Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Thanks for the tips guys!

30 US orders going out on Tuesday morning, as soon as the post office opens. The orders were selected in no particular order, but I will be sending out an email to you if I shipped it.

I have a gigantic mound of manila envelopes. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

RagingBoner posted:

(I just want you international guys to know that this is a learning process for me, but I hope to get everything ironed out soon, and the last international order should go out NO LATER than June 18th. Please be patient with me in the mean time.)

Remember to mark Finlandpackages as gifts and they should go through customs fine without taxes and such. I'm not sure how other EU countries handle it but for Finland gifts are free as long as value is under 45€.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Yeah, it's probably a good idea to label all overseas packages as gifts.

PSI-5
Aug 21, 2007

The servolator is fried.
Due to the deadly fauna and flora in Australia postmen* have an incredibly high mortality rate. If you can somehow affix a club or some sort of blade to the package so the postie can use it as a make-shift weapon to fend off the wildlife that would be greatly appreciated. :australia:

*Interestingly, Aussie postladies do not share this statistic.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

RagingBoner posted:

Thanks for the tips guys!

30 US orders going out on Tuesday morning, as soon as the post office opens. The orders were selected in no particular order, but I will be sending out an email to you if I shipped it.

I have a gigantic mound of manila envelopes. :stare:

Pictures please.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fewd posted:

Remember to mark Finlandpackages as gifts and they should go through customs fine without taxes and such. I'm not sure how other EU countries handle it but for Finland gifts are free as long as value is under 45€.

Thanks for noting that finlandgoonbuddy. I totally forgot it's a major hassle without that.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
So I mailed those 30 orders out, but due to REAL LIFE happening (me trying to have fun on my day off), I won't email who I sent to until tomorrow. Sorry for the suspense guys, but I've been up 24 hours and am quite tired.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

RagingBoner posted:

So I mailed those 30 orders out, but due to REAL LIFE happening (me trying to have fun on my day off), I won't email who I sent to until tomorrow. Sorry for the suspense guys, but I've been up 24 hours and am quite tired.

You are doing fine, most people here are supporting you and this game and not looking for blood, so relax. It's the people not involved usually that do that, so keep being honest and open and super duper excited about the project and you should be fine.

This is a really cool thing you are doing, I hope Brian Fargo notices, and if not, I'll pester him at E3 until he does.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AxeManiac posted:

You are doing fine, most people here are supporting you and this game and not looking for blood, so relax. It's the people not involved usually that do that, so keep being honest and open and super duper excited about the project and you should be fine.

This is a really cool thing you are doing, I hope Brian Fargo notices, and if not, I'll pester him at E3 until he does.

Seriously this. Mad manlove for you ragingboner for making this happen. It's a pretty massive undertaking for something you're not going to profit from. Thanks dude.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

RagingBoner posted:

Dude, you rock, I'm sure not worried about it. Thanks for putting in all the effort! I don't normally get all excited about internet stuff but Wasteland 2 and the resulting T-shirt have me pumped.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AxeManiac posted:

Make him give us free swag :haw:

I keed, I keed, but I know that if I were him, I'd be really chuffed to know people have gone through this much effort thanks to him.

EDIT: And many thanks again to RB for making this happen!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

AxeManiac posted:

He will notice because you're going to wear one of those shirts if you go to E3 and meet him. :colbert:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
WHAT?! A delay in emails?! I demand restitution! If I don't receive my shirt with a crisp new $20 bill tucked into the package, then I will consider it nothing less than you spitting in my face, sir. I also didn't order a shirt, so you had better be sending me a free shirt too, along with the $20 bill! These demands must be met, or I will be forced to use force.

By which I mean I shall start my own Kickstarter to raise funds toward procuring and delivering a flaming bag of dog leavings to your front stoop, good sir.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

WHAT?! A delay in emails?! I demand restitution! If I don't receive my shirt with a crisp new $20 bill tucked into the package, then I will consider it nothing less than you spitting in my face, sir. I also didn't order a shirt, so you had better be sending me a free shirt too, along with the $20 bill! These demands must be met, or I will be forced to use force.

By which I mean I shall start my own Kickstarter to raise funds toward procuring and delivering a flaming bag of dog leavings to your front stoop, good sir.

What are your stretch goals?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

CommissarMega posted:

Actually, those are stretch marks. And couch sores.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

CommissarMega posted:

For $1, you get your name included on the calling card that shall be affixed to the flaming bag.

For $5, you get to pick which brand of bag to purchase and which breed of dog to acquire the leavings from.

For $15, you get a replica flaming bag of canine leavings sent your own home.

For $100, the bag will be ugraded to human leavings, and you can provide said leavings if you so choose.

For $10,000, you receieve all previous rewards, I will personally film the recipient of the flaming bag receiving said bag and their subsequent reactions, a cock-punching (also filmed) given to a person of your choosing, and VIP access to the after-party. (Celebrities are likely expected)

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
If AxeManiac wears his Wasteland 2 shirt to E3, and Brian Fargo says "who's Quarex," then I think 10-year-old me will actually burst into flames. It remains to be seen whether this will destroy me in the present, or whether time works the same way.

(Incidentally for anyone who noticed, I am aware that I started typing up my test post and had it go calamitously wrong and then seemingly never tried again--I am working on it again, and have spent the requisite ages rolling characters)

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Thank you guys for the kind words, it really means a lot!

I left the stack of customs slips at the post office today, I was in a rush to get out of there as I had held up the line for nigh on 30 minutes and could feel the death stares from behind me.

I'll get another stack of forms next time.

In other news, I only have about 10 orders left to ship via Amazon, and SEVERAL left to go on PayPal. Almost all the PayPal orders are international, and I shipped all the domestic orders that had shipping information included.

So now to email people who didn't give me an address, and match that address to their order.

Also, my XL was a little bulky on me straight from customink, but I just washed it and it shrank enough to be PERFECT. :) I'm about to go fill out their customer survey, and I know I've said it before, but you'd be a fool to use anyone other than customink for large print orders.

Shadley Puffin
Aug 13, 2011

DOWN WITH GRAVITY

Quarex posted:

(Incidentally for anyone who noticed, I am aware that I started typing up my test post and had it go calamitously wrong and then seemingly never tried again--I am working on it again, and have spent the requisite ages rolling characters)

S'aright. I imagine our heroes are all busy. Dappertron's tooling around wondering where the gently caress you get a quality muddler in the Wasteland, the pug is giving in to his, erm, animal instincts, Human Folly is getting a fistful of hubris from the 2012 election cycle and Ace is getting his recipe adjusted to remove trans fats.

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.

RagingBoner posted:

Thank you guys for the kind words, it really means a lot!

I left the stack of customs slips at the post office today, I was in a rush to get out of there as I had held up the line for nigh on 30 minutes and could feel the death stares from behind me.

I'll get another stack of forms next time.

In other news, I only have about 10 orders left to ship via Amazon, and SEVERAL left to go on PayPal. Almost all the PayPal orders are international, and I shipped all the domestic orders that had shipping information included.

So now to email people who didn't give me an address, and match that address to their order.

Also, my XL was a little bulky on me straight from customink, but I just washed it and it shrank enough to be PERFECT. :) I'm about to go fill out their customer survey, and I know I've said it before, but you'd be a fool to use anyone other than customink for large print orders.
How much do I owe you again? Shipping Int.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Shadley Puffin posted:

S'aright. I imagine our heroes are all busy. Dappertron's tooling around wondering where the gently caress you get a quality muddler in the Wasteland, the pug is giving in to his, erm, animal instincts, Human Folly is getting a fistful of hubris from the 2012 election cycle and Ace is getting his recipe adjusted to remove trans fats.
I am totally writing this down.

IN WASTELAND 2 NEWS, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, they just posted some "design session" pictures on the Facebook page.

Some of them have a clear enough shot of the whiteboard that you can read something that probably counts as spoilers, even though it has already been hinted at enough:

The heading "LA" and a template for various gangs and cults found therein

EXISTENCE OF THAT THING SPOILERS

Also we now know that D = 6 and G = 1. This is important. And they have heavily-marked-up maps of the American Southwest on the wall, but that was about as expected as expected can be.

I do not see Ken St. Andre in any of the pictures :( I imagine he is probably not going to be a main designer, but I suppose I basically expected that.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Man, now I feel sorry for every ø and å I have in my name and address. I will make you feel better by saying I at least do not hail from Lærdalsøyri. That'd be a mouthful at the post-office!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

Man, now I feel sorry for every ø and å I have in my name and address. I will make you feel better by saying I at least do not hail from Lærdalsøyri. That'd be a mouthful at the post-office!

I feel sorry for newsreaders everywhere any time anything interesting happen in a place like Iceland.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mørdåedil posted:

Man, now I feel sorry for every ø and å I have in my name and address.

We are living in a time where we can copy/paste text and then print it on mail labels. I think he'll be fine.

Quarex posted:

Also we now know that D = 6 and G = 1. This is important.

What's this all about?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Commissar Kip posted:

How much do I owe you again? Shipping Int.

$30 for one, $39 for two.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

We are living in a time where we can copy/paste text and then print it on mail labels. I think he'll be fine.

You should see what comes in my mail box when I order from other countries.

M~A%rd~K#edil and stuff would print instead.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I feel sorry for newsreaders everywhere any time anything interesting happen in a place like Iceland.
I don't see what the problem is, I can pronounce Eyjafjallajökull just fine.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

RagingBoner posted:

I only have 1 unclaimed Large right now, but after everyone let's me know if they're in or out, I'll sell em pretty as you please. A couple people already have dibs on any potential unsold shirts:

One XXL will go to Quarex, because he plans on going on a buttered cheese binge after he gets his degree and will need a larger shirt.

One will go to mind the walrus (potentially that Large), because he forgot to sign up.

Should I put you on the "dibs" list? Did you order a shirt? What is your mother's maiden name?

Ugh sorry, Diablo happened. I managed to forget about ordering so put me on that vulture list.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Quarex posted:

I am totally writing this down.

IN WASTELAND 2 NEWS, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, they just posted some "design session" pictures on the Facebook page.

Some of them have a clear enough shot of the whiteboard that you can read something that probably counts as spoilers, even though it has already been hinted at enough:

The heading "LA" and a template for various gangs and cults found therein

EXISTENCE OF THAT THING SPOILERS

The thing about those spoilers...

Doesn't look like it's just LA, but Den(ver) and Mex(ico). Don't know what HM is so that's a mystery. Also, the "routes" make me think that there's not going to be as free-form overland map as Wasteland or Fallout, but have setpiece environments that are still fairly large (if going by that LA map).

Also, I love the Wasteland overland map next to the map of Nevada. Something tells me that they're going to be reworking that.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Just emailed everyone who hasn't paid yet.

And I'm going to tackle a few international orders today/tomorrow. Printing the address labels now...

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Yay my shirt shipped! If it fails to meet my wildest expectations I will teach you the true meaning of pain RB. :)

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

RagingBoner posted:

Just emailed everyone who hasn't paid yet.

And I'm going to tackle a few international orders today/tomorrow. Printing the address labels now...

Sent my money, thanks for bearing with me, spam filter must have got the original e-mail with the amazon payment system in it but i paypal'ed you $20.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Saoshyant posted:

What's this all about?
I have no idea. It was just the only other thing written on the white board (besides the stuff Young Freud and I are talking about) that could possibly be construed as "information."

Young Freud posted:

Doesn't look like it's just LA, but Den(ver) and Mex(ico). Don't know what HM is so that's a mystery. Also, the "routes" make me think that there's not going to be as free-form overland map as Wasteland or Fallout, but have setpiece environments that are still fairly large (if going by that LA map).

Also, I love the Wasteland overland map next to the map of Nevada. Something tells me that they're going to be reworking that.
True, in my excitement I neglected to look at the whole white board. I actually bet it will be a free-form map in the same vein as Wasteland or Fallout, but the game will be split into four or five "overworld maps" with travel time. Adding another dimension to the game! Or, you know, making it worse, who knows.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The MSJ posted:

Crosscontaminant posted:

I don't see what the problem is, I can pronounce Eyjafjallajökull just fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRnnJ45sCIw

In any case, the post offices here are used to dealing with missing letters, they know to send (the completely arbitrary example being) *safj*r*ur to Ísafjörður.

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Quarex posted:

I have no idea. It was just the only other thing written on the white board (besides the stuff Young Freud and I are talking about) that could possibly be construed as "information."

True, in my excitement I neglected to look at the whole white board. I actually bet it will be a free-form map in the same vein as Wasteland or Fallout, but the game will be split into four or five "overworld maps" with travel time. Adding another dimension to the game! Or, you know, making it worse, who knows.

I'm guessing it's going to be a way to get a better variety of environments without the silliness of New Vegas where you walk up a hill from the desert for a few minutes and suddenly everything is snow and pine trees.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dixie Flatline posted:

I'm guessing it's going to be a way to get a better variety of environments without the silliness of New Vegas where you walk up a hill from the desert for a few minutes and suddenly everything is snow and pine trees.

That wasn't much of a problem back in the olden days, where you could have an adjustable sense of scale. Wasteland, Fallout, and the Gold Box D&D/Buck Rogers SSI games used large overworld maps to travel between locations. The overworld map for Wasteland covers about 6,400 or so square miles, with each square being about 1 square mile that takes 4 minutes to cross. When going from a location map, the scale in both time and distance change: the Vegas map covers a 16 square mile section of the city, which the street names and general positioning seems to match up roughly to the real city, with each square being about 100 yards and taking 30 seconds per step. I. Interior maps, with the strange exception of the Mushroom Temple, have a time step of 15 seconds and the distance of each square is about 10 feet.

With the Gamebryo games, the scale is heavily condensed. If I recall from Fallout 3, the game covers about 2,500 square miles in an area where the sides are 5 miles long.

Interesting fact: going over the Las Vegas map and Google Earth, it seems Fat Freddy's Casino is in the location of Circus Circus. Spade's Casino would have been the Stardust, which was imploded back in 2007.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Just got my shirt in the mail, fits perfectly and looks great! :iia:

And now to never wear it around my family so I don't have to explain what a "goon" is.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Awesome! That's a day ahead of schedule!

In other news, Amazon holds a retainer on your payouts for 14 days after your orders are finalized (to cover refund disputes), but flags your account for orders that aren't shipped after two days.

So, I told it I shipped some orders that I haven't yet, just to avoid getting my account locked. Don't worry, though, I will ship them next, and it's mostly international orders anyhow.

These customs forms are a pain in my rear end though, Jesus Christ.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
If I receive my shirt in time I will literally wear it as I present all of my final projects this term, which includes a children's book.

I really, really would like to keep a straight face while speaking to my professor with no less than five penis jokes on the back of my shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I got mine today as well, only to put it away before my family sees it :ohdear:

Looks great, though. I suppose I'll wear it to a convention if I ever end up going to one.

• Locked thread