Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The game doesn't really look that bad, it's mostly just the being a blatant rip-off factor, and the weird pre-rendered 3D sprites. Some bad sound effects as well, but nothing real terrible.

Though the damage output and meter gain is completely hosed up from the looks of it, but that can easily just be beta related issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
Again like I said Tencent is a good company, game will probably be pretty darn good. Tencent patches their games to death normally, so the meter/damage problems will go away, however expect it to have like monthly balance patches.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys, remember Skullgirls? I know, it's been a while.

Anyway, have a bunch of videos.
Here is this week's friday night fight, probably the best one yet in my opinion.

Here is Mike Z walking through Painwheel. She's such a sick character, I can't wait for everyone to get to play her. part 2 here

Finally, Here a video of creative director Alex Ahad and Mike talking more about Painwheel's backstory, and a bunch of talk about her artistic direction, if you're into that sort of thing.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!
Hey who's going to SCR? If you are there try and find me so we can play a Ultimate Fighting Game IV: Arcade Edition: CS Tag Tournament 2

I will be a tall white bald dude wearing glasses! There can't be that many tall bald white men in the FGC so I should stick out!

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Popehoist's official guide to MB, part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Z4gmcoh_E&t=220s

See this? Don't do this.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

Jmcrofts posted:

Hey guys, remember Skullgirls? I know, it's been a while.

Anyway, have a bunch of videos.
Here is this week's friday night fight, probably the best one yet in my opinion.

Here is Mike Z walking through Painwheel. She's such a sick character, I can't wait for everyone to get to play her. part 2 here

Finally, Here a video of creative director Alex Ahad and Mike talking more about Painwheel's backstory, and a bunch of talk about her artistic direction, if you're into that sort of thing.

oh mansies this game looks so good. can't wait. die, capcom! die!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Popehoist posted:

See this? Don't do this.

So did this game ever get released on a platform besides arcade?

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

Tencent patches their games to death normally, so the meter/damage problems will go away, however expect it to have like monthly balance patches.

:/ Patching their games to death isn't really a point in their favour. I mean, I think I know what you mean- they care about the product- but constant "balance patches" sounds like it's just going to result in nerfing whoever is flavour of the month.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

So did this game ever get released on a platform besides arcade?

PS2, and there's a PC release soon (this month I think?). Both are import only.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
There was a demo of the PC version that was supposed to be out a few days ago but it got delayed for netcode reasons so who knows when it'll come out.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
The man behind Street Fighter, the very first one, did an interview with 1up.
http://www.1up.com/features/the-man-who-created-street-fighter

Some pretty cool stuff in there.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

UberChair posted:

I will be a tall white bald dude wearing glasses! There can't be that many tall bald white men in the FGC so I should stick out!

i'm the tall balding white dude with a beard and moustache so yes we will be able to find each other easily

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Honest Thief posted:

The man behind Street Fighter, the very first one, did an interview with 1up.
http://www.1up.com/features/the-man-who-created-street-fighter

Some pretty cool stuff in there.

Pretty cool that he opted not to mention that Capcom supervisor's name because he's deceased and didn't want to be insensitive to his family

So..Much..Honor~ :japan:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

P. random question but does anyone have that special kung-fu technique of wrapping up the chord for the TE-S to fit into it's little cubby hole? I always gently caress it up and end up having to smash it in and shove the lid closed. I'm terrible at wrapping up chords.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

Nerokerubina posted:

i'm the tall balding white dude with a beard and moustache so yes we will be able to find each other easily
If we want to play Goon Hide amd Seek I have an orange shirt and the prequisite facial hair

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Popehoist posted:

See this? Don't do this.

part 2:

Don't ground tech.

Strong Convections posted:

:/ Patching their games to death isn't really a point in their favour. I mean, I think I know what you mean- they care about the product- but constant "balance patches" sounds like it's just going to result in nerfing whoever is flavour of the month.

Nahh they tend to get screamed at more on the forums for not doing that more then they do it. I'm not a big fan of constant patching but knowing the way they do games that is probably the way it is going to be.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

boxcarhobo posted:

P. random question but does anyone have that special kung-fu technique of wrapping up the chord for the TE-S to fit into it's little cubby hole? I always gently caress it up and end up having to smash it in and shove the lid closed. I'm terrible at wrapping up chords.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

whip posted:

:stare: I must learn how to do that.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

boxcarhobo posted:

I just take the cord at full length then fold it in half repeatedly until it's small enough

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N_sR03ox0Q&t=168s

Amazing evade!

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

boxcarhobo posted:

I would rebuy the TE if they put a cord retracting mechanism into a new version :(

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I made top 8 in skullgirls. I was the gooniest looking motherfucker who played the really lovely solo peacock. Sorry for "looking like a melty player" I guess.

I'm garbage and the only reason i can beat anyone is because people don't have their combos down, Solo Peacock is a horrible idea and nobody (including me) should do it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
How many people entered?

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

Nerokerubina posted:

I made top 8 in skullgirls. I was the gooniest looking motherfucker who played the really lovely solo peacock. Sorry for "looking like a melty player" I guess.

I'm garbage and the only reason i can beat anyone is because people don't have their combos down, Solo Peacock is a horrible idea and nobody (including me) should do it.

Does Skullgirls own

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Solo Cerebella, on the other hand, would be motherfucking scary.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

Countblanc posted:

How many people entered?

77 according to the wtitter, it was free entry tho so not everyone showed up.

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

Does Skullgirls own

yes

I eliminated fanatiq, he outplayed me like a thousandfold but doesn't have his combos and punishes and stuff down yet, i deserved to lose like a billion times I hope he wasn't too salty!!!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Nerokerubina posted:

Hey man, I remember you from Evo! Good poo poo coming out to both that and SCR and playing skullgirls, grats on making top 8, hope you had fun.

And I heard from mike that around 80 people entered.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nerokerubina posted:

I eliminated fanatiq, he outplayed me like a thousandfold but doesn't have his combos and punishes and stuff down yet, i deserved to lose like a billion times I hope he wasn't too salty!!!
I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure he talked poo poo about you on stream, good job :)

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

The Rokstar posted:

I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure he talked poo poo about you on stream, good job :)

I went up to him right after i lost and told him that he outplayed me and that I was a complete fraud (this is true).

Jmcrofts posted:

Hey man, I remember you from Evo! Good poo poo coming out to both that and SCR and playing skullgirls, grats on making top 8, hope you had fun.

thanks! Skullgirls is great, I don't go to a lot of tournaments because i'm super garbage at most game but heading out for Skullgirls is a ton of fun (and it helps that scr was like a ten minute drive down the road).

edit: I guess valentine's supposed to be playable tommorow (i heard she wasn't "tournament ready" yet) so i'll check that out while i pick up my opulent skullgirls prize winnings of Ten American Dollars.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
Cool things I noticed from the stream today:

- Whoever has the current life lead has *LEADER* on top of the life bar which makes sense when you have different characters numbers on each team
- A red/green traffic signal that shows when you can/can't call assists
- Game still owns

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
What's a good stick for playing Tekken? I got this on my mind, but if there's anything better, then let me know.

whip posted:

Anyone wanna play some Tekken online? My PSN is Channin

Yo, I'll add you later today. I'm gonna be busy tonight so maybe we'll play tomorrow night. My PSN is pretty much the same as my SA username, so you'll know when I add you.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 18, 2011

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

uncleKitchener posted:

What's a good stick for playing Tekken? I got this on my mind, but if there's anything better, then let me know.

Yo, I'll add you later today. I'm gonna be busy tonight so maybe tomorrow night. My PSN is pretty much the same as my SA username, so you'll know when I add you.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2011/10/13/atp-review-of-the-eightarc-fusion-arcade-stick.html

Give this a look which also has a video review~

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
So far they're all sold out. Do they ship to the UK or Europe? If not, then I could try and find an alternative that's close to the quality of this.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

uncleKitchener posted:

So far they're all sold out. Do they ship to the UK or Europe? If not, then I could try and find an alternative that's close to the quality of this.

I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA that is brand new. I play pad so stick didn't jive so well. It's all Sanwa parts but if you're willing to pay package+shipping from Atlanta, GA to you, it's yours~

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

whip posted:

I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA that is brand new. I play pad so stick didn't jive so well. It's all Sanwa parts but if you're willing to pay package+shipping from Atlanta, GA to you, it's yours~

A friend of mine already has a hori stick which he tends to lend to me from time to time, but if I ever need one, I'll def let you know. Atlanta's East coast, right?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The Melty Blood 1.07 PC demo is out, finally. Playable Arc, Warc, Sion and VSion only.
Official site, but it's down: http://meltyblood.info/?p=609
Mirror: http://tinyurl.com/mbaaccpc-demo

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

taser rates posted:

The Melty Blood 1.07 PC demo is out, finally. Playable Arc, Warc, Sion and VSion only.
Official site, but it's down: http://meltyblood.info/?p=609
Mirror: http://tinyurl.com/mbaaccpc-demo

Oh, hey, awesome. Too bad they really took a step back from MBAC with the control setup, though.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 18, 2011

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
General netplay consensus is that it's pretty great. Feels about the same as mbcaster to me, which for reference was on the same kinda level as bb netplay i guess? Don't do matchmaking though unless you want to play at delay 15 with japanese people, the matchmaking doesnt check latency or anything at all. Use direct connection with a friend or come to irc.mizuumi.net (europeans to #meltyblood.eu, everyone else to #mbaa)

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Anyone wanna take a screenshot of the default control setup for a 360 TE? I can't make heads or tails of this button config.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
It's pretty similar to Guilty Gear.

Mizuumi has a basic arcade setup.

• Locked thread