Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

http://www.back2gaming.com/news/vanguard-princess-coming-to-the-west-for-pc-and-xbox-live/

Well... can't say I really saw this coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Dias posted:

Anyone gonna play Tekken Tag 2? I know you lot are allergic to 3D fighters, but Tekken Tag is pretty fast-paced and actually entertaining to watch. Unfortunately, my low-tier bitch condition flared up and Jun/Asuka apparently suck in this game. Not that Jun was good in TTT, quite the opposite. Fuckin' Mishimas.

I will definitely be playing. I'm still scrubby as hell in T6 but I have access to some good local players so hopefully I can level up more in preparation for TTT2. To further amplify the stereotype Brosnan posted I'm most likely going to be playing Jin/Jun because I am a horrible person with no clue that hates everything that has to do with making good rational decisions regarding character picks.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Speaking of anime FGs, i was derping around on japanese sites looking for PSP VITA stuff and saw this.

I don't know if its actually a vita game but i was wondering if someone could identify this game.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Ougon musou kyoku. It's for PC and 360.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
The only anime fighting game worth a drat is Arm Joe, the Les Miserables fighting game.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

El Estrago Bonito posted:

the Les Miserables fighting game.

Is it based on the Victor Hugo novel?

Edit: I have a question for the Tekken players. (I don't play seriously.) Is Raiden a legit character? A friend said he is cheap, at least in 5.

JesusLovesRonwell fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 7, 2011

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Edit: I have a question for the Tekken players. (I don't play seriously.) Is Raiden a legit character? A friend said he is cheap, at least in 5.

Raiden is a Mortal Kombat character

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Is a Mortal Kombat, Tekken, King of Fighters, Virtual On, Metal Gear Solid, and shmup character. There are a lot of Raidens.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

40 OZ posted:

Speaking of anime FGs, i was derping around on japanese sites looking for PSP VITA stuff and saw this.

Looks pretty plays poorly, it is on the 360 and PC it might be on the Vita too.

If you ever play it with some anime friends pick 2 of these 3 characters, Lucifer,Eva,Ange even after being nerfed a million times they are still too good.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I like how they have a character named "Battler" that isn't even a robot.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

The characters are all from a VN.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

whip posted:

Did they do any fighting games at all after they dropped Tekken?

They did some MK-related stuff, including an online-only tournament with KOTH rules and a ridiculous pot (like $12k or something, from memory).

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

Goons posted:

GRRRLZ AND COMINT ABOUT GRRLZ IN MY SOCAL FIGHTING GAEMZ

On a serious note, is it true that Sherry's actually getting better at SSF4? Kayo's been 50-50 if you've seen her Nico streams (She had some salty faces that rival Ross's when she loses), and when was the last time Kayane actually played in a tourney?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
IIRC Kayane is focusing mostly on Soul Calibur with SC5 coming out soon.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Hoping the netcode for TTT2 is good~

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Schmendrick posted:

On a serious note, is it true that Sherry's actually getting better at SSF4?
She beat Combofiend's Oni at a WNF a couple of months back. This weekend she got second in teams to Justin/Dieminion/Noel... with Wolfkrone and PR Balrog as partners.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Yes.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

Schmendrick posted:

On a serious note, is it true that Sherry's actually getting better at SSF4? Kayo's been 50-50 if you've seen her Nico streams (She had some salty faces that rival Ross's when she loses), and when was the last time Kayane actually played in a tourney?
She did quite well at CC2011 and I believe she did quite well in her money matches as well. Think quite a few guys lost money to her thinking it'd be an easy win. Her execution has really improved.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oUR2RNw9bc (kinda crumbled under pressure at the very end, but very respectable and this was loser's finals in her pool, iirc)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP2NcgpkFHI (casuals against MOV)

genki fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 7, 2011

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Yes.

Or if you're not really a big fan of guys with gratingly loud voices, here's a better video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ING9kPgEU

I'd love to see this be a gimmick side tournament somewhere.

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008

PalmTreeFun posted:

Or if you're not really a big fan of guys with gratingly loud voices, here's a better video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ING9kPgEU

I'd love to see this be a gimmick side tournament somewhere.

Robot Valjean ? A rabbit ? drat, what did I read in high school ?

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Schmendrick posted:

On a serious note, is it true that Sherry's actually getting better at SSF4?

She's been playing non-stop for almost 3 years and traveling to lots of tournies.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

PalmTreeFun posted:

Is a Mortal Kombat, Tekken, King of Fighters, Virtual On, Metal Gear Solid, and shmup character. There are a lot of Raidens.

Except there isn't a Raiden in Tekken.

Speaking of Tekken, since there's no Tekken thread and there are others like me who are excited for TTT2, if you are new to Tekken then this post is pretty much the best possible introduction to TTT2/Tekken in general there is (that I've found) and everyone should read it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443772

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 7, 2011

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
:siren: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShintairikuKumagaya :siren:

Lots and lots of TTT2 footage here + good matches

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Monaghan posted:

chris hu accent just makes his commentary even more funny in my opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diHkCGthGF8
its loud so may want to turn down the volume.

These money matches vs Daigo is the most classic of Chris Hu commentary. "I play best Balrog in Japan, WHO ARE YOU?"

PR Balrog vs Daigo
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8-TWNJJ9Pg
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJcSsr3FcFI

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

Looks pretty plays poorly, it is on the 360 and PC it might be on the Vita too.

If you ever play it with some anime friends pick 2 of these 3 characters, Lucifer,Eva,Ange even after being nerfed a million times they are still too good.

It doesn't really play bad at all. It's not super original or exciting, but it works okay and is reasonably fun. If you like the series the game is based on, you'll probably like the game.

Also Ange is kinda meh? At least in recent versions anyway. Stun is pretty weak in general in Ougon (damage scaling doesn't reset), and Ange's moveset is pretty mediocre to begin with. I didn't play any of the really early versions of the game though and I guess damage scaling was different back then.

Eva/Lucifer sure, they're both real good.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
Does anyone know whats up with the next Melty Blood?

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It doesn't really play bad at all. It's not super original or exciting, but it works okay and is reasonably fun.

Is this Ougon game region locked on 360? Is the PC version the same as the 360? Is there netplay?

I don't really play anime games but I like getting my hands on every fighting game i can.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 7, 2011

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Cinroth posted:

Speaking of Tekken, since there's no Tekken thread and there are others like me who are excited for TTT2, if you are new to Tekken then this post is pretty much the best possible introduction to TTT2/Tekken in general there is (that I've found) and everyone should read it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443772

Hot drat. Gotta give Neogaf credit. They go all out on OPs for major games.

EDIT: Super stoked for S-tier Hwoarang. Sit on defeated opponents every day.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 7, 2011

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

40 OZ posted:

Does anyone know whats up with the next Melty Blood?

Is it region locked on 360? Is the PC version the same as the 360? Is there netplay?

I don't really play anime games but I like getting my hands on every fighting game i can.

We just found out today there's a PC demo coming out Dec. 12th! Supposedly it's coming with netplay enabled to help the devs test it out.

I'm not sure about any 360 release of it, but it's coming to PC on Dec. 31, packaged with Carnival Phantasm Season 3.

There's supposed to be some announcement on Dec. 10th from the devs as well.

The only problem is how much getting it will cost...

Hopefully the devs figure out some other option so I can buy it without having to blow $170+ :smith:

e: If you're good at reading moonrunes, all the info is here

e2: The characters in the trial will be Sion, Vsion, Arc, and WArc

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 7, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

40 OZ posted:

Is it region locked on 360? Is the PC version the same as the 360? Is there netplay?

Yes the 360 version is region locked. The PC version is an older version that's missing a couple of characters, but there's an expansion coming out in December that will include them and a bunch of other new characters. Dunno if there's an expansion planned for the 360 version or not yet.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Are the arcade and console versions of TTT2 identical? Balance-wise and stuff?

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yes the 360 version is region locked. The PC version is an older version that's missing a couple of characters

Aw, heck. Somehow I figured as much.

interrodactyl posted:

We just found out today there's a PC demo coming out Dec. 12th! Supposedly it's coming with netplay enabled to help the devs test it out.

I'm not sure about any 360 release of it, but it's coming to PC on Dec. 31, packaged with Carnival Phantasm Season 3.

There's supposed to be some announcement on Dec. 10th from the devs as well.

The only problem is how much getting it will cost...

Hopefully the devs figure out some other option so I can buy it without having to blow $170+ :smith:

e: If you're good at reading moonrunes, all the info is here

Hell Yes, thanks. I played MB against humans like twice but that game seemed to have more meat to it than any anime FG i've played.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

interrodactyl posted:

Yay, VSion.

Wait, isn't there any chance they can get this on Steam or something? I mean, it's coming out for PC.

Dias fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 7, 2011

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Anyone thinking of getting KoF13 or some other games, Amazon is running a buy one get one half off sale for lots of poo poo, and UMvC3 and KoF13 are both on the list. Maybe get some holiday shopping done and get a good game at the same time!

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Jmcrofts posted:

Are the arcade and console versions of TTT2 identical? Balance-wise and stuff?

There isn't a console ver of TTT2 yet, only prologue which is a sample. I'm sure they will be identical but the only thing I've noticed different about Tekken 6 arcade and console is that on customization there is a ki color missing (Black)

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Also Ange is kinda meh? At least in recent versions anyway. Stun is pretty weak in general in Ougon (damage scaling doesn't reset), and Ange's moveset is pretty mediocre to begin with. I didn't play any of the really early versions of the game though and I guess damage scaling was different back then.

Ange has a unblockable after sweep, and her projectiles don't go away when she gets hit. They nerfed the speed of her projectiles over and over again. I think how good Ange is really depends on the matchup if they don't have a good tool to get in and if they don't have a good reversal they are in big trouble.

My general gameplan right now is lucifer on point, once I actually get a solid hit tag out combo end in lv2 super for instant stun(well it depends otherwise I'll just sweep), jump in 1-2-sweep, cancel as late as possible 214 A, dash suplex, if you jump you get hit if you hit me you get hit, if you backdash you get hit, if you stand still you get thrown. Reversaling out works but those arn't super abundant in Ougon.

I'm still kinda mad they never fixed Lucifers infinite in the corner the one that used 5A,j.C over and over and over again.

How do you feel about Jessica she feels alright to me, I havn't played it too much after she came out though.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

My general gameplan right now is lucifer on point, once I actually get a solid hit tag out combo end in lv2 super for instant stun(well it depends otherwise I'll just sweep), jump in 1-2-sweep, cancel as late as possible 214 A, dash suplex, if you jump you get hit if you hit me you get hit, if you backdash you get hit, if you stand still you get thrown. Reversaling out works but those arn't super abundant in Ougon.

I don't think you can repeat the unblockable setup though can you? It's not really that much damage to eat by itself unless I'm missing something. Also, isn't 236S a reversal?

I haven't touched Jessica at all yet, KoF13 came out and all that. :I

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I don't think you can repeat the unblockable setup though can you? It's not really that much damage to eat by itself unless I'm missing something. Also, isn't 236S a reversal?

It depends, if they mashed/jumped out then 214A hits then you just sweep. 236S trades with the 214A, and is a valid escape out sorta but you put yourself at range against Ange which normally isn't a good idea not to mention if Ange predicts a 236S or a backdash your in trouble.

I meant like a reversal that gets you out of the way,214A's hitbox lasts forever. It's a bonus like anywhere from 500-1k damage and still leads into Ange's really strong oki game. It's pretty much guaranteed damage, with the only real escape being to eat the grapple(which you could super grapple instead), or to backdash which if you predict it you can just sweep then setup again. What makes the setup so scary is you can just instead of going for the 100% chance of damage block one of their escape attempts instead and do big damage and set it up again.

I guess I shouldn't say unblockable and more say completely bullshit oki she gets off sweep.

But yeah KOF13, I really only played Ougon when people weren't up for Soku and all the Tv's were being used.

ShinsoBEAM! fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 7, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I'll have to mess with it some more next time I play. I didn't give it too much credit at the time because the damage from the throw is pretty low by itself, and I felt like other characters could get better guaranteed damage with regular combos than Ange could settling for resets.

Do you usually just leave her in long enough to do her dumb oki and then get her back out again? Maybe my mistake was using her on point too much.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Yes.

That is just ridiculous.

Cinroth posted:

OH poo poo! I meant Raven, not Raiden. Sorry. (I should have just said Blade.) Anyway, is Raven legit? I'm only asking because a friend got salty after I kept winning with RAVEN against his... Hong Kong Cop character (Lei Wu Long?) Raven seems pretty cool. He kind of makes me want to start playing Tekken. I have 5 for the PSN. Is 6 good, or should I just wait for TTT2?

JesusLovesRonwell fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Yes.

I downloaded this game and I have to say: The Policeman is the most fun character ever put in a game, any game.

If you haven't, check him out.

E: He has Hadoukens, Shoryukens, Genocide Cutters, Zan Retsukens, and Shun Goku Satsus.

Oh, and when he wins he does the constipated Akuma pose.

Workaday Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 7, 2011

• Locked thread