Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Can Plume sync with your contacts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Thermopyle, can you give a link to the blog version of Woofi? The market version has just up and stopped working for me and would like to try the other version.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

XIII posted:

Can Plume sync with your contacts?

Not at all, at least not yet. No clue if it's coming out after they add Facebook.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Dang. Well, guess I'll stick with the official app.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

ManMythLegend posted:

Thermopyle, can you give a link to the blog version of Woofi? The market version has just up and stopped working for me and would like to try the other version.

Latest beta version is here.

Please do let me know how it works for you.

Jobarr
Aug 12, 2000

Cardiovorax posted:

Are there device restrictions on this? I can neither find this on the market nor use the version downloaded from XDA on my SGS2.

I assume you have enabled "Unknown Sources"? That should be all you need to install the download version from XDA.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

BlueTesla posted:

Try this:
-Go to your merged contact
-Press your menu key
-See if there is a "separate contact" or something similar

Found it thanks! It was rediculously hidden under nested context menus. It shouldn't have been auto merged in the first place. Can I disable auto merge?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Jobarr posted:

I assume you have enabled "Unknown Sources"? That should be all you need to install the download version from XDA.
I do. I tried downloading the APK again with a different browser and for some reason it works now, despite me not changing anything. Maybe it was a bug with Firefox instead? I have no idea.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

Thanks. I'll play around with it and let you know.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
I'm on the lookout for an app that I can use my phone (galaxy S) as a touchpad mouse for my tablet (Galaxy Tab 10). I'm aware there are apps that do this for conventional PCs but has there been anything specific?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Anyone else here using Gentle Alarm with CM7? (have a Nexus one)

I've been experiencing an issue where the reboot animation shows up when I hit the snooze button, and this has never happened before in over a year or so of using this app. I guess it may be time for me to try a different alarm clock app. Alarm Clock Xtreme works pretty similarly, right?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

air- posted:

I've been experiencing an issue where the reboot animation shows up when I hit the snooze button, and this has never happened before in over a year or so of using this app. I guess it may be time for me to try a different alarm clock app. Alarm Clock Xtreme works pretty similarly, right?
Still using Gentle Alarm on an N1 running CM7. Any changes lately?

Edit: There've been no updates on the Amazon store but that might not be true on the Market. Assuming you haven't updated either the ROM or the app recently, I'd pull a logcat and email the dev.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 12, 2012

air-
Sep 24, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Still using Gentle Alarm on an N1 running CM7. Any changes lately?

Edit: There've been no updates on the Amazon store but that might not be true on the Market. Assuming you haven't updated either the ROM or the app recently, I'd pull a logcat and email the dev.

I'm running on the last official CM7 nightly (11/15 if I recall correctly) and I have whatever most recent version that is on Amazon's store (3.5.3AM). I'll go ahead and do that.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

air- posted:

I'm running on the last official CM7 nightly (11/15 if I recall correctly) and I have whatever most recent version that is on Amazon's store (3.5.3AM). I'll go ahead and do that.
And you didn't make any change over the last day or so (or whenever it started)? A kernel panic is an odd thing to just come up out of the blue. I'm on 7.1-stable and my uptime is 452:52:00 as of this post and I can't remember the last time I've had a crash. Something had to change.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!
A while back someone posted about an Android app to let anyone get a 50GB box.net account for free. I got it, signed up, and haven't used it since. I'm thinking about switching from Dropbox since I only have 3GB of storage and don't feel like paying for more. However I just discovered that box.net doesn't have a desktop client for local syncing unless you upgrade to an enterprise plan. That would be a deal breaker for me, so I'm wondering if there's a third party Windows client that will provide local syncing for box.net. I don't suppose anyone knows of such a thing?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

LastInLine posted:

And you didn't make any change over the last day or so (or whenever it started)? A kernel panic is an odd thing to just come up out of the blue. I'm on 7.1-stable and my uptime is 452:52:00 as of this post and I can't remember the last time I've had a crash. Something had to change.

It started earlier this week, like on Tuesday? Unless automatic app updates from the Market counts, I've made no changes. I'm first tempted to wipe and reinstall the nightly and see if that'll take care of it first.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

air- posted:

It started earlier this week, like on Tuesday? Unless automatic app updates from the Market counts, I've made no changes. I'm first tempted to wipe and reinstall the nightly and see if that'll take care of it first.
One thing I'd check first would be running services (Settings > Applications > Running Services) and see if anything that shouldn't be running is.

I imagine you're having no trouble reproducing the panic by setting a quick alarm for one minute from now then snoozing?

Obviously a wipe and reinstall isn't a big deal (except having to manually reset Gentle Alarm since restoring it with Titanium won't tell you much) since you can nandroid back but really this is quite perplexing since it was working and you're saying nothing changed.

It'd be nice if you could pull a log but honestly I can't remember how to do that after a panic.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

LastInLine posted:

It'd be nice if you could pull a log but honestly I can't remember how to do that after a panic.

If you ever remember, for the love of god post it here; mine hasn't stopped doing it daily and usually it results in a factory reset. I'd love to be able to see what the gently caress was going on when it happens.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Splizwarf posted:

If you ever remember, for the love of god post it here; mine hasn't stopped doing it daily and usually it results in a factory reset. I'd love to be able to see what the gently caress was going on when it happens.
From here:

CyanogenMod wiki posted:

The log that logcat pulls from does not survive reboots, however. For reports of reboot/restarting issues, attach/paste the file(s) at /proc/last_kmsg and/or /data/dontpanic/* Attach logcats as .txt, not .doc[x] or any other specialized format.
Spitzwarf, refresh my memory: what phone/ROM? It seemed like I'm remembering your issue as something I'm really unfamiliar with like a Motorola on Verizon or something.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

Ok, so the beta version, like the market one, won't turn my wifi back on if notifications are disabled. As soon as I turned notifications on it snaps to life and turns wifi on.

I haven't looked at the code or anything, so I have no idea what's happening behind the scenes with the notifications or why they only affect the app's ability to turn wifi back on.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Spitzwarf, refresh my memory: what phone/ROM? It seemed like I'm remembering your issue as something I'm really unfamiliar with like a Motorola on Verizon or something.

Dell Streak, on Dell's international version of Streak Gingerbread. It probably doesn't get a lot more unfamiliar if you're in the US, Dell ran exactly one commercial for one week; it was sold only in Best Buy and I've met one other owner in real life. :v: I think the only other owner here is Cakefool, and his is flawless.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

hooah posted:

Is there a decent free audio player that will play .aiff files?

I found one called TapeMachine Lite which works, but won't do playlists (since it's primarily a recording program). Any other ideas?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

LastInLine posted:

One thing I'd check first would be running services (Settings > Applications > Running Services) and see if anything that shouldn't be running is.

I imagine you're having no trouble reproducing the panic by setting a quick alarm for one minute from now then snoozing?

Obviously a wipe and reinstall isn't a big deal (except having to manually reset Gentle Alarm since restoring it with Titanium won't tell you much) since you can nandroid back but really this is quite perplexing since it was working and you're saying nothing changed.

Nothing out of the ordinary on the running services. And of course the panic is easily reproducible by doing exactly what you said. I'll give the wipe/reinstall a shot later today.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Splizwarf posted:

I think the only other owner here is Cakefool, and his is flawless.

Don't say it out loud. You said it out loud didn't you? :tinfoil:

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

ManMythLegend posted:

Ok, so the beta version, like the market one, won't turn my wifi back on if notifications are disabled. As soon as I turned notifications on it snaps to life and turns wifi on.

I haven't looked at the code or anything, so I have no idea what's happening behind the scenes with the notifications or why they only affect the app's ability to turn wifi back on.

Pretty odd. First report I've had of this. I'll look in to it...

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Don't say it out loud. You said it out loud didn't you? :tinfoil:

I theorize that your phone is stealing the life-force of my phone to make itself beautiful and limber.

Ketchupface
Aug 1, 2010
Hey, is there a gallery app that supports animated GIFs? I want to show my portfolio via my kindle fire and the stock gallery app just isn't cutting it. The fire's rooted, too, so the app doesn't have to be in the amazon appstore.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

air- posted:

I used Gentle Alarm a lot and liked it, but the setup can be a bitch sometimes.

Switched to Alarm Clock Extreme and prefer it over Gentle Alarm. Progressively harder math in the morning wakes my lazy rear end up for sure!

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

Just your run-of-the-mill bathroom tile.

air- posted:

I'm running CM7 stable on an HTC Incredible (with Gentle Alarm), and I am not encountering the issue you're facing. I hope you figure out what's going on.

JusCantST0PMe
Jul 19, 2006
This Time's For REAL!
So I just got a Samsung Gravity S II and I've been messing around with the AllShare app. I love being able to stream movies from my laptop, but I have one problem. When I choose my laptop and go to "Music" the screen is blank. There are no folders at all to view. When I select "Video" or "Pictures" everything works fine and displays all the different folders, but no such luck with my music. Anyone know why I'm not able to get my music?

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is there a (free/cheap) keyboard replacement that will let me have arrow keys on the keyboard?

The default one on my Desire HD has it, but now I'm on a Desire S, and they're gone. I find it useful not only when texting but tend to SSH to my home computer with Irssi Connectbot, and having no up-arrow is just frustrating :(

e: perhaps swype can do it, will check it out.

inset fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jan 13, 2012

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

inset posted:

Is there a (free/cheap) keyboard replacement that will let me have arrow keys on the keyboard?

The default one on my Desire HD has it, but now I'm on a Desire S, and they're gone. I find it useful not only when texting but tend to SSH to my home computer with Irssi Connectbot, and having no up-arrow is just frustrating :(
Hacker's Keyboard is pretty good for SSH and stuff like that.

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer

torjus posted:

Hacker's Keyboard is pretty good for SSH and stuff like that.

I'll give that a go, thanks. I always just figured it was mostly for tablets.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Thumb keyboard can give you arrows in Landscape as well. Hacker's is better, though, in my opinion. It's so close to a PC keyboard that I don't need to think about where keys will be. Also, Hacker's is the only Android keyboard with an Escape key.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

Pretty odd. First report I've had of this. I'll look in to it...

I've also discovered that the app isn't starting on it's own when I power on the phone, though I'm not sure if it's designed to do that or not.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Hey, Goons, I'm looking for something I'm having a hard time Googling.

Anybody know an app that can use the accelerometer/level in a phone to create a vector map of the rise/fall of a surface?

I'm trying to document just how much my Goddamn floor is sinking and wondering if there's a better way than a measuring tape, a level, and trigonometry.

Factory Factory fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 13, 2012

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Factory Factory posted:

Anybody know a map that can use the accelerometer/level in a phone to create a vector map of the rise/fall of a surface?

I'm trying to document just how much my Goddamn floor is sinking and wondering if there's a better way than a measuring tape, a level, and trigonometry.

This seems like a pretty specialized case. Are you going to tie something to your phone and drag it across the floor? Just searching for "accelerometer" in the market brings up a lot of things that will record the data. Some look like they will extrapolate distance, and some say they give you data from the other sensors as well. I haven't tested any of them, but I'd figure at least one of them will do both. If you had a motor that could pull the phone at a constant rate you could just get something that records orientation data and not worry about the accelerometer.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Factory Factory posted:

Anybody know an app that can use the accelerometer/level in a phone to create a vector map of the rise/fall of a surface?

not be a smart rear end but couldn't you just roll a ball or something over the floor to prove its sinking?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
I'll browse through the accelerometer stuff. Thanks.

Bonzo posted:

not be a smart rear end but couldn't you just roll a ball or something over the floor to prove its sinking?

My landlord is a true pain in the rear end. I've already done a bunch of informal tests. The more I document things and call building inspectors, the better hope I have of actually getting anything done.

E: the key word was (in)clinometer.

Factory Factory fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

ManMythLegend posted:

I've also discovered that the app isn't starting on it's own when I power on the phone, though I'm not sure if it's designed to do that or not.

Hmm, I can't reproduce that issue or the other one you mentioned.

I'll look over the code this weekend and see if I have any ideas.

Did you mention what device and carrier you're on?

• Locked thread