Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^

Lord Gaga posted:

I'd go, where abouts are you?

UCF.

e: poo poo, new page. Well, more Orlando I guess. This place is a troll hole for lovely cars. Here's a car I didn't think anyone would "customize". I was so dumb to think there were cars people wouldn't poo poo all over.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2600654601.html

Click for big.

salt the fries! fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coinstarpatrick
May 21, 2007

by T. Finn

"Asking $7000, no lowball offers!"

Why do people think their E30's with over 180k are worth this much? Insanity, I wonder how long it will take for this individual to come down to a reasonable price ($2000-2500?).

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

coinstarpatrick posted:

Why do people think their E30's with over 180k are worth this much? Insanity, I wonder how long it will take for this individual to come down to a reasonable price ($2000-2500?).

It doesn't even have nicer rims. It is really a plain e30 really.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

More hilarious are the AE86 owners who clearly just had the car as a terribly abused econobox with no concept that it was desirable whatsoever and had a silly ricer tax. I think the average person values any bmw as 'nicer than average' and thinks any 80s toyota's worth is less than $500. You can always spot the awesome AE86 ads that are like "230,000 miles, great on gas, new CD player, automatic transmission, $10,000!".

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Its only $1000, and I'm half considering getting it. It looks like it would be a blast to destroy.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
I am posting this just because I saw it driving down town a few weeks ago.
Goddamn retard couldn't even keep the thing between the lines. It was terrifying and hysterical at the same time.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2595459448.html

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2610849991.html

quote:

FS Great Car - $1800 (Antioch)

I have a great car for sale. It ran really good the last time I started it 5 years ago. It caught on fire and burnt to a crisp last week. Would make a great project car. Interior is clean and just there. Although it is charbroiled black. I also have a clean rebuilt title. It is at my moms in Pakistan though. The tires were awesome before the fire. My wife says I have too many projects. I will consider a trade for semi built 4x4 though. Text me and I might get back to you or I might not.

This has to be a joke. Doesn't mention the make or model of the car, says its great except it hasn't started in 5 years and was engulfed in flames. I nominated for "best of".

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Tai-Pan posted:

Goddamn retard couldn't even keep the thing between the lines. It was terrifying and hysterical at the same time.

Over $15k invested last year, but he still needs $8500 to pay off the loan - that's some good money management skills.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

MomJeans420 posted:

Over $15k invested last year, but he still needs $8500 to pay off the loan - that's some good money management skills.
You think he paid cash for any of those upgrades? Ha

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I actually want to buy this. Sure the price is ridiculous but I bet the car would be hilarious

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Don't know much about these things but looks pretty neat.

http://www.global-auto.ne.jp/stock/public_model_home.php?model=TOYOTA

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I want this thing. Bad.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

MrKatharsis posted:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2610849991.html

This has to be a joke. Doesn't mention the make or model of the car, says its great except it hasn't started in 5 years and was engulfed in flames. I nominated for "best of".

There is literally zero chance that's serious.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I want this thing. Bad.

That is beautiful. I saw another LSx swapped Z at a track weekend a while back and it made me really want to build one. This isn't helping.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
"I have to get something that looks a little more mainstream" love that line in this ad. I was wondering where this VW Scirocco would show up after sitting at a classic car dealer for years. Asking price is less than the dealer IIRC and it was a barn find then.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2611067356.html

Tongsy
Aug 22, 2007

dissss posted:

I actually want to buy this. Sure the price is ridiculous but I bet the car would be hilarious

I bet this thing is a good amount of fun to drive.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

Tai-Pan posted:

Train horn, of course. I want to punch this guy in the loving face

MesquiteLog
Dec 8, 2009

heat posted:

I want to punch this guy in the loving face

Line starts behind me.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Anyone have experience with 1st gen celicas? Made plans to check this guy out on Sat. He's asking $2200 firm.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

A MIRACLE posted:

Anyone have experience with 1st gen celicas? Made plans to check this guy out on Sat. He's asking $2200 firm.
Fuzzkill (He hasn't been around much) put a GM 3.8 Supercharged into one. If any one can find him, that's the guy to talk to.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MATLAB 1988 posted:

"I have to get something that looks a little more mainstream" love that line in this ad. I was wondering where this VW Scirocco would show up after sitting at a classic car dealer for years. Asking price is less than the dealer IIRC and it was a barn find then.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2611067356.html

HOLY gently caress I REMEMBER THAT CAR!

It looks like Country Classic Cars sold it to some poor fool for too much money (seriously, CCC's prices are loving high for what they have). I used to hit CCC up for ogling and "test drives" when I was going to Jacksonville for college.

That thing's interior is hilarious and the car itself is the funniest thing I've ever driven.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Fuzzkill (He hasn't been around much) put a GM 3.8 Supercharged into one. If any one can find him, that's the guy to talk to.

IIRC that was a Corolla.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Professor Bling posted:

It looks like Country Classic Cars sold it to some poor fool for too much money (seriously, CCC's prices are loving high for what they have). I used to hit CCC up for ogling and "test drives" when I was going to Jacksonville for college.

That thing's interior is hilarious and the car itself is the funniest thing I've ever driven.

No poo poo they're high. I want this: http://countryclassiccars.com/cars/spcars/spcars_213.htm real fuckin' bad, but it's worth about $2100, tops. I don't live down there anymore, but I want to send my dad in with a NADA appraisal and $2500 and see what happens.

tween_spirit
Apr 12, 2006

////I WANT
&&TO EXIST
Going back to CT this weekend and I really want to go check this out, I feel like it'll go pretty quickly at that price.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

A MIRACLE posted:

I have one. Its a simple car that rusts from every direction. Mine is more rust than car at this point, I am going to have to do a lot of welding.

So be very careful with rust when you go see it. I had one that looked great from the top but had been parked on grass with a tarp over it for 10 years. It rusted out from the bottom and then the suspension mounts broke off while trailering it.

They have 20R engines, which is the same as the truck. They are very small and narrow, so make sure you can fit in it.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

blindjoe posted:

I have one. Its a simple car that rusts from every direction. Mine is more rust than car at this point, I am going to have to do a lot of welding.

So be very careful with rust when you go see it. I had one that looked great from the top but had been parked on grass with a tarp over it for 10 years. It rusted out from the bottom and then the suspension mounts broke off while trailering it.

They have 20R engines, which is the same as the truck. They are very small and narrow, so make sure you can fit in it.

Awesome, if I buy one I'm definitely going to be hitting you up for tips.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.

Professor Bling posted:

Ludicrous prices at CCC? Why, for only $6k you can purchase a quality Renault Alliance convertible!

I see the next owner hellaflushing the poo poo out the crazy Scirocco now that someone poured money into it, but that wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A MIRACLE posted:

The floors will rust if you spill a glass of water next to the car. If the floorboards are rusty walk away.

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

tween_spirit posted:

Going back to CT this weekend and I really want to go check this out, I feel like it'll go pretty quickly at that price.

BMW 320i

This was my first car. Well, mine was an 82 titled as an 83, which was an issue when it came time to replacing the drive shaft.

Check all the rubber bits you can. Vac hoses under the hood, and if you can get under the car the flex disk between the tranny and drive shaft, and the guibo-jigger that supports the drive shaft in the tunnel. These things are annoying to replace, and are wear items.

Clearance between things on the underside of the car is a complete pain in the rear end. Outside of the fact that they crammed things too closely together, the car is pretty easy to work on. It is not however fast. It feels fast though because its small and drives kinda like a go-kart.

The engine is an m10, not e21. e21 is the model code for the 3 series between 77 and 83 by the way. m10's are stupidly hard to kill. Mine wasn't making contact between the head and the headgasket in 3 spots due to someone not bothering with proper coolant and using straight water instead before I got it. I had a buddy who ran one on 3 cylinders for a couple years before he replaced it with an m42 (don't do this unless you're good at custom fab work. I'm not).

In short, I'd kinda love to have one again. I'd offer $1500 if everything checks out. No one collects these except really weird people, and people with 2002s steal parts from them all the time (namely 5-speeds and limited slip diffs).

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Can you critique this one?:
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/2605517151.html

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Can you critique this one?:
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/2605517151.html

That's a lovely and pristine looking example. I'd be willing and happy to pay for that one provided the rubber in the driveline is in good shape. Hell, I'd probably buy it even if it wasn't, since he took care of the gas tanks. It also has bitchin euro bumpers, and the install job was good. Those suckers from what I recall were around $200 a piece. The recaro front seats are also really nice pieces and quite pricy to try and get aftermarket.

A little worried about the engine knock at high rpm though. I've not heard of that symptom before. Could be something as simple as motor mounts, or the engine might need to be rebuilt with new bearings...

It's worth noting I guess that the 83 had a weaker 3 piece transmission, and the 80-82 had the "stronger" 2 piece 5 speed. But if you're not going to push more than 200hp through it, it shouldn't be a problem. And these cars only make 105ish stock on a good day, so you should be pretty safe.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BetaTested posted:

That's a lovely and pristine looking example. I'd be willing and happy to pay for that one provided the rubber in the driveline is in good shape. Hell, I'd probably buy it even if it wasn't, since he took care of the gas tanks.

The body is in good shape, which is nice around here. I'm surprised that he didn't have that dent on the door pulled - couldn't be more than 100 give how simple the curve is there. I asked and he doesn't know about the guibo. Might be easy enough to feel if it's really sloppy if I end up seeing it. A few people are interested and one guy seeing it before me tomorrow.

The 1" spacers to run those wheels concerns me. I couldn't get a straight answer about if he was running superlong lugbolts to reach the hub. I assume you'd have to. On a 2400lb car, maybe it wouldn't be as bad, but still, 1" spacers.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

Rhyno posted:

The floors will rust if you spill a glass of water next to the car. If the floorboards are rusty walk away.

After I get married and get my garage cleaned up, Ill start a project thread. And everyone can laugh at me for wasting my time on a car I should be scrapping.

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

The body is in good shape, which is nice around here. I'm surprised that he didn't have that dent on the door pulled - couldn't be more than 100 give how simple the curve is there. I asked and he doesn't know about the guibo. Might be easy enough to feel if it's really sloppy if I end up seeing it. A few people are interested and one guy seeing it before me tomorrow.

The 1" spacers to run those wheels concerns me. I couldn't get a straight answer about if he was running superlong lugbolts to reach the hub. I assume you'd have to. On a 2400lb car, maybe it wouldn't be as bad, but still, 1" spacers.

Yeah, the sad news about aftermarket wheels on e21s is that they typically don't work well. You can find some nice ones that will work without spacers, but you have to look around for a while.

I'd be worried about the lugbolts as well. Lugbolts are soooo annoying to deal with anyway :(

You'll know pretty easily if there is an issue with the guibo when you take it for a test drive. If you accellerate hard and there's an awesome pounding knocking kind of sound coming from the trans tunnel the rubber has worn out. (http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticles/E36-Guibo/E36-Guibo.htm figures 9, 10, and 16 are pictures of what I'm talking about. Guess I'm calling it the wrong thing. Yes I know it's for an e36, but the same kind of crap is under an e21)

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Not necessarily. With a 1" spacer, I would bet that they are the style that uses 2x the number of bolts normally needed. Half will be recessed into the spacer, and fasten the spacer to the hub. The other half will be recessed into the other side of the spacer facing the other direction, and are the "studs" that the wheel gets mounted onto. Like this:

Also:

:stare:

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

BetaTested posted:

Yeah, the sad news about aftermarket wheels on e21s is that they typically don't work well. You can find some nice ones that will work without spacers, but you have to look around for a while.

It's not so bad nowadays. The 4x100 wheels market has grown pretty huge in the last couple of years. Even stuff that looks at home on a bmw :v:

You know it's pretty funny but you have to thank honda kids and rota for getting the other wheel companies' attention on that note. It wasn't too long ago that there were no wheels under like 2 grand in certain low offsets. Then, the slipstreams came, and the rest is hellaflush history.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

Been in the same family since new, not by choice.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ooh, only 500 bucks, somebody talk me out of it!

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1972-Dodge-Charger-W0QQAdIdZ316692088

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Powershift posted:

Ooh, only 500 bucks, somebody talk me out of it!

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1972-Dodge-Charger-W0QQAdIdZ316692088

Buy a Sawzall, remove the roof. Put remainder of car on a RAM 1500 frame with 36 inch tires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Can't stop laughing at this. This is a literal pile of rust and junk.