Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

Broken Loose posted:

People who want shirts? $25 for a shirt I'll never wear isn't really that much dude, not everybody works at Urban Outfitters or whatever.

A Dollar?????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

People who play video games need to make money somehow so you better by a video game player shirt with the person who plays video games on it so you can share the video game player on your shirt and support them because it's fun to look at the game player and they play games.

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

bleep posted:

People who play video games need to make money somehow so you better by a video game player shirt with the person who plays video games on it so you can share the video game player on your shirt and support them because it's fun to look at the game player and they play games.

It's really hilarious, this whole celebrity thing they think they have with a bunch of really Cool Dudes

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Who loving needs a tshirt for 25 bucks at all besides a teenager or something. Yeah I need a cool shirt for my 'cleaning the bathroom and sit at home hungover' day. I better get some bitchin art on that shirt of Jwonnnnng and Marn making out

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Lollin' at anyone paying money for clothes, or also, expressing themselves through their choice of clothing. These are some of the many things that are incomprehensible, to me.

I have, in addition, calculated the Heat Retention Per Dollar metric of football jerseys and determined that they are deeply suboptimal, compared to covering yourself in inexpensive plastic wrap.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

When my friend (who works at a T-Shirt company) came home with a BrokenTier Yipes shirt two weeks after this I gave him endless amounts of poo poo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-seBa6u6qQ

NO, WE'RE TRYING TO EMBARRASS THESE PEOPLE, NOT BUY THEIR loving T SHIRTS

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

Ashenai posted:

expressing themselves through their choice of clothing.

Haha, yes. That's what's going on here.

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."

AndyElusive posted:

I just want to state that this is one of the best FGC related shirts and that I desperately want it.

Having little clue who this dude is; the design's pretty cool; I'd wear it. Is the guy the shirt depicts a terrible person or something?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Six Of Spades posted:

Having little clue who this dude is; the design's pretty cool; I'd wear it. Is the guy the shirt depicts a terrible person or something?

No, its Ricky Ortiz and the shirt is cool. But I guess people don't want to buy shirts of fighting game players or something.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Six Of Spades posted:

No he's amazing, it's just weird that people are reaching pseudo-celebrity status because they are good at winning fighting game tournaments.

Electric Crayon
Jul 20, 2004

Oh, it's you!
"gently caress yeah bro. Check it. Evil Geniuses ORTIZ shirt. Oh, you don't know what that is? Well, why don't you kick back a PBR and let me tell you about competitive fighting games and competitive fighting game crews...No, it's totally different from that Fred Savage movie. I mean, there is a guy that wear's a PowerGlove, but..."

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."

Jmcrofts posted:

No he's amazing, it's just weird that people are reaching pseudo-celebrity status because they are good at winning fighting game tournaments.

Hm, yeah, I can understand that. Though in a way, it doesn't feel much different from webcomic people releasing t-shirts of their designs. If you liked the design and wanted to support the person who made it, then sure, go nuts. Though until, say, small-time sports leagues start printing merch - I guess FGC t-shirts are unusual.

I quickly youtubed him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMBpJu6fnUM
He seems pretty chill, honestly. Dresses like he does on the t-shirt too. :3:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Don't wear video game apparel and especially don't wear a tshirt of a loving player jesus

Electric Crayon
Jul 20, 2004

Oh, it's you!
The Marn shirt only comes in XXXL. He is shown kicking a dog on it. The type reads "Marn is fat and kicks dogs."

edit: copyright Evil Geniuses.

edit again: I thought of better copy to fit in line with the other shirt: "Dog Kicking at it's finest." Copyright me do not steal.

Electric Crayon fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 27, 2012

quanch
Dec 18, 2003
i feel like eg is trying to treat it's fighting game players like it's starcraft 2 players. starcraft 2 players are a lot more prone to buy that type of poo poo.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
The really strange part of that Ricky shirt is that it also comes with a pair of hot pants to wear with it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That shirt ain't that bad, the design is okay and if people ask you about it you can always spin it into a tale of this punk band called EG where the lead singer dive kicks into the crowd and you probably never heard of them they are underground and hip

Although that might be worse. Hipsters are worse than gamers. In fact, you should probably just wear plain grey t-shirts and 501s. That should be an alt costume for Rufus, by the way.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
I haven't worn clothing my entire life and don't plan to start anytime soon, sorry ricky

Zoolooman
Mar 30, 2003

Ashenai posted:

Lollin' at anyone paying money for clothes, or also, expressing themselves through their choice of clothing. These are some of the many things that are incomprehensible, to me.

I have, in addition, calculated the Heat Retention Per Dollar metric of football jerseys and determined that they are deeply suboptimal, compared to covering yourself in inexpensive plastic wrap.

I wrap myself in discarded shopping bags. If you do the math, you'll find that from the fourth layer onward, you may keep all the sweat, but you also keep the heat. >:D

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As mentioned before, I only wear yomi layers, really. True FG apparel.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Is yomi the new homogeneous /SoCal?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya I guess you guys are right. That shirt is loving horrible. Red. The art looks stupid and has some weirdo cross dressing gamer dude who's awesome at finger puzzles or whatever in heels doing some kind of crane kick? How nerdy, hipster and awful. I don't know what I was thinking wanting to buy a shirt.

Lets all talk about how dumb that Sony Smash Bros game is and forget I ever mentioned my peculiar taste in underwear.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 27, 2012

tranceMD
Apr 25, 2006

Forsooth! Methinks thou art no ordinary talking chicken.
If it has a logo on it, you're selling out. If it has something related to a video game on it, you're a nerd.

You guys really need to keep up on your Official Clothing Rules. It's pretty important. You just aren't going to measure up to my hip standards otherwise.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
A lot of people don't want to wear videogame shirts not really sure why this is a big thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I haven't heard anything solid about this Sony Smash Bros thing, does it look enjoyable at the very least?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Dias posted:

I haven't heard anything solid about this Sony Smash Bros thing, does it look enjoyable at the very least?

It looks extremely similar to Smash Bros so if you like Smash you'll want to give it a whirl.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

PunkBoy posted:

Is yomi the new homogeneous /SoCal?

I don't know but video game shirts are pretty socal.

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

Mr. Fun posted:

A lot of people don't want to wear videogame shirts not really sure why this is a big thing.

It's cool... not an identifiable video game shirt to most people! Probably 95% of the people that can identify it would make fun / lose respect for the person wearing it though.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Why do people buy a shirt like that again? If you want to support, then just go play against him in tourney and compliment his play. Give him a golf clap after every round.

Also, Sony's Smash Bros. game looks okay.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Dane Cook Torrent posted:

It's cool... not an identifiable video game shirt to most people! Probably 95% of the people that can identify it would make fun / lose respect for the person wearing it though.

Actually I don't think anybody would really give a poo poo.

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

Trykt posted:

Actually I don't think anybody would really give a poo poo.

I know you're wrong with regards to SoCal players, and even moreso with regards to the south. This subject came up as a hypothetical before and then eventually reality. I have no loving idea where you play dude but it's the biggest chump thing you can do unless you ham it up and play the 'lol its cool its ironic' card that is doled out so often these days.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

I know you're wrong with regards to SoCal players, and even moreso with regards to the south. This subject came up as a hypothetical before and then eventually reality. I have no loving idea where you play dude but it's the biggest chump thing you can do unless you ham it up and play the 'lol its cool its ironic' card that is doled out so often these days.

But it seems like almost every SoCal player wears some FGC-related shirt, at least to tournaments.

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

kaujot posted:

But it seems like almost every SoCal player wears some FGC-related shirt, at least to tournaments.

See the latter, every time someone was drunk at at my friends house that poo poo was hammered. Also, think about the image they are trying to build etc I guess...

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So in one way or another the shirt really is SoCal.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 27, 2012

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

You're wrong and way too upset about this, tons of people wear FG shirts all the time to all the events I go to, including regionals/majors, nobody is pointing and laughing and snickering behind a dude's back about it. Maybe you and your friends are but frankly you're a huge loving rear end in a top hat and I'm sure your friends are representative of that.

edit: also LMAO "the south", you know A Thing about the GA scene and you're qualified to talk about the south

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

Trykt posted:

You're wrong and way too upset about this, tons of people wear FG shirts all the time to all the events I go to, including regionals/majors, nobody is pointing and laughing and snickering behind a dude's back about it. Maybe you and your friends are but frankly you're a huge loving rear end in a top hat and I'm sure your friends are representative of that.

I don't think Steve is an rear end in a top hat? I sure am and so are you but he isn't and neither are my friends that he lives with.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Lain, you are really SoCal.

Deal with it.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I would make fun of myself for wearing an FGC shirt I wouldn't need anyone to do it for me.

eSKAObar
Sep 27, 2003
Ask me about our everyday low prices!

kaujot posted:

This is true, but we are huge nerds anyway sooo

Nobody cares what you wear, unless you are that dude in the tiger costume (fire lygah?) then that guy is kind of weird but he's really enthusiastic about fighting games so you really can't hate on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

interrodactyl posted:

Lain, you are really SoCal.

Deal with it.

Mayne I do not even live there and just visit sometimes.

I'm telling you guys what other people say(I'd be saying the same poo poo though no doubt) there because I cannot help but hear it when I talk to them. I'm really sorry it hurts Trykt, you seem a little upset yourself there buddy.

• Locked thread