Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIr_Lienad
Aug 17, 2011

Furthering my education in stupidity, one day at a time.
Fun Shoe
Entry #54 is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKiQM6DIJck&feature=g-u-u&context=G2deed4fFUAAAAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Haha...great...

I couldn't watch em, I'm not a movie guy

E: That was wonderfully campy.

Pehther fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 26, 2012

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
Jay may be the most awkward person alive. "Uh, why am I filming you? Uh, I don't know, am I doing special features? Yeah, that sounds good, I'll just point my camera at this plastic bag here, you know, for the making of documentary."

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

I tensed up when Brian walked in. I probably shouldn't have, but I did. drat fine entry, and I actually loved that ending.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Man, what was the deal with the visual distortion near the door, just when he turns the flashlight on?

Glandriel
Jan 3, 2008
Currently Shitting On This Thread.
Great entry, favorite part has to be "Even better news! Guess what's battery powered!" then head bobs.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Glandriel posted:

Great entry, favorite part has to be "Even better news! Guess what's battery powered!" then head bobs.

Vibrators!

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~
Oh God. I laughed my rear end off at Alex. "Guess what else is battery powered?" :c00lbert:

e;fb

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Nice episode. Good to see the crew hanging out together without the presence of rocks or masks. I counted two Slendy sightings: when the lights flash on the first time, and the very end. Was there anything I missed?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Jay: "So, uh, why didn't you watch the tapes?"
Tim: "I don't have a camera that can play them."
Jay: "Wait a minute, then how-"
Tim: "Oh, just shut up and accept the premise."

Also, was there a shadow moving into the room as the tape ended, or was that just just the flashlight moving?

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

He probably dropped it at a certain doctor's office.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Well, I didn't catch this till my second watch. That genuinely bothers me.

That's from 5:23 -5:26. It's much more visible in motion than it is in freeze-frame.

When the camera pans back over that spot when the flashlight comes on, it's not there. So I'm going to guess that that is an old friend we haven't seen in a while.

Clarington Grey
Dec 4, 2007

Subtle but delightful.
Does Tim know more than he's letting on, or is he just annoyed/weirded out by Jay and his camera?

That was a great ending. I wonder what happened after that. I'm also wondering where that moment fits in the chronology. Alex and Tim both appear to be acting normal, so is this an early Slender Man encounter, maybe their first?

Maybe this clip precedes Entry 1?

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Clarington Grey posted:

Does Tim know more than he's letting on, or is he just annoyed/weirded out by Jay and his camera?

That was a great ending. I wonder what happened after that. I'm also wondering where that moment fits in the chronology. Alex and Tim both appear to be acting normal, so is this an early Slender Man encounter, maybe their first?

I still think the first encounters were outside, and that the encounters at Alex's/Brian's house were later.

E: Though seriously, it is within Alex's "character" to be paranoid enough to lend Tim a camera to double up after Seth failed in the gazebo scene.

Pehther fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 26, 2012

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Haven't rewatched for much spergin'/where's Slendo, but that entry was both totally unexpected and pretty great. Initial reactions:

* After watching their comedy videos, DVD outtakes, Facebook etc it just felt real natural. I feel a little like a creepy Unfiction fan since I don't know these guys at all, but it seemed like they were just being themselves. As said already, "Guess what else is battery powered! was loving gold.

* Given the above.. was this whole thing before Alex was conscious of the Operator? Or is he the coldest motherfucker ever, playing lovely drum loops on his $10 keyboard while he plots their demise :ohdear:

* Stylistically, the tape is an obvious callback to Season 1 and I love it!

* There is a weird cut around 1:17 when Jay's talking to Tim

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008
^ I think Alex was still unaware at this point. All the members still seem "normal", so I don't think there's too much going on. It's probably after Alex went looking for Slendy with his dog, but before Slendy showed up at his house and he started drawing crazy things compulsively.

I'm also going to mention that one of my biggest criticisms of the "Tim is TTA theory" was that we never saw Tim with a camera.

Welp.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Or, you know, he's lying.

Selenite
Feb 17, 2011
One thing that's been bothering me. As Jay uploads the videos why does he never talk about the Operator who has been showing up in footage from tape one? Is he assuming that it's a prank or does he want to concentrate on the threats of Alex and the Maskys?

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Selenite posted:

One thing that's been bothering me. As Jay uploads the videos why does he never talk about the Operator who has been showing up in footage from tape one? Is he assuming that it's a prank or does he want to concentrate on the threats of Alex and the Maskys?

I think it just goes without saying. At first we thought he was just unwilling to admit, or even that he was oblivious to it, but as time goes on it just seems like it's pointless for him to point out the horrible supernatural thing that is evidenced on his tapes.

Clarington Grey
Dec 4, 2007

Subtle but delightful.
^ I think it's because Jay knows there's nothing he can do about the Operator. It's some kind of preternatural being that he can't reason with or defeat.

Alex and Tim and the other Masked one are people. He can help them/stop them. That's what he's dedicating himself to doing right now. That's the threat he's concentrating on right now.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
That was absolutely fantastic. The entries where everything seems normal and everyone is unaware of Slendy's presence are by far the creepiest.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Docjowles posted:

* Given the above.. was this whole thing before Alex was conscious of the Operator? Or is he the coldest motherfucker ever, playing lovely drum loops on his $10 keyboard while he plots their demise :ohdear:

I thought there was a time when Alex was aware of the Operator, but not yet under his control(?) and trying to feed the crew to him. I mean, Alex can just be occasionally oblivious to Slendy just like everyone else, especially if this is before the madness/sickness started to really set in.

I really liked this entry, but I was a bit disappointed that there were no shots of Slendy chilling in the corner while the drumbeat was jamming. I mean, I guess the idea was to show that silly drumbeats have no place within the Operator's Aura of Electronics-Jamming Evil. As displayed at the end when the beat turns to static as his shadow flicks by.
Wait, was that just audio distortion or was he screwing with the keyboard for real and nobody in the room noticed?

Selenite
Feb 17, 2011

Clarington Grey posted:

^ I think it's because Jay knows there's nothing he can do about the Operator. It's some kind of preternatural being that he can't reason with or defeat.

Alex and Tim and the other Masked one are people. He can help them/stop them. That's what he's dedicating himself to doing right now. That's the threat he's concentrating on right now.

Also, he really hasn't seen the Operator doing anything except lurk. He has footage of Alex committing murder and the Maskys attempting to strangle him.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Pope Guilty posted:

Jay: "So, uh, why didn't you watch the tapes?"
Tim: "Oh, just shut up and accept the premise."

Also, was there a shadow moving into the room as the tape ended, or was that just just the flashlight moving?

You weren't seeing things, a couple long, slender appendages enter the room in the last few frames as the screen flickers and dies.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Is anybody else kind of excited at the prospect of, in about a year or so, watching the entire series at a stretch?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Thing I am already starting to regret: Watching the new episode in the dark alone while a raging thunderstorm is outside. Besides that seconding all the love for seeing the cast just chilling in Tim's apartment, moments like that can keep a story grounded enough.

EDIT:

Pope Guilty posted:

Is anybody else kind of excited at the prospect of, in about a year or so, watching the entire series at a stretch?
I am so doing that when the final entry is up

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is it confirmed that season three is going to be the last one?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Augh I didn't notice any of the Slenderman appearances at all, thanks for pointing them out. Season 2 made me into a slacker, homeboy was generally either obviously there or not (except that one where he was apparently in Jessica's room? Which to this day I cannot see even with them explicitly calling it out on the DVD). Need to get my Find the Operator chops back, it seems.

Dickeye posted:

Yes, confirmed on Troy's blog.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Dickeye posted:

2 was going to be the end, but they ended up having enough to do that they decided to split 2 into 2 and 3.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
That was great. I was fully expecting Slendy to show up in the doorway at the end there, but I wasn't expecting him to move so fast.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

soupcan58 posted:

Well, I didn't catch this till my second watch. That genuinely bothers me.

That's from 5:23 -5:26. It's much more visible in motion than it is in freeze-frame.

When the camera pans back over that spot when the flashlight comes on, it's not there. So I'm going to guess that that is an old friend we haven't seen in a while.

In Motion

Bonus
Slendy wanted to join the jam sesh that's all.

dorium fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 26, 2012

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A few other thoughts before bed. This entry rules more every time I watch it.

* Tim rolls the gently caress out after giving Jay the tapes, he's turned his back and gone around the corner before he's even done talking. Not going to change my mind on "Tim" being 100% ignorant of the Operator/Masky based on those 2 seconds of footage, but it was weird.

* I love how Jay is getting sick of this bullshit. "Unsurprisingly they are unnumbered and without dates :rolleyes:"

* At the start of the tape, Alex says (I think) "you got the other camera?" as they are running for some reason. Tim says "I got it". Maybe Liquid Dinosaur is right, this is a period between when Alex is aware of the Operator but before he goes batshit, so he got Tim to record him as a backup? Could lend more ammo to the theory that Tim remembers everything.

* The way they bob the camera to the lovely keyboard beat is a great touch :razz: Who was holding it at that time anyway, Jay? Seth?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Docjowles posted:

* Tim rolls the gently caress out after giving Jay the tapes, he's turned his back and gone around the corner before he's even done talking. Not going to change my mind on "Tim" being 100% ignorant of the Operator/Masky based on those 2 seconds of footage, but it was weird.

I feel like Tim's just kinda fed up with dealing with this weirdo who keeps stammering and making stuff up while pointing a camera at everybody.

Feldheim_C
Oct 8, 2010

Some sort of strange mechanical man.

Docjowles posted:

* The way they bob the camera to the lovely keyboard beat is a great touch :razz: Who was holding it at that time anyway, Jay? Seth?
I believe it was Alex.

Also, That was really well done. It's the first entry in some time that I've had to actually go back and check things twice.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I think the reason for splitting seasons 2 and 3 was because after they neared the end on the "looking through the tapes in the hotel" arc they realized that they would either have to cut the "current time" arc short, have one really long 2nd season, or just split them up. I like how they have those arcs, timewise, it feels really well-paced.

I'm really liking how they've been handling the series, where every other Slenderman-themed series misstepped or fumbled along the way, these guys have kept things on schedule, consistent, all the while having time to film their hilarious side videos.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Clarington Grey posted:

It seems very early. In Tim's apartment no one is coughing, everyone looks healthy, no one is chugging water or taking pills, and Brian exists.

But if it is so early, why is Slendy in Tim's apartment?

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Angela Christine posted:

It seems very early. In Tim's apartment no one is coughing, everyone looks healthy, no one is chugging water or taking pills, and Brian exists.

But if it is so early, why is Slendy in Tim's apartment?

It would lend credence to the whole "Alex's Birthday is not doctored" theory that The Operator has been stalking Alex all his life. He just didn't notice because he can only really recall the encounters when they are filmed, and he didn't really use a video camera much until he became a film student.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

EvilRobot posted:

It would lend credence to the whole "Alex's Birthday is not doctored" theory that The Operator has been stalking Alex all his life. He just didn't notice because he can only really recall the encounters when they are filmed, and he didn't really use a video camera much until he became a film student.

I'm increasingly thinking this is the way it's going. Ties in with the sudden increase in appearances because Alex is supernaturally hosed when it comes to cameras. Just bad luck he decided to be a film student, I guess. Leaves the big questions to What Is Alex Doing, Who Is TTA and Why Is Alex Supernaturally hosed When It Comes To Cameras.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
That was a great episode, felt really natural, one of my favourites so far. I wasn't expecting that ending so it made me jump. Season 3 is starting off awesome :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Commissar posted:

I'm increasingly thinking this is the way it's going. Ties in with the sudden increase in appearances because Alex is supernaturally hosed when it comes to cameras. Just bad luck he decided to be a film student, I guess. Leaves the big questions to What Is Alex Doing, Who Is TTA and Why Is Alex Supernaturally hosed When It Comes To Cameras.

Part of me kind of wonders if its one of those "he feeds off fear" type deals like paranormal activity.

• Locked thread