Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Don't want a tag or av or anything but for the sake of adding my voice to the rest, I just donated blood and took my brother along too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Whitlam posted:

Don't want a tag or av or anything but for the sake of adding my voice to the rest, I just donated blood and took my brother along too.

Well if you don't want a tag or avatar I suppose it doesn't matter if you do or don't want to post a picture.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Same as before.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I made a strained Chick pun and hosed up the speech bubble. Got a shirt and $5 Dunkin though.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

Mexican Radio posted:

$100 to RAICES

$100 to RAINN

$100 to Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights

Hit me with just that gang tag, please.

I got each of these matched by my employer, too!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I made a strained Chick pun and hosed up the speech bubble. Got a shirt and $5 Dunkin though.

Did you want an avatar and/or gangtag?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Making good on my gang tag toxx from before the 1/15 extension. No avatar, thanks.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Making good on my gang tag toxx from before the 1/15 extension. No avatar, thanks.

Oh durr I totally forgot, I am the most gullible person lol.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh durr I totally forgot, I am the most gullible person lol.

i have swamp land in florida to sell you

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

For an earlier toxx before the deadline extension.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Urcher posted:

Plasma donation booked. I've only done whole blood before but last time I was there they said they needed O- platelet donations and asked me to do a plasma donation so they can get a platelet count to see if I can donate platelets. This will be my 11th donation, I got a 10 donations badge last time.

Christmas bunny and gang tag please.

Blood for the Blood God! Thanks for the avatar and gang tag.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NPR Journalizard posted:

Due to scheduling I cant donate blood until after the drive is over, but

:toxx:

I will post proof once I get a chance.

Having some puppies in a tag would be great.

Completely forgot to take a photo while I was at the appt, but the first donation was completed.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

I guess I'll take a tag.

I meant to donate blood, which they asked me to change to red blood / platelet, which they then asked me to change to a triple platelet donation, which I didn't know was a thing.

e: forgot to write anything, but I've still got the paperwork with the date on it, I guess I can take a pic and black stuff out.

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 11, 2019

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
Has anyone offered to match blood donations yet? Usually I just do double red three times a year because I'm lazy but if no one else has I'll :toxx: to donating platelets instead once for each person that donates before the 1/15 cutoff, up to the end of the year (so like 24-25 donations). Red Cross lets me donate once every 14 days with platelets so I can post bi-weekly updates in a side thread or something to hold to the toxx.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
FWIW, I think they cap you at 24 per year.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

every time I donate blood I passout when the bag gets about half full, i really hate that

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Av with the puppies and the tag please.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

mmj posted:

Has anyone offered to match blood donations yet? Usually I just do double red three times a year because I'm lazy but if no one else has I'll :toxx: to donating platelets instead once for each person that donates before the 1/15 cutoff, up to the end of the year (so like 24-25 donations). Red Cross lets me donate once every 14 days with platelets so I can post bi-weekly updates in a side thread or something to hold to the toxx.

I'm willing to accept this from you up to the point that is medically safe for you to do so following the rules of your chosen donation place.

Since this thread will not remain open all year, you could send your proof to myself or PPJ or Ard via PM or email (my email is in my profile).

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm willing to accept this from you up to the point that is medically safe for you to do so following the rules of your chosen donation place.

Since this thread will not remain open all year, you could send your proof to myself or PPJ or Ard via PM or email (my email is in my profile).

Yeah, I'll keep my health in mind and stop if any problems come up.

Anyways, one down:

I couldn't take pictures there since both arms and one hand had a needle in them, but those are the go home instructions they gave me afterwards. I'll get pictures before they tap the veins next time.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

mmj posted:

I couldn't take pictures there since both arms and one hand had a needle in them, but those are the go home instructions they gave me afterwards. I'll get pictures before they tap the veins next time.
And that's why I just give whole blood and not platelets because I can handle one needle but not three. Goonspeed :patriot:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
:siren: last day for this, folks; anybody with a scheduled blood/plasma/platelet donation speak out :siren:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://imgur.com/a/Iu0JtqA - donation matches from a kind goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Just got done with my donation. I didn't remember to write anything before I got hooked up, but here's a pic in progress:

And here's one of the brochure and name tag they gave me: