Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I suppose I'm good, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Mordaedil posted:

I suppose I'm good, right?

Oh yeah, you're good. I'm re-mailing everyone who has yet to respond so far.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

RagingBoner posted:

"What's so awful about that? Sure, their dreadlocks are kinda gross loo-:stare:"

In other news, 14 people have yet to reply to my first name cull email.
I think this new page is an excellent time to re-post your name cull list!

Also for me to post that I am currently working on my intro video. Even though I have not finished making my characters for the game yet. :totallymegabodaciouslyawesome:

PSI-5
Aug 21, 2007

The servolator is fried.

RagingBoner posted:

Oh yeah, you're good. I'm re-mailing everyone who has yet to respond so far.
I will definitely get a shirt but I haven't placed my order yet. Should I just order now to make it easier?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

PSI-5 posted:

I will definitely get a shirt but I haven't placed my order yet. Should I just order now to make it easier?

Why not? I'll be able to keep you more directly updated about what is going on, and I won't be taking money until the end of May at the earliest.

:siren: PRE-ORDER YOUR SHIRT HERE!!! :siren:

siren is the the only emote I know how to use...

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Kharmakazy posted:

Looks like a gay dinosaur with a saddle.

I don't know why my mind did this, but I just imagined one of those pictures of Jesus riding a dinosaur, only with the saddle, and perhaps Jesus waving his cowboy hat in the air, and the headline 'INACCURACIES IN THE BIBLE REVEALED!' with the message below the image enlightening us with "WHO MADE THE SADDLE?!?!??"

Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun and TSW all need to come out real soon because I can't even work up the gumption to play any of my other video games right now and I'm going through southern withdrawls, y'all.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

RagingBoner posted:

I'm re-mailing everyone who has yet to respond so far.

4 people left to respond to my name cull. I only know the forum name of one of them, and that is SenseLess. The others didn't leave a user name, and I don't think they'd be comfortable with me sharing their email publicly.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

RagingBoner posted:

"What's so awful about that? Sure, their dreadlocks are kinda gross loo-:stare:"

In other news, 14 people have yet to reply to my first name cull email.

:siren: IF YOU PRE-ORDERED A SHIRT AND HAVE NOT YET REPLIED TO MY UPDATE #2, PLEASE DO SO! :siren:

How long do we have to preorder the shirt so its not terribly frustrating for you? I am broke and was hoping to wait as long as I could manage. :v:

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

MotU posted:

How long do we have to preorder the shirt so its not terribly frustrating for you? I am broke and was hoping to wait as long as I could manage. :v:

May 18th at the very very latest, but May 17th just to be safe.

Go ahead and order it, I won't be taking money until after the shirts are printed and ready to ship (2 week printing process, plus 2 week shipping...) We are looking at mid-June at the earliest for you to be paying me.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

RagingBoner posted:

4 people left to respond to my name cull. I only know the forum name of one of them, and that is SenseLess. The others didn't leave a user name, and I don't think they'd be comfortable with me sharing their email publicly.
Probably not, though if you just wrote the part before the @ in the address, they could probably still figure it out. Nobody is going to be up in arms at having "the existence of the first part of my e-mail address" listed publicly ... I think. Someone stop me if this is crazy and I am missing something, though.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

Quarex posted:

:mad:

Thanks for the correction. This is what I get for remembering that it predated 1984 significantly but not remembering how significantly. I think I assumed from the "Our Ford" stuff that it was 1910 at the latest.

For those of you who have not read both 1984 and Brave New World, and have some vague idea that when people refer to "1984/Big Brother/War Is Peace/et cetera" they mean OMG THEY ARE TAKING OUR RIGHTS AWAY!, you should read this brilliant understanding of why Aldous Huxley's Brave New World not only came first, but came true:

will you please donate to my Centrifugal Bumble-puppy Kickstarter

Anyway, the important thing is still this:

But both were based on even earlier We , which really had no tv

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Quarex posted:

Probably not, though if you just wrote the part before the @ in the address, they could probably still figure it out. Nobody is going to be up in arms at having "the existence of the first part of my e-mail address" listed publicly ... I think. Someone stop me if this is crazy and I am missing something, though.

Or just * out a bunch of the characters. You can't use * in an email address right?

Fake edit: Apparently you can but who does that? Nobody cool enough to be a Wasteland 2 goon, that's who.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

RagingBoner posted:

i emailed you but for the life of me can't remember if i included my username. Can you tell me if i'm one of the people?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
"Will ***********@********.******* please confirm the shirt order"

funakupo posted:

But both were based on even earlier We , which really had no tv
I have never heard of this. It is even the first Google search result for "We," which seems unlikely. I totally have to read it RIGHT NOW. Oh no ... but ... I must keep working on my Let's Play first!

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

njark posted:

i emailed you but for the life of me can't remember if i included my username. Can you tell me if i'm one of the people?

Well, what is your email?

Edit: Only 3 people left to respond, I sent a PM to SenseLess, the other two emails are nagastolemybike and stabemokids.

REPONDEZ MAINTENANT SIL VOUS PLAIT

RagingBoner fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Apr 29, 2012

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

Edit: Only 3 people left to respond, I sent a PM to SenseLess, the other two emails are nagastolemybike and stabemokids.

I just placed my order, be advised that I can pay :) We can do it via PayPal or simple credit card, right?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

CommissarMega posted:

I just placed my order, be advised that I can pay :) We can do it via PayPal or simple credit card, right?

Yes, if by "simple credit card" you mean "a credit card purchase through an Amazon account"

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

RagingBoner posted:

nevermind i did. can't wait.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
It's been over 24 hours since someone signed up for a shirt... and with this thread pretty much having petered out, I doubt anyone else will be signing up.

I'm kinda anxious to get this thing rolling, so would anybody object to me ending the sign-up tomorrow (instead of the middle of May)? That way I can order the shirts and get them shipped out even earlier.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
No objections here. End of april is a good of a deadline as mid-may anyway. And if you're waiting for income, you probably should spend it on something better than a t-shirt if you couldn't take the money to spend on it already.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

RagingBoner posted:

It's been over 24 hours since someone signed up for a shirt... and with this thread pretty much having petered out, I doubt anyone else will be signing up.

I'm kinda anxious to get this thing rolling, so would anybody object to me ending the sign-up tomorrow (instead of the middle of May)? That way I can order the shirts and get them shipped out even earlier.

I was going to sign up towards the end because I don't know if I can afford it yet :ohdear: (haven't heard if I've got a job post-graduation yet essentially)

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
How are the numbers looking in terms of "how many signed up before" versus "how many have confirmed now?" I would say if nearly everyone confirmed, you should just order a couple extra and go for it. But of course I would say that; I am a figment of your imagination.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Quarex posted:

How are the numbers looking in terms of "how many signed up before" versus "how many have confirmed now?" I would say if nearly everyone confirmed, you should just order a couple extra and go for it. But of course I would say that; I am a figment of your imagination.

Just those two email addresses I mentioned earlier have yet to respond. Which leaves me looking at about an $800 out of pocket order, and praying that I get recouped.

Doubt I will order any extras, just out of fear of flakes and/or payment issues.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I was going to sign up towards the end because I don't know if I can afford it yet :ohdear: (haven't heard if I've got a job post-graduation yet essentially)

Go ahead and sign up. At the very worst, I'll have 1 extra shirt.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I'd been considering it, you pushed me over, good price for just a shirt and it even has my name on it... Even if I may be ashamed to wear goon names outside my house.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Yeah, probably a good thing to get this cracking now. That way you're not left holding the bag on anything.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
I'm pretty sure most people fanatical enough to buy a shirt have already ordered it so yea, might as well end it a bit earlier.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Ah crap, this is what I get for not checking this thread while out of town!

I'll shoot you my order info when I get home this afternoon, but I'm definitely down for a shirt!

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

Quarex posted:

I have never heard of this. It is even the first Google search result for "We," which seems unlikely. I totally have to read it RIGHT NOW. Oh no ... but ... I must keep working on my Let's Play first!

It is a bit more emotional than the others, but still worth it to read. It is also good to know I can make comments about soma and someone will not assume I am talking about the muscle relaxer... OR AM I?

I was introduced to them all by LastInLine, which would be really cool except we watched the made-for-tv special about Brave New World; that put a dint on the experience. Nimoy and overalls did not save it.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Signed up for a shirt an sent you and e-mail.

I told my girlfriend I was getting a shirt with my name on it, and she stared at me. Then I told her it wasn't going to be my real name, but my internet name. I think she left me.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Jonny Retro posted:

I told my girlfriend I was getting a shirt with my name on it, and she stared at me. Then I told her it wasn't going to be my real name, but my internet name. I think she left me.

At least you get a neat t-shirt! With your (internet) name on it and everything!

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I just hope it's absorbent. I cry big man tears.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So, hey, R. Boner, did you mention how much international shipping will cost? Not sure if I can manage the shirt + shipping, but heck, better check first.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
What the heck, in for a shirt too. Might as well go all the way!

PSI-5
Aug 21, 2007

The servolator is fried.
I signed up a day or two ago. International shipping and all.

My love for Raging Boner knows no bounds.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Jonny Retro posted:

Sorry buddy but I'm pretty sure that having an internet shirt and having a girlfriend are mutually exclusive. Should've thought of that before you ordered. :colbert:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yet another thread-relevant-interview-thing (read the beautiful words "Chris Avellone spends 2-3 days a week here doing stuff!"):
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/04/30/151550273/to-predict-dating-success-the-secrets-in-the-pronouns(?????????????)
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/wasteland-2-lead-brian-fargo-discusses-the-future-of-his-crowd-funded-rpg/ is the actual link; thanks Fintilgin for pointing out that my computer has gone into business for itself

funakupo posted:

It is a bit more emotional than the others, but still worth it to read. It is also good to know I can make comments about soma and someone will not assume I am talking about the muscle relaxer... OR AM I? I was introduced to them all by LastInLine, which would be really cool except we watched the made-for-tv special about Brave New World; that put a dint on the experience. Nimoy and overalls did not save it.
Definitely something I am going to check out. Except for the television special about Brave New World. What was it? Like, a roundtable discussion? A formal reading? A song-and-dance routine?

Jonny Retro posted:

hahahahaha

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 1, 2012

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

New update on the devblog: http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/blog/

quote:

You found us! Please bookmark this page for future reference. Since we have some backers who supported us through Kickstarter and others through PayPal, we’ve decided to use this space for all new updates related to Wasteland 2. We will still send out reminders through Kickstarter when we post important updates, but check back often for development information and to give your fan feedback.

Now that we’re funded, you’re probably wondering what happens for the next 18 months. We’ve been hard at work preparing our core design principles vision document. This document contains a solid overview of the important elements from which we will be crafting the detailed game design document. Before we started on the vision document, we spent a lot of time on our forums reading what elements you feel are important and what systems and features you’re not too fond of. The vision document will be available on our Wasteland portal in the next few weeks.

We already have an amazing community on our forums, and we know that it’s going to get better and better as we get further along in the game. If you haven’t done so already, head there and let us know what’s important to you. We’ve seen some wonderful suggestions that have already improved the vision of the game!

We are still working with some backers on account reconciliation through Amazon, and we will have a final list of all backers and reward tiers tomorrow. Very soon we will prepare the questionnaires that correspond to your reward tier. Here you will be able to give us all relevant information on your shirt size, NPC characters name, what package you want or any other applicable bits relating to the reward you selected. Any information relating to in-game rewards (i.e. Statues, weapon names, shrines) we will use when setting our production specifications, so please try to send it back relatively soon. We’ll set a deadline on it, but you’ll have a few weeks to reply.

Once we have that information back, we will also set up a backer database on our site. You will be able to login with the user information you presented to Kickstarter or PayPal and can manage your reward tier here. If you move in the future, just stop by and update your address. If you’d prefer to be contacted at a different email, modify that in our database. If you accidentally selected the wrong reward, you will have the opportunity to change it. If you wanted a higher tier, but didn’t have the funds to secure it during the campaign, you will be able to upgrade your tier in a backer-only store. We are not changing any of the tier limits, so sold out tiers are unavailable as upgrades.

Thank you for using the backer database as it will help things run smoother during the coming months of development, and we look forward to hearing your feedback on our vision document!

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
It seems their blog and forum servers are pretty bogged down at the moment, so guess that's a good sign on continuing interest. It sounds like we'll have a lot more to look forward to in the immediate future and I am really interested in seeing what their design docs and their 'vision' will look like.

But visiting their forums gave me a moment of pause; it's great that Brian et al now how have the resources to get this done, but the topics and posts on there sadden me, greatly. On the first page of their most popular forums there's already people going ape poo poo over killable kids, gays, black people and whole bunch of 'spergy poo poo. Can't wait to see the threats of lawsuits and pulling funds when the design team ignores a good 80% of these idiotic ideas. I think a major downside to this kind of project is that design by committee is never a good idea and that most people out there are god damned retards.

Still, can't wait to see what inXile (and Chris Avellone) have in store for us.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 1, 2012

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Saoshyant posted:

So, hey, R. Boner, did you mention how much international shipping will cost? Not sure if I can manage the shirt + shipping, but heck, better check first.

Due to shipping, Amazon/PayPal's international fees, one shirt shipped internationally will be $29.99 (to avoid custom's fees at $30, of course!).

After 7 people signed up today, I may leave it open for a couple more days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Psychotic Weasel posted:

But visiting their forums gave me a moment of pause; it's great that Brian et al now how have the resources to get this done, but the topics and posts on there sadden me, greatly. On the first page of their most popular forums there's already people going ape poo poo over killable kids, gays, black people and whole bunch of 'spergy poo poo. Can't wait to see the threats of lawsuits and pulling funds when the design team ignores a good 80% of these idiotic ideas. I think a major downside to this kind of project is that design by committee is never a good idea and that most people out there are god damned retards.

The tears from these people as their brilliant ideas are ignored will be all the sweeter. It's pretty sad though that so many people will think because they kicked in $15 that it should be EXACTLY what they want.

Signed up for the shirt, looking forward to having some more casual clothing!

• Locked thread