Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

lu_ducky posted:

I know we've seen Slendy kind of shuffling around a little bit in the playground scene and the hallway scene, but I think this might be the fastest we've seen him move on tape. I really like that effect; good job guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

What's it like in funny little brains? It must be so boring.
I like the idea of Slendy being capable of more than we originally perceived. For the longest time he just lurked, then he moved a little, creepin' through windows, then we see his full movement in Return, then we get creepy slenderporting movement like in episode 26, and now we have this fast, sudden unnatural movement. It really adds to that feeling of "this is something we can't comprehend, and he's more than you expect him to be, so don't let your guard down".

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
He's already been shown to be obscenely fast under the right circumstances; there's one entry from season 1, which follows entry 1 chronologically, where he appears to circle around Alex's house in less time than it takes Alex to turn around and run across a hallway.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Pope Guilty posted:

He's already been shown to be obscenely fast under the right circumstances; there's one entry from season 1, which follows entry 1 chronologically, where he appears to circle around Alex's house in less time than it takes Alex to turn around and run across a hallway.

And entry 40 when he shows up right behind Jay after he did a full camera sweep of the area, so he can either move really fast or teleport when he feels like it

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Yeah, I know it's been implied that he can move quickly, I just thought it was cool to see it happening "live."

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

BlindSite posted:

Part of me kind of wonders if its one of those "he feeds off fear" type deals like paranormal activity.

Nah, it seems more like he feeds off the dead bodies Alex gives him. People do seem to get more paranoid the more they are stalked by The Operator, but emotionally they also tend to become a great deal more aggressive.

I also think there is a lot implied by the name "The Operator". Like, maybe it wasn't exactly Alex's choice to become a film student. It's been made pretty clear he didn't particularly have a natural affinity for it.

Forte
Oct 22, 2009

Where is your Belmont clan now?!
To me it feels like this entry had the best acting (minus Jessica) in the whole series. Everything felt very natural and Tim's pretty convincing. Even Alex sounded more comfortable.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

EvilRobot posted:

Nah, it seems more like he feeds off the dead bodies Alex gives him. People do seem to get more paranoid the more they are stalked by The Operator, but emotionally they also tend to become a great deal more aggressive.

I also think there is a lot implied by the name "The Operator". Like, maybe it wasn't exactly Alex's choice to become a film student. It's been made pretty clear he didn't particularly have a natural affinity for it.

As if he'd been destined to make bad movies from childhood...

Have we got a consensus on when this entry took place? It seems pretty clear it's before the gazebo scene since he's not yelling at everyone yet. Maybe even before the Brian in the car scene?

Everyone just seems so chill and happy, so either Alex hasn't started noticing or he's just forgotten for the moment and has nothing to remind him.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
My guess is that it is just after he starts noticing/seeking out The Operator, but before he starts being afraid of it

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.
Best moment was Tim's "If you really think the film is worth finishing." He alone knows how awful a director Alex was.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

MeccaPrime posted:

I know we've seen Slendy kind of shuffling around a little bit in the playground scene and the hallway scene, but I think this might be the fastest we've seen him move on tape. I really like that effect; good job guys!

In the video or that gif I can't really see anything that I can identify as slendy or anything else besides a shadow. I see a vertical shadow on the door and I see the shadow of the keyboard from the flashlight go away like there was a 2nd light source, but I don't see anything come in the room or move fast. What am I looking for? Is there one of those MSpaint outlines?

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

CampingCarl posted:

In the video or that gif I can't really see anything that I can identify as slendy or anything else besides a shadow. I see a vertical shadow on the door and I see the shadow of the keyboard from the flashlight go away like there was a 2nd light source, but I don't see anything come in the room or move fast. What am I looking for? Is there one of those MSpaint outlines?

If you can't get it from those gifs I dunno if you'll ever see it. The first one is really obvious and I was shocked people missed it in the video. The last one is hard to catch in realtime and just looks like a flicker, but in that gif it is very obviously a slenderleg sweeping quickly into the room.

Account Username
Dec 19, 2011

Did I leave the gas on?
We've seen Slendy move quickly in the past, but mostly it was off camera. He would be in one place one instant and then in another the next. Physical movement on camera was pretty limited to slow motion moves for the most part.

The only other time I can remember him moving fast on camera was in one of the very first entries when we see him through a window and he quickly turns his head towards the camera and Alex.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Account Username posted:

The only other time I can remember him moving fast on camera was in one of the very first entries when we see him through a window and he quickly turns his head towards the camera and Alex.

I seem to recall someone mentioning that that was actually an accident, and that one of the strings holding his head broke, but they kept it because it looked so good.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

I'm sorry, but the corny keyboard preset beat playing in the middle of the power outage made me love pre-Evil-Alex.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Eggnogium posted:

If you can't get it from those gifs I dunno if you'll ever see it. The first one is really obvious and I was shocked people missed it in the video. The last one is hard to catch in realtime and just looks like a flicker, but in that gif it is very obviously a slenderleg sweeping quickly into the room.
I was going to say the gif was what made me think it is a shadow but then I looked at it on another computer and it looked completely different. Some combination of a bad laptop and chrome made it look like 2/3 the frames were missing. I can see the leg now.

I think I would have preferred to not see him walking like that though. Its not too fast to be a person and too slow to not notice.

As far as I remember almost any time he has been standing still people don't notice him even in obvious places. Most of the time people do notice him he is already moving or may move as a reaction to being seen. So walking into the room, as opposed to teleport/moving so fast that he can't be seen, seems like he would be seen. That could have been the point and he entered the room to do "something" which may have ended the tape, but I just didn't get that impression. I guess I could be both right and wrong if that is what happened but it isn't shown until the next tape.

I hope I have sufficiently over analyzed the video way beyond its original intent. :)

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

EvilRobot posted:

I can see Jay getting more paranoid, but not that much more aggressive? He was pretty chill even when being confronted with a gun, if anything he is substantially calmer than it makes sense to be.

Also I love the idea that Alex is cursed from birth to be a lovely director. That is a pretty mild curse if not for Slendy ruining things.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Great entry! Was awesome to see all the guys together having fun before things turned to poo poo :3:

I hope we keep a good balance between current events / archived footage this season so things don't stagnate or feel like they're not moving forward.

Looking forward to the horrifically awkward conversation J will eventually have with Tim this season about the whole Masky/Slendy situation.

e: pre-rear end in a top hat Alex owns

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
Hey...I WONDER IF THE GUITAR CASE IS IMPORTANT

And by that I really mean...I wonder how it's important.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Eggnogium posted:

Yeah, I looked at the gif and I just see some vague shadow I don't see what the big deal i—

*looks at gif frame by frame*

:stare:
:cry:

Oh.

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

What's it like in funny little brains? It must be so boring.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

:stare:
:cry:

Oh.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

el_jewapo
Feb 16, 2011
Brian should have bashed out a beat on an upside down bin or something to complete the ukulele/battery operated keyboard/bongo drum hippy circle.

Excellent entry,had that season one feel to it like someone earlier said.

\/ \/ \/ My DVD was wrapped in the shirt.

el_jewapo fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 27, 2012

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
To the people who ordered both a t-shirt and a dvd, were they sent in seperate parcels? I received my t-shirt today, and the Customs label says that the dvd was included, but it's not in the parcel. I've sent the company an email, but wanted to check if anyone else had only one part of their order arrive.

Laddie Dog Legs
Nov 27, 2007

Daddy Long Legs!
My shirt and DVD came in separate packages and there was only one shipping slip, which I believe was in with the DVD. But they both arrived the same day.

Anyway, who's the guy in the white shirt at ~3:00? Is that Seth? It doesn't look like Brian to me.
(Maybe this is super obvious, but I didn't see anyone else mention it.)

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Hey...I WONDER IF THE GUITAR CASE IS IMPORTANT

And by that I really mean...I wonder how it's important.

Well I would guess it does, in fact, contain a guitar.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I hope that these tapes are going to show us how Tim ended up in the burned down buiding in Entry #51. I also hope we get to see more jam sessions in the future. :banjo:

e: On a sidenote, Brian repositions the flashlight to give him vision of the doorway just before the Slenderleg comes into the room. This might mean that Brian was already able to see the Operator for a couple of seconds before he walked into the room. But he just sat there, silently. :gonk:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 27, 2012

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
I wonder if as Jay goes through the tapes he's going to start finding some that are obviously from after Alex and Tim had stopped filming. Having a bunch of footage of Jay and Alex from S2 would be a good way to establish that Tim is TTA without having to just say it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Know Your Meme isn't what it used to be, but they just did a meme video about Slenderman, heavily inspired by Marble Hornets. It is worth a watch : http://youtu.be/shLHb270840

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Danyull posted:

Well I would guess it does, in fact, contain a guitar.

Which when Jay plays he wins the battle of the bands, The Operator is destroyed, and brings about world peace.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

soupcan58 posted:

Which when Jay plays he wins the battle of the bands, The Operator is destroyed, and brings about world peace.

Marble Hornets: A three year long Tenacious D reference.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Oasx posted:

Know Your Meme isn't what it used to be, but they just did a meme video about Slenderman, heavily inspired by Marble Hornets. It is worth a watch : http://youtu.be/shLHb270840

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

curiousTerminal posted:

I seem to recall someone mentioning that that was actually an accident, and that one of the strings holding his head broke, but they kept it because it looked so good.

Wait, really? That was unintentional? The way he suddenly turns his head and "stares" at Jay was such an awesome moment, I never would have imagined it would be the result of an accident.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I remember hearing that too, although I couldn't tell you where.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

404notfound posted:

Wait, really? That was unintentional? The way he suddenly turns his head and "stares" at Jay was such an awesome moment, I never would have imagined it would be the result of an accident.

You mean Alex.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

404notfound posted:

Which video is this?

pill for your ills
Mar 23, 2006

ghost rock.

TequilaJesus posted:

Which video is this?

Entry 1. Seems so long ago, doesn't it?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

pill for your ills posted:

Entry 1. Seems so long ago, doesn't it?

That's cause it was. Almost 3 years.

Uploaded by MarbleHornets on Jun 20, 2009

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

At the end of the tape with the audio distortion I figured maybe he might peek in through the doorway. The legs running in caught me off guard completely. First time I've actually jumped at any of these videos.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Peering through the door would have been total 'HEY GUYS WHAT YA DOIN' and probably would have looked funny. Plus I guess they're aware it's totally overdone by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Laddie Dog Legs posted:

Anyway, who's the guy in the white shirt at ~3:00? Is that Seth? It doesn't look like Brian to me.
(Maybe this is super obvious, but I didn't see anyone else mention it.)

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. It does appear to be Seth. Brian doesn't look exactly the same to me, either. Three years is a long time. :smith:

• Locked thread