Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

helopticor posted:

Also, GBS.FM has twice as many mods as GBS and like 1/20th or less of the users to wrangle, do you guys have enough to do?

Mod duties are not just dealing with user issues, a lot of is to do with retagging songs (not just those that are reported).
Only the most OCD about correct tagging get to be a mod!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franko
Apr 25, 2007
Is it ok to upload sombody doing a terrible cover of Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Band recorded while his muso mates were on a break from the studio? Or would you prefer actual music?

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Franko posted:

Is it ok to upload sombody doing a terrible cover of Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Band recorded while his muso mates were on a break from the studio? Or would you prefer actual music?

Given the amount of Christian Weston Chandler on the station...

We'll probably hate you for it, but we won't stop you.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
Site and stream are back and working after a (very) brief interruption!

http://gbs.fm:8080/listen.pls

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Franko posted:

I love horrible musical tragedies, so please do.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Franko posted:

I've been slowly slagging us through a Final Fantasy 7 themed fan-made musical, so YES!

leebenningfield
Dec 11, 2004

This is Leviathan? This is your fucking guy?

A Pinball Wizard posted:

39th :smug:

Apparently I'm 27th. But that's probably because I sniped a whole bunch of orphaned songs way back when.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

helopticor posted:

Hooray! Those two always seemed like stand up people.

Also, GBS.FM has twice as many mods as GBS and like 1/20th or less of the users to wrangle, do you guys have enough to do?

I just went back in time and skipped that Linkin park song. What a twist! :haw:

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Keru posted:

I love horrible musical tragedies, so please do.
I have plenty of those! I love them because they had good ideas in there, but I didn't know what I was doing when I was recording them so they came out a bit rough.

I've got better with my newer stuff though, well, I think so.

Doctor Zero posted:

I just went back in time and skipped that Linkin park song. What a twist! :haw:

:argh:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

trouser chili posted:

I've been slowly slagging us through a Final Fantasy 7 themed fan-made musical, so YES!

I want to thank you for that. It honestly was amusing and a ton of fun. Frankly, you can never have enough.

And I don't think I'll ever get tired of the anger that country music arouses. It seems like anything that has a hint of twang in it and sung with a southern accent just makes people filled with hate. It's hilarious how much someone can hate something that is very similar to the music they listen to.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Cemetry Gator posted:

I want to thank you for that. It honestly was amusing and a ton of fun. Frankly, you can never have enough.

And I don't think I'll ever get tired of the anger that country music arouses. It seems like anything that has a hint of twang in it and sung with a southern accent just makes people filled with hate. It's hilarious how much someone can hate something that is very similar to the music they listen to.

Well get ready then, cause in 20 minutes we've got another FF7 home-made musical number queued up. And 12 minutes after that we've got Trade Martin's "We've Got to Stop the Mosque at Ground Zero". It's a wonderful country number singing about tolerance and acceptance of other cultures.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

DaWolfey posted:

Only the most OCD about correct tagging get to be a mod!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I had to take advantage of the fact that the song I could queue yesterday would play between 11:00 PM and 2:00 AM in the states. I hope you all enjoyed Hamburger Lady.

Fistgrrl
Dec 30, 2000

Queen of Cuddlenaps

pill for your ills posted:

Woo! 79th most popular uploader! Take that, PreciousRoy. Sucker!

e: VVV ELTONNNNN!!!

I'm not sure I agree with the methodology. :colbert:

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
Turns out I'm the biggest adder. Helps that I work at home and regularly took advantage of the two-track era.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

God, I have a feeling that whatever we do, DON'T let any mod play 'bb2.mp3'. :ohdear:

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

With "Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!" on the playlist it gave me a thought.

At some point we really need to queue up:

"Boom! Shake The Room" by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
"Boom Boom" (I don't know any songs called this, but I found a couple in search)
"Boom Boom Boom" by The Outhere Brothers
"Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!" by Vengaboys

or some/all of the other "Boom" songs (just search to see how many there are)

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007

Jibo posted:

I had to take advantage of the fact that the song I could queue yesterday would play between 11:00 PM and 2:00 AM in the states. I hope you all enjoyed Hamburger Lady.

Thank you so much, this station needs more Throbbing Gristle.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

With "Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!" on the playlist it gave me a thought.

Make it happen! Just pop on to irc (or however you want to do it, but IRC is easy) and coerce some people into making a block with you!

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
One of my favorite things about the site is adding dongs to the playlist and watching the reviews and comments fellow goons leave. Problem is, I forgot what song I added last night. Is there any way to see the last few songs you personally queued up on the playlist?

I still hate all of you who downranked Sam Cooke's medley. :3:

e;fixed for correct pronunciation of "dong".

Methodis fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 26, 2010

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Methodis posted:

Is there any way to see the last few songs you personally queued up on the playlist?

http://gbs.fm/upload

Plus you can see everything you've uploaded from the "User Page" on the side.

Edit: oh "queued", sorry I don't know

Test Pilot Monkey fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 26, 2010

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Plus you can see everything you've uploaded from the "User Page" on the side.

I meant more along songs you added to the playlist from "Search", not ones you uploaded, but this works too. Thanks.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

That shows you what you uploaded, not what you queued.

There is no way to get a list of what you added, but we're working on an update with some stats and things, we'll try and get it into that.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

"Boom Boom" (I don't know any songs called this, but I found a couple in search)

You don't know Boom Boom from John Lee Hooker?

Ok, I've uploaded the version from the Blues Brothers Soundtrack. It's pretty rare and hard to find the complete version of this dong, and I think it's one of the best performances of Boom Boom.

It's here: http://gbs.fm/song/157073

Someone add it, I'm too busy forcing everyone to listen to Frollo.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 26, 2010

pill for your ills
Mar 23, 2006

ghost rock.

trouser chili posted:

You don't know Boom Boom from John Lee Hooker?

Ok, I've uploaded the version from the Blues Brothers Soundtrack. It's pretty rare and hard to find the complete version of this dong, and I think it's one of the best performances of Boom Boom.

It's here: http://gbs.fm/song/157073

Someone add it, I'm too busy forcing everyone to listen to Frollo.

Dammit man! I was on the way to uploading that today. Mine's even got the banter with his band tacked on the end too. :dong:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

pill for your ills posted:

Dammit man! I was on the way to uploading that today. Mine's even got the banter with his band tacked on the end too. :dong:

It's on there, where they argue over who wrote the song. Yeah, it's there.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Maybe it'd be more fitting for a Boom medley on some kind of fireworks night.

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

Methodis posted:

Is there any way to see the last few songs you personally queued up on the playlist?
2010-08-19 05:15:03 Talking Heads - Papa Legba
2010-08-20 00:49:48 Caravan - Golf Girl
2010-08-21 01:19:41 Sam Cooke - Cupid
2010-08-22 00:50:35 Cornelius - Mic Check
2010-08-22 17:20:23 Sam Cooke - Medley: It's All Right / For Sentimental Reasons
2010-08-22 21:30:32 Ian Pooley - Coração Tambor (feat. Rosanna & Zélia)
2010-08-23 04:34:49 Childish Gambino - Put It In My Video
2010-08-23 16:17:47 Tinariwen - Cler Achel
2010-08-24 00:26:12 The Specials - Too Much Too Young
2010-08-24 21:40:41 Cornelius - The Micro Disneycal World Tour
2010-08-26 00:28:37 Lemon Demon - BRODYQUEST

(pulled directly from the database, otherwise not possible)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That would be an excellent thing to display on each user's user page. So I can click on a user and see the evidence right there of how bad a song-picker they really are.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Wow, Brodyquest. What was I thinking?

Thanks though. I appreciate it alot.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Peachstapler posted:

Woot :hf:

Just upped "Boom Boom" by Trio.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 27, 2010

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls

Industrial-Heavy edition of PULSE, coming up in 20 minutes. BE THERE YOU RIVETHEAD MOTHERFUCKERS.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
What's the highest rated dong by goons? Anyway to check from just the site or do you have to do Database stuff?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Peachstapler posted:

God drat. I know I topped the list for some length of time before you overtook me (and Jorm). I spent months climbing that list, too. :argh:

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
Any requests?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Leperflesh posted:

That would be an excellent thing to display on each user's user page. So I can click on a user and see the evidence right there of how bad a song-picker they really are.

The old GBS-FM had some userstats that showed what artist he upvoted most (favorite artist) and which he downvoted most (least favorite artist). I think my least fav was Costes. :shobon:

CaptainKirkCameron
Jan 15, 2010
Well I just opened the file for the first time and Chuggo was playing... my life is complete for the time being.

Thanks GBS-FM!

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

Methodis posted:

What's the highest rated dong by goons? Anyway to check from just the site or do you have to do Database stuff?

Again, not yet, however ultra_inquisitor has been working on compiling stats for the last week or so so when he does add the update to the site, a lot of things like this will be there.

If you want to double check on a certain stat just pop into IRC and ask him, the only problem you'll have is finding him. At the moment he's called newsomnuke in IRC and JoannaNewsomsLunarFortress on the site. Although these seem to change almost daily. In the interim he might consider doing a DB enquiry to satiate your curiosity.

Obviously we're not going to have all the stats we used to have on the first site straight away, but hopefully we'll get all/most back in fairly short order.

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
So are you guys all in the IRC at the moment?

I can't get any response out of irc.buttes.org today, mIRC cycled through all 99 retries and got nothing.

I'm locked out! :( :(

EDIT - It suddenly let me in!

vvvv moh moh moh

Buml0r fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Aug 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Buml0r posted:

So are you guys all in the IRC at the moment?

I can't get any response out of irc.buttes.org today, mIRC cycled through all 99 retries and got nothing.

I'm locked out! :( :(

...nobody told you?

You were banned, sorry dude. :smith:

Nah just kidding

• Locked thread