Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

jetgrindeggy posted:

How am I not receiving it the same day as everyone else? How long does it take to ship from brooklyn to manhattan?

maybe the bike messenger carrying it got hit by a car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

drunk asian neighbor posted:

maybe the bike messenger carrying it got hit by a car

Should have tucked and rolled. Just like in the movies.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
If preorders are out why can't I buy it on Amazon MP3 yet :mad:

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
I bought the Really Records Powerpack on the 8th, I guess that doesn't really count as pre-order. I can't wait 4 more days. :(

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Guess what just leaked
e: Literally a minute into the first track and I'm just flabbergasted. I love it.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 22, 2011

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

Turns out I got the thing in the mail today, T-shirt and all.

Truly today is the greatest day.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Just got done listening to it, any doubts I had are gone now. I liked the other version of Everybody That You Love better but overall this is amazing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
With the exception of The poo poo That You Hate, everything clicked instantly. This album is fantastic, probably the best thing that'll come out this year.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Really love most of the songs. Couple of the Kudrow-esque slower ones I'm still not a fan of, though (which is weird because I like Kudrow and past slow BTMI songs). But I wouldn't be surprised it I liked them in a few more listens.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Sorry guys, Vacation is going to have to take a backseat to the real news: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Aquabats-Super-Show-1035577.aspx

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Just got my vinyl copy of Vacation in the mail today. I'm liking the album a lot, but a bit bummed out that there isn't even a tiny bit of ska in it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

lessthankyle posted:

Sorry guys, Vacation is going to have to take a backseat to the real news: [url][/url]

yes yes yes yes yes yes yessssssssssssssssssssssss

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

so this is a pretty loving fantastic album I guess

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Eh, not too much of a fan. It doesn't feel...sporadic enough, maybe? I don't know, it's not necessarily bad, it's just not something I see myself revisiting all too much.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
Nevermind Vacation, I've just been listening to Others! and it is amazing fun music times!
I would never have even looked at that side of the page if someone here hadn't mentioned it so, thanks!

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Massacre Raid was pretty great. Standout bands I saw were 4.0, Chilled Monkey Brains, Paranoia Dance Party, Beat Officers, The Hits and Shut Up Travis. I had to miss Joystick and Stuck Lucky since I was in a band playing after them and was soundchecking during their sets, which is lame because they're two of the bands I wanted to see the most.

buttslave
Jun 8, 2007
Onwards and Upwards!
If you haven't already, BtMI's new album is free for download from Quote/Unquote

http://quoteunquoterecords.com/qur051.htm

edit: uuuuggggh savers grew on me already

buttslave fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 27, 2011

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

Dundee McFluffers posted:

If you haven't already, BtMI's new album is free for download from Quote/Unquote

http://quoteunquoterecords.com/qur051.htm

From the facebook group:

Bomb the Music Industry! Is it only at 128? UGGGGGH. Sorry. I'll fix that soon, my computer is currently on the fritz.

Bomb the Music Industry! That was the version we sent to press! Only 128! No wonder Forbes magazine never wrote back!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anyone going to see Streetlight/RBF tonight at Lupo's?

xan!
Aug 17, 2004

by elpintogrande

Sandwolf posted:

Anyone going to see Streetlight/RBF tonight at Lupo's?

I did with my friend and it was pretty awesome.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

this album loving owns bones

everybody that loves you-sunny place/shady people-felt just like vacation is probably the best 7 minutes of music jeff has ever made

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

this album loving owns bones

everybody that loves you-sunny place/shady people-felt just like vacation is probably the best 7 minutes of music jeff has ever made

The opposite of this is true. Album is not very good.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Anybody going to the Streetlight/RBF show tomorrow in Boston? I'll be working it! Don't know where in the hall I'll be though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FateoMcSkippy posted:

The opposite of this is true. Album is not very good.

What's it like having dicks in your ears all the time?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Dickeye posted:

What's it like having dicks in your ears all the time?

Sounds better than Vacation I'll tell you what

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

I can't make my mind up on vacation, still on my first listen, I like Hurricane Waves quite a lot, didn't like Campaign for a better next weekend. It might take me a couple of listens to get into. I know the first few BTMI songs I heard I didn't like at all until I listened a couple of times and I really got into them

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
It really comes together when you hear the album in a 100 degree warehouse with no moving air.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Sounds better than Vacation I'll tell you what

What do you figure, like six or seven loads of cum a day, per ear?

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010

atwulf posted:

That's a shame. Last time I had a chance to see them was in Philly and I didn't have the cash for a ticket. Hopefully they come around my area again soon, because I'm dying to see them live. What songs did they leave out that you wanted to hear?

Everything Went Numb and Point/Counterpoint were the ones I was really shocked to not hear

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

lessthankyle posted:

It really comes together when you show up after the show and you get a hickey from me.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DarthXaos posted:

Everything Went Numb and Point/Counterpoint were the ones I was really shocked to not hear

:stare:

stop touring with loving reel big fish you assholes.

Rabin_Crabmink
Mar 23, 2001

I hate them all except Turtleface.

lessthankyle posted:

It really comes together when you hear the album in a 100 degree warehouse with no moving air.

this was awesome last night. Also, laura stevenson playing only tom petty songs was the greatest.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Vacation rules. The past 3 days I've just been sitting on the couch on my porch, drinking and listening to this album over and over.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

:stare:

stop touring with loving reel big fish you assholes.

This is the reason I'm not going to see them today. Or yesterday.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Rabin_Crabmink posted:

this was awesome last night. Also, laura stevenson playing only tom petty songs was the greatest.

Laura played? I was gonna go but I fell asleep :(

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 28, 2011

YamSack Agonistes
Jul 26, 2011

Dodongo dislikes smoke
Just stumbled across this thread. Some of my best memories involve playing and listening to ska. Still got the wingtips in the closet. Much respect.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Just got back from working the RBF/Streetlight show.

1st opener, Rodeo Ruby Love, was pretty terrible.

2nd opener, New Riot, were loving awesome. They're from the UK, and they play some awesome punk-ska. Their bass player gave me their album after the show. Highly recommend checking out their Myspace, http://www.myspace.com/newriotuk . The songs on there don't do them justice, they were really great live.
Also, during their set Tomas walked by me to the backstage area and my heart beat a little faster :swoon:

Streetlight were fantastic as always. New guy on trombone definitely knows what he's doing. Setlist was (order is probably way off):
Watch it Crash
Mephisto's Cafe
Better Place, Better Time
Skyscraper
Forty Days
Such Great Heights
Would You Be Impressed
Me and Julio
Here's to Life
Moment of Silence/Moment of Violence
Big Sleep

Like was said before, no Point/Keasbey/Counterpoint or Everything Went Numb, but I guess I can understand them being kind of sick of those songs. I'm pretty sure Tomas said something to that effect when I saw him a little while ago.

Reel Big Fish...well, I almost hate to say it, but they loving killed it. Aaron's energy is just infectious. As much as I hated seeing Scott go, I have to say that the guy they got to replace him is pretty drat good. There were only a couple of times when his absence was really noticeable, and it was mostly due to not having 2 guitars. They played the standards, but they also played a good amount of lesser-known songs. They also got the massive circle pit on the floor to form a several hundred-person conga line. Despite the fact that a good chunk of the original members are gone, and the fact that they haven't put out a really good album in years, they're just so much loving fun live, as they've always been.

Awesome show. Fateo you are lame for not going, especially for such a weak reason.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I bet Such Great Heights kinda loving ruled live.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sade posted:

I bet Such Great Heights kinda loving ruled live.

It kinda did, they loving nailed the opening horns.

Also, I just remembered: when Tomas walked by and almost talked to me, I realized I would have sounded like a total rear end in a top hat if I mispronounced his name. Does anybody know for sure if it's pronounced like Thomas, or is it like toe-maas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Awesome show. Fateo you are lame for not going, especially for such a weak reason.

That wasn't the real reason. That was the "look ska kids i'm cool" reason.

Real reason is cause I don't have the cash after getting tickets to both Bosstones/DKM/Street Dogs shows at Fenway.