Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
papataz
Mar 29, 2010
Okay, I'm looking for two sites:

- The first one had photos of a bunch of celebrity lookalikes doing stuff you wouldn't expect them (i.e. celebrities) to do. The one I remember had "Bill Gates" listening to an iPod.

- Second one was about a project done in Canada, I think. The artist took photos of young people in a big city. Those people believed that they all had unique fashion styles, while in fact they were not unique at all - each person had at least a dozen of "doubles" whose pictures were taken in that same city. On the site, those pictures were arranged in neat, search-able groups.

Hope these descriptions make sense, and that someone knows what I'm talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

papataz posted:

Okay, I'm looking for two sites:

- The first one had photos of a bunch of celebrity lookalikes doing stuff you wouldn't expect them (i.e. celebrities) to do. The one I remember had "Bill Gates" listening to an iPod.

Alison Jackson is the artist you're after: http://www.mbart.com/exhibitions/_1/_img/

Bonus George Bush content:

Good luck with the second one - now I want to see it.

papataz
Mar 29, 2010
That's exactly it! Thank you!

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
I'm looking for a cartoon show from the 90's that I'm sure wasn't very popular or had a long run. It featured 3 heroines (maybe princesses) that had crystals that they used to transform them or activate some sort of ability. (one red, blue, and yellow iirc) The main villain was a witch with a similar crystal that could challenge their combined power. I have included a rough sketch of what I remember.

Evil witch's crystal

slightpirate fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 6, 2010

papataz
Mar 29, 2010
Ooooh, oooh, I know this one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Gwenevere_and_the_Jewel_Riders

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
HOT drat

You're the best! Seriously! I knew it had something to do with the King Arthur legends and such, but I thought maybe I was confusing it with King Arthur and the Knights of Justice.

SuperSlacker
Mar 11, 2007

Okay, I'm looking for an old 4-chan meme (I know, I know) based on a video of a Japanese man who is talking to a Japanese woman and suddenly crumples a piece of paper. There was a series of comics where one character would show another character an item and proceed to crumple it in their hand. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

SuperSlacker posted:

Okay, I'm looking for an old 4-chan meme (I know, I know) based on a video of a Japanese man who is talking to a Japanese woman and suddenly crumples a piece of paper. There was a series of comics where one character would show another character an item and proceed to crumple it in their hand. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

:nws: for Encyclopedia Dramatica link. Card Crusher/Zoomjap.

SuperSlacker
Mar 11, 2007

That's it. thanks!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
There was an old flash animation of a nerd talking about how he's going to p0wn some n00bs in Counterstrike and when he gets online some guy starts headshotting him and he gets all made and ragey. It was definitely a flash animation and the rage was pretty drat funny. I had it saved but lost in a HDD crash and wanted to show it to my son, who is finally old enough to understand most of the words the guy is using.

Edit: It was done by a goon and linked here, and has nothing to do with "Pwning the N00bs" video that is the only thing I can find.

Double edit: I just found it. http://www.desivideonetwork.com/view/3j2j46y16/owned-cs-noob/

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 8, 2010

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

There was a flash animation from several years ago where a kid doing shrooms has a leaky pipe. He calls "Mario Bros." plumbing services and while the plumber is working, he force feeds him a magic mushroom. At the end, the kid kills the plumber. Anyone got any clue?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

DerekSmartymans posted:

Double edit: I just found it. http://www.desivideonetwork.com/view/3j2j46y16/owned-cs-noob/

You can find the flash version on pwned.nl.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

m2pt5 posted:

You can find the flash version on pwned.nl.

Even better...thanks!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I just remembered TheSpark.com, which I used to read back in the day before I discovered SA. Sadly, it was sold to Barnes and Noble and they shut it down.

If you remember things like The Stinky Meat project, or The Fat Project where a couple of people efforted to gain 30 lbs in 30 days, then here you go
http://web.archive.org/web/20010330123058/www.thespark.com/content/sparkive/sparkive.html

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!
Posted in the SA thread but no response.. anyway does anyone have the link to that lovely riced up car forum, where some gangsta wannabe posted heaps of photos of his cars, as well as his girlfriend standing next to them (she looked like some emaciated asian junkie hooker on valium)..

I think one of the comments was "Nice ride.. shame bout the bitch"

Could have been an ALOD or weekend web at some point

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Looking for a video from a few years ago. It was from a FPS, but not sure which one. Someone using the screen name "worldsbiggestfaggot" or something similar tormenting one player by constantly getting in the way and blocking him.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

piss explosion posted:

Posted in the SA thread but no response.. anyway does anyone have the link to that lovely riced up car forum, where some gangsta wannabe posted heaps of photos of his cars, as well as his girlfriend standing next to them (she looked like some emaciated asian junkie hooker on valium)..

I think one of the comments was "Nice ride.. shame bout the bitch"

Could have been an ALOD or weekend web at some point
Gunt McBadpost actually linked you this in the other thread: http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Ellie (maybe nws)

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Been spending some time just trying to find an appropriate thread to ask this request, but I think this may be the droid I'm looking for.

Last year there was a cool little website that played various streaming Christmas specials from the 70s and 80s...cartoons, the Perfect Strangers Christmas episode, etc. It looked like a tv and you could switch to different "channels" playing different shows. They had the loving Pac Man cartoon holiday special and everything.

Is this dead? Is it back? Cause I'm jonesin for it right about now! My inability to find it via Google makes me believe it's either dead or not up this year, but it could just be an underground thing.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!

Astroman posted:

Been spending some time just trying to find an appropriate thread to ask this request, but I think this may be the droid I'm looking for.

Last year there was a cool little website that played various streaming Christmas specials from the 70s and 80s...cartoons, the Perfect Strangers Christmas episode, etc. It looked like a tv and you could switch to different "channels" playing different shows. They had the loving Pac Man cartoon holiday special and everything.

Is this dead? Is it back? Cause I'm jonesin for it right about now! My inability to find it via Google makes me believe it's either dead or not up this year, but it could just be an underground thing.

http://betamaxmas.com/

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Years ago I saw a flash animation of Mario's adventures. It was in parts and actually rather dramatically done. I'd just reached chapter 3 or 4 (all there was at the time) and I think Luigi had just died, but the mushroom people were bravely trying to resist Bowser. Christ, I can't believe I just typed that. It was done in 2d, looking like an in game cut scene...but in 2d.

The other was a short film that looked like someone had thrown Killzone at Avalon and they'd stuck. It was an urban battle, with everyone wearing gas masks or hoods. It was home made (amateur made? not sure what term to use) and a very high body count.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

Years ago I saw a flash animation of Mario's adventures. It was in parts and actually rather dramatically done. I'd just reached chapter 3 or 4 (all there was at the time) and I think Luigi had just died, but the mushroom people were bravely trying to resist Bowser. Christ, I can't believe I just typed that. It was done in 2d, looking like an in game cut scene...but in 2d.

Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Treytor posted:

http://betamaxmas.com/

You rock!

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Back in 03-04, I stumbled upon a trailer of for a movie on a European website (Dutch, Finnish maybe?). The trailer was professionally shot and had some eerie metal type music playing and then Nazi zombies slowly crawling and walking from the ocean onto the beach. Searching has led me to a euro zombie film called Dead Snow, and that very well could be it, but the trailer I saw had nothing to do with what I know of Dead Snow. Any help on finding the trailer or name of the movie?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Bloopsy posted:

Back in 03-04, I stumbled upon a trailer of for a movie on a European website (Dutch, Finnish maybe?). The trailer was professionally shot and had some eerie metal type music playing and then Nazi zombies slowly crawling and walking from the ocean onto the beach. Searching has led me to a euro zombie film called Dead Snow, and that very well could be it, but the trailer I saw had nothing to do with what I know of Dead Snow. Any help on finding the trailer or name of the movie?

WOW, thank you for remembering this. I am now seconding this request, because I remember this preview as well, and was really excited about it at the time.

I want to say, and this could be entirely wrong, that one of the reasons I was so excited about it is because it claimed some big name was involved either in producing or even directing it. I will not give any names, lest somebody else half-remember me being right about it and then fly off into wild goose chase land. But I feel like it was 2004, as I am pretty sure I watched it on an awful dial-up connection in my dorm in England. The fact that the preview took 30 minutes to load made it all the more exciting.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I will post my requests again, since they have probably been lost to this crazy thread at this point...

Two requests:

1. Episodes of American Suck Countdown from 2000-2002. These were on Heavy.com and were awesome... for reference, it was around the same time that Stella had a series on Heavy.com as well.

2. Old flash video called Journey: A Tribute to Freedom, also from around 2001. Featured the song "Don't Stop Believin'" and a cornucopia of terrible flash animation tricks and pixelated JPGs.

Thanks!

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

zenintrude posted:

2. Old flash video called Journey: A Tribute to Freedom, also from around 2001. Featured the song "Don't Stop Believin'" and a cornucopia of terrible flash animation tricks and pixelated JPGs.

Thanks!

Is this it?

http://www.fugly.com/flash/8/dontstopbelievin.html

Edit: Im a moron

21stCentury fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 10, 2010

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

21stCentury posted:

Is this it?

There is no link!

[edit] Oh gently caress me, you've loving done it! I could kiss you right now, but you know...

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

zenintrude posted:

There is no link!

[edit] Oh gently caress me, you've loving done it! I could kiss you right now, but you know...

It might not be the right one. I remember a similar flash video that was sillier, with terrible drawings and a funky moose.

thomashay
Jan 15, 2005
Multi-Racial Punks Must Pay
I don't know if anybody remembers this, but it was on SA several years ago.

I think it was a cereal box photoshop, but basically two guys, one going down on another, both kinda dressed as santa. Not a real picture. Text in picture was something to the effect of "So fu#king Gay".

Been bothering me for some time

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I can't find that thing where that dude was living under a house/in a basement (I can't remember which) and there were dead mice and mcdonalds everywhere. You guys know what I'm talking about. Help?

E: VVVV I -knew- it was called Goon Cave. Yay, I was right! I SAclopedia'd it and couldn't find it. But yeah, I'm trying to find that one.

E2: I can't even find anything beyond this one picture. I've searched everything I can think of. :(

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 11, 2010

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I can't find that thing where that dude was living under a house/in a basement (I can't remember which) and there were dead mice and mcdonalds everywhere. You guys know what I'm talking about. Help?

It's not the infamous Goon Cave?

Not sure where the other pictures are but I vaguely recall it was someone living with his parents in their basement.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

^^^ Can someone explain the origins of that picture to me? Every time I see it, it blows my loving mind. ^^^

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

zenintrude posted:

^^^ Can someone explain the origins of that picture to me? Every time I see it, it blows my loving mind. ^^^

I think it came from some "post photos of your room", the photos state they were created in 2005.
I found two more.

Also I think it's possibly in an attic.

BogDew fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Dec 11, 2010

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Bloopsy posted:

Worst Case Scenario

It's on hiatus though as they ran out of funding.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

WebDog posted:

I think it came from some "post photos of your room", the photos state they were created in 2005.
I found two more.

Also I think it's possibly in an attic.

Well I found the off-site picture store http://www.omgwallhack.org/media/img/joe/hovel/ . Still trying to find that drat thread, though.

E: VVVVV According to the FYAD thread it was just a rumor circa 2007 and Bungmonkey's account just posted a few months ago.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 12, 2010

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
The guy that lived in the gooncave ended up killing himself IIRC. But can you blame him?

Zeal Palace
Jun 3, 2010

Hydrogen Oxide posted:

The guy that lived in the gooncave ended up killing himself IIRC. But can you blame him?

That is sad. What is worse is I think a lot of us here could have easily ended up that way too.

I had a friend in college who was approaching the "goon cave" scenario. It is a sad way to go.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Well I found the off-site picture store http://www.omgwallhack.org/media/img/joe/hovel/ . Still trying to find that drat thread, though.

The thread itself is actually on the lower right monitor here.

Pity I can't seem to throw the phrase "Let's see some disgusting rooms" into an archives search.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Just after reading a thread in TCC about brushes with deaths and it reminded me of a thread. It was from earlier this year or late last in E/N by a student who was partying on mephedrone the whole time and was paranoid that his friends were plotting against him. I'm curious if anyone remembers it cause I'd like to know how that turned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I read a funny story a while back about time travel. It was written in a message board-type style.

People kept going back in time and killing Hitler and bragging about it on the boards, and others would have to go back even further to stop them from changing events.

Any clues?

• Locked thread