Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Christ, my friend's trading in his 250 rebel (an unusually responsible choice for his MSF-refusing rear end), and someone on facebook responded "May I suggest one without training wheels this time". :rolleyes:

Hey douche. Stop trying to get my already irresponsible friend killed, thanks.

Yeah. I have a friend whose bike shopping for his first bike. He posted on rideit about getting a 250 and someone was like "YEAH WELL I STARTED ONA GIXXXER 600, 250'S ARE FOR GIRLFRIENDS LOL."

Ugh :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

invision posted:

Yeah. I have a friend whose bike shopping for his first bike. He posted on rideit about getting a 250 and someone was like "YEAH WELL I STARTED ONA GIXXXER 600, 250'S ARE FOR GIRLFRIENDS LOL."

Ugh :(

Anybody can learn on a literbike! Once....

One of the guys I work with has a really nice RC-51 and our coworker (who has never ridden) has been bothering him constantly to let him ride it. We both just laugh every time he asks. Now he's decided to buy a 'Busa to one up the RC.

Is it bad to place bets on a co-workers life expectancy?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

Anybody can learn on a literbike! Once....

One of the guys I work with has a really nice RC-51 and our coworker (who has never ridden) has been bothering him constantly to let him ride it. We both just laugh every time he asks. Now he's decided to buy a 'Busa to one up the RC.

Is it bad to place bets on a co-workers life expectancy?

I thought it was mandatory.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Pope Mobile posted:

I thought it was mandatory.

He just bought a 'Busa and not by choice. He also has a new back injury. Apparently he bullshitted the guy into a test ride and looped it...

He asked me to do some bodywork on it to repair the damage. I told him cash up front only, for parts+labor... I also told him to expect me to put a few miles on it to make sure nothing falls off. :jiggled:

I have a strong suspicion that I may be re-doing any body work in about 6 months or less. I can definitely use the income, Hoooooray for squids.... Also he showed me his "new badass" helmet, brain bucket... I'm very sad this man has already procreated. All this being said, he still doesn't have a class M license and refuses to even consider the MSF.... :psyboom:

Edit: grammar....

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
You can't get people into a riding class if they don't want to, I've found. One of my friends won't do it and it's only 25 bucks here. He also ignores any advice about starting to ride I give him, so whatever. :smith:

We started talking about bikes and a guy over at his house started going on about how they were dangerous. I said something about risk management and constantly trying to put yourself in the best position. He doubled down and said there's nothing you can do, it's other people that will do you in.

Then he told a story about a car hitting a cab and decapitating the people inside, as an example of how poo poo can just happen.

So I guess his point was...

cluck1000
May 23, 2011

fo'rilla

He just bought a 'Busa and not by choice. He also has a new back injury. Apparently he bullshitted the guy into a test ride and looped it...

He asked me to do some bodywork on it to repair the damage. I told him cash up front only, for parts+labor... I also told him to expect me to put a few miles on it to make sure nothing falls off.

These people are why my mom is scared of motorcycles. Also this guy:

nsaP posted:

Then he told a story about a car hitting a cab and decapitating the people inside, as an example of how poo poo can just happen.

So I guess his point was...

DIDN'T YOU KNOW YOU CAN DIE ANY DAY ANY TIME ANYWHERE FOR ANY REASON? WHY BOTHER MANAGING RISK? DON'T BE A PUSSY. PARTY TIME!!!!!

at least they're self-selecting out of the gene pool...

cluck1000 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 25, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

:jiggled:

beautifully expressed.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
He asked me today about installing an extended swing arm on it....

Am I a dick for recommending either Nitrous or a turbo to go with it? All I have to tell him is that he'll be a total poser if he extends the swing arm without doing one or the other.

Mostly I've just always wanted to install Nitrous or a turbo...

Edit:I just don't want to do it on my stuff because I'm not completely retarded.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
As long as it's his decision in the end. Would really make betting on his life a lot easier too!

Why is he extending his swing arm, does he run it at the strip? If he really thinks it looks good definitely talk him into nitrous...

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Bondematt posted:

As long as it's his decision in the end. Would really make betting on his life a lot easier too!

Why is he extending his swing arm, does he run it at the strip? If he really thinks it looks good definitely talk him into nitrous...

He wants an extended swing arm because, "Extended swing arms look loving fly brotha!"

He has yet to ride it, doesn't have a license, refuses to take the MSF and I don't think he even has insurance on it. I've made it blatantly clear I won't do any work without receiving cash up front. I told him him he has to sign a liability waiver when I give the bike back or he doesn't get it back. He also has to sign a waiver agreeing to that before I'll do any work on it.

I know that sounds retarded but I don't trust this guy any further than I can throw him, and he's a BIG boy.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Yeah, I wouldn't even associate with him, but money is money. Sounds like he'll be a 6 monther, if not first ride highside.

Everyone I've ridden with who has not taken the MSF never notices how many close calls they have. They seem to be in tunnel vision and just expect motorists to get out of the way.

I make stupid moves, but I feel stupid for making stupid moves and try to improve my riding. They would just flat out say they did nothing wrong after just missing a probably fatal accident that they should have never put themselves in the situation for.

Edit: Ahaha I missed the part about how he ended up with a BUSA. Bravo.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Bondematt posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't even associate with him, but money is money. Sounds like he'll be a 6 monther, if not first ride highside.

Everyone I've ridden with who has not taken the MSF never notices how many close calls they have. They seem to be in tunnel vision and just expect motorists to get out of the way.

I make stupid moves, but I feel stupid for making stupid moves and try to improve my riding. They would just flat out say they did nothing wrong after just missing a probably fatal accident that they should have never put themselves in the situation for.

Edit: Ahaha I missed the part about how he ended up with a BUSA. Bravo.

Yes, he is definitely a "special" kind of special.

I'm not really in a position to turn work down of any kind, especially good paying work. He saw the resto-mod that was done on the R1 and has agree'd to my bullshit price of $85/hr. I estimated the job at around 10-12 hours with the possibility of up to 15 to make sure it's done right. He's already bought all new fairings and will be having them custom painted to something horribly gaudy.... He'll pay the 10 hours up front and the rest he'll give me as reserve in case it goes over, all of it in cash.

If it all goes through I'll post pics etc. Apparently his wife is letting him do it because eh agree'd to let her put a huge life insurance policy on him. Smart Lady! amirite?

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Apparently his wife is letting him do it because eh agree'd to let her put a huge life insurance policy on him. Smart Lady! amirite?

It just keeps getting better.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
$2000 wouldn't be enough to get me to touch that bike with a 10 foot pole. Not because the money isn't right, it is, but because that sort of clusterfuck of an idiot is the last person you want coming after you when he inevitably wads his poo poo again.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

He wants an extended swing arm because, "Extended swing arms look loving fly brotha!"

He has yet to ride it, doesn't have a license, refuses to take the MSF and I don't think he even has insurance on it.

Sometimes I just don't want to live on this planet any more :shepicide:

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Z3n posted:

$2000 wouldn't be enough to get me to touch that bike with a 10 foot pole. Not because the money isn't right, it is, but because that sort of clusterfuck of an idiot is the last person you want coming after you when he inevitably wads his poo poo again.

Hence the liability paperwork. Im not an idiot and I work all day with lawyers, one of which is drafting my papers for this work. He owed me a favor for some computer work. Im getting furlough days etc. at work and its a choice between losing my house or doing work for an idiot. Otherwise I agree with you entirely.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Hence the liability paperwork. Im not an idiot and I work all day with lawyers, one of which is drafting my papers for this work. He owed me a favor for some computer work. Im getting furlough days etc. at work and its a choice between losing my house or doing work for an idiot. Otherwise I agree with you entirely.

Ah ok you got your poo poo covered ...carry on then. Looking forward to seeing how all of this pans out. :xd:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
$10 says he doesn't make it to 100 miles before crashing it again.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Well at least with an extended swingarm it'll be harder to loop it again...right? :shobon:

This is just...way beyond crazy. I never thought when I made this thread we'd get to see the mentality of a my-first-bike-is-a-stretched-busa guy. I knew they existed, but this is unprecedented access to the (lack of) thought process going on there.

Also his wife is a smart smart lady.

Then again, she married him...

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
So gently caress all this polite poo poo, I'm putting my money on September 21st as the day he dies since that's my birthday and something awful ( :cool: ) should happen on my birthday.
Any takers?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

frozenphil posted:

So gently caress all this polite poo poo, I'm putting my money on September 21st as the day he dies since that's my birthday and something awful ( :cool: ) should happen on my birthday.
Any takers?

I'm putting my money on the day he gets it back. Unless it's raining, then the next dry day.

We need to see pictures of this monstrosity before and after it is destroyed.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I'm going to go the other way, I reckon he'll scare himself shitless and proceed to put less than 50mi a year on it for a couple of years before trying and failing to sell it for a ridiculous price because of the SICK MODS BRO.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
I doubt I'll ever actually get the bike in the shop. This guy is a notorious flake. I do a lot of buying/selling off of Craigslist, I learned really quickly to ignore this guy if he said he wanted something I had up for sale. He told me He'd buy my Martin Wildcat 65# compound bow and strung me out for 6 months on it. He'll go as far as to show you the money and say poo poo like I've got the cash I just need some free time to come check it out! The next day he starts talking about how he just bought a pool table.

I *really* hope I get to do the work, but it wouldn't surprise me if it never happens.

Like I said; I don't trust this guy any further than I can throw him, and he's a BIG boy.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

frozenphil posted:

Any takers?

25th, not because I care but because I want a birthday present too.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

He'll go as far as to show you the money and say poo poo like I've got the cash I just need some free time to come check it out! The next day he starts talking about how he just bought a pool table.

OK, now I have to ask. Is this dude military? He seems to have a bunch of cash on hand and spend it crazily on "cool stuff" which seems like the typical young dude with a bunch of combat pay and no expenses deal.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Boat posted:

OK, now I have to ask. Is this dude military? He seems to have a bunch of cash on hand and spend it crazily on "cool stuff" which seems like the typical young dude with a bunch of combat pay and no expenses deal.

No he's a security guard. He wants to be cool but ends up coming off more like a poser. He's one of those security guards that likes to make people's lives hell etc. He runs a metal detector/xray machine where I work. Sometimes women will come in with "toys" in their bag, his greatest joy in life is pulling those out of the bag in front of a crowd of people. He loves to rile people up to.

With where I work when somebody comes in they are usually already having a bad day. I believe that everybody, be it a meth-head or a speeding soccer mom deserves compassion. I really believe in Karma, it's one of the reasons I have a hard time working with this guy. Building something he will probably end his life on does not sit well in my stomach.

For example: We had a lady come in and she kept ringing off at the detector. He was rushing her and almost laughing every time she would ring off. She was obviously very upset the minute she walked in the door. It turned out she was going to a hearing where she had been broadsided by a drunk driver and her son had been killed (7 yrs old). She absolutely did not need that poo poo from him.

I'm on the fence because I almost feel like if I build this, give him all the warnings in the world. Then he does go off and nuke himself it's karmic justice.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

For example: We had a lady come in and she kept ringing off at the detector. He was rushing her and almost laughing every time she would ring off. She was obviously very upset the minute she walked in the door. It turned out she was going to a hearing where she had been broadsided by a drunk driver and her son had been killed (7 yrs old). She absolutely did not need that poo poo from him.

Soooo, I want to sock him square in the jaw.

You are working on a bike that someone is coming to you for. It's flat out his decision to be a moron and you don't need to warn him even. I would warn him for my own sanity and karma, but I wouldn't feel bad if he wrecked it being a squid.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 26, 2011

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
If he isn't a friend, he's just going to give his money to someone else. You can't save stupid after you've warned them, you might as well take their money.

My dad works with a guy who just bought and binned a supercharged Busa with NO2 as his first bike, these guys aren't stories and they aren't that rare. My dad didn't even want to test ride it.

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010

nsaP posted:

If he isn't a friend, he's just going to give his money to someone else. You can't save stupid after you've warned them, you might as well take their money.

Pretty much this. Maybe it's more karmic justice for someone who actually needs the cash to get the job of fixing this bike. There are all sorts of small little reasons like this, don't sweat it and just do the work. He's going to ride whether you help or not. Might as well make some cash working on a personal interest rather than your daily job.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress him, he sounds like a complete tool. Build his death rocket, clear yourself of responsibility, and let Darwinism sort it out.

No, it's not the 'right' thing to do, but neither is going on a power trip every day at work.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just make sure you document warning his rear end

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
As long as he doesn't have kids a warning is more than sufficient.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

wigglysasquatch posted:

As long as he doesn't have kids a warning is more than sufficient.

He has 2 kids unfortunately. I actually approached him about just buying the 'Busa off him (I'd love a drag bike for the local 1/4 mile) but he won't sell it. He actually gave me poo poo about the fact that I ride a 200cc bike and not a literbike. Which is retarded because he knows what I was riding before my accident.

The following is pretty much our conversation:

King of the Douschebags posted:

You need to get rid of that little scooter and get a real man's bike!

PamB posted:

Why? A bike's a bike. It gets me where I need to go and saves gas...

King of the Douschebags posted:

It's pathetic man. You might as well be riding a lawnmower. That's what it sounds like!

PamB posted:

Dude, the only thing I hear when I crank that bike is Cha-ching!

I walked off after that. It's kind of nice that he has to stay at his post and I can fake a phone call etc. and walk away. At this point I'll probably do the work if I get the chance and the rest will be on him.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

He has 2 kids unfortunately. I actually approached him about just buying the 'Busa off him (I'd love a drag bike for the local 1/4 mile) but he won't sell it. He actually gave me poo poo about the fact that I ride a 200cc bike and not a literbike. Which is retarded because he knows what I was riding before my accident.

The following is pretty much our conversation:

I walked off after that. It's kind of nice that he has to stay at his post and I can fake a phone call etc. and walk away. At this point I'll probably do the work if I get the chance and the rest will be on him.

So he just can't stop being a douche... even as you try and keep him off something that will eventually kill him he is a massive dick.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Maybe I'm more greedy than I thought, but I'd honestly do the work without a second thought.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
I'd do it too. He's a big boy and can make his own life choices.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

GanjamonII posted:

I'd do it too. He's a big boy and can make his own horrible mangly death choices.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope mom has a BIG life insurance plan on his dumb rear end. If she plays her cards right she can raise both kids alone with just one job to keep her from getting bored.

Dielectric
May 3, 2010
Isn't "douchebag" a pre-existing condition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
Forgive me but this is going to have a rather long intro.

I took a long weekend road trip with some friends through Oregon and Washington back-country. We found some amazing roads. Early on the second day we found ourselves sharing a scenic overlook along a long twisty road in the middle of nowhere with a big pack of sport bikes all done up in race livery, ridden by guys who were wearing little in the way of protective clothing.

King Squidley: (bragging to the squidlings): So at this frickin' track day I was totally leading this frickin' instructor the whole way and he told me I had frickin' perfect form but he was watching how my bike cornered and he told me I needed to [long list of suspension changes] and it totally was going to cut my frickin' times!

We leave, heading further up the road to find that it gets even more twisty and turny and awesome.

Within about five minutes, King Squidley and two of his followers catch up to us and we let them by as soon as it's safe. They immediately accelerate to ludicrous speed and literally within seconds, at the very next corner, King Squidley launches himself and his bike off the outside of the corner and they soar through the air disappearing into the forest. The other two bikers had fortunately (smartly) got hard on the brakes right before the corner so they avoided the same fate.

We stopped to help and before I can even get off my bike, he's angrily stomping his way out of the woods. The rest of his large pack was approaching so I decided my help wasn't needed and started to head back out with my friends.

The last thing I heard him say as he threw up his hands was "FUCKIN' COLD TIRES!"

• Locked thread