Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

RagingBoner posted:

I'm here, I've just been asleep, and now I'm working on my numbers. Any last minute or still lurking donators better speak now or be left behind.

Edit:$42,125 goon total with an average donation of $84, more sexy graphs and charts to come...

I bought in for $30 dollars, I said I got in on second tier before but I don't think I mentioned dollar amount. Guess it's over now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Category Fun! posted:

Is that Mike Morhaime?

thepopstalinist posted:

He co-founded Blizzard!

Late to the party, but:

Brian Fargo (well, his company Interplay) was Blizzard's original publisher (including the period when Blizzard was still named Silicon and Synapse), starting with Morhaine's very first game, RPM racing, and including most of the games they made up to and including the first Warcraft game.

Interplay was also the first publisher for then little-known companies Treyarch and Xatrix (who later became Grey Matter and then later still merged with Treyarch).

So you have Brian Fargo to thank for not only Wasteland, but also (indirectly) for giving a jump start to what would later become the 800 lb Gorillas of World of Warcraft and Call of Duty.

:eng101:

Also late to the party on this, but RagingBoner should add me to the tally for $50 on the kickstarter. Donated the first day, but hadn't really thought it was important to list it here; but since some people apparently are keeping track, there it is.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

AxeManiac posted:

I will probably try a cheater run of Wasteland one more time before the new one is out.

Would this be something like "give all characters climb, get NPC without climb, go to [special climb spot], use something to hold down move keep, go to bed, wake up with Supreme Jerk team?"

Or just a straight up "edit characters and give them shitloads of cash/items/skills" kind of cheat?

Momomo posted:

I dropped $15 on this yesterday. I never played the first game and the only Fallout I've played is New Vegas, but if the result is anything like that, I'll be satisfied.

Good news, Fallout 1 and 2 are better than Fallout Scrolls 3 and NV.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

RagingBoner posted:

I'm here, I've just been asleep, and now I'm working on my numbers. Any last minute or still lurking donators better speak now or be left behind.

Edit:$42,125 goon total with an average donation of $84, more sexy graphs and charts to come...

Thank you very much!

Now, for the LP, I'm going to vote for:
The West Wind
Human Folly
Ace Creamcone
A Vicious Pug

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I didn't post it, but I pledged the 75 buck pledge or whateva a few days ago.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Uh oh. I upped my original pledge to $50, but forgot to upgrade my loot to get the map and stuff. I left the team a message via Kickstarter basically begging. We'll see.

Moosecaboose
Mar 27, 2010
I put in $30. I couldn't help it after they added all that to the second tier.

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

For the LP:

The West Wind
Human Folly
A Vicious Pug
Ace Creamcone

For Wasteland 2:

Giving money directly to the developers feels so clean.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I am going to use all four votes for The West Wind.
Imagine a party of four winds, all from the west, on the edge of a cliff

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Francois Kofko posted:

I am going to use all four votes for The West Wind.
Imagine a party of four winds, all from the west, on the edge of a cliff

I'm still disappointed that Crimson Haze/bestowed never really left much of a legacy compared to Zybourne Clock.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Mordaedil posted:

A lurker named Blue Waffles that I know IRL told me he donated $15. I told him it was a weak donation and he cried that social services don't pay him enough.

I see this as hell of a lot more acceptable use of my tax money than what my government is throwing it at.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
The last couple people who just posted were not included in any of these numbers:

Pretty Graphs:

And why was I collecting names AND totals? For this:

Vector:

And of course,
T-Shirt:

If anyone really wants a shirt, maybe we can get a group print done? I'm definitely getting 2 done.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

RagingBoner posted:

T-Shirt:

If anyone really wants a shirt, maybe we can get a group print done? I'm definitely getting 2 done.

:swoon: I'd probably order one if a sizable enough group does as well.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
That is rad.

Found my name. :woop:

If we can get a good rate I am in for a shirt.

pixelbaron fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 18, 2012

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

RagingBoner posted:

And of course,
T-Shirt:

I'd probably be down if we can get a group rate and they were decently priced.

I'm trying to decide if I want to wait for the LP or try to track down a copy myself.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

RagingBoner posted:

Vector:

I'm one name away from Quarex :frogc00l:

Also that shirt is pretty awesome

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Makes me proud that I did my part.

I didn't find myself in the rough glance over it so I cannot brag about where I'm at.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I'm proud to say I'm a part of the backbone. Not as glorious as being next to Quarex, but ultimately necessary. Fitting for my modest $50 donation.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Here is our price quote:

radombattle, you are the left side of the "A" in "RANGER"

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
My name looks like it is trying to detach itself.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

RagingBoner posted:

Here is our price quote:

I figure it'd be about $3 shipping roughly, so about $15 each if we can get 25 orders. I'd be down for that and would probably get 2 if we could get it to the 100+ tier.

Electric Pope
Oct 29, 2011

Oh I'm still alive
I'm still alive
I can't apologize, no
Mine and Cock Goblins names seem to have a thing going on. I.. I like it.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

RagingBoner posted:

Here is our price quote:

Very reasonable indeed, especially if we can get 25.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Your a super stud Mr. Boner.

I couldn't find my name and was all, "drat you Jonny Spider!" :argh:

Then I realized I was reading it wrong.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I, for one, would go in for that shirt. I found myself almost immediately, too. :swoon:

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Forgot to throw this in my post:

http://www.tagxedo.com/art/7d596b9d5126452a

That program ROCKS, btw. You can do some really neat stuff with it, for instance, I thought about sizing everyone's names by how much they put in (which would be easily doable). It looked crummy, so I scrapped it.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Legitimately amazed. A thing of titanic beauty. It is not often that I would be involved with something on the Internet and then want to wear a shirt about it. This is such a time.

Great color, too. Not boring white or stereotype black!

No but seriously, look at that shirt. That is a better t-shirt than most professionally-designed shirts I have ever owned. No, than I have ever seen. I LOVE IT. OH drat.

QUICK EVERYBODY RESERVE LIKE SIX

Edit: I also like that my browser starts choking when it tries to scroll past that post. "NO DUDE SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THIS I REFUSE TO GO ANY FARTHER UNTIL YOU DO"

Edit: It is so nice :unsmith:

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 18, 2012

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Well for the record, I'd be in for one shirt with the 25 pcs price or two for the 100 pcs price.

How are their international shipping fees? I'm assuming it's a US company?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

It took me a bit to find my name, but it was in an easy place once I did find it.

Yeah, a shirt would be nice, especially if we get it down to the 100-shirt set.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Fewd posted:

Well for the record, I'd be in for one shirt with the 25 pcs price and two for the 100 pcs price.

After looking at the way the have it set up, I'd have get the order shipped to me, and then ship them all individually after I recieve them.

A bit clunky, but they have a much larger print area and far better print quality than any other site I checked.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Fewd posted:

With that pricing, I doubt they'd mail out individual orders. We would have to have someone buy them and then ship them out to us.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
It is kind of amazing how cheap the shirts get that quickly. The 25-to-100 tier is a great price for an awesome shirt, and yeah, as Young Freud said, the 100+ tier is so ridiculous.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

RagingBoner posted:

After looking at the way the have it set up, I'd have get the order shipped to me, and then ship them all individually after I recieve them.

A bit clunky, but they have a much larger print area and far better print quality than any other site I checked.

If you're willing to do that, it would be awesome to own that piece of art you created (which could only be more accurate if Quarex's name took up the whole thing/was repeated multiple times).

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

RagingBoner posted:

Forgot to throw this in my post:

http://www.tagxedo.com/art/7d596b9d5126452a

That program ROCKS, btw. You can do some really neat stuff with it, for instance, I thought about sizing everyone's names by how much they put in (which would be easily doable). It looked crummy, so I scrapped it.
I was going to to say “so now is the time the sneaky among us say how much we donated, so you have to do it all over”, but if it's that easy, then what's the fun… :D

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

Here is our price quote:

Can you guys order next month? I get more cash monies then :(

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Well, there is already WAY more interest in this than I thought... What would be the easiest shipping method? USPS has small flat rate boxes for $5.15, but could I just show up at a UPS store and give them my list of addresses and what I'm shipping?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
That shirt is fantastic. Totally cool with getting one, regardless which rate we get.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

CommissarMega posted:

Can you guys order next month? I get more cash monies then :(

What if we do a kickstarter for the t-shirts! :downs:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

Well, there is already WAY more interest in this than I thought... What would be the easiest shipping method? USPS has small flat rate boxes for $5.15, but could I just show up at a UPS store and give them my list of addresses and what I'm shipping?

And won't shipping charges increase like WHOA depending on where it's going to? I live in Malaysia, hence my desire to not spend overmuch this month- buying the t-shirt is okay, but the shipping charges might eat into my emergency funds, and that's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Guess who forgot they pledged $150 until now?

Hooray for drunken kickstarter! :haw:

• Locked thread