Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Warren Harding's secretary of the interior, Albert Hall, was given large sums of money in exchange for leasing out oil rights to companies for low rates. It is not clear whether or not Harding knew about this but he may have done. It also established, via supreme court ruling, that Congress can subpoena people. So that's interesting. Why do people not know about this important governmental scandal? Why are my students so lazy and ill-read that they don't know about this important governmental scandal? Why am I not allowed to tell them to leave school, because they don't belong here? If I fail them all, will anyone find out or care? When answering, note that this is my last semester here and I will be gone soon. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
How about next fortnight

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
suck my teapot dome you fuckman

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
have you considered being a trendsetter by shooting up your school? it is always students or outsiders who do it, so a teacher or aide or whatever the gently caress you are doing so would make it all somewhat novel.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
the teapot dome scandal hasn't appeared in a video game yet so how would your students know about it?

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Finally a thread hitting the pulse of the present

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

cuck cuck im gay posted:

How about next fortnight

that might be feasible

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Luvcow posted:

the teapot dome scandal hasn't appeared in a video game yet so how would your students know about it?

Maybe EA will do a Bonus Army dlc for Battlefield One

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
tell me more, tell me morw

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Seriously more pls, this sounds cool. I like tea and I like coppin dome so...

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I learned about teapot dome in the 11th grade. My US History teacher said, and now, in the early 20th century, all these presidents sucked rear end, and teapot dome happened. it was bad. that's all you need to know, and your textbook has a single paragraph if you're interested. By the way wikipedia is unreliable so don't bother looking into it we have to study for the texas assessment of knwoeledge and skills i can't have your brains cluttered with century old scandals.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Harding ostensibly supported mediation in the Railroad Strike of '22 but at the same time did not prevent the use of National Guardsmen in protecting and transporting strikebreakers. His efforts to bring about a peaceful end to the conflict mostly consisted of not giving the unions anything while asking them to go back to work. It did not help and he was hated by both sides for trying in such a lovely fashion but that all got forgotten when teapot dome happened and his cabinet started actually going to jail for real.

Also, one of these jackass students wrote in his paper that Typhoid Mary was why everyone died at Jamestown

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hemophilia posted:

I learned about teapot dome in the 11th grade. My US History teacher said, and now, in the early 20th century, all these presidents sucked rear end, and teapot dome happened. it was bad. that's all you need to know, and your textbook has a single paragraph if you're interested. By the way wikipedia is unreliable so don't bother looking into it we have to study for the texas assessment of knwoeledge and skills i can't have your brains cluttered with century old scandals.

Wikipedia is actually about as accurate as a regular encyclopedia. Which is to say, not that accurate.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I def learned about Teapot Dome in AP US History and I'm pretty sure it was even mentioned in my 8th grade history class albeit super briefly. And my 11th grade US History teacher was a total doucher Reaganite who got mad if you didn't say the pledge.

corn in the bible posted:

Why are my students so lazy and ill-read that they don't know about this important governmental scandal? Why am I not allowed to tell them to leave school, because they don't belong here? If I fail them all, will anyone find out or care? When answering, note that this is my last semester here and I will be gone soon. Thanks!

why are you such a bad teacher that you blame your students and decide the best course of action is to just boot them out of school entirely instead of trying to teach them and maybe figuring out why their other teachers failed them so badly?

I swear I've had maybe like 3-4 actually good teachers and 50 mediocre to lovely ones who all think they're good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Thankfully it is too early in the semester for their poor schooling to be my fault yet. but you are right, they may have simply had bad teachers in the past! Let's all do our best to make people love history!

• Locked thread