Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I learned from a pro!

Since we're both on Rubix 1.9.7, how has that overclocker app worked for you? Has it improved or hindered your battery life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
My battery will last over 2 days with normal use, but I charge it every night, so no telling. I'd used Milestone Overclock in the past, but QuickClock is much nicer. It appears to only undervolt at the 300MHz setting, which is what the phone is probably running at the majority of the time. I've never really had problems with anything being slow at 1GHz, but since it runs faster at the same voltage, I went ahead and let it do that. It's not really noticeable unless you run Quadrant or something like that.

mea gulpa
May 25, 2006

yamdankee posted:

While we're on the subject, if you're looking to install a ROM, Rubix 1.9.7 is the lastest, fastest, and most stable and versatile ROM for the X in my opinion and I'm sure some others will agree.

If you haven't tried Liberty 1.5, you should.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Ok so I want to upgrade my Incredible to Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 and figured that I can use this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=897612

However, I honestly haven't done much research into it but know that it will convert the internal storage to EXT4, so am I safe to assume that emmc won't be readable by Windows?

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
Anyone still interested in getting Arabic on their Desire Z should try the RUU 1.82 rom that popped up, it is an Arabic build and after I flashed it I had full Arabic localization with shaping and RTL.

You'll need to debrand the phone before flashing to avoid bricking it.

teamdest
Jul 1, 2007

travisray2004 posted:

Ok so I want to upgrade my Incredible to Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 and figured that I can use this:

However, I honestly haven't done much research into it but know that it will convert the internal storage to EXT4, so am I safe to assume that emmc won't be readable by Windows?

Just putting this out there the Epic 4G is a COMPLETELY different phone than the Inc/Evo and none of those instructions seem familiar to anything I've done on my Inc.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Here's a weird problem: I installed Rubix Focused 1.9.0 on my wife's Droid 2 and everything went find except the physical keyboard keys are not inputting the right character. Most of the alphabet works but if I try to type an 8 I get a weird character. So the keyboard file is messed up or something.

I'd imagine this can be fixed by installing a new keyboard or something? Anyone have any ideas?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

travisray2004 posted:

Yeah, the other dude who replied to you is on to something. That thread you linked is for a totally different device by a totally different manufacturer on a totally different cell network. The best possible outcome you could end up with would be it not working, and you run the risk of screwing something up badly. At the very least wait until someone hacks it onto the Inc rather than just grabbing random packages and trying to install them.

Why do you want to upgrade CWM Recovery anyway?

Iananan
May 3, 2007

Portrait of the Artist as a Grump
surely the only reason you're using CWM recovery over an Amon_RA one is for rom manager, yes? if you have rom manager, just use that to upgrade your recovery image, it's what it's there for.

MrBishi
Sep 11, 2001

My pupil goes to 11!
IIRC the 3.x versions of CWM use a completely different scripting system for package installation and there isn't any support for the older, more widely used one.

Stick with the latest 2.x unless you've got a very specific need for the newer one.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

yamdankee posted:

It was really that simple. Don't worry, z4 is not going to brick your phone. Down the line if virtually anything goes that bad, you can always SBF (bringing your phone back to stock) no matter really what happens.

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Z4root is amazingly easy. You install it, run it and then tap the button and wait a bit. You can also un-root. If you're going to install custom "ROMs" on your X, don't use ROM manager as it's horribly unreliable. Get Droid X Bootstrapper and load the ROM directly through Clockwork Recovery after copying the zip to your SD card.

Wow, you all were right. It really was that easy. I loaded up Z4 and hit the root button. I walked away from the phone to feed my dogs, came back to a fully rooted phone. Nice!

I have Titanium Backup backing up all my accounts and apps now. Later on, I'll have to start trying out ROMs. I'm just so thrilled to be able to run all those apps that require root access.

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.
im having real trouble re-partitoning my sd card. I had it set to swap 100mb for miui but now I cannot get rid of it, when I try to partition with rom manager it boots recovery then I just get the following error log:

clockwork mod recovery v2.5.0.7
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E:failed to seek in /cache/update.zip (invalid argument)
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted

Now I find this pretty weird, it almost seems to think I'm trying to update clockwork recovery or something when I'm just trying to partition the card. I've run a check disk on the card, but only with windows so only the fat32 would have been checked.

Any suggestions? Is it worth even trying to get rid of the swap file? I've been having trouble with my phone slowing down when it tries to do anything sd card related and as all my apps are installed to sd that's quite a lot. Also my battery life is horrific, which I am assuming is related.

Crossbar
Jun 16, 2002
Chronic Lurker

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

My battery will last over 2 days with normal use, but I charge it every night, so no telling.
I really wish I could figure out how you get such great battery life. I'm on rubix and have underclocked and undervolted. I'm at about 30-40% battery after about 14 hours with light use. Not bad, but I'd like to get more. Nothing pops out as a power hog when I check the battery stats or spare parts.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I feel like a total tard but I'm having a lot of trouble finding MIUI for Evo. I stumbled into some thread on xda, where a guy had a signature with his latest Rom. Is this what I should be using?

http://miui-dev.com/forums/showthread.php?2053-UPDATE-New-Official-Release-Thread-%28Stock-CM-Mod-Manup-Mod%29-1.1.28

And while we're at it, does anyone have a link to CM7 with 4G support handy? I just looked at the 4G map someone linked a couple pages back and it looks like there is 4G here. I thought the closest was Orlando, then someone told me Ft Lauderdale Beach was teh closest. Turns out its here the whole drat time in Cutler Bay. Too bad I found out just in time to move to a place with no 4G. Found this, but I'm not sure if its the only 4G CM7 or just one that someone put all sorts of extra crap on. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935275

And finally.. I flashed CM7 only a few days ago, and I love it, aside from a few things that are bugging me. I miss the Sense Clock widget and it seems like I have no weather anywhere. Is there something I can use to get a big ol clock widget with teh weather and stuff? The other thing is probably a setting I missed, but there is no 'lock screen', it takes me straight to the enter unlock pattern screen. So if I'm playing music or whatever, there is no widget to control it.

traslin
Feb 19, 2004
Hooked On Phoenix

Urfdser posted:

I feel like a total tard but I'm having a lot of trouble finding MIUI for Evo. I stumbled into some thread on xda, where a guy had a signature with his latest Rom. Is this what I should be using?

http://miui-dev.com/forums/showthread.php?2053-UPDATE-New-Official-Release-Thread-%28Stock-CM-Mod-Manup-Mod%29-1.1.28

And while we're at it, does anyone have a link to CM7 with 4G support handy? I just looked at the 4G map someone linked a couple pages back and it looks like there is 4G here. I thought the closest was Orlando, then someone told me Ft Lauderdale Beach was teh closest. Turns out its here the whole drat time in Cutler Bay. Too bad I found out just in time to move to a place with no 4G. Found this, but I'm not sure if its the only 4G CM7 or just one that someone put all sorts of extra crap on. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935275

And finally.. I flashed CM7 only a few days ago, and I love it, aside from a few things that are bugging me. I miss the Sense Clock widget and it seems like I have no weather anywhere. Is there something I can use to get a big ol clock widget with teh weather and stuff? The other thing is probably a setting I missed, but there is no 'lock screen', it takes me straight to the enter unlock pattern screen. So if I'm playing music or whatever, there is no widget to control it.

For MIUI, I believe this is what you are looking for - MIUI.

For CM7 with 4G, this is the ROM on xda I was thinking about using, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=902051. Looks like it is getting more traffic than the one you referenced.

For a clock with weather, I think Beautiful Widgets is what a lot of people use, but it cost $2. The MIUI Digital Weather Clock also looks pretty good, MIUI Digital Clock (pretty much a clone of the sense clock).

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

traslin posted:

For MIUI, I believe this is what you are looking for - MIUI.

For CM7 with 4G, this is the ROM on xda I was thinking about using, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=902051. Looks like it is getting more traffic than the one you referenced.

For a clock with weather, I think Beautiful Widgets is what a lot of people use, but it cost $2. The MIUI Digital Weather Clock also looks pretty good, MIUI Digital Clock (pretty much a clone of the sense clock).

Excellent thank you. I think I'll try MIUI. Not gonna worry about 4G CM7, seems like it has a few annoying bugs and I really don't need it right now. And yes, Beautiful Widgets! I read about that somewhere, but forgot about it. I'll probably buy that after trying MIUI.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Honeycomb can now be put on the Nook Colors internal memory:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/barnes-noble-nook-color/58530-how-install-honeycomb-internal-memory-emmc-nook-color.html

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

traslin posted:

For CM7 with 4G, this is the ROM on xda I was thinking about using,

As a heads up, if 4G is your deciding factor, in the next couple of releases of MIUI (possibly the next build this Friday) they'll be implementing 4G support according to one of the devs. Should definitely boost MIUI's popularity a few notches at least.

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

Anyone else using oxygen 1.0.4 notice that it does not charge past 90%

Also about radios, I dont really want to risk creating a brick but my radio number is a higher number than the recommended radio for oxygen. I have no idea what these numbers mean, are all radios backwards compatible as it were or is it worth downgrading the radio to try and get a better battery life out of this?

I've been thinking about installing oxygen 2.0 but it's probably worth holding off until the next update I suppose.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Crossbar posted:

I really wish I could figure out how you get such great battery life. I'm on rubix and have underclocked and undervolted. I'm at about 30-40% battery after about 14 hours with light use. Not bad, but I'd like to get more. Nothing pops out as a power hog when I check the battery stats or spare parts.

My "normal" use is probably light use for most people. I guess I send 100-200 texts per day, play some Wordfeud, use Pulse for maybe half an hour and use the browser for about that much as well. I talk on it what probably averages 10 minutes per day. I have full signal pretty much everywhere I go. Probably one of the big things is I don't use Twitter or Facebook at all.

Maybe your battery isn't reporting the right levels. Have you tried recalibrating/bump charging/whatever?

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

JerseyMonkey posted:

I had GPS issues with my HTC EVO 4G. This is what fixed GPS for aftermarket ROMs for me.
#1: Call Sprint and request your MSL code. This will allow you to reconfigure your device.
#2: Using a Sense-based ROM, open the dialer and type ##GPSCLRX#
This will prompt you to enter a code, enter your MSL and your device will restart resolving the GPS issue.

Thanks for this tip. This SEEMS to have fixed my issue. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I leave the house and can test out Navigation.

I wonder what, exactly, this does to solve the problem...

EDIT: Worked like a motherfucking charm. Thanks again!

Ozmodiar fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 10, 2011

MrBishi
Sep 11, 2001

My pupil goes to 11!

Solly posted:

Anyone else using oxygen 1.0.4 notice that it does not charge past 90%

Also about radios, I dont really want to risk creating a brick but my radio number is a higher number than the recommended radio for oxygen. I have no idea what these numbers mean, are all radios backwards compatible as it were or is it worth downgrading the radio to try and get a better battery life out of this?

I've been thinking about installing oxygen 2.0 but it's probably worth holding off until the next update I suppose.

The LED will just turn green at 90% and continue charging till the battery is full, then it will drain down to 90% before charging again. It's by design to prevent wear on the battery I think :)

You're not going to brick your Desire by flashing a radio, it won't even attempt to flash anything that has a bad checksum. Just don't do anything idiotic like ripping the battery out halfway through the flash. You can use absolutely any radio version with any ROM, it's all good.

E: The Gingerbread ROMs for the Desire at present don't come anywhere near close to the performance of the Froyo ones and have some unavoidable bugs that can't be fixed until the N1 gets an update.

MrBishi fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Feb 10, 2011

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

MrBishi posted:

The LED will just turn green at 90% and continue charging till the battery is full, then it will drain down to 90% before charging again. It's by design to prevent wear on the battery I think :)

You're not going to brick your Desire by flashing a radio, it won't even attempt to flash anything that has a bad checksum. Just don't do anything idiotic like ripping the battery out halfway through the flash. You can use absolutely any radio version with any ROM, it's all good.

E: The Gingerbread ROMs for the Desire at present don't come anywhere near close to the performance of the Froyo ones and have some unavoidable bugs that can't be fixed until the N1 gets an update.

is there a guide to flashing radios anywhere, I have heard about this checksum thing before but I don't know how to do it.

Oxygen is doing some weird stuff, while Im using it the battery last pretty well but overnight it dropped from 80% to 35% which is a tad strange, also it rebooted itself earlier. Which is a bit of a shame because this looks like a really nice tidy rom.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

MrBishi posted:

The Gingerbread ROMs for the Desire at present don't come anywhere near close to the performance of the Froyo ones and have some unavoidable bugs that can't be fixed until the N1 gets an update.

Um, what do you mean by that? I've been using the Cyanogenmod 7 nightlies on my Desire since the middle of January, and it's always been faster than FroYo, and the only bug I noticed was that the FM Radio didn't work until official nightly build 4.

What unavoidable bugs have you seen?

MrBishi
Sep 11, 2001

My pupil goes to 11!

Solly posted:

is there a guide to flashing radios anywhere, I have heard about this checksum thing before but I don't know how to do it.

Oxygen is doing some weird stuff, while Im using it the battery last pretty well but overnight it dropped from 80% to 35% which is a tad strange, also it rebooted itself earlier. Which is a bit of a shame because this looks like a really nice tidy rom.

You flash radios the same way you would flash any other ROM, ie chuck the zip onto your SD card then install it from recovery. The process is a little different if you've done the S-OFF procedure and are using a different partition table, you'd need to flash it via fastboot in that case. Here is a thread that contains links to all the radio versions.

For the battery I'd suggest doing a calibration, basically just charge the phone while it's turned on until the LED goes green, then power off and charge till you see green again then wipe your battery stats from recovery.

fishmech posted:

What unavoidable bugs have you seen?

The main one was a massive lag when answering an incoming call, like several seconds of silence before you finally hear the other caller. Also really jerky performance when scrolling through menus etc.

It's entirely possible that these have been fixed by now though, I just remember a dev saying that not much more could be done until an official N1 release was out.

MrBishi fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 10, 2011

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

MrBishi posted:

The main one was a massive lag when answering an incoming call, like several seconds of silence before you finally hear the other caller. Also really jerky performance when scrolling through menus etc.

It's entirely possible that these have been fixed by now though, I just remember a dev saying that not much more could be done until an official N1 release was out.

That's quite bizarre, I haven't experienced those. Do you happen to have a CDMA Desire by any chance, because my Desire is GSM and doesn't have those issues?

MrBishi
Sep 11, 2001

My pupil goes to 11!
GSM here too. Maybe I'll do a nandroid and try the latest CM7 tonight, things might have got better since I last tried.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

MrBishi posted:

GSM here too. Maybe I'll do a nandroid and try the latest CM7 tonight, things might have got better since I last tried.

fishmech posted:

That's quite bizarre, I haven't experienced those. Do you happen to have a CDMA Desire by any chance, because my Desire is GSM and doesn't have those issues?

It was a serious issue with CM7 on the N1 too, I dunno if it still is (god bless MIUI :smug: ) but yeah.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

On the Desire Z does anyone know if it is possible to switch the Snooze and Dismiss triggers on the alarm clock?

It was retarded to make dismiss the swipe and snooze the tiny button below as when I'm half asleep I hit the swipe instead.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Ashex posted:

On the Desire Z does anyone know if it is possible to switch the Snooze and Dismiss triggers on the alarm clock?

It was retarded to make dismiss the swipe and snooze the tiny button below as when I'm half asleep I hit the swipe instead.

I think the easiest thing to do is just download a new alarm clock app.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Civil posted:

I think the easiest thing to do is just download a new alarm clock app.

Yeah, I may just do that.

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

MrBishi posted:

You flash radios the same way you would flash any other ROM, ie chuck the zip onto your SD card then install it from recovery. The process is a little different if you've done the S-OFF procedure and are using a different partition table, you'd need to flash it via fastboot in that case. Here is a thread that contains links to all the radio versions.

For the battery I'd suggest doing a calibration, basically just charge the phone while it's turned on until the LED goes green, then power off and charge till you see green again then wipe your battery stats from recovery.

Yeah I've calibrated it, its being strange though, the highest thing on the battery drain is the display at around 70% and the thing has been turned off all night. I don't know if this means something is forcing it into a semi wake state or something. I'm going to try it again tonight with the wifi and data turned off to see if its something trying to sync.

What's this business about doing checksums for radios though, how does that work? I don't want to accidentally flash the wrong radio. I mean if I download the recommended radio from the oxygen thread and oxygen being a desire specific rom I assume that I will naturally have the correct radio file and nothing will go wrong. (hopefully)

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

OK. so I think I did something stupid and I need some help fixing it...

On Monday night I had to run out of town and I needed Google Navigation to work in order to do it. Well, I flashed back over to CM6.1 (from CM7 Nightly) to I knew I would have working GPS. Once I was back home, I flashed back to CM7 and carried on with life.

Now, today, I see that Android Central posted that Twitter for Android updated...so, I went to the Market -> My Apps and it only shows like 10 apps. Everything else I have downloaded and installed is on my phone, and if I search for each app individually it's marked as "Installed" (or "Update" if there is an update available)...but they don't show up in "My Apps". Once I update things, it once again shows up in "My Apps"...but I'm looking for and easier way to fix this without going through each app individually...

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Ozmodiar posted:

OK. so I think I did something stupid and I need some help fixing it...

On Monday night I had to run out of town and I needed Google Navigation to work in order to do it. Well, I flashed back over to CM6.1 (from CM7 Nightly) to I knew I would have working GPS. Once I was back home, I flashed back to CM7 and carried on with life.

Now, today, I see that Android Central posted that Twitter for Android updated...so, I went to the Market -> My Apps and it only shows like 10 apps. Everything else I have downloaded and installed is on my phone, and if I search for each app individually it's marked as "Installed" (or "Update" if there is an update available)...but they don't show up in "My Apps". Once I update things, it once again shows up in "My Apps"...but I'm looking for and easier way to fix this without going through each app individually...

Inside Titanium Backup there's the market doctor, run that and it should fix it. Otherwise install Appbrain and use that to update your apps until everything is restored.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Ashex posted:

Inside Titanium Backup there's the market doctor, run that and it should fix it. Otherwise install Appbrain and use that to update your apps until everything is restored.

"Market Doctor has found no recoverable market link"

*sigh*

I guess I'll try it the AppBrain way then.

EDIT: Wiping the market cache seemed to repopulate the list. Problem solved.

On an unrelated note, my brother just got an Epic 4G (I know, "lol Samsung"...but he liked it the best out of the EVO, Epic, and Shift). He's interested in rooting and custom ROMs already, so I pointed him to this xda thread to root...but I have no idea what ROM to recommend him. What are the "go-to" ROMs for the Epic?

Ozmodiar fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 11, 2011

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Ozmodiar posted:

On an unrelated note, my brother just got an Epic 4G (I know, "lol Samsung"...but he liked it the best out of the EVO, Epic, and Shift).
Hopefully he won't come to regret it. The Epic isn't a terrible phone, it just has terrible support. As for the phone itself the biggest problem is the buggy GPS, but if you set it to always cold start only use 3G (no wifi or 4G) until you get a lock, it works fairly reliably. I don't think you even have to do that in the Froyo leak.

Ozmodiar posted:

He's interested in rooting and custom ROMs already,
The xda wiki page describes the available ROMs, but I'm not sure it's particularly helpful in narrowing a selection.

Here's the deal with the Epic: the latest officially released firmware is Eclair (DI18), and that's the latest version we have kernel sources for. There's been a few Froyo leaks, latest DK28, but we have no kernel sources. Hence, ROMs are split in two camps: Eclair ROMs typically with highly customized kernels that are fairly feature-complete (USB/RNDIS tethering, undervolt, overclock, more brightness levels, etc.), and less-featureful Froyo ROMs with as many bug fixes the community could manage.

Syndicate is supposed to be a pretty darn good and featureful Eclair ROM, I don't think anyone else bothers with Eclair anymore. Of the Froyo ones--not sure, take a look at the ones that have been somewhat recently updated.

There's also the CyanogenMod beta. I don't think it's quite there yet, and I probably wouldn't waste too much time with it until Froyo is officially released (with source).

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

I am getting my phone replaced with a refurb of the same make and model. Assuming I immediately root, s-off, and load the same version of my recovery, I can use the nandroid backup of my current phone to immediately update my new phone, correct?

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Hopefully he won't come to regret it. The Epic isn't a terrible phone, it just has terrible support. As for the phone itself the biggest problem is the buggy GPS, but if you set it to always cold start only use 3G (no wifi or 4G) until you get a lock, it works fairly reliably. I don't think you even have to do that in the Froyo leak.

The xda wiki page describes the available ROMs, but I'm not sure it's particularly helpful in narrowing a selection.

Here's the deal with the Epic: the latest officially released firmware is Eclair (DI18), and that's the latest version we have kernel sources for. There's been a few Froyo leaks, latest DK28, but we have no kernel sources. Hence, ROMs are split in two camps: Eclair ROMs typically with highly customized kernels that are fairly feature-complete (USB/RNDIS tethering, undervolt, overclock, more brightness levels, etc.), and less-featureful Froyo ROMs with as many bug fixes the community could manage.

Syndicate is supposed to be a pretty darn good and featureful Eclair ROM, I don't think anyone else bothers with Eclair anymore. Of the Froyo ones--not sure, take a look at the ones that have been somewhat recently updated.

There's also the CyanogenMod beta. I don't think it's quite there yet, and I probably wouldn't waste too much time with it until Froyo is officially released (with source).

Thanks.

Are any of the leaks good enough to run as a daily ROM? He's really just wanting Froyo because a few Apps that he had when he was borrowing my old Hero require 2.2+

teamdest
Jul 1, 2007

Turnquiet posted:

I am getting my phone replaced with a refurb of the same make and model. Assuming I immediately root, s-off, and load the same version of my recovery, I can use the nandroid backup of my current phone to immediately update my new phone, correct?

this might be doable. a Nandroid is basically just an image of a disk. Some people have said that slight revisions in hardware may cause issues, but there is little harm in trying it, and just using Titanium if it has problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Ozmodiar posted:

Are any of the leaks good enough to run as a daily ROM?
A bunch of folks run DK28. The consensus is that it's not as polished/snappy as Eclair, but there's not too many problems with it. A lot of folks ran into GPS problems immediately after upgrading, but apparently if you get a GPS lock right before installing DK28 it should work fine.

There's a semi-credible rumor that Froyo will be officially released on the 21st, so it might be less of a hassle to wait. Although there were semi-semi-credible rumors that Froyo was going to be officially released "next week" since back in December, so I wouldn't put too much trust in it.

Also, xda folks recently figured out that some part of MMS delivery involves downloading a build-specific file from a Sprint web server, and have been querying all possible URLs to figure out when the most recent test builds have been generated:

PythonFanTN @ xda posted:

DK (November): nothing past the 28th
DL (December): Revisions on the 11th, 15th, 16th, 17th, and 29th
EA (January): Revisions on the 7th, 16th, 17th, 18th, and 30th
EB (February): Revisions on the 1st, 7th & 9th so far
So, Samsung is still actively generating Froyo builds as recently as yesterday, and Sprint is still testing them. Not sure what it says about the 21st being a hard deadline. It does make DK28 look a bit stale though.