Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why is that girl wearing Naoto's hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
That is one super-ridiculous fanservice outfit that chick's wearing.

That's it, i'm giving up on Atlus until they either start making games that look fun again, or remake SMT1 since they love remakes so much.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I can only hope Raidou will be in the fighter, even as a Naoto outfit.

How would that Mary chick be playable? She's talking. :stare:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I can only hope Raidou will be in the fighter, even as a Naoto outfit.

How would that Mary chick be playable? She's talking. :stare:

'Playable' and 'MC' are not the same thing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sorry, "party member"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I interpreted マリー as Marie, not Mary.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Wait, why is that a fanservicey outfit? It looks pretty normal to me, apart from the skirt being on the short side.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Maybe this is part of a section of the story where the MC returns to the city, and runs into her or something. Probably could happen during one of those slow periods of the plot. That or during the field trip.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Rirse posted:

Maybe this is part of a section of the story where the MC returns to the city, and runs into her or something. Probably could happen during one of those slow periods of the plot. That or during the field trip.

She looks like she's in the Junes food court in that screenshot.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Squinting and looking sideways at the scan it looks like you have a s-link with her.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Pureauthor posted:

She looks like she's in the Junes food court in that screenshot.

Another shot looks like it's taken in the high school hallway.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Technique posted:

That is one super-ridiculous fanservice outfit that chick's wearing.

That's it, i'm giving up on Atlus until they either start making games that look fun again, or remake SMT1 since they love remakes so much.

So, a fanservicey looking character totally indicates how 'fun' a game is, particularly a game that is one of the most loved games of its given franchise. I see.

How have you managed to play anything from Japan? Like, ever?

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Pureauthor posted:

Regardless of your actual opinion on the games (I mean, you have a BB avatar), both Guilty Gear and Blazblue have indeed been 'well-received'.

I spent years playing arcade GG and anyone will tell you that it's one of the best 2D fighters, unfortunately it was designed by the people who worked at ASW 10+ years ago whereas BB's made by the guys working for them now and if you think BB has been "well-received" you and I understand that term very differently

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Marie the wacky foreign exchange student. Callin' it now.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Pureauthor posted:

'Playable' and 'MC' are not the same thing.

Oh, right. My bad.
Her VA tends to do work for fanservicy younger girls in most shows she's in, but I did like her in .hack//Quantum. I guess we'll see if she's typecast or not.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Squinting and looking sideways at the scan it looks like you have a s-link with her.

Someone I'm talking with is citing the fact that multiple party members are present on one screenshot indicates that she's more than JUST an S-Link. Unfortunately I don't know if that means she's a certified party member yet.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Black and white striped stockings and a plaid skirt?

That's the opposite of every other character (except Teddie) having some sort of style sense.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

tooooooo bad posted:

Marie the wacky foreign exchange student. Callin' it now.
I'm thinking Harajuku exchange student, really.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Mio Bison posted:

I spent years playing arcade GG and anyone will tell you that it's one of the best 2D fighters, unfortunately it was designed by the people who worked at ASW 10+ years ago whereas BB's made by the guys working for them now and if you think BB has been "well-received" you and I understand that term very differently
I was thinking mostly of Guilty Gear when I wrote that, and I didn't realize that most of the GG team members were gone at this point. That does explain why I don't particularly care for BlazBlue though. Still, regardless of its popularity (or lack thereof) in the fighting game community relative to other series, the games do get favorable reviews, and they keep getting made, so "well-received" is an apt enough description.

Edit: P.S. Thanks for destroying any optimism I had for the supposed eventual return of Guilty Gear. It's going to end up being terrible, isn't it. :(

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 31, 2011

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Don't they already have the "city kid in the sticks" thing covered with both the main character and Yosuke? Even Adachi is from the city and bitter about it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Technique posted:

remake SMT1

At this point it's pretty obvious that after P4P the next thing Atlus is gonna do is remake Eternal Punishment. I just hope they don't do that and actually make either P5, Raidou 3 or SMT5 instead of remaking poo poo again and again and again.

But if they must remake something, Soul Hackers is a drat good candidate. I'd be more interested in that than pretty much anything else they could remake at this point.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Important things y'all are ignoring:

Mopeds!

I can't even tell what's happening in these battle shots. I see Hero summoning Ame no Uzume, and Chie wearing some pink ballet outfit? And Yukiko dressed as some kind of... Santa?

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
^^ Man, are they bringing P3's special outfits into P4? That'll be interesting.

Dragonatrix posted:

At this point it's pretty obvious that after P4P the next thing Atlus is gonna do is remake Eternal Punishment. I just hope they don't do that and actually make either P5, Raidou 3 or SMT5 instead of remaking poo poo again and again and again.

But if they must remake something, Soul Hackers is a drat good candidate. I'd be more interested in that than pretty much anything else they could remake at this point.

They've got to remake EP considering the plan was to put IS and EP into the same game, but they didn't have the space. It'd be a bit of a dick move to make one half of P2 but not the other.

That said, I do wish they'd get to work on P5 already.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm thinking Harajuku exchange student, really.

I don't know dude, that's a fairly un-Japanese name in a game otherwise populated by nothing but.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Marie/Mary looks like the lost love child of the Persona 4 protagonist and Catherine, to me.

More importantly, is that the P4MC and Yosuke on mopeds in the second picture? I'm calling it now, illegal street racing hot moped action minigame.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dragonatrix posted:

I would kill for a Raidou 3 right now, honestly.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

tooooooo bad posted:

I don't know dude, that's a fairly un-Japanese name in a game otherwise populated by nothing but.
I suspect it's her nickname. It's the only name listed there after all, not that and a last name or anything.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I suspect it's her nickname. It's the only name listed there after all, not that and a last name or anything.

You might be right. And in your favor, her hair isn't blonde or red or anything and I think that's some kind of anime rule for foreign characters.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

tooooooo bad posted:

You might be right. And in your favor, her hair isn't blonde or red or anything and I think that's some kind of anime rule for foreign characters.
Yeah exactly, it didn't occur to me for a second that she would be foreign (western anyway), the Japanese WILL NOT ACKNOWLEDGE that westerners can have dark hair too.

Also I don't think they associate that kind of clothes with the west either, rather with specific places in Tokyo.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Hmmmmm this thread has 138 new replies I should go check on it--

quote:

fighting game

:stare:

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I was going through the title list in DS:OC, and when they say "Finish without any deaths" does that mean without anyone in your party getting KO'd, or not saving anyone from their death clock?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fooley posted:

I was going through the title list in DS:OC, and when they say "Finish without any deaths" does that mean without anyone in your party getting KO'd, or not saving anyone from their death clock?

The former.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

quote:

P4P and Persona fighting game

:wtc: Well poo poo, I guess I'm gonna have to get a Vita now.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

TurnipFritter posted:

Important things y'all are ignoring:

Mopeds!

I can't even tell what's happening in these battle shots. I see Hero summoning Ame no Uzume, and Chie wearing some pink ballet outfit? And Yukiko dressed as some kind of... Santa?
If I can make Teddie wear his fabulous outfit inside of dungeons then I guess I'm going to have to buy a Vita. Those scenes with Yosuke though are pretty interesting, looks like he finally found the money to buy that motorcycle. Have to say the most important detail I'm noticing is that on the persona fusion screen the inherited skills are "blank", please tell me this means they're using Devil Survivor's system for skill inheritance.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 31, 2011

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So if the fighting game is made by the Blazblue people, I guess we can expect some crazy long story mode? Should be interesting if they have the Persona writers write the actual story. A fighting game. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. :psyduck:

(I'm probably going to buy it Day 1)

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Policenaut posted:

Holy crap this Aigis shot is so awesome!
Oh, and knock it off with all the replies. I went away for 45 mins and come back to 70 new posts!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Axle_Stukov posted:

If I can make Teddie wear his fabulous outfit inside of dungeons then I guess I'm going to have to buy a Vita.
Those scenes with Yosuke though are pretty interesting, looks like he finally found the money to buy that motorcycle.
Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of. Either that or his Alice costume. Really all the guys should have their cross-dressing clothes for dungeon crawling.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, I don't want Marilyn Monroe Kanji to even be an option, the mere thought horrifies me.

I'm just kidding, if it has really good armor I'll use it.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Ok nevermind the fabulous outfit, I better be able to have Teddie wear what he's wearing here.
Looks like the roster for the fighter so far is : Minato, Yu, Chie, Aegis, and Yosuke. Not sure on who the Emperor person is, the image is way to whited out to tell if it's Kanji or Akihiko.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I see popped collar so it's most likely Kanji.

EDIT: I completely forgot the game is set two years later. Who said they'd have the exact same costumes as before?

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 31, 2011