Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

EVO Japan ran a Fighting Vipers tournament, but they did it in Judgement lmao

RGG does more for game preservation than anyone else in the industry lmao

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
eventually they'll put sonic 2 & knuckles in an RGG game and i'll never play anything again

also speaking of old games i love that outrun and space harrier are basically in every single RGG game since yakuza 0, after the mandatory 1-4 hours of introductory sequences i always beeline to the nearest arcade to slap my names on the high score screen and win a UFO catcher prize

and yet i'm loving terrible at outrun? i've never made it past the second leg of the road, and this time when i was hitting it up as homeless Ichiban i realized the sole reason i like it so much is the extremely chill music and the nice sunset high score screen:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nobody is good at both Outrun and Space Harrier, you can only have the skills for one.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
:smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Finished LAD8. As per usual, they find a way to make me tear up at the ending.

I'd definitely say I liked the game, but I'd also say it was pretty dang uneven overall. Maybe it's because we really paced out our playing of the game, but the plot just really didn't work as much for me and the lack of substories was pretty disappointing. I loved the addition of way more of the skits though, and as I'd expect the cast of characters was genuinely great.

For LAD9 I mostly just hope the pacing is a bit more even and the villain can be more directly involved with the story. I'd also like to see them space out the whole "getting to know your party members" pieces a little more if that feature returns. I love that you have so many little skits and scenes with them but I think having them all available right away means it's just too easy to do every one of them right away and then have nothing more than the random skits going forwards.

Solid game overall, but definitely not my favorite in the series.