Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That was quite the arena in the port level. I imagine the way to get the par time isn't to use the invincibility to kill as much as possible but to ignore as much as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
That seems accurate. I'd never thought about how "par" doesn't also include 100%ing all three categories. just how long it takes to reach the end by powering to the exit (although I don't think that's entirely accurate usage of "par" either, I could be wrong).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

NGDBSS posted:

The term for that article of clothing is A-shirt or (more crudely) a wifebeater.
They're called tons of different names ("singlet" is the one I'm most familiar with) but "sleeveless shirt" (as, I believe, SelenicMartian called it) is the one Wikipedia settled on as the default.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Sleeveless shirts are the general category, but that shirt on the Mancubus is specifically an A-shirt. Over here in the US it's associated with rednecks and muscleheads.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Stronghold feels a little out of place, closer to early levels in everything but monster types.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well with that first level I think its safe to say not being able to use the brightness setting is intentional.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Pictured: not the final boss.

Yay! We've saved everyone. Almost!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Oh wow, the skybox was right out of Monkey Island as well, with the 'evil mountain'.

That was ... something alright. Thanks for showing it off.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
A very nice LP :)

About the Lost Souls infighting: I believe that's because the Doom engine handles melee and hitscan attacks differently than projectile attacks, which is why hitscan enemies can damage enemies of the same type with their attacks and thereby cause infighting, unlike projectile enemies; and Lost Souls are the only enemy that can accidentally hit other enemies with a melee attack because of how their attack frames work.
Additional fun fact: It is in fact possible to get two projectile enemies of the same type to infight (and kill each other if they have a secondary melee attack), by baiting enemy A into hitting a barrel with its projectile so that the barrel's explosion harms enemy B, which gets registered as damage caused by enemy A for some reason.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That final boss fight was kind of bullshit, but otherwise the mod seemed real good. Too bad about the (lack of) lighting, though.

Thanks for showing it off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Geemer posted:

That final boss fight was kind of bullshit, but otherwise the mod seemed real good. Too bad about the (lack of) lighting, though.

Thanks for showing it off!

The (seemingly) one hit kill attack is the sort that kind of goes completely against the normal Doom mode of always be moving. If you don't watch where the cannonballs are going you may just walk into them as easily as they can hit you.

Glad you posted a picture of the spider pirate because most of it was behind a pillar the whole time!