full dragon...

Take a Powerful Blow: 2d6 5 Yay!

Unleashing my powers to free Victor: 2d6+1 5 ughh.....

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 17, 2016

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fre -1 | Dan 0 | Sav +2 | Sup 0 | Mun +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid (-2 Directly Engage) | Location: Warehouse Dock Brawl (Jekyll Squad)

Ghosts? He can summon ghosts? I know that powers like that are par for the course now, but it doesn't prepare me for the sensation of some sort of spirit actively passing through me, and something inside me stays chilled and shaken. I don't have the option to stay out of the fight, though, especially not with Paradise Ranger getting in trouble for watching my back. I've got to keep him safe, but if regular weapons don't even touch this guy, what am I supposed to do?

And then it comes to me. Phasing through people to shake them up, get them off-guard? Two can play at that game, ghost-guy.

I draw a broadhead arrow quickly and send my shot into a metal storage container, which deflects it with a loud clang -- my distraction. It's not much of a distraction, but it's enough for me to swallow my nerves and charge for Jekyll, forcing myself to phase out just as I'm about to hit him. Instead of body-check him, I pass straight through, skidding to a stop on the other side of him... and, with luck, disrupting his concentration for long enough to make him release his spirits and let Paradise Ranger get clear, or at least provide a truly titanic distraction.

Passing through him doesn't feel great, but it just might work, and that helps me shake off the chills. Let's do this.

Defend Paradise Ranger: 2d6+2 13
Choosing to clear a condition as my bonus on this one and clearing Afraid.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

The Snakes sunk their fangs into Dust, and froze. Their bodies freezing and stiffening. Dust stands slowly, staring directly into Testement's eyes. The flux already burning away the venom in his body.

"Snakes? Spiders? I'm actually disappointed."

- - -
9:56 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Dust & Ashe - Take a powerful blow
9:56 PM !r 2d6
9:56 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 5 = 5
9:56 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 YESSS
+1 XP
- - -

Esperito yells something. It gets her attention.

//Dust - "Ashe? If you wo-"//

//Ashe - "Oh! Way ahead of you! You might wanna get out the way!"//

- - -
New messages
10:19 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Dust & Ashe - Overwhelm a vulnerable foe
10:19 PM !r 2d6+1
10:19 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 3+1 = 4
10:19 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Shoot
+1 XP
- - -

Dust Dives aside as Ashe fires a high calibre rifle. It's supposed to batter a target into submission. She'd tweaked it for dealing with supers. So it was a little bit more powerful then normal. Pity Ashe was really creeped out by spiders! The moment Dust moves aside, Ashe sees them and flinches, just as she fires the shot!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Warehouse Dock Brawl

"Aha snakes! Lucky Ted was completely wrong! Oh boy this sucks!" Ted and Bosun backed up together as the ring of snakes encircled them. Now Ted was pretty sure of all the ways he had died snake venom had not been one of them. He wasn't however keen to try it.

Thankfully Esperito had given Lucky Ted and pals the sign to attack with cool psychic thingy clones that do stuff! And here came Dust and Ashe the wonder twins lining up a shot! And they completely missed entirely, that was really unfortunate and would leave them vunerable to a horrible counter attack oh no! But then he saw that the illusion from earlier had painted big helpful 'HIT ME HERE!' signs all over the bad guy, and Lucky Ted decided to be Lucky Ted again

"Well shoot Lucky Ted's allies are in trouble! Time for Lucky Ted to be really stupid!" The Snakes didn't even get a chance to move as Lucky Ted leapt and charged through them with Bosun clearing the snake circle and loping after his master towards the distracted foe. Ted gestured, Bosun went left, Ted charged forward bat ready to swing and then he had a really stupid great idea!

"HEY YOU! CATCH!"

22:47 TheNabster Lucky Ted tries for a home run. With Bosun to Help, and taking advantage of Esperito's opportunity
22:47 TheNabster !r 2d6+2
22:47 Krysmbot TheNabster, 6+2 = 8
22:47 TheNabster Here comes Lucky Ted!

>Resist/Avoid their blows

The terrible villainess turned to face the bravely charging hero! And catches the bat thrown clumsily at her face! She looks at it, smiles, and then screams as Bosun clamped his jaws down on her leg. As she went to beat the dog away she looked back at the impertinent hero and-

Spiked cleats met her face half way from a running start with a audible *CRUNCH* and knocked her across the floor "Aha! I tricked you idiot!" As Ted landed roughly on the floor, he grabbed his bat before it hit him in the face, and sprung back to his feet ready for action!

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 19, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The Last Guardian
Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2| Superior: +0 | Mundane: +1
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

I stare at Jekyll for a moment, looking between him and my blades. Is he... intangible? That's frustrating, and there might not be anything I can do about tha-Whoa, ghouls out of nowhere! Luckily I'm too fast for them to get a hit on me even with them popping up with no warning, I duck and twist between their first strikes, lashing out with my blades.... which pass through nothing. They're gone again! So the lightning is messing with his magic, disrupting his concentration maybe? Paradise Ranger is getting barraged by spirits, so he's probably some kind of necromancer, but as I move to help him out, charges right through him... she's intangible too? This fight is getting weirder by the moment, but I can't let that slow me down. I boost up the electrical charge dancing along the blades of my swords and stab forward with them both, it's nice not to have to worry about killing accidentally because the blades can't actually cut him! The lightning isn't likely to take him out, but it should stop him from doing any more magic for long enough for Paradise Ranger or the untouchable archer to get a more solid attack in, if either of them can.

<godfish> fight the good fight jekyll round 2
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 5+2 = 7
creating an opportunity

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Prelude, cont'd: Scene 1 - Tahir Selim Port Warehouse Dock C-017

Gargantuan Squad - Team: 0

Victor Frost: Your efforts to rock the HVAC off of you are helped suddenly by somebody just out of sight. As the weighty unit rolls off of you, you see who it is - Dragonfang! Do you say anything in response? And... hey! Gargantaun just grabbed onto Synergy and took off! Do you chase him and try to save Synergy? Or do you stay and help the others?

Dragonfang: Your attempts to free Victor work... eventually. Not very powerfully. Do you say anything to him after freeing him? And... oh no! Gargantuan uses a window to kidnap one of the heroes and takes off in a massive leap! Do you give chase or stay put to fight the other baddies?

Testament Squad - Team: 1

Esperito: - Your illusion works perfectly - Testament pauses, then cowers as the illusion dives for her and passes right through. That duo, Dust and Ashe, they act immediately too, lining up some sniper shot on the woman. You smile at what is assuredly a KO finishing blow - but for some reason Ashe flinches at the last second! And the gun's now pointing at you! Take a powerful blow! What happens and how do you react?

Dust and Ashe: Your shot fails - horribly. You hear a shout from across the dock - you hit another hero! Testament laughs cruelly, the momentary illusion confusion forgotten - until Lucky Ted whaps her on the head and she falls down unconscious. Why couldn't that have been you? More seriously, though, what do you do - go help the person you hit, follow the gorilla guy who just kidnapped somebody and took off, or turn to face the spirit villain?

Lucky Ted: Home run! Or... goal? Nice kick, bud - you knocked Testament out! Feels good, especially for somebody that just got told they couldn't do this! So, what now - follow the gorilla, or take on the spirit dude?

Jekyll Squad - Team: 1

Judicator: At the sound of your voice, the spirits all turn and pay attention. Your words halt them in their tracks - as if you have interrupted whatever force was controlling them. Jekyll snarls and snaps his fingers, and the spirits whirl away into nothingness. He turns towards you suddenly, muttering something under his breath - but Aisha's move totally throws him for a loop. And not only that - Paradise Ranger is now free of the spirits terrorizing him! And The Last Guardian gets a shot in too! Testament passes out and Gargantuan just took off - Jekyll suddenly looks very small in a room full of heroes. He quickly leaps backwards, then turns to take off. What do you do?

Aisha: Your quick actions totally catch Jekyll by surprise, and combined with Judicator, succeed in freeing Paradise Ranger. The kid turns to you and thanks you wholeheartedly. What do you say in response? And hey - Jekyll is trying to take off! What do you do?

Last Guardian: Your blades strike true this time, and suddenly stripped of his spirit army - and companions - Jekyll whirls in an attempt to take off. What do you do?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Esperito needed to get out of the habit of expecting things out of his teammates. He made the perfect opportunity for the duo, and of course one of them fucks up royally. He watched in shock as the bullet flew towards him and grazed him in the chest.

"Fuuuuucck!!"

Those bullets hurt like hell! What the gently caress did they think they were doing? Thank god Lucky Ted was able to cover their gently caress-ups. Esperito lamented on the fact that Lucky Ted was the competent one in the room full of people with superpowers. That was pretty shocking. He would need to hit up Lucky Ted later, maybe find some booze in the local area and have a good old drink up, provided that the others didn't get them killed with their incompetency.

"Jesus christ, can't you two do anything right?" Esperito shouted angrily, covering his injury and glaring at the dumb duo. "Why can't you just make yourselves actually useful and beat up the enemy instead of your allies. Look, there's one now! Shoot them, not me!"

Esperito had gestured over towards Jekyll, who looked to be trying to make a getaway. While normally he would be all for running after him, he still had to nurse the injury that SOMEBODY that was supposed to be his ally gave him. He cursed quietly to himself. Why couldn't his sister be here to make life easier?

jimmydalad> Rolling to take a powerful blow
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 7 = 7
Going to lash out verbally and provoke Dust & Ashe to take a foolhardy action

<jimmydalad> I'm going to provoke them to physically attack Jekyll
<RWT> Because I am doing a lot of scene-stealing.
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 7+2 = 9
If you don't do what Esperito says, you take a condition.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

For a moment, all other sounds ceased, and a single voice overpowered all senses as The Judicator made her will known.

"NO."

Floating in the air, surrounded by a blazing blue yet strangely serene corona of light, The Judicator pointed her staff at Jekyll.

"I FORBID you from postponing your due judgement. You will stay, and hear your verdict. And by the transcendental AUTHORITY granted to me by the Celestial Bureaucracy as a a judicator of rank epsilon tertius, I ORDER YOU TO HEED!" The Judicator boomed, and her eyes had the brunt, gestalt Will of the Bureaucracy behind them as she gazed the man down.

quote:

Theantero: Unleashing the power of CELEASTIAL AUTHORITEEH to stop Jekyll from running off
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 12+2 = 14
Theantero: BOOOOM

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure | Location: Gargantuan Punchfest (Now with new scenery!)

I flipped up to my feet, turning a sardonic grin on Dragonfang, "Thanks for the assist, 'Fang! I really thought that was going to go a bit better. No rest for the wicked!" I rolled my shoulders, feeling the effects of the healing Qi. Pretty spry for a guy just hit with an HVAC, right? I built up Qi in my legs and as the energy started building, I began to sprint after the ape. The scenery sped by as I quickly cut the distance between us to a pittance. The energy exploded forth as I launched myself into a flying kick. My foot slammed into the ape's back mid-jump, loosening his grip on Synergy. I followed up with a scything over-head kick into the ape's head, sending it slamming down into the dock below.

I lightly landed, looking at the collapsed ape, before realizing I was forgetting something. My arms shot out, safely grabbing Synergy before she crashed into the floor.

quote:

[16:47:14] <Tricky> Victor's gonna flying kick the ape-man
[16:47:22] <Tricky> !r 2d6+3
[16:47:24] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 11+3 =

Resist blows; take back Synergy!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Warehouse Dock Brawl (Jekyll Squad)

"Glad I could help. You okay? That was pretty freaky--"

My response to Paradise Ranger is cut off by the sound of one of my allies issuing orders -- no, commands, using some power that doesn't feel like anything I've heard of, even now. Who is she, and what is she doing? Whatever it is, it seems to have made the ghost-summoner stop in his tracks. Which means I've got a chance again.

I saw what he could do before, and I'm not under any illusions that I can really hurt him or even slow him down for long. The ones fighting alongside me can, though, and I can offer a distraction -- or maybe just a little shame. Someone like this, attacking the helpless, deserves to be humbled a bit.

I line up the shot and take it before I can think better of the plan: a single shot towards his collarbone, intended to sever the cord of the bone-fetish necklace he wears. Maybe he's intangible, but his stuff can't all be, and I intend to leave a mark. Even if he finds a way to weasel out of this -- hopefully he won't, but even if he does -- I intend to make sure he won't forget this day any time soon.

Directly Engage Jekyll: 2d6 7
Gonna opt to Take something from him: his weird bone necklace, and possibly also his dignity?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Now villainess prepare for..." Lucky Ted stopped, carefully crept over to the fallen villainess, and prodded her with his bat. She was out like a light. "Oh, well okay then. LUCKY TED WINS!" Throwing both arms up in the air and celebrating kicking a lady in the face whilst she was distracted. The best victories are victories acquired from cheap shots and dirty tactics.

His celebration was cut short by the sight a big bruiser bugger running away with a girl in hand, followed by some other guy Lucky Ted could probably remember the name of if given a run up and a few guesses. It was like King Kong except there is no tallest building in the world right now just a warehouse and superheroes, Ted broke into a run after the escaping super criminal. But not before he took a picture of his first downed super-villain to add to his previously empty 'villains I beat up' album. Well he wasn't going to ask for a picture of her later now was he?

---

In hindsight, maybe Lucky Ted should have been working on his Cardio instead of his SICK BAT SKILLS. Panting and sweating, he stumbles up to the fight and attempts to yell out "Urghh uhh, Here is - Oh god why did I sprint all the way there - Lucky Ted!" And he looked up and saw someone else kicked it in the face first. Dammit he was too late!

No wait no he wasn't the big ape man was starting to get up and he looked pretty upset about being kicked in the face like that. Oh that isn't great and good so let's avoid that shall we? Lucky Ted ran in like a stupid, stupid idiot.

17:42 TheNabster Here comes LUCKY TED To save the day! Again! With SAVIOR!
17:43 TheNabster !r 2d6+2
17:43 Krysmbot TheNabster, 9+2 = 11
17:43 TheNabster Fuckin' LUCKY
17:43 TheNabster GOD drat
17:43 TheNabster TED

>Add a team to the Gargantuan Pool

Once again he was between people who probably didn't need his help and someone who could bend him into a pretzel with one hand. Just where he likes to be. Now if he could get out of this one without death or serious injury that would be super swell.

Brandishing his bat against the guy who towered a good two or three feet above him, Lucky Ted said in a legitimately concerned voice "You look like someone hit you with a truck mister! You should put a cold compress on that or something."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 24, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Ashe whinced. "S-Sorry~!" She yelled.

//Ashe: Oh god I almost nailed that guy.// she thought to Dust. Who was pulling snakes off of his arms.

//Dust: Apologise later. Two to go. Switching target to The Thin One//

//Ashe: Ah! Right! Opening fire!//

She racked the slide and aimed again. Sighting Jekkyl down her sights. He was trying to escape? She could solve that!

- - -
Dust & Ashe - Unleash your powers, + Together
8:27 PM !r 2d6+2
8:27 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 4+2 = 6
8:27 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 gently caress
8:27 PM Wait
8:27 PM No I can fix that

+1 XP
Spending 1 Team using - Bond: In each other's heads
Role result 7.
Making effect temporary
- - -

Ashe gestured. She was already kinda jumpy, and on edge from the nights events. She was hoping to try and drop a net on the fleeing villain! She just couldn't aim it right. Dust's voice reached her, and like a calming effect got her to refocus.

//Dust: Breath, concentrate. There are no spiders. I've squashed them. Just think about using your powers.//

With a snap of her fingers she crafted a net above Jekkyl! It wouldn't hold him for long, but it might give the others a chance to get them!

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 24, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Giving Viktor a smile in response, I completely miss Synergy being taken hostage! Curses! At the very least, Viktor appears to have noticed, immediately freeing her.

"Well done! How about I teach him to fight someone his own size, now?!"

Feeling the draconic blood inside me boil, I briefly lurch over as my body changes form rapidly, and soon a 30 feet dragon stands where I did.

Taking to the sky, I dive directly onto Gargantuan, smashing him into the ground and pinning him to it with a massive claw. With a mighty roar, I signal my allied to finish the fiend as I keep him pinned underneath the massive weight of a dragon.

Directly Engaging Gargantuan: 2d6 12 Resisting Blows, Taking away his ability to move.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

Daedulus flew aimlessly round the battlefield. She was kinda out of her league in this kind of fight. Sure she was fast and agile in the air but she wasn't any sort of hand to hand fighter. And well taking on a giant robot thing was a bit beyond her. Not that she planned to admit that if anyone asked of course. She was merely waiting for the right opportunity to strike. To finish the fight in one blow. That was until he kidnapped one of her fellow heroes. She rushed down to help only to be beaten to it by her impromptu teammates.

Did one of them just turn into a dragon? Holy poo poo! how the hell am I going to top that? She thought to herself. She couldn't but she could get her fellow hero in trouble out of the way. "Here give her to me." She said smiling as she grabbed the dazed Synergy from Victor. "I'll leave the fighting in your capable hands while I get her to safety ok?"

Grabbing the semi-concious heroine she took off into the sky and tried to get away from the dastardly villian.

[00:30] Ferrosol defending synergy
[00:30] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[00:30] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+1 = 8
adding a team to the pool and exposing myself to danger

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The Last Guardian
Potential: 1/5

Trying to run, eh Jekyll?! I'm not going to have that! The archer was already going for him, and I could see one of the other combatants aiming a net over his head, but he can do that intangibility thing, so that might not stop him, luckily, I know just what will. With my supernaturally fast speed I run past him, while he's probably being kept busy by the others, to the large hole left in the wall he was trying to escape from and grab two of the electrical cables that ran through the wall, whose loose ends are sparking wildly.

Wincing and gritting my teeth as the electricity shocks and burns my body but not nearly as fast as my body is healing itself in response. It hurts, but I can handle it just fine! I run the cables across the length of the whole, pulling more out of the wall to run it back again, and again, until I've formed a net of charged electrical cables blocking the exit. Try ghosting through that Mr. Hurts-By-Electricity! Haha! ...Hopefully.

<godfish> unleash powers on wall
<godfish> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3+1 = 4
trying to block escape hole
Potential!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Prelude, cont'd: Scene 1 - Tahir Selim Port Warehouse Dock C-017

Team Gargantuan: Your combined attacks on Gargantuan, and subsequent freeing of Synergy, have the monstrous villain piping mad. He roars, then launches himself high up in the air, many thousands of feet in seconds. As you move to react, however, a dark mist suddenly rises from the ground. Everything fades to black...

Team Jekyll: Your blows cause Jekyll to recoil horribly, and as you block all the exits, he reels back. He screams, and suddenly a porous mist emerges from his mouth, spreading rapidly to cover the ground. His whole body starts to fade away as it bends and breaks, fading out slowly. The mist surrounds all of you, slowly making everything go black...

Everyone: What's the last thing you say as everything goes black? Who do you say it to?

Welcome to the real end of recruitment! Coming later this week: IC threads, Influence sheets, and Chapter 1 of the story!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Frgrbrgr posted:

Everyone: What's the last thing you say as everything goes black? Who do you say it to?

As the mist spreads and hides everything out of sight, a dry, matter-of-fact voice can be heard ringing in the room.

"Heed! General announcement. As per the protocols specified in The Celestial Bureaucracy's Official Combat Zone Evaluation Guide, Volume II Chapter 1, it is my advice to all those present to attempt and avoid this unidentified mistform entity, for it is potentially hazardous."

Apparently pleased in itself for having done what was expected of it, the voice made no further comment or clarification.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

And the villain fled. Victory for Lucky Ted by default, hurrah! But then a dark mist started to flood the dock, that's bad. But he should have some sort of gas-mask that's good! But no wait he left it some while back after someone shot him through it, that's bad. But he could have something else to use in his pack, that's probably good?

Rummaging around in his sack of stuff however, he found-

"Oh sweet!" He pulled triumphantly out of his pack for all the others present to see. A sandwich. It was peanut butter. Just peanut butter and it looked like it had been a peanut butter sandwich for longer then it should have been.

"I wondered where I put that. Welp, time for lunch, see you lot later."

And as the mists rose, enveloped and enfolded Ted and his dog, he made sure he at least ate something first.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 26, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Well, that was certainly a fight. His chest was still hurting like a bitch, but he could manage. He was satisfied, at the very least. He still had to clutch to his chest, however, as he looked around the room. There was one person he wanted to talk to in particular. With all of the crazy people with powers, there was someone who he had to give massive props to. After all, he was probably one of the most oddly competent people in the room.

Oh wait, there was this stupid mist.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me," Esperito mumbled to himself as the mist swallowed him up. He was hoping to at least have this wound get checked up on by his sister. Guess that plan's down the drain.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 26, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure | Location: Disappearing into the mists?

I looked up at the now-flying ape as he rocketed into the stratosphere. Clearly he realized he was out-matched and out-gunned. I looked over at Dragonfang, in her fully-draconic form, and shrugged, "A flying monkey. Don't see that every day, eh?"

I was just turning to acknowledge the man with the dog (and, of course, the sandwich) when the mists swallowed us up.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Warehouse Dock Brawl/Creepy Fog Rave

Huh, so he had some pyrotechnics left in him after all? Well, he's still not going anywhere. I turn towards Paradise Ranger and the other two who've taken the lead -- the cyborg(?) girl with those useful electric blades, and the girl who's giving earnest orders. "Thanks. Pretty lucky we had you here; I don't think I could have touched that guy on my own. So, yeah, I owe you... one..."

The black mist isn't letting up, and stars are starting to crop up at the edges of my vision. Is this some kind of nerve gas? I cough and hack, as if I can somehow get it out of my lungs, but it's too late. I'm already fading.

At least I manage to get my bow on my back, where it'll be safe, before everything goes black.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
The Last Guardian
Potential: 1/5

I smile back at Aisha, reasonably confident that my cybernetics will be able to filter out any of the mist I end up swallowing. "Just fulfilling my role as the Last Guardian!" The mist is still spreading though, heading right towards her. "Careful!" I start forward, moving into the mist to try and pull her out as it suddenly envelopes her, and, what do you know, my cybernetics aren't able to keep up and the world fades into blackness.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Ashe ran over to Esperito

"Hey, um, sorry, you know, a-about shooting you, totally my fault I-" Then the mist enveloped him. Ashe stood there for a few moments and then sprinted away in full panic mode "Dust! Dust! DUST! DUST DUST DUST!!!"

"I know! I know! Just stay close!" Dust cursed backing away from the fog as it advanced. A wall of whiteness swallowing everything in it's path. He grabbed Ashe. Secure in the knowledge that she was here, and okay and-

The mist enveloped the both of them, and blissful unconsciousness settled on their troubled minds.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Turning to Viktor, I speak to him in a booming voice befitting of my current form. "Well fought, Viktor! Let us --"

Unfortunately, my train of thought gets interrupted by the advancing wall of darkness.

"Hold on, I'll --" Grabbing Viktor, I try to take off but black out before I could.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Side A - Manifest Destiny

Dragonfang, the Outsider - by Yami Fenrir
Lucky Ted, the Beacon - by TheNabster
Dust & Ashe, the Joined - by Arashiofordo3
Mara Duenna, the Legacy - by GodFish

Side B - Way of the Dragon

Victor Frost, the Bull - by Tricky
Esperito, the Delinquent - by jimmydalad
The Judicator, the Outsider - by Theantero
Daedalus, the Star - by Ferrosol
Aisha al-Farid, the Beacon - by Antivehicular

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 1, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Awww no these three were perfect together! I didn't even interact with anyone else on my team!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Same but with Victor and Daedelus. </3

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Sorry all but I am going to close these games. Family takes priority and running games is a hell of a lot harder than just being a character for me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Sorry to hear that, but don't worry about it. Take care of you and yours, and if you decide to try GMing again, I'll be interested.

• Locked thread