Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Sour Diesel posted:

nagy is a moron for using his last timeout to ice the kicker on a 40 yard chip shot instead of saving it for the potential go-ahead drive

I thought that too but the clock was only stopped so they could measure the spot and was about to start again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah the clock was going to run once they started the play clock so he had to take the time out.

Nagy's idiocy is legendary but that one wasn't a bad call. The 65 yard field goal attempt...well that we can talk about whether it was a better chance than a hail mary. There's near zero on either one but I feel like it's slightly farther away from zero with the hail mary.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

yeah it's barely worth debating because neither was going to work. but a 66 yarder at Heinz is extremely not going to work

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
^^The kick was on target. It could have been made Santos just isn't a guy to try it with.

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah the clock was going to run once they started the play clock so he had to take the time out.

Nagy's idiocy is legendary but that one wasn't a bad call. The 65 yard field goal attempt...well that we can talk about whether it was a better chance than a hail mary. There's near zero on either one but I feel like it's slightly farther away from zero with the hail mary.

Plus with a hail mary you could get a potential PI call which is rare but would set you up with a chip shot. You only want to try a FG there if you have one of the great power guys which Santos doesn't seem to be one.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

drat dude, even for an nfl game that's an impressive level of drunk as gently caress

I was hammered when I posted soz

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

Don’t assume things about me big man. I’ve seen 30 Rock

This man knows about the Jim face

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean it was pretty badly reffed, but I think y'all are taking it a little far here people

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I'm impressed that the trampoline was strong enough to withstand the weight of a bear tbh :shobon:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Heinz Field is very kicker-unfriendly; it’s partially exposed and so very windy in a way that reliably knocks a few yards off everyone’s range. The record there is 56 yards.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The field is also a landfill

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Convenient cause the stadium seats are full of garbage.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Steelers have been partially exposed for 12 years but they just won't die :smith:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The Steelers getting the benefit of "bad" reffing!?! :monocle:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd like to explain the above post and its use of quotation marks. what the post is actually saying is that the referee work was good even though everyone's saying it was bad. like this: "bad." but to reiterate: the above is saying it was good instead. keep that in mind in the future whenever it's needed.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Don't listen to Cavauro he's a "good" poster.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Browns own Myles Garrett owns

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sweet thursday posted:

Steelers have been partially exposed for 12 years but they just won't die :smith:

What is dead may never die

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I always write cavoros posts in my journal before bed

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cavauro posted:

i'd like to explain the above post and its use of quotation marks. what the post is actually saying is that the referee work was good even though everyone's saying it was bad. like this: "bad." but to reiterate: the above is saying it was good instead. keep that in mind in the future whenever it's needed.

Wait is this always what quotation marks mean?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Don't know

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

D-LINK posted:

What is dead may never die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Gr3FsJ4A0

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bows1 posted:

DLINK has never posted a 100% good sentence in any post

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Despite how much I hate the Steelers, D-LINK has my support.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that's not true he emptyquoted me the other day

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm on Team D-LINK even though I hate the Steelers

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Good game by Miami's defense, pretty much showed how to stop the Ravens this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gatts posted:

Good game by Miami's defense, pretty much showed how to stop the Ravens this year.

That was one of the best defensive performances this year. It was a sight to behold.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

I mean you can beat any team when not a single player on it plays well. And their gameplan is nonexistent.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Dolphins really played well. I wonder if the humidity got to the Ravens.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

it's week 10 jerks!!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

pasaluki posted:

Dolphins really played well. I wonder if the humidity got to the Ravens.

I think it was the heat.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

always remember kids when the ravens lose it's because they didn't show up

never give the other team credit

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kawalimus was always right.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Intruder posted:

always remember kids when the ravens lose it's because they didn't show up

never give the other team credit

When you run dead screen after dead screen as if they're ever going to work, when your WR fails to track a TD pass, same WR fumbles for a score later in the game, you make calls like a run to Bell on 2nd and 17, making no adjustments to the Dolphins blitzes...yes I put that mostly on the Ravens. It's not making excuses I'm just saying the Dolphins didn't do anything smart or magical that any other team hasn't tried to do already.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AndrewP posted:

it's week 10 jerks!!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

When you run dead screen after dead screen as if they're ever going to work, when your WR fails to track a TD pass, same WR fumbles for a score later in the game, you make calls like a run to Bell on 2nd and 17, making no adjustments to the Dolphins blitzes...yes I put that mostly on the Ravens. It's not making excuses I'm just saying the Dolphins didn't do anything smart or magical that any other team hasn't tried to do already.

I agree lmfao. That was some of the worst playcalling and gameplanning I think I've ever seen. They never attacked the middle of the field - and the dolphins were giving them it. I really don't know what the hell anyone was looking at the whole game.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

They did do something no one else has tried against the Ravens though. They blitzed the absolute gently caress out of Lamar and they didn’t handle it.

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1459035451382194207
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1459092647629447169

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

They did do something no one else has tried against the Ravens though. They blitzed the absolute gently caress out of Lamar and they didn’t handle it.

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1459035451382194207
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1459092647629447169

And again this just wouldn't work against like any other team because they would properly adjust to that. But the Ravens had no clue what to even do. Partially it's because we're a terrible pass blocking team and partially because Lamar sucks against the blitz which I've been saying all year. But there are ways out of that way easier than what we did.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kawalimus posted:

And again this just wouldn't work against like any other team because they would properly adjust to that. But the Ravens had no clue what to even do. Partially it's because we're a terrible pass blocking team and partially because Lamar sucks against the blitz which I've been saying all year. But there are ways out of that way easier than what we did.

Go on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
New thread, closing this

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3984674