Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

EvilRobot posted:

Did he say it was a mental hospital? Because if he did, that's probably a pretty important plot point.

This idea sends me imagination running wild. Maybe slendy has been stalking tim for a long time and caused that fire. Or maybe tim set the fire and somehow created slendy. Or maybe slendy is some sort of physical manifestation of tim's greatest fears and has in turn been tormenting him.

I would be cool with any of these possibilities. Of course, I'm probably way off the mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

What's it like in funny little brains? It must be so boring.

EvilRobot posted:

Did he say it was a mental hospital? Because if he did, that's probably a pretty important plot point.

He doesn't say it was a mental hospital. He says:

quote:

There's like this old, burn out hospital-looking place back where I used to live, that might pass as a school.

He never says that it's a mental hospital.

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!
Well nothing new lately on the MH front, but their other channel has a great new short.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Dear Joseph, why are you sweating heavily in like, every video?

Also, you kind of looked like Michael Cera with that 'stache

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.

Iron Chitlin posted:

Well nothing new lately on the MH front, but their other channel has a great new short.

When you die in jazz, you die in real life!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Hongkongaton posted:

Dear Joseph, why are you sweating heavily in like, every video?

Also, you kind of looked like Michael Cera with that 'stache

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

I will never listen to jazz the same way again.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Iron Chitlin posted:

As usual, I must ask, :wtc: These guys own.

Also Troy posted that they are on a quick break due to work but we can maybe expect something in the next week.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

You've gotta really respect Tim as an actor. Spends his personal time acting in this when he's not appearing in Glee as Blaine.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Docjowles posted:

As usual, I must ask, :wtc: These guys own.

Also Troy posted that they are on a quick break due to work but we can maybe expect something in the next week.

I have to sit through an ad for this?

I mean seriously, I spit up beer. What are we, first year Comedy Central? (I wish)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pehther posted:

I have to sit through an ad for this?

I mean seriously, I spit up beer. What are we, first year Comedy Central? (I wish)

Haha. Pro Thunderball does seem like the kind of poo poo they'd come up with. Thanks for reminding me of that skit, in a roundabout way.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Iron Chitlin posted:

Tim is literally a human cartoon character.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This thread is terrible. Make a new one.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

angerbutt posted:

This thread is terrible. Make a new one.

What would this "new thread" be like, and how would it be better than this one?

There isn't nearly as much :spergin: as there used to be. It's like we've forgotten our roots.

I miss Slenderpig. I hope he's ok. :ohdear:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Do you not want us to talk about their other videos when they're not doing Marble Hornets stuff? I mean, this topic is only 16 pages, so we can probably continue it with new rules. I'm obviously not the one who wrote the topic, so I don't want to start a new one myself and just copy the OP or anything like that.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As a fan of MH I like this thread. Keep it going.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
Whoa, modhate out of left field! And angerbot of all people? :psyduck:
I feel very confused.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

But I like this thread. :(

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
This thread has a good OP and good discussion between episodes. Not sure where that came from.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I know there's an admin or mod of GBS that doesn't like Slenderman, as whoever it was went through and edited the names of all the topics (Everyman Hybrid I guess, I don't follow any of the other besides Marble Hornets though, and I don't know if it's just the two now). I've forgotten what this topic was called before the name it has now, but I thought it was a good title before it got edited to this one.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

IUG posted:

I've forgotten what this topic was called before the name it has now

Tony Inchpractice posted:

Marble Hornets 3 - Hello, Operator?

I prefer it too.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
There seems to be a whole lot of mod stuff going on in GBS right now in my favorite threads. Dunno why they picked my favorites to single out as "bad." There's a reason I have them bookmarked and don't visit GBS!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Pretty sure they're culling GBS so that it's not just full of the same few megathreads popping up every day.

Is there a reason this thread is here and not in the TV or Movies Thread?

Also,

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=242

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Drunk Tomato posted:

Pretty sure they're culling GBS so that it's not just full of the same few megathreads popping up every day.

Is there a reason this thread is here and not in the TV or Movies Thread?

Also,

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=242

I think we had discussed it once...it isn't exactly a movie and it isn't TV, so it doesn't belong in those places.

P/C didn't exist when we had that discussion, though.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Yeah, P/C might make more sense. Or cinemadiscusso even? I think it's a pretty niche topic to be in GBS.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I don't really think this thread has enough of a :supaburn:SLENDERMAN IS REAL:supaburn: edge to justify putting it in P/C.

I can definitely get behind the idea of moving it over to Cinema Discusso, though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
P/C is a joke forum that's probably going to be gone in a week though.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Just watched this entry. For some reason I love when a whole bunch of inconsequential small talk makes the final cut. I can't tell if it's on purpose to add realism or a result of them only having a vague script and just badly improving, but either way it's hilarious.

My favorite is the one where Alex and J pull up to Amy/Jessica's house and for like a whole minute J quizzes Alex about how the building is subdivided and how the neighbors deal with the parking situation, etc.

That's all I've got.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
New tweet from Jay

marblehornets twitter posted:

Just called Tim to make sure he's still around. Don't want him disappearing after I'm through with his tapes

No poo poo Jay, you don't want the guy with a violent mask wearing alter ego who has stalked you in the past to go anywhere without your knowledge.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

IIRC the first MH thread was created under the false impression that the series was actually an ARG, and GBS is where those threads go I guess. The thread gets nowhere near the amount of dialogue now as it did during the days of season 1. It probably should go in some quiet sub forum now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Farmyard Agency posted:

IIRC the first MH thread was created under the false impression that the series was actually an ARG, and GBS is where those threads go I guess. The thread gets nowhere near the amount of dialogue now as it did during the days of season 1. It probably should go in some quiet sub forum now.

Season 3 just started. Give it an entry or two and people with start posting all sorts of dumb poo poo. Hopefully there won't be any girls for there to be creepy poo poo over.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

Len posted:

Season 3 just started. Give it an entry or two and people with start posting all sorts of dumb poo poo. Hopefully there won't be any girls for there to be creepy poo poo over.

If you'll recall, there don't have to be girls for people to get creepy. There was a fair bit of discussion about whether Jay, Tim, or Alex was the best looking in the season 1 thread.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

CynCyanide posted:

If you'll recall, there don't have to be girls for people to get creepy. There was a fair bit of discussion about whether Jay, Tim, or Alex was the best looking in the season 1 thread.

Did you miss the creepyness over Jessica in season 2?

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

CynCyanide posted:

Some pretty awesome art to that effect, too.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tim linked this on Facebook today and it is god damned amazing. Marble Hornets: A True Story Parody video, no jump scare or anything.

Also, next entry may be coming soon, Troy tweeted one of his "uninteresting screenshots".

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Danny Glover playing Tim is the best thing.

Just got back from Cabin in the Woods (it was amazing go see it). I can't help but feel that if the movie was shot a few years later (originally 2009) we would have seen Slendy in it ... since it was basically SCP Foundation: the movie. :allears:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

@marblehornets posted:

Entry #56 will be uploaded later tonight.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Oh, good! I'm staying up all night to study, a good scare will make sure I stay awake.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fw0i-bbc7M&feature=g-u-u

It's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

4:50 As soon as I saw Alex bend over and pick up that rod, I went "Ooh poo poo. This is bad." :ohdear: That was a really cool Slendy shot! What knocked over the camera, his presence?

• Locked thread