Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Volume 1A - Manifest Destiny

Chapter 1 - Location: Unknown
Team: 1 - Influence - OOC

Starring...
Dragonfang, the Outsider - by Yami Fenrir
Lucky Ted, the Beacon - by TheNabster
Dust & Ashe, the Joined - by Arashiofordo3
Mara Duenna, the Legacy - by GodFish

Slowly, surely, the darkness fades. The air around you becomes muggy - humid - stinky. This isn't Amaranth - and only a few of the heroes that were in Amaranth seem to have come with you. And indeed, as your vision returns, you see nothing but flat swampland for miles around. Small shrubby trees dot the landscape, with small ponds everywhere. The warm air is gross and uncomfortable, and though you've only been here a few seconds, insects start to buzz around you and swarm.

One building is visible, far in the distance - and smoke emerges from it! A loud crash emanates from inside, and even from this far out, you can see why. A massive panther suddenly stalks out from behind the other side of the building, snapping its fangs at something just out of sight. If you look carefully, somebody appears to be riding on its back. A few cries for help can be heard - people need help!

Everyone: Fill out your Relationships, based on the prologue. You may need to invent scenes that didn't happen. By all means, please do! Clear all conditions. Then, complete the Influence sheet, and finally, respond to these prompts.

What do you say to those that arrived here with you? What do you do?

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Relationships

Alpha- You think that Lucky Ted could really teach Beta a thing or two.

Beta- You are jealous of the relationship between Alpha and Dragonfang.

Both- You both have an intense crush on Mara - the last guardian.

Influence

give three teammates influence

Mara, Lucky Ted, Dragonfang

- - -

"O...okay. That was weird... OH! Mara! Hey!" Ashe said as she came too. Bouncing over to the girl. "Fancy meeting you here!" She gave a cute little smile.

"I'm pretty sure we weren't in a forest when we fell asleep..." Dust said, standing up slowly. Checking around him for some clue to where they'd ended up.

- - -

10:16 AM A<ArashiSleeping> ArashiofOrdo3 Dust & Ashe - Assess the Situation
10:16 AM !r 2d6+2
10:16 AM K<Krysmbot> ArashiSleeping, 7+2 = 9

- What here is in the greatest danger?

- - -

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 5, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Fre -1 | Dan 0 | Sav +2 | Sup 0 | Mun +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: A Jungle Somewhere

Relationships for Sale

Ted - Everyone is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.

Ted thinks every person on this team is a lot cooler and more awesome than he is and wants to hang out with them as much as he can, the power twins, the dragon lady and the actual legit superhero dynasty member are all people he wants to talk to and learn from. He is very impressionable like that.

Ted - You’ve got to prove yourself to Mara before you feel like a real hero.

There's a legit bona-fide hero on this team from a real superhero family and everything! And she's got a sweet battle-suit and kung-fu action grip and stuff and that is just the best! So if I can be a super cool hero in her eyes, that essentially means my shenanigans is getting the seal from approval from a real superhero and no one can tell me I'm not one anymore!

Relationships I'd like

Alpha- You think that _____ could really teach Beta a thing or two.

"There's nothing wrong with fighting dirty when it's you or them. Personally I like to put a thumb into the eye of someone I am fighting, even all powerful super mans can get stopped if you jab one of their eyes out."

Mara - Having a relationship with ______________ would bring shame to your legacy.

Compare and contrast, "I am a member of a long and distinguished legacy of justice toting superheroes and was respected as one of the premier superhero families in the world" to "I brought this 2x4 with a few nails in it and my dog let's loving PARTY!"

Dragonfang - You have been learning about Earth by spending time with ___.

Lucky Ted probably is a few knives short of a full set of cutlery and probably should not be telling you all about how the earth stuff works. So of course he should do it.

Influence

You are so excited to be here. Give Influence over you to three of your teammates.

Influence for everyone!

---

Ted finished his sandwich, and found that suddenly it felt a lot warmer then it had a few seconds ago. He waved at Dragonfang who seemed to have come with him. And saw the Panther, who hadn't come with him but it was really big and really scary and Ted had always wanted to try fighting a giant animal for kicks, but so far the wasteland had been bereft of giant mutated monstrosities. Clearly his time spent playing Fallout was wasted, what could a aimless teenager hope to do in a desolate wasteland if there wasn't even any cool mutants to punch?

"Mmmph mpmhpmhpm" He swallowed. "Wanna go fight that? I wanna go fight that can we go fight that?" Said Ted turning to his other teammates, bouncing up and down in eager excitement for even more supervillains to beat up, Ted was very easily distracted like that. He felt very briefly concerned that they seemed to be in the middle of nowhere far away from Amaranth, but Ted was also very easily distracted, and the distant prospect of kicking rear end and taking names was calling to him like a siren song.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 3, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2| Superior: +0 | Mundane: +1 | Potential: 1/5
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry

Relationships
Having a relationship with Lucky Ted would bring shame to your legacy.
Lucky Ted feels like the embodiment of vigilante justice, one of the things the Guardians were the most opposed to. I'm sure he means well, but your average person picking up a heavy stick of wood and going off to 'sort things out' was nearly as much of a problem as your average crimes were back before the Nexus Event. Really, the old Guardian's would have frowned on anyone in our group, but at least the rest of them have... powers, or training, or... anything besides the ability to die painfully over and over. Sigh. Maybe I can find some Guardian Armor and train him enough that he could be one of us.

You trust Dragonfang and told them an important secret of your legacy.
Dragonfang is a lot like me, really, young, female, and from an organization dedicated to guarding and protecting the innocent. Sure, there's some differences, like the Guardians were a planetary group, and her Order Vigilum is some kind of multi-dimensional taskforce, as far as I can understand. But I felt a connection with her right away, and she's easy to trust. So I told her the secret I haven't told anyone else. About who the Mad Dog really is.

Influence
You get influence, and you get influence, you all get influence!

---

It's hard to focus at first, as the fog clears, but I do my best to try and get a grip on the situation as fast as possible. My training helps somewhat, and the regenerative nature of my body helps more. Even so, I don't notice the smoking building at the start, instead trying to take in all of our surroundings. Trees, swamps, muggy air, insects. So many insects. This isn't Amaranth, we might not be in the same country even. This is bad, as far as saving Amaranth goes, but at least we didn't seem to have been sent into a trap, the only ones here are other members of the resistance. Until the crash, anyway.

Turning sharply, I focus my sensors on the smoking building, zooming in to look at the giant cat and rider. Lucky Ted seems rather overly eager to fight, when we really should be focusing on saving people, but he does, at least, have the right idea. "Alright, no time to sit around, we need to get over there and rescue whoever is in trouble!" I start off towards the building and cat, having to hold back on my speed to make sure the team sticks together. "We'll probably need to restrain the attacker or attackers, but if theres anyone trapped inside the building at least two of us should work on that." Once we're a bit nearer I speed up, leaving the group to catch up, and skid to a halt in front of the woman and giant cat. "This is the Guardians! Please put down your weapons immediately!" Or.... the Guardian, anyway. Still, my armor makes it obvious I am who I say I am.

<godfish> symbol of authority, cat lady
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7+2 = 9
They choose, do what I say, get out of my way, attack at a disadvantage, or freeze

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: +1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: 0 | Potential: 1/5

Relationships

quote:

You have been learning about Earth by spending time with Lucky Ted.

While the young man is somewhat... odd, he appears quite knowledgeable about this world. He's been teaching quite a lot about it! Although I still do not know what he means when he says "This is like Fallout", and I also want to see one of these fabled 'Deathclaws" and fight it.

quote:

You have a crush on Dust but you keep it under wraps.

This man is very handsome, that much is undeniable. I find myself glancing his way more often than I'd like... hopefully it won't prove a dangerous distraction in combat.

Influence for everyone!

----

As the strange mist clears, I find myself in a jungle... with people I only recognize barely from the battle.

"Victor?! Are you around?" I yell out into the jungle. No response. ... Not good. Taking stock of my likely allies I see another swordfighter, a decidedly under-armored woman (in shoes unsuitable for combat, no less), a very handsome man, and... someone armed with a sandwich. Wait, is that Lucky Ted?

Following that, The Guardian gives out some orders. "Understood."

Extending my hand to stop Ted's overeagerness, I berate him.

"Do not be so eager to rush into battle. We don't know where we are, nor who our enemies are. Take a look at the battlefield first."

Assess the Situation: 2d6+2 9 What here is the biggest threat?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 9, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: A Jungle Somewhere

Ted looked at Dragonfang for a moment, and then pointed a finger at Mara heading towards the base. "Well she's going towards it, and I guess since she's probably about to reveal herself to the panther rider I guess we'll find out won't we?" With that he motioned to his dog and creeped after The Last Guardian as she went into her good copper telling people their rights thing to the most likely enemy panther rider.

Ted got into a good position to assist if necessary, and gave Mara a thumbs up from the bush. It was real tactical and everything, even if the plan if this went runny was to run screaming at the enemy and hit them into they gave up.

Spending 1 team to bump Mara's roll to a 10

With that in mind, he decided to try out some of that 'Looking before you leap' that people keep telling him to do. He looked at the situation in front of him really hard.

21:30 TheNabster Ted is going to try out being SMART and ASSESSING the situation
21:30 TheNabster !r 2d6
21:30 Krysmbot TheNabster, 6 = 6
21:30 TheNabster Ted is not very smart though

And immediately got bored and started watching a nearby anthill instead. It was very engrossing.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 3, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Chapter 1 - Location: Unknown
Team: 0 - Influence - OOC

Mara: You dash forward as you issue orders, and quickly approach the giant cat and its rider. As you stop in front of her and shout, she stares back at you impassionately, with a face marred by heavy dirt and built-up grime. She raises an eyebrow, then lifts her spear, "Fine... if you want to kill them, at leave save me some of the meat." A few more cries erupt from the smoking building, causing you to turn to face the structure - and notice that... it's swarming with tiny monkeys! They chitter and cry with the same cry that you heard earlier - and stare at you - then raise tiny spears and shout angrily at you! W-what?! How do you respond? What do you think is happening?

Make sure you take 1 forward against the cat lady from Ted's Team spend

Oh god what

Dust/Ashe: Mara is clearly in danger - from a tribe of warrior monkeys! Wait... monkeys?! How do you even respond to that? What do you do? What do you see that hints at something bigger going on?

Dragonfang: The biggest threat is the big cat, but the spear-wielding monkeys are coming easily in second or third behind yourself. Wait... monkeys?! How do they act that scares you? What do you do in response?

Lucky Ted: As Ted watches the anthill, he notices something weird about the anthill - they are carrying human bones into their antnest. Oh god. What hell have you landed in? How do you respond?

Mark Afraid

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: +1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: 0 | Potential: 1/5

What are these horrifying screams? These demon monkeys! I've seen them before, haven't I? No... cannot be. They just look similar... but those faces...

Never mind, they are little threat. But woman, however... I'm unsure about her. What does she want?

Piercing the Panther Rider's Mask: 2d6 8 What do you intend to do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2| Superior: +0 | Mundane: +1 | Potential: 2/5

That response caught me a bit off guard. Did I misjudge the situation? I think I might have, but you can't blame me for that! Anyone looking at this would have thought the violent looking woman on a giant cat was the villain here. She still might be, but it looked like she was going to attack the monkeys... Which are yelling and waving spears around and looking pretty villainous as well. Maybe they're both villains? I don't know! I need to look decisive here though, I'm the Guardian, after all! "Thank you. Please wait here for us to finish." I nod curtly to the woman, and turn my back on her, trusting to my companions to watch my back if she tries to stab me in the back or something.

That settled.... sort of... I focus on the monkeys, trying to tell what the hell is going on here. They do seem quite likely to attack, so I adjust my grip on my blades, then try to analyze the situation. What are the monkeys doing here, what was the woman trying to do? Are there people inside the building, or more monkeys?

[00:22:53] <godfish> piece the mask of the monkeys assess the situation of the monkeys
[00:22:58] <godfish> !r 2d6
[00:22:58] <Krysmbot> godfish, 4 = 4
[00:23:07] <Ferrosol> nah nil
[00:23:09] <godfish> er
[00:23:13] <godfish> I meant assess the situation
[00:23:20] <godfish> whoops
[00:23:26] <godfish> I rolled the right dice for assess not piece anyway :v[/i]

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

"monkeys!" Ashe yelled surprised!

"Mara! Watch out!" Dust yelled. Punching the earth and sending a ripple through the ground and letting a wall erupt between Mara and the simian threat.

- - -

11:01 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Dust & Ashe - Defend Mara from Monkies
11:01 PM !r 2d6
11:01 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 9 = 9
Forgot to include influance
Actual result 10.

Adding team to the pool/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid | Location: A Jungle Somewhere

Lucky Ted passively watches as the ants carry the human bones into his nest with a blank look on his face, after watching them pull a jawbone into the nest Ted said plainly to the air. "I'm just gonna go ahead and put that under things I would have rather not seen."

A commotion ahead draws his attention, over there is Mara dealing with monkies, and everyone is rushing in and the Panther lady is just watching. Here is the point where Ted thinks that he should bide his time, collect his thoughts and consider the implications of what he was going to do before he-

Lucky Ted is rolling to Directly Engage the Dumb Monkies. With +1 from getting his Dog to help, and +1 from Dragonfang's assess roll cancelling out the -2 from afraid

20:43 TheNabster Go Lucky Ted Go!
20:43 TheNabster !r 2d6
20:43 Krysmbot TheNabster, 7 = 7
20:43 TheNabster Yes Lucky Ted Yes!

>Resist/Avoid their blows

"Ffffff I can't do this anymore! Times up let's do this LUCKY TEEEEEEEEEED!!"

Before Ted's brain could stop Ted he was hauling rear end out of the bush, length of pipe in one hand, bat in the other charging directly at the spear monkeys screaming incoherently at the top of his voice. He fell upon the screeching horde as a whirling dervish of crazed fear, hallucinations caused by slightly off peanut butter sandwiches and terrible blunt trauma. Bosun was having to run just to keep up.

• Locked thread