Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

AndyElusive posted:

The character art is nice and it looks fun but I just can't get over DIVIDE! kill each other, but it's good "INVERSES" :eng99:

Cheesy Engrish is a time-honored tradition in fighting games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

redmercer posted:

Cheesy Engrish is a time-honored tradition in fighting games

Yeah, but it used to be better. Compare that to The time of retribution. Battle 1. Decide the destiny, or Heaven or Hell. Round 1. Let's rock!

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah, but it used to be better. Compare that to The time of retribution. Battle 1. Decide the destiny, or Heaven or Hell. Round 1. Let's rock!

Yeah, but this is French Bread we're talking about, not ArcSys.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

interrodactyl posted:

Gorillafate is toining. Leeble wan. Action!

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
It's Hologram Summer all over again.

My favorite English from Under Night so far is Waldstein's description. "The power to sprain all enemies" sounds like something Garland would have had.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just got a WWE SE and it feels like I really have to jam the stick in the corner to get fireballs to come out. Is this a normal thing that I have to get used to or is my stick not working as intended?

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.

Liar Lyre posted:

I just got a WWE SE and it feels like I really have to jam the stick in the corner to get fireballs to come out. Is this a normal thing that I have to get used to or is my stick not working as intended?

Chances are that your stick is just acting goofy seeing as it's knock-off parts. open er up, and take the stick apart to check the microswitches/springs and all that. Best case scenario all you need is to spray a little WD-40 on the spring, like mine, or worst case send in for a new Sanwa.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ZackHoagie posted:

Chances are that your stick is just acting goofy seeing as it's knock-off parts. open er up, and take the stick apart to check the microswitches/springs and all that. Best case scenario all you need is to spray a little WD-40 on the spring, like mine, or worst case send in for a new Sanwa.
I'll do that tomorrow. It probably is busted because if you don't have it in the very tip of the corner, up back only sometimes works.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
You guys remember that awful Chinese KoF ripoff game?

Here are some videos.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The animation is mad weird in this game. Looks like mocapped sprites besides the ripped off assets.

Also totally maining Shanwoo and Brazel

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.
I've heard october is the month to hope for TTT2 console release.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

AFAIK there is an option to turn her off. I can't recall seeing it used either but maybe Spiking can clarify how you do it.

Naoto isn't really stupid at all though. Unless I guess you think all keep away characters are stupid or something? Yukiko is way better and way more stupid right now anyway. But it's like week 2 at this point so relative strength doesn't mean much yet.

For sure you can turn her off. My arcade has one cab with her on and one off. But my arcade also has kind of low volume so I never hear her anyway.

FWIW my current pick for best character is still Mitsuru. But yeah I agree Yukiko and Mitsuru are both much better than Naoto right now. I'd say probably Chie and Kanji too... Naoto just has kind of poor mixup potential. I mean instant kills are cool and stuff but Naoto just dosn't have that many tools for staying in there. Her overhead is real unsafe but she has a crossup I guess? And you can bounce back or forward into shooting stance but that could mean you get punished for your mixup attempt.

However the silence effect is totally crippling vs Yukiko if you get a combo. Goodbye half my good normals and all my specials and supers and R action... also vs Kanji because it takes away his R action DP and also his command throw.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Brosnan posted:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Making Tekken work well online is really difficult, and honestly I don't think Harada is all that interested in focusing on netcode. Tekken does gangbusters at arcades and sells very healthy numbers on consoles, so I think he just doesn't see it as a development priority.

Soul Calibur 5 has good netcode so there is technology within Namco to make it work well. They just need to share their technology between teams, which probably won't happen. :(

On the topic of TTT2, I just got a Bana Passport and played a few games before I went home and registered it. It remembered my wins and losses but I don't have any fight money. Do I have to have registered the card to an account before I receive fight money? I need to put a siren on Heihachi's head.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
So I helped run our scene's second tournament ever. Lots of drama before poo poo got started, but everything worked out in the end. A big thank you to jmcrofts and his crew bringing the evo monitors, and a even bigger thank you for everyone donating to the "feed banana ken" fund. I need to get a mega phone, I have no voice, but doing something like that was totally loving worth it. :D

Banana ken won every tournament he entered. Which was like 5 tournaments. It was good times. I was really surprised at the turn out and the manager of the venue was even more surprised and is really wanting to work with me on getting another tournament of that size next month. I'm going to have a chat with the manager about them contributing to the pot bonuses as well to bring more people in.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Zexerous posted:

So I helped run our scene's second tournament ever. Lots of drama before poo poo got started, but everything worked out in the end. A big thank you to jmcrofts and his crew bringing the evo monitors, and a even bigger thank you for everyone donating to the "feed banana ken" fund. I need to get a mega phone, I have no voice, but doing something like that was totally loving worth it. :D

Banana ken won every tournament he entered. Which was like 5 tournaments. It was good times. I was really surprised at the turn out and the manager of the venue was even more surprised and is really wanting to work with me on getting another tournament of that size next month. I'm going to have a chat with the manager about them contributing to the pot bonuses as well to bring more people in.

Hey bro fun tourney. Shoutouts to Banana Ken for making everyone else look free! And for beating me 16-0 in casuals >_>

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

AndyElusive posted:

The character art is nice and it looks fun but I just can't get over DIVIDE! kill each other, but it's good "INVERSES" :eng99:

I actually think that's charmingly goofy. I love ridiculous Engrish :3:

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I like that it starts with Recurring Void Effect, but at the end there is Vanishment of Void. Where did the void go?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

interrodactyl posted:

True, it does seem like French Bread could screw up a wet dream

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Spiking posted:

FWIW my current pick for best character is still Mitsuru.
Please tell me what Mitsuru can actually do because I've literally seen nothing in any video so far :(. Most of the time I don't even see her normals chain correctly

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Jmcrofts posted:

Hey bro fun tourney. Shoutouts to Banana Ken for making everyone else look free! And for beating me 16-0 in casuals >_>

Shoutouts to venue ice cream for being awesome and Double A for playing long sets of casual Marvel with me and getting fourth.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

dj_de posted:

Please tell me what Mitsuru can actually do because I've literally seen nothing in any video so far :(. Most of the time I don't even see her normals chain correctly

There are a few pretty decent ones floating around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw-XF7WMPRc#t=11m35s
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17213579
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3RIELrh6W8#t=2m30s

Mainly, she has the best pokes in the game, and a great set of specials. Aegis Reflector as a special move, even does some of the same stupid stuff. Lightning fast thrust special that can cover the whole screen and cancel into super, and it's delayable and safe if spaced right, also gives free combos on CH.

Persona D normals are like Axl's normals, they pull in from full screen for combos. Also used in the middle of combos to extend them of course.

Unblockable projectile with a really weird movement pattern that drains SP meter.

Decent R-Action which she can cancel combo a Mabufudyne off of on hit. Mabufudyne is an invincible super with a great hitbox and you can combo after it. She always gets a combo off her throw in the corner for free. Her Awakening super seems to be similar to Spiral's sword summons I guess (haven't seen anyone use this effectively yet but it looks like it has a lot of potential).

And in more general terms, she's got decent damage output and seems to have high health.

(Also FWIW I definitely think Chie and Yukiko are better than Mitsuru at this point)

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 11, 2012

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
That teddy bear guy bugs me. Characters that act like cartoons but are supposed to be kind of threatening creep me out a little, like Judge Doom or something. What's the story behind him?

vvvv Is that sarcasm?

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 11, 2012

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PalmTreeFun posted:

That teddy bear guy bugs me. Characters that act like cartoons but are supposed to be kind of threatening creep me out a little, like Judge Doom or something. What's the story behind him?

You are only at the beginning of the creepy rabbit-hole buddy, trust me 0_0

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

PalmTreeFun posted:

vvvv Is that sarcasm?

Go play Persona 4, it's a good game.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

PalmTreeFun posted:

vvvv Is that sarcasm?

Wait until you find out what's inside.

*edit* also play Persona 4

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PalmTreeFun posted:

vvvv Is that sarcasm?

Nah Persona 4 goes to some pretty weird places with Teddy.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Still skeptical about P4U's apparent lack of any wakeup game. Other than that it looks pretty good but that one thing could kill it for me.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

There are a few pretty decent ones floating around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3RIELrh6W8#t=2m30s

Oh look, it's loving Jam with more annoying shrieks and talking.

I swear every time I try and sleep at the arcade, that shriek just wakes me up. The arcade owner turned down the volume on the GGX2R machines because of how annoying it was.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 12, 2012

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

uncleKitchener posted:

Oh look, it's loving Jam with more annoying shrieks and talking.

I swear every time I try and sleep at the arcade, that shriek just wakes me up. The arcade owner turned down the volume on the GGX2R machines because of how annoying it was.

Can I please ask why you are sleeping at an arcade?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

PalmTreeFun posted:

vvvv Is that sarcasm?

You should play Persona 4.

E: Yesterday during the SFXT tournament there was a dude who slept on the Gundam machine while the rest of the arcade was packed, so I guess its a thing people do. I know I was sleepy as gently caress and I almost wanted to go to sleep as well.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 12, 2012

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I can't imagine sleeping at an arcade period. The bass on the machines is so loud, especially if there's a DDR machine. Or loving Manx TT Superbike with that DOON DOON DOON that plays every couple minutes in attract mode. Daytona USA is almost as bad, except it's AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA instead.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
^^^ No ddr machines. Only pure fighters, blud. We can set up shooters and Shinobi too if we feel like it.

Waterbed posted:

Can I please ask why you are sleeping at an arcade?

Playing games for two days straight each weak (Saturdays and Sundays). We pay for the rent and just buy random boards and guns online. We all know each other and it's pretty much like living our dreams of playing old arcade games for free. Place gets packed in weekends.

This weekend our theme was 3rd strike, so we set that up and had marathons and stupid poo poo for fun. Then we tried doing high damaging combos with Tag Crash co-op in SFXT (highest two guys got was 610. The scaling gets really ridiculous later on). There's SF Alpha2 and 3 Zero and we put that up for an hour, which was hella fun. Gonna put the boards on the machines for next weekend since there are loads of old school players going over to the arcade.

It sounds crazy, but it's worth it.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

All of that is true but, I feel like if your best combo off a neutral hit is solely into dash slash and maybe canceled into super then you will have trouble competing with someone who can hit you off a 2a and get a full combo unless you can completely outplay them

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Zexerous posted:

Didn't seem that drama-ridden, maybe I missed something :X

Thanks for running that tournament, the venue is amazing and the tournament was fun. I felt like a little kid again walking into this giant arcade with all these classic titles. There's probably enough space there to hold a major if you combine the party room, so there's definitely room to grow. I'm glad to hear the owner is happy with the turnout. It just sucks you guys simply didn't have enough equipment to run the whole thing smoothly. A stream would be cool next time if you want to draw more attention to the event (it's also fun to commentate!).

But yeah, being a TO is hard work, you were losing your voice by the end and everything. Next time I would try to shoulder a little less responsibility yourself, it just seems like you were running every single event on one laptop. Even for a smaller event you want to have a person dedicated to running brackets, that way you can make sure the rest goes smooth.

I entered SCV, KOF, AE and SFxT btw. I considered entering T6 but switching between 5 games might have made my brain melt. I'm sure Indiana doesn't want me winning everything so I'm looking forward to how they level up. :3:

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

apple posted:

Didn't seem that drama-ridden, maybe I missed something :X

Thanks for running that tournament, the venue is amazing and the tournament was fun. I felt like a little kid again walking into this giant arcade with all these classic titles. There's probably enough space there to hold a major if you combine the party room, so there's definitely room to grow. I'm glad to hear the owner is happy with the turnout. It just sucks you guys simply didn't have enough equipment to run the whole thing smoothly. A stream would be cool next time if you want to draw more attention to the event (it's also fun to commentate!).

But yeah, being a TO is hard work, you were losing your voice by the end and everything. Next time I would try to shoulder a little less responsibility yourself, it just seems like you were running every single event on one laptop. Even for a smaller event you want to have a person dedicated to running brackets, that way you can make sure the rest goes smooth.

I entered SCV, KOF, AE and SFxT btw. I considered entering T6 but switching between 5 games might have made my brain melt. I'm sure Indiana doesn't want me winning everything so I'm looking forward to how they level up. :3:

The drama was all before Chilldog showed up with the Asus monitors. The people slated to bring TV's were really late. I was actually out at an HH Gregg with one of the XP guys about to drop six hundred bucks on a few monitors to make sure this thing would fire.

The organization of the tables and the 30-45 minute break before top 8 were my ideas actually. Everyone was getting hungry and salty as poo poo by the point the break came along and I realized people were going to need food.

Stream was planned, but the equipment wasn't working right apparently. Also the venue internet was causing problems up until the owner gave access to the good internet.

So yeah, more setups, stream, and a bit more support staff are on the slate for the next one.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I've never played Persona or even know anything about the characters but this looks so dope primarily because it has a character with a rapier. I've loving loved fencing characters ever since Charlotte from Samurai Shodown.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

dj_de posted:

All of that is true but, I feel like if your best combo off a neutral hit is solely into dash slash and maybe canceled into super then you will have trouble competing with someone who can hit you off a 2a and get a full combo unless you can completely outplay them

The thing is her neutral game normals are totally commanding. It feels like 3rd strike a little when you play vs her with a bad normals character. 5a and j.a are just sooo good. That weak little combo might as well be 40-50% cause you'll eat it like 3 more times than you'll hit her. 2a really good for pressure. 2b great AA j.b great jumpin.

Also she has some high damage combos... I don't know what they are but probably off of jumpin B? I saw a guy at my arcade do like 60-70 using all of his bar. Of course I don't know if it's practical like Chie's super damage is.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Spiking posted:

The thing is her neutral game normals are totally commanding. It feels like 3rd strike a little when you play vs her with a bad normals character. 5a and j.a are just sooo good. That weak little combo might as well be 40-50% cause you'll eat it like 3 more times than you'll hit her. 2a really good for pressure. 2b great AA j.b great jumpin.

Also she has some high damage combos... I don't know what they are but probably off of jumpin B? I saw a guy at my arcade do like 60-70 using all of his bar. Of course I don't know if it's practical like Chie's super damage is.

(Guessing at a few of these move inputs here so correct me if I'm wrong)

5B 2A+B [4]6B, really basic combo off a low hit, does about 2500 damage. When you start adding in the corner, and maybe CH and SP usage, you can push it up to over 5k (which is 50-60% range). I think it's something like, 4B 2A+B [4]6B, 2A 2B 2D, 4B 2A+B [4]6B x Super. I think that's how it goes anyway.

She also just gets 1650 damage from a CH [4]6B, just by itself. And you can combo off this, so you can get some pretty big damage numbers from it. Which is impressive for a move that covers about 2/3 the length of the screen, is lightning fast, is relatively safe on block, and you can delay it.

2k damage for free off throws into the corner. 3k with meter, maybe more possible? It's not bad for a throw. Not sure about if she can throw->OMC->Combo at mid screen, never seen anyone try. I would bet you probably could go into a 5D or 2D and get some extra damage like that.

Those are some examples anyway.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 12, 2012

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

2k damage for free off throws into the corner. 3k with meter, maybe more possible? It's not bad for a throw.

Yeah it's not bad.

Naoto can get 10k damage off a throw since with 50% it's a free instant kill. It's really nasty. Unburstable too, since it's a throw. Just throw, RC, dash back, Haomoon. Her throw leaves you in a weird crumple state for like 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Man, Ultimate Mayonnaise Arena is a little slower than I'd expect an ~*ANIME*~ game to move, but it looks faster than BB. The walk speeds are mad slow, but dashing and airdashing are pretty quick looking. It kind of looks halfway between GG speed and BB speed, which is pretty alright.

And Teddy looks like a bear version of Faust. We in there.

• Locked thread