Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Juan Carlos Marquez, also known by his alias The King Of Mars, is currently working on a fictional novel about the origin of StarSlay3r by combining Street Fighter characters and storylines with actual facts about StarSlay3r’s past. This novel will be available worldwide in February exclusively through StarSlay3r.com

I wish there was some way to communicate my expression at this, the closest thing is shock mixed with disbelief mixed with white-hot fury.

As for the ideal fighting game, I'm not really picky about mechanics so I'll settle for a game that magically has both a wide community and a relative lack of whiny SRK posters that make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Mike Ross had better make an awkward appearance.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
The biggest gap in the fighting game market right now is a ground footsies based game that isn't made for underwater babies.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
My perfect fighting game would be a lot like AH3 except super popular and everyone would play with me.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

Gutcruncher posted:

Its a real shame too. I think it was a little after the Hugo reveal (which got me REALLY loving hyped) where they just dumped on the retarded and kept on dumping.

Basically it looked like a faster SF4 with link combos and tag team, ok I can get on board with that! Then the thing where both your dudes come out was revealed. Ok, that seems weird and dumb but chances are if it sucks people just wont do it, whatever. Then Pandora. Wait a second comeback mechanic? AND its essentially a risky X-factor? That seems stupid and unnecessary. Im beginning to worry. Gems talked about briefly. Ok, that seems weird but potentially kinda neat. I mean it's not like you cant just shut them off if they suck and ruin it as a real fighter, right? Gems explained further, made mandatory, and also preorder and DLC exclusive gems with advantages.

Game is dead to me. It literally kept getting worse with each new reveal. I wish Namco would start talking about Tekken x Street Fighter now and maybe we can get a good game out of the crossover deal.
Luckily a fighter that will actually be good is coming out soon, and its called Skull Girls.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

PSWII60 posted:

I'd say why stop at indie or fighting games. Toss in everybody from a major-ish series. Master Chief, Serious Sam, Duke Nukem, Samus Aran, Gordon Freeman, Cloud, Solid Snake, Mario, Sonic, Bit.Trip, Super Meat Boy, just toss in everybody. I'm not meaning this to sound as sarcastic as it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDjeO1wCJmo

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
Hasn't that game been in development for like 10 loving years now or something. It is basically the DNF of fighting games.

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

The biggest gap in the fighting game market right now is a ground footsies based game that isn't made for underwater babies.

KOFXIII, Ougon Cross

edit: The casual fighting game scene is growing like mad at my college at least. With almost everyone new jumping on UMvC3 which for all of its problems at least I have fun playing. Alot of the better players either left to who knows what or are all playing Melty/Ougon right now, while one of us is trying to train up the scrubs to a decent level in ultimate.

ShinsoBEAM! fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 12, 2012

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In4qgLaSxUw&t=821s

3 month later, still hilarious

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

KOFXIII

Not really a footsies game.

quote:

Ougon Cross

hahahahaha

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Here's an idea: Q from Star Trek stirring poo poo up, provoking everyone to go into fisticuffs mode. Q is the the boss of the final stage. There are no human characters in this game.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Not really a footsies game.

Really depends on the characters your using. Mai, Athena, Daimon all see play locally and when playing as or against them it certainly is a footies game.

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

hahahahaha

:colbert:

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

I finally got the challenge on 3rd strike OE for getting a perfect round in a ranked match. I lost the first round, handily won the second and perfected him the third. Even landed Oro's super early in the round. Feels good man!

Naturally I completely lost the next two matches in very embarrassing losses to a flowchart Ken and the Akuma equivalent.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

We need more rude golem characters like Earthquake who fart out giant purple cloud-grabs

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

uncleKitchener posted:

Here's an idea: Q from Star Trek stirring poo poo up, provoking everyone to go into fisticuffs mode. Q is the the boss of the final stage. There are no human characters in this game.

"So! You want a game with no footsies then? So be it!" *snap*

The game now has everyone in wheelchairs.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

uncleKitchener posted:

My Little Pony :ssh:

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If I wanted to make money I'd make a Smash clone with characters, items and locales from indie games, and release it for every digital platform known to man. I guess one big system change would be to add non-playable assists a la MvC, but really, you could pretty much just lift most of Smash's poo poo wholesale and it'd make for a fun, accessible, easily marketable game (provided you don't spent the pre-release period talking about how winning is for losers or whatever).

If I made a Smash clone, I'd make one with original characters or robots, but overhaul the game's mechanics so that it was more competitively viable and less retarded. And remove all flying characters like Meta Knight so games don't devolve into flying under the stage over and over.

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 12, 2012

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Popehoist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In4qgLaSxUw&t=821s

3 month later, still hilarious

What's happening here?

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Lone Goat posted:

What's happening here?

Testament, basically.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
An ideal fighting game of mine would somehow combine Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Capcom vs. SNK, and Def Jam: Fight for New York. Also it would have Soul Calibur's customization and Blazblue/Guilty Gear's level of special quotes and taunts.

More realistically, I thought it would always be cool to have some kind of arena fighter that's a mix between Powerstone, Virtual On, and Bushido Blade that revolves around John Woo/Jackie Chan-esque fights. Lots of stage interaction and possibly a "stylish" mode where each fighter as unlimited health and the goal is to rack up points from combos and variation.

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

PalmTreeFun posted:

If I made a Smash clone, I'd make one with original characters or robots, but overhaul the game's mechanics so that it was more competitively viable and less retarded. And remove all flying characters like Meta Knight so games don't devolve into flying under the stage over and over.

Same, but based around king-of-the-hill point capturing in addition to getting kills.

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.
I just want a new, good King of Fighters with a cast that isn't totally boring. And it has to have Blue Mary.

What the gently caress, SNK? :argh:

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

chumbler posted:

Ryu fighter. A fighting game which has every version of Ryu in it (except I guess EX) and no other characters. Alpha 3 Ryu would probably be the top/only tier.

EX was good enough for this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lBYMq8BNS0

(Or is it just the 3d/2d thing that's the issue?)

Svampson
Jul 29, 2006

Same.
myDreamGame.jpg

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I just want a new, good King of Fighters with a cast that isn't totally boring. And it has to have Blue Mary.

What the gently caress, SNK? :argh:

Guarantee Vanessa, May Lee, and the cast of Garou and I'm right with you.

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

PunkBoy posted:

Guarantee Vanessa, May Lee, and the cast of Garou and I'm right with you.

loving SERIOUSLY.

The King of Fighters series has so many interesting characters and the XIII decided to add almost none of them.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MelvinTheJerk posted:

loving SERIOUSLY.

The King of Fighters series has so many interesting characters and the XIII decided to add almost none of them.

They have King, Athena and Elisabeth, no need for anyone else.

I'd like a KoF where I'm actually able to do hops and super hops. I swear to God if I just tap uf or bf it doesn't come out. :-/ I suck at KoF, I think I'm actually a closeted American or something.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

MelvinTheJerk posted:

loving SERIOUSLY.

If you're actually upset that a character is missing from a KOF game, maybe you're into the wrong series? If I threw a fit about every game that Heidern isn't in, I'd be able to play like 3 games.

Just squint and pretend Clark is Blue Mary an a metric fuckton of roids.

edit:^^^^^ Tap up then down?

Bovineicide fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 13, 2012

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
What the gently caress kind of name is Melty Blood anyway?

Svampson
Jul 29, 2006

Same.

Fiction posted:

What the gently caress kind of name is Melty Blood anyway?

French Bread are loving experts on nonsensical english, the stages in Melty Blood has some of the best goddamn names:
ONE LIFE, ONE DEATE
Arima's Chinese kempo home
the crossing crossing
Emerald Table Melty Blood Texture

oh and don't forget that their next game is called Under Night In-Birth! Speaking of has there been any news on it? I haven't heard anything about it for quite some time :ohdear:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Svampson posted:

French Bread are loving experts on nonsensical english, the stages in Melty Blood has some of the best goddamn names:
ONE LIFE, ONE DEATE
the crossing crossing

oh and don't forget that their next game is called Under Night In-Birth! Speaking of has there been any news on it? I haven't heard anything about it for quite some time :ohdear:

It's still being made, they announced some more characters a while ago.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.
I don't understand why people are saying they want elements of MvC3 in their ideal fighting game, instead of MvC2.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I have a firm grasp on English. Other Japanese people will be impressed by my English skills as I make a game called Orbital Fugue: Quarfing Xanthic Chrysanthemums.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Dizz posted:

"So! You want a game with no footsies then? So be it!" *snap*

The game now has everyone in wheelchairs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p47eQB9zchk
I think you may be on to something!

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Svampson posted:

ONE LIFE, ONE DEATE
the crossing crossing

Hologram Summer Again.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

PalmTreeFun posted:

Orbital Fugue: Quarfing Xanthic Chrysanthemums.

That the next Final Fantasy fighting game spin off? :haw:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tamagod Sushi posted:

That the next Final Fantasy fighting game spin off? :haw:

Speaking of Final Fantasy fighting games, are the Dissidia games decent? I'm guessing no, but you never know.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

I don't understand why people are saying they want elements of MvC3 in their ideal fighting game, instead of MvC2.

Because they've never played it. If you're a recent arrival who got into fighting games the usual way, you play SF4/MvC3. If you're a GGPO gremlin like me, then you're never going to get to play it even if emulation gets to the point where it's practical because Capcom's still selling the game.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Here's a 3D fighter with decals. Look at all those decals.

Looks like Hayabusa fell on poo poo or something.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVgtQ3Fp8UA

Time Magazine is interviewing EMP? :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That's just Hayabusa coming in to DOA5 off the set of Ninja Gaiden 3.

• Locked thread