Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009

wyoming posted:

B***HES

Also this thread got me to check out Toh Kay's album. Is there something that's stopping him from writing new songs?

I honestly am starting to think he just doesn't have it in him. He has been active since 1995. That is 17 years. In 17 years we have 36 original songs. Everything else he has done has been covers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

I'm going to all 3 ASOB shows for sure. This is still on my wall. I remember skipping prom to play.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Looks like it never really got mentioned, but there's a third show in Danbury, CT on Friday 5/25. The Fad is opening, but I probably won't be able to get to Connecticut and I missed them when they were on the Young Guns Tour :smithicide:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

hedgecore posted:

I'm going to all 3 ASOB shows for sure. This is still on my wall. I remember skipping prom to play.

Your flier reminded me how sad I am about never getting to see IV4K live. My New Obsession is one of my favorite records.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

hedgecore posted:

This is straight-up the coolest sounding line-up ever.

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS

Tennis Ball posted:

I honestly am starting to think he just doesn't have it in him. He has been active since 1995. That is 17 years. In 17 years we have 36 original songs. Everything else he has done has been covers.

Not sure if you've seen it, but http://streetlightmanifesto.com/streetlight-manifesto-proudly-boycotts-itself/ talks about the problems Streetlight has with Victory Records, and basically Tomas signed a really bad deal with Victory back when he was really young with Catch 22 that gives Victory the rights to anything any Catch 22 member makes. I think the general consensus is that the hatred of Victory is at least partially to blame for the lack of songs.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009

ObsidianBeast posted:

Not sure if you've seen it, but http://streetlightmanifesto.com/streetlight-manifesto-proudly-boycotts-itself/ talks about the problems Streetlight has with Victory Records, and basically Tomas signed a really bad deal with Victory back when he was really young with Catch 22 that gives Victory the rights to anything any Catch 22 member makes. I think the general consensus is that the hatred of Victory is at least partially to blame for the lack of songs.

I knew that they really really hated Victory, but I did not know that Victory got the rights to whatever a Catch 22 member made. That makes more sense.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ObsidianBeast posted:

That can't be right, they're leaving Victory this summer and if Victory had the rights to everything a C22 member made, that wouldn't be possible.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Dickeye posted:

That can't be right, they're leaving Victory this summer and if Victory had the rights to everything a C22 member made, that wouldn't be possible.

I think the original deal was 5 albums or so. I remember seeing the specifics once, and it was pretty harsh.

gangnam reference fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 26, 2012

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gogey posted:

I think the original deal was 5 albums or so. I remember seeing the specifics once, and it was pretty harsh.

I think it's six actually, which fits with his sixth album on Victory being his last.

I love the idea of Victory moving the date around and Tomas just saying "Nah here's some mp3s have fun guys!"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bumping this to say that I got an email yesterday telling me there's a new Less Than Jake EP, Season's Greetings From Less Than Jake. It's pretty badass and you guys should get it!

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
BTMI were amazing. I

hmm

ahhh

I dunno what to say. Jeoff poured beer in my hair and broke my voice. Anyone here been to one of his ipod tours? Thoughts/comments? All the extended silences and screw ups made it BETTER.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

I went to my first iPod show last year and there were about five other people at the show, and maybe one other person who knew who BTMI! was. Jeff and I talked about the New York Knicks and rocked the gently caress out for an hour and it was excellent.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dickeye posted:

Bumping this to say that I got an email yesterday telling me there's a new Less Than Jake EP, Season's Greetings From Less Than Jake. It's pretty badass and you guys should get it!

I have to wait for the physical copy to arrive in the mail, because I'm a sucker who buys every LTJ release.

(Greetings From... was great though, so I'm excited for this one)

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I got it the other day, I think it's pretty drat good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Aquabats Super Show! starts airing tomorrow on the Hub at 11 AM EST, with a rerun at 11:30 PM. Find out if you get The Hub! It's about time they got a show.

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

Gabbleduck posted:

BTMI were amazing. I

hmm

ahhh

I dunno what to say. Jeoff poured beer in my hair and broke my voice. Anyone here been to one of his ipod tours? Thoughts/comments? All the extended silences and screw ups made it BETTER.

Brisbane? I requested he play "something from three cheers" but he played Sorry, We Steal instead. loving awesome.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dickeye posted:

The Aquabats Super Show! starts airing tomorrow on the Hub at 11 AM EST, with a rerun at 11:30 PM. Find out if you get The Hub! It's about time they got a show.

What the hell is The Hub?

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

A television channel.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sandwolf posted:

Hasbro-owned channel.

edit; Just watched it. It's silly and stupid and fun. It's like Adam West Batman as created by the Krofts. This is beautiful.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 4, 2012

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
It was actually really fun and goofy. I really hope it does well!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CodfishCartographer posted:

It was actually really fun and goofy. I really hope it does well!

Seriously it was everything I expected/wanted from the Aquabats.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

dnz posted:

Brisbane? I requested he play "something from three cheers" but he played Sorry, We Steal instead. loving awesome.

Nice, that song went off. Or at least I skanked my butt off. Nobody seemed to really be moving except for a crank-fiend with his shirt undone doing the robot in front of the industrial oscillating fan.
I would really like to be able to get to Sydney next Sunday.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
http://www.hubworld.com/watch/1479551990001/the-aquabats-super-show-episode-1-manant-season-1

You guys are welcome.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

I really appreciate that they had some of the little touches from the Batman television show (which also airs on the Hub, coincidentally) like seat belt shots and convoluted computer-ing.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Just Nth-ing that The Aquabats show was loving amazing and if you haven't seen it yet, you suck at everything.

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120302/12571517965/band-tells-fans-to-boycott-its-albums-saying-its-label-doesnt-pay.shtml

Streetlight is telling people to boycott their records etc, surprised this didn't happen sooner

Beowulf
Jun 16, 2003

The multiplying villainies of nature do swarm upon him...
Anyone going to see big D and the kids table at the stone pony in April?

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS

Beowulf posted:

Anyone going to see big D and the kids table at the stone pony in April?

I don't know how I missed that they're coming to DC in May, I'll definitely be going to that show.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ObsidianBeast posted:

I don't know how I missed that they're coming to DC in May, I'll definitely be going to that show.

As bad as I think the last couple albums have been, I'm really happy to see Dave up and about again.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

I'm happy he got over his cancer but I'm not sure if i'm gonna go see them at the Stone Pony. I haven't seen them since Halloween two or three years ago and I was less than amused. Does he play mostly newer stuff?

edit: Its 12 bucks so I feel a little better. Anybody know who else is playing?

Casual Encountess fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 11, 2012

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

I'm happy he got over his cancer but I'm not sure if i'm gonna go see them at the Stone Pony. I haven't seen them since Halloween two or three years ago and I was less than amused. Does he play mostly newer stuff?

edit: Its 12 bucks so I feel a little better. Anybody know who else is playing?

When I saw them last year, they played a few off the new album, but nothing that I remember from Fluent In Stroll. Most were from Strictly Rude and How It Goes, and a few from Good Luck.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Fluent in Stroll has been the only album to date that I actually removed off my iPod after putting it on. It offended me that much.

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS

Fluent in Stroll has been the only album to date that I actually removed off my iPod after putting it on. It offended me that much.

When I first listened to it, I really didn't like it and took it off my mp3 player as well. I had it on my main computer that I usually shuffle songs from so I ended up hearing a few sprinkled throughout my normal stuff and it grew on me. Now I actually like Fluent In Stroll, but I'm not too keen on the newest album. Maybe it will grow on me in the same way.

I guess that was a long way of saying that I understand where you're coming from.

PhonicsMonkey
Sep 20, 2005

That's a bad PhonicsMonkey!
loving hell, BTMI and Mike Park are playing in DC on Sunday! I want to go so bad, but I have to do field training early on Monday. I am thinking about sleeping all Sunday and then waking up for the show and powering through Monday. This is going to be the greatest show ever.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
For all the poo poo it got, Steady Riot was an awesome album. It had like 3 or 4 poo poo songs (like every Big D album pretty much) but otherwise I really liked it a lot. Fluent In Stroll however :barf:

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Yeah I actually really enjoyed Strictly Rude. For the most part. The next two albums, not so much. I recently discovered the title track is a cover of sorts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMrNDnU6PPk

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS

Yeah I actually really enjoyed Strictly Rude. For the most part. The next two albums, not so much. I recently discovered the title track is a cover of sorts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMrNDnU6PPk

Thank you for this, I heard the end of this somewhere and I swore it sounded like Strictly Rude, but I never looked into it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Guess who's seeing the Suicide Machines a week before the ASOB reunion?

There's a rumor they'll be playing destruction by definition too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Aquabats Super Show is ridiculously enjoyable.