Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Start making a mental list of people to sue over this. While running to the river, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
Serves that hippie right. Gotta follow the river!

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Run alongside the river

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Situation

Feeling a bit safer after some distance between you and the raptor, you trudge through the jungle toward the river, making a mental list of people to sue over this.

Hammond, Wu, InGen, the Costa Rican government—

You stop, dead in your tracks. To your left you see Burt and Dina in the distance, trying to figure out how to cross the river. And between you and them, you see the velociraptor, slowly stalking toward them.

You glance to your right, where you see a break in the river, just beyond the bend. The rapids look easily crossable.

And then you realize. If the raptor's here, then it might just be safe to go back to the Jeep...

What do you do?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
The others are expendable, we aren’t. We don’t have proficiency in wilderness survival, we make snappy dumb decisions… back to the jeep.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Who’s to say there’s only one raptor? Cross the rapids.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Yell to your pals like an idiot

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Surely Burt and Dina wouldn't have abandoned the Jeep without a good reason...

...but that reason might have been "We don't have the keys". We, however, do.

To the jeep!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Calm yourself down by thinking about how good you will look in the interviews while you're suing all the people who owe you, and then run back to the jeep

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Watch the raptor eat the nerds. We didn't get a good look at the lawyer being gobbled, after all.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
There's never just one raptor. Surely you learned that on orientation.

Lie to yourself and say you're going to go get the jeep so you can rescue them.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Cross the rapids.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Yes yes yes

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

AI image generation has come a long way since 1.25 years ago, time to reboot this thread?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Please do, this seems fun.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What good timing. I will absolutely be rebooting this thread in an elaborate way very soon. I have been working on an extensive project that is moments away from the finish line. Stay tuned!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
After that tease, I'm back! So I began this thread because I was experimenting with using AI-assisted imagery for a project that I had been tinkering on for a while. And now that project is complete! It's exactly what this thread is about : a survival roleplaying game set on the island of Isla Nublar set during the events of the first Jurassic Park film.

Here's the Jurassic Park: Edge of Chaos itch.io page where you can download all of the associated materials yourself to peruse or play on your own time. And here's a backup Google Drive link in case that gets taken down. Get 'em while they're hot.

A preview of some of the gameplay possibilities that await:

And much much more. I would love if you took the time to check it out and share it with anyone you think might be relevant, I think there's a lot to love in there just from a lore and worldbuilding perspective.

With that being said! Let's pick up where we left off.

The Situation

"gently caress 'em!" You think, taking off back through the jungle. "They're food. I'm getting to that Jeep."

As your feet splash through the mud your eyes scan the dark jungle, trying to remember—is this the way you came from? Are you veering too far to the left? Is that the same tree from before?

You start to fear that you're hopelessly lost when you burst through the clearing.

The facility is right where you thought it would be, and the Jeep is still there, waiting. But immediately another wave of terror hits you—do you even have the keys? You desperately pat your pockets.

"Oh thank Christ," you say, panting a huge sigh of relief.

And then it hits you all at once. The escaped dinosaurs, the hunted guests, the sheer terror. As you take a step toward the car, you feel yourself keel over, a piercing pain ripping through your stomach.

You're not sure if it's the nerves finally catching up with you, or if you've suddenly been hit with some tropical illness, but you feel like you can barely move. You writhe in pain as you consider what to do next. Take shelter inside the bunker? Try to drive the car in this state? Get in the car and wait to see if the others return?

What do you do?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 18, 2024

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Welcome back!

Check the car for medicine and other loot first off. If search is negative, check the bunker for similar items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

can we get a map of things in driving range? or just a rough estimate?