Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ROUND 35 - Arcanuse, Infinity Gaia and Otherkinsey Scale vs Aleena of the Solstice

The warrior saw her daughter. "Aliara?" she asked, before she felt something against her back. Turning around suddenly, she knocked out cold a Goblin with a shattered knife.

"I... what?" she asked, confused at the assassination attempt. The Goblin's knife couldn't penetrate the outermost layer of her aura. A woman rushed to him. "Mother, mother don't attack her, she's his healer."

The woman laid down pretending to heal his wounds, and opened a round contraption. The warrior turned back and ignored her.

"Aliara, Aliara, is that you?"

"That name is gone, mother. It's been gone since we left."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No... you have no Kali. T͏̮̠̤͚͉̟͖͜h̸͙͙̙͕i̬̗͙͔̩s̢͔̯̥ ̮̠͖̦̪̤̼̘į͇̹̭̤̺̰͎̤̜s̡͔̤̺ͅ ̨̱̖͞a̝̜͖n̵͎͍̹͕͇͕͎̱ ̡̦̜̜i҉̺͕̬ļ̘͖̟̤̣͜͞l̨̢̰͕u̲̦̘͘͠s̡͖̜͖͈͓͎͡ͅi̴̢͓̪o̢̹̳̥͓̯͉̘͕n̝͔͚̦̟̘̘͡." She readied her weapon. In a single move she slashed both the Goblin and Dame Gamma, knocking the Demon Core away. The illusion disappeared.

The God of Chaos laughs at this reality. It doesn't need to exist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My daughter, daughter" - the woman drops her weapons and jumps at her daughter, hugging her.

"I'm Aleena now, mother. I'm you."

"I - what do you mean? What happened?"

"You went away, mother. You disappeared, you were deemed dead. What did you think was gonna happen?"

The woman started crying and holding her daughter's face - her haircuit, looking just like hers, her appearance, everything screamed her, like a reflection. "What have they done to you?" she repeated, over and over, seeing her daughter in military armor.

"When you disappeared they had no choice but to make me pass for you. They couldn't lose their hero."

"No, no", the woman shaked her head in despair. "No, not that. We ran away to escape that. Please, tell me this isn't true."

"I'm sorry, mother, but you have to go. The war isn't over."

The warrior looks at the Goblin, knocked down. "Do they think so little of me they'd send this creature to stab me? Do... do you?"

"They didn't know whether you had retained your powers or not. In any case there can't be two of us. Even if the state found an excuse to accept that, our presence together is unstable. You are unstable."

The warrior backs off, sobbing. "Daughter, what have they done to you... I - I won't fight you. I can't fight you."

"Even if you win, this entire place has been poisoned. You would do well to concede. Killing the 'healer' would do you no good."

The warrior looks at Dame Gamma, and notices the contraption she's carrying. "Radiation", she mutters. "You would do this against your own mother? You are also here, why would... why would you expose yourself? You can't... you can't heal this. It will only turn to tumors. Aliara, what..."

She seems confused at the entire setup, unable to put her feelings into words. "I only woke up recently", she says. "What happened?"

"If you accept defeat and run to the east, as far east as you can, my contact will heal you with Time Magic. There's no regeneration component involved. I can heal myself. But you must go now, mother, as far away as you can. Leave this place behind. Admit defeat, and exile, and I'll tell them you're dead."

The woman looks conflicted. She cries some more over her daughter. "I thought I'd never see you again, and now you're so cold. Cold as your sisters, our sisters, our... the life we left behind."

Her daughter hugs her. "I had to be cold to live. I'm sorry. Someday you'll hear about us and you'll understand. Someday the war will be over."

She takes her equipment and leaves. She looks back one last time to ask for her daugher not to forget her, and to look out for her. While Dame Gamma and the Goblin would not survive more than a week, she would die of radiation-related issues a few years later.

ARCANUSE, INFINITY GAIA, OTHERKINSEY SCALE WIN

Arcanuse wins 500 Exp (Collapsed Reality to a Victory vs Aleena of the Solstice)
Infinity Gaia wins 500 Exp (Collapsed Reality to a Victory vs Aleena of the Solstice)
Otherkinsey Scale wins 500 Exp (Collapsed Reality to a Victory vs Aleena of the Solstice)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Xaos

"...Some post-commentary? I'd rather-"
"..."
"Contractual obligations. Fine."

Xaos_rant, morose. posted:

"All things must fall."
"This is a multiversal truth, and an absolute lie."
"Something impossible, yet simply is despite itself."
"Except, of course, all the times it isn't."
"An intrinsic contradiction where something is (isn't) precisely because it isn't (is)."
"That's a true nature of infinity, you see."
"Predestination? Free will? A very, very cruel joke."
"Whether the path is chosen or the path chooses you, you will always do what you were always going to do."
"If not by a path paved by destiny, then a certainty defined by quantity."
"All things in all configurations, subsuming exceptions into itself."
"Ouroborous is a very apt symbol indeed."
"..."
"I can empathize, you know. Losing family."
"Yes, even I, a former god of chaos, had kith and kin once."
"Myriad monstrosities, yet loved all the same."
"Rarely by those who received their company, but I digress."
"One in particular was lost, and however many universes collapse it seems they won't be whole again."
"Does this change things? No."
"I did what I did, and would do so again and again and again, as long as it needed done."
"And if the roles were reversed, well."
"I would take what comfort I can get in this damned wheel of wheels, real or not."
"...Still, I wouldn't say no to a rematch sometime."
"A dirty victory is still a victory, but what's the point when it involves the same old trick every time?"
"Besides, I might learn something from actually having to fight instead of collapsing my problems away."
"Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go repair my [cheery facade]."

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hmm. Maybe picking a god rather than essentially a joke character would have been a good call. Oh well, got a load of exp from being carried, can't complain. The random encounter rate in this area is growing at a staggering rate!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your character is weak but this game is an accidental social experiment. You got picked 3 times other than yourself for the marks. I think what you bring to the table matters more than raw strength.

Also Arcanuse's didn't win just because he was a god - his strategy was really good and his character rolls a 1d6 for attack/dmg/exp every battle to add for the chaotic theme. He rolled a 5 for atk so I let his clever scenario play out.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I was just kidding anyhow, not really complaining. Sorry if it came across that way! Game's great!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ROUND 36 - Infinity Gaia, Chaosfeather, Swedish Thaumocracy vs Ellen

Unknown posted:

The ZiG fighter was found crashed on the Tenace Isle; parts of it were found scattered across a range of 5 to 7 miles leading directly to the Woods of Anygresil, an area currently owned by █████████████.

Detailed analysis of the Hull showed that it had received two breaches prior to whatever caused the ship to malfunction. The first hole was surrounded by blood and led directly to the guests' quarters. In it, the ███████ as well as body parts of a ██████ were found. The damage was severe, and ███ ████████ ███ ████████ ██ ██ ████ ██ ██████. Another ██████ was found in corridor A5-2B, with third degree burns over their body and a smashed cranium. █ █████ ██ █████████ ███ █████ █████ ██ ██.

Although the bridge was empty, a team of experts stated that the ship had been linked directly to an AI system and had no human pilot. Despite this, several humanoid-like constructs were found across the ship, all suffering from heavy blunt damage and burns, with the exception of one construct near the reactor that had died from an arrow wound. These entities seem to mix bioengineering with cybernetic apparatuses, and whether they're classified as organisms or bio-aided androids is still up for debate.

A woman of tanned complexion was found near the reactor, along with the dead construct. Most of her body was missing, and what was left of it had visible bite marks.

Another woman of pale complexion was found hiding in one of the ventilation shafts leading away from the engine control room. It's believed she died of blood loss. She had five broken ribs; blunt force trauma on her head; several cuts over her body (believed to be from █████████ ████ ███ ████); a few bullet marks that match the bullets from the system's automated defense system - none of which penetrated her skin; and bite marks on her upper left leg. Both her right leg and her lower left leg were missing, leaving the pool of blood believed to be responsible for her death.

In the engine room █ █████ ██ ███ ███████ ████████ █ ████ ██████ ████ ███ ████ ███ █████. ███ █████ ███████ ██ █████ ███ ██ ███ ██████████ ███ ████████ ██ ███ █████.

[EXPUNGED]

Please refer to Video Footage #15 and #16 and follow the guidelines on cleaning up these documents. The last thing we want is a global panic if these fall in the wrong hands.

INFINITY GAIA, CHAOSFEATHER, SWEDISH THAUMOCRACY WIN

Infinity Gaia wins 106 Exp (Victory vs Ellen)
Chaosfeather wins 106 Exp (Victory vs Ellen)
Swedish Thaumocracy wins 106 Exp (Victory vs Ellen)

Elentor fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Well, that worked! Whatever it is we did! Good job and/or let's never mention this again, team!