Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I wish you let the other story units attack the boss, it seems there's some conversations prepared for that. Maybe Kelik had something to say, too - unless you tested it and only Ephraim talks:)

Also, I wish you checked the boss' name and class, and I'm curious if it changes between forms.

Regarding the writing, I like that she speaks of herself with pronouns starting with a capital letters, but it's weird that the characters do it too - it would be nice if they didn't, or did it at the start and then stopped or something.

All in all, interesting idea - but in actual gameplay, a huge pain, it seems. It's also a shame that the new units aren't really useful, even for flavour: no conversations, supports, barely any new sprites (Morva has a distinct one, but it's still his old one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

New video!

There's one more special thing this game has in store for us, so let's check it out.

But that doesn't mean this LP is over, so check back next week for the start of some bonus stuff.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh my god, it gives you Kelik. Game redeemed.

not really it still sucks

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

I didn't have it in me to test whether green Kelik still spawns on that final boss level if you bring bonus character Kelik along, but it's definitely fun making him fight himself on the skirmish map. Why. Why does this hack love Kelik so much?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Because he has a gun. Don't you remember that part of tlp?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

What's all this, then?

This is Yune, a universal Fire Emblem randomizer that as of writing can randomize the three GBA Fire Emblem games, Genealogy and Path of Radiance, with some pretty fun results.

And what's this doing in the Sacred War thread?

Well, I've always had some sort of FE randomizer thing on my LP shortlist, and I just figured there's no time like the present, since I probably won't be doing FE related stuff for a while after this thread is done.

So what in particular will this be?

The three of us - Kinu, Icon and I - will all randomize Fire Emblem 7 using the same settings but with different seed phrases. We will then all play our randomized versions at the same time. Hijinx ensue.

Anything particular to know?

Most things I'll go over in the beginning of the first video, but generally speaking, I'm not looking to make some sort of hardcore challenge out of it or anything. So emulator speedup is encouraged, as is using savestates to bypass bullshit. Because, well, we're starting with Lyn mode, and Lyn mode can have some situations that are for all intents and purposes impossible. So while we will let ourselves get hit with the bullshit, I'm not going to require us to suffer through it several times over.

What settings are you using?

Our separate seed phrases are as follows (without quotes).

TheMcD: "I don't know why you believe this killing is your destiny, but I pray that you will someday know peace."
Kinu: "Oh yeah, baby, funk it!"
Icon: (I forgot to ask before making this, will fill in later)

And with that, let's get going.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 7, 2021

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Oh, this should be good.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Oh man, I don't think that glass was doable without save states in the slightest. What a monster.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

This is a neat idea, and it seems like the randomisers are already doing some crazy nonsense. Sounds like fun.

Unfortunately, this format is completely unwatchable for me, trying to follow what's going on in three playthroughs at once (with different randomisers) is just too much and it's giving me something like sensory overload. I hope you all have fun with it, but I'm going to have to get off here.

Edit: I should say thank you for covering Sacred War. This hack is insane, and I'm glad there's now a way for people to see the nonsense without having to play through it. (It does have its moments, though, I can't say I hated all of it. I've said before and will reiterate that I was mostly positive on it until the Tower revisit, in spite of all the questionable design decisions, and it's far from the worst FE8 remix hack I've played.)

FoolyCharged posted:

Because he has a gun. Don't you remember that part of tlp?

I keep forgetting about that, somehow, because he didn't in the version I played.

Explopyro fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 8, 2021

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
don't worry, i'm having fun now with my friend kent. i will have fun for you.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

Some more Lyn mode action. The struggle of trying to separate the wheat from the chaff in player units continues.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

Gaiden requirements are realized, and interesting items are acquired from villages.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

Early promoted enemies can be very bad, as some of us realize here. Thankfully, we do have some weapons on our side as well.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

TheMcD posted:

New video!

Early promoted enemies can be very bad, as some of us realize here. Thankfully, we do have some weapons on our side as well.

I can't wait to get home and see which one of you got loaded with berserker/ assassin bosses.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

We're off to the main story! And immediately we have some mixups occurring. But oh well, nothing we can't live with.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

Our journey continues, and some issues quickly become apparent, as they are wont to do.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Wasn't the entire message of Sacred Stones' dark mages that Dark Magic wasn't really evil but just tends to be misused? Like the whole "using dark magic to see the future and avoid catastrophe" was seen as a major positive?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

Kinu begins having a bad time.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

Kinu continues having a bad time.

In further news, this LP is on hold due to LP curse things. Not sure when the next episode will be done, so I suppose it'll just be "when it's done".

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

We're back!

Kinu still has a bad time, and I do some bard training.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

It seems that just randomly changing around classes for enemy recruitable units close to green units that need to stay alive is a recipe for problems.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

At this point it is becoming clear that one bad RNG roll on specific bosses can really mess things up for us. At least there's an arena!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

Kinu gets into the spirit of playing more maps with Hector mode by getting to a gaiden Icon and I don't end up getting.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

Dragon's Gate has the potential to be a real problem. Will it pan out here?

And with that, we're out of material again. LP curse things and me getting sick have completely derailed plans for a next session, so we're back to "when it's done".

Not that anyone's still watching, but I at least want to finish this.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

There's at least one person enjoying the sheer joy when Kent promoted and having a laugh at, "yeah, you steal it off one of the thieves" -> *pause* -> screen silently resets.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm very sorry TheMcD, but I have no time to watch LP videos anymore, I'm nearly exclusively following screenshot LPs right now. I really enjoyed the first parts of your LP though! :)

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Torrannor posted:

I'm very sorry TheMcD, but I have no time to watch LP videos anymore, I'm nearly exclusively following screenshot LPs right now. I really enjoyed the first parts of your LP though! :)

Yeah, I figured that turning an SSLP into a VLP midway through was a surefire way to turn off like at least half my audience. Oh well, I would've hated myself if I did the postgame the standard way, so I figure it was still worth it. Glad to hear you enjoyed the first half, at least. Maybe that's a perk of the LP now - it's got something for everybody! Maybe.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Eh, it was Christmas.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
I’ve actually just STARTED watching the videos recently after having meant to for months and enjoying them.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

So this is kind of a wet fart to end things on, but I'm here to say that this is officially the end of this LP.

It might've been that the settings weren't well picked on my end and made for a bad experience, but basically, we've decided that we weren't having fun anymore, and with even more tanky bosses in our sight that would require either stupid luck or RNG manipulation, things were just going to get worse. So with that, I've decided that we're calling it. If we're not having fun, then there's no reason to keep going.

So, sorry if somebody was hoping to see the conclusion of this, but I suppose reaching Dragon's Gate is kind of a conclusion. Turns out RNG... sometimes sucks.

-- LET'S PLAY SACRED WAR AND FE7 RANDOMIZED: THE END --

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Fair enough. That's usually how my randomizer runs go. You have fun for a while and then something like pent rolling into a general with no healing items happens, or I just burn out.