Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Death Jump? Or Death Dump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They're all pretty much great

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I disagree. The one about Hot Dogs, for instance, is pretty mediocre.

And Grilled Cheese, and Peeps are all pretty meh.

e: and the one where Rigby goes out with Margaret.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Sockser posted:

The Grilled Cheese episode is actually one of my favorites.

Your milage may vary, I guess.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
I have a condition where I forget everything in times of extreme stress. Lieutenant Riggs doesn't have the condition, he's just an idiot.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Fag Boy Jim posted:

"Party Pete" is still my favorite.

"Stop? I do no vant to." :ssj:

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Sockser posted:

Grilled Cheese was my favorite up until Jinx.

Elmo Oxygen posted:

I have a condition where I forget everything in times of extreme stress. Lieutenant Riggs doesn't have the condition, he's just an idiot.

And this line is why!

Don is another good episode to show people just for the freakout when he gets out of the car and you first see what his body looks like.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Most of my friends say the prank call episode is the best one so far. It's too hard to choose. :ohdear:

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Well I showed them Death Kwon Do and My Mom and we laughed for a good 20 minutes straight. I don't think I've seen Party Pete yet, so thats next on the list.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Sockser posted:

Oh, what? Did you not see the father of time scene? "You really wasted the time of that guy you killed - he's dead!" Had me in stitches.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!
http://www.facebook.com/Loverboy

So Loverboy finally saw the montage from Caffeinated Concert Tickets episode (I think, there's a post there anyway)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Seeing Mordecai disgusted by the Shake Weight was hilarious for some reason.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
drat, Rigby is ruthless.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Oh, god. Muscle Man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can't tell if the new girl is actually a beaver or just wearing a weird tail.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Whatever she is, she's adorable.

Also, Mordecai:smith:

e: Rigby's arm just past behind the time on the VCR. Haha.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
What the gently caress was that solid?????

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Was it me or did the VCR time of 4:20 go over Rigby's hand when he reached for the tape.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Did he just poo poo on the floor?

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Anyone else notice the VCR stuck on 4:20? In one shot it changed to 9:35, and then it changed back and Rigby's hand went through the clock.

Strange. I wonder if the changing time was censorship, self-censorship or a sly nod?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Was it me or did the VCR time of 4:20 go over Rigby's hand when he reached for the tape.

No, I saw that too. It was just a weird animation error.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If that girl's not a beaver, then what's she doing associating with Mordecai and Rigby?

wren
Feb 9, 2007

requiescat in pace et in amore
Wow. I was really hoping they wouldn't go in this direction with the show. No more new characters? Just Rigby being a total oval office until the last moment. I don't know why they're going in this direction when the show is so young. It even felt they they were reusing a lot of visual assets, I'm disappointed.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

wren posted:

Wow. I was really hoping they wouldn't go in this direction with the show. No more new characters? Just Rigby being a total oval office until the last moment. I don't know why they're going in this direction when the show is so young. It even felt they they were reusing a lot of visual assets, I'm disappointed.

Uhhh this episode did have a new character in it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
What direction is it going in? I think the appeal of this show is that it has no set "direction" as it were.

Also, there was a new character. I already forgot her name, but her whole role in the show was pretty much just :nyoron:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

CRINDY posted:

Anyone else notice the VCR stuck on 4:20? In one shot it changed to 9:35, and then it changed back and Rigby's hand went through the clock.

Strange. I wonder if the changing time was censorship, self-censorship or a sly nod?

The sort of poo poo that happens with flash animation.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Awww, I like Eileen! (Though, maybe a little goes a long way...) Rigby can be such a dick.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Eileen was disturbingly similar to Flapjack and I wouldn't be surprised if they even had the same voice actress. Also, Mordecai was pretty smooth until Rigby started ruining his poo poo :(

IanJ
Dec 27, 2003

a real magic skeleton

IRQ posted:

The sort of poo poo that happens with flash animation.

RS isn't done in Flash

Life is Eat and Die
Apr 15, 2001

IanJ posted:

RS isn't done in Flash

This guy knows what hes talking about

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Then this shall be the biggest mystery in the history of cartoons.

Also Flapjack was voiced by a grown man.

wren
Feb 9, 2007

Rigby's love interest was in another episode already if that was the new character. I thought she already showed up with a speaking part that was really short. I don't really want them to go monster of the week but it also feels like they haven't fleshed out the park or history enough to have to resort to this sort of plot line. I would just much rather see the plot progression that they're using with AT that works out much better--moving forward and then retreating so the world seems very solid with fewer one-shot joke characters.

Thrust On Moore
Jul 13, 2010

She keeps coming closer,
Saying "I can feel it in my bones.
Schizophrenia,
Is taking me home."
I'm not really sure it's fair to disqualify Eileen from "new character" status just because she had some one-line appearance in a previous episode. Considering they actually establish her character and make her personality more fleshed out, this might as well be her debut episode. I really can't find any reason to be upset with this episode-- the stuff about sea turtle eggs and just her general awkwardness had me laughing uproariously. It was funny, and considering this is an 11-minute cartoon without continuity, I'd say that's what matters in the end.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

IanJ posted:

RS isn't done in Flash

Really? It sure looks bad enough that it is.

I love it though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
If anyone could make a gif of Eileen burying those golf balls in the sand, that would be amazing.

e: And Wikipedia says she's a mole.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think they went overboard with Rigby being a dick in that episode.

The Turtle golf ball eggs made up for a lot of that though.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Darke GBF posted:

Eileen was disturbingly similar to Flapjack and I wouldn't be surprised if they even had the same voice actress. Also, Mordecai was pretty smooth until Rigby started ruining his poo poo :(

Erm, you do know that Flapjack was voiced by his creator, Thurop van Orman, right?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Man, if you think Regular Show is badly animated, I don't know how you handle most cartoons on television.

I've seen worse animation and animation errors in feature films. (Pebble and the Penguin, anyone?)

wren
Feb 9, 2007

I think it the animation is great. The backgrounds and sets are impeccable. The references to notebook style car doodles fits perfectly with the sun dappled watercolors. The wallpaper always gets me, the inside of the house took real skill and the show benefited from them having a layout from the get go. Everything in the animation seems intentional especially compared to something like Squidbillies where it really seemed like they couldn't animate walk sequences.

I would just really like to see more of the laid back episodes with the surreal elements. Adventure Time (as an easy comparison) has about half episodes that forward the overall plot and half that allow me, at least, to enjoy the world and characters without any needless contention. I'm not saying I want all bland episodes, I would have really like this episode with just Rigby and Eileen. Their dynamic is so great there was no need to do the whole nostalgia school yard "solid" plot along with it. Her burying the gold ball eggs to impress him could've been the center point to a whole episode of this length.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Radish posted:

I think they went overboard with Rigby being a dick in that episode.

The Turtle golf ball eggs made up for a lot of that though.

Yeah, to be honest that ending left a really bad taste in my mouth. Rigby was downright malicious the whole episode. When the house was starting to tear itself apart I thought that was going to be the moment where Rigby apologized for having put them in this situation with his "solids" but Mordecai would still have to do the embarassing thing.

Rigby glorying in his friend embarassing himself to save their lives was a little too much, and him smashing the tape the next day to somehow make them even reeks of "crap, only a minute left in this episode, gotta restore the status quo fast." Mordecai was angrier at Rigby in earlier episodes over less.

It was still funny, of course, even through the cringe-worthy and somewhat predictable dating scenes, but these... I guess we could call them character-driven episodes aren't the strength of the show. Maybe if something came of it like Mordecai stopped pursuing Margret in future episodes because of his embarassing stunt it'd feel like the episode was worth having but otherwise I'd rather they just focus on the funny supernatural stuff like rock-paper-scissors monsters and sentient coffee beans.

• Locked thread