Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Actually, they go from being long sleeves to short. So, they did get torn, but they stopped cleanly for some reason.

This still makes things even more strange, of course.

We might transition to another emotional event where this time Annie had a short sleeved shirt.

Tollymain posted:

:ohdear:

It looks as though Things are about to occur.

I think we're digging deeper into the rabbit hole

Mazerunner posted:

Annie looks like Popeye in the first panel.

And the last looks like... something but that is probably just me being terrible.

It's you being terrible.

Sorry for the quick posts but just trying our forum's newest updates!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Mazerunner posted:

Annie looks like Popeye in the first panel.

And the last looks like... something but that is probably just me being terrible.

I'm terrible too...

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It is a bit yonic, but the actual significance of that has yet to be seen.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's a portal to the elemental Plane of Hair.

Also at first, that bit of white from the torn sleeve in the second panel looked like negative space for me, and my first instinct was that Zimmy was ripping off Annie's whole arm.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Don't fall into the hair, Zimmy.

You might end up stranded somewhere strange.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Well, Zimmy's hat certainly didn't last long.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Fister Roboto posted:

Also at first, that bit of white from the torn sleeve in the second panel looked like negative space for me, and my first instinct was that Zimmy was ripping off Annie's whole arm.

Haha yeah I thought this too I was going :stare: at that.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Fragrag posted:

We might transition to another emotional event where this time Annie had a short sleeved shirt.

It might be something about how fighting to put the mask back on is something she did when she was older. She aged a few years there.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Frome posted:

Well, Zimmy's hat certainly didn't last long.

Zenzirouj posted:

It might be something about how fighting to put the mask back on is something she did when she was older. She aged a few years there.

You two really need to post consecutively.

Although right now it looks like Kat is fighting off two angry Reds, so that works too.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Perhaps Annie's grown tired of always having a mask on and that her continuous fight is more of a desperate struggle.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Zimmy's going deeper.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Hey, look what we have here.

I don't think many people even know this about Annie?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Well, Zimmy really did go deeper.

But what are those... stick things coming out of the fire elemental? They look kinda bad somehow.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Well, Zimmy really did go deeper.

But what are those... stick things coming out of the fire elemental? They look kinda bad somehow.

Could they be a manifestation of Annie supressing her emotional, firey side?

I think we are going to finish this chapter with Antimony waking up and punching somebody.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Wili posted:

Could they be a manifestation of Annie supressing her emotional, firey side?

I think we are going to finish this chapter with Antimony waking up and punching somebody.

I wonder if it might have something to do with the cut she received from Jeanne, the thing could be considered a curse of sorts. Possibly some aspect of the etheric arts used on Jeanne has begun to have an affect on Annie?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think it relates to how much effort it takes to hide so much from so many people.

E:FB

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
The large spikes look like spears aimed directly at Annie's heart. I suspect an outsider with nefarious intent.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Talorat posted:

The large spikes look like spears aimed directly at Annie's heart. I suspect an outsider with nefarious intent.

They look more like icicles than spears to me, implying something about how Annie's emotions are frozen for some reason.

Wet Copper Armour
Jan 1, 2006
All Gods are Bastards

DekeThornton posted:

They look more like icicles than spears to me, implying something about how Annie's emotions are frozen for some reason.

Obviously this means Anthony was descended from an ice elemental.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wet Copper Armour posted:

Obviously this means Anthony was descended from an ice elemental.

Yeah, Anthony Carver.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

DekeThornton posted:

I think they look more like bones, actually. Though I'm not sure what precisely that would stand for. Perhaps it's supposed to symbolise the "corporality" of her human side containing her more ethereal fire elemental-aspect?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

When I first saw them I thought they were enormous spiderwebs and got concerned for a minute.

AlexG
Jul 15, 2004
If you can't solve a problem with gaffer tape, it's probably insoluble anyway.
There's that fire crown again...

I agree with Perestroika that those shafts look like bone.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

This page just makes me think how weird a "Zimmy in Wonderland" story would be.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Actually, am I the only one who sees the spikes as being the same color as the mask? Annie is afraid of her fire elemental side and hides her emotions. By wearing the mask she suppresses her nature to the people around her.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

My first thought was that the spikes somehow relate to the band Coyote put on her arm during her time in the forest, since it was symbolized by a ring of teeth/knives. Not sure what that would mean exactly though.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

T-man posted:

Actually, am I the only one who sees the spikes as being the same color as the mask? Annie is afraid of her fire elemental side and hides her emotions. By wearing the mask she suppresses her nature to the people around her.

I think that's pretty much it, except the spikes seem to be ice, because she want to project the aspect of someone cold, like Jones.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Watch out, Zimmy. You play with fire...

... you get BURNED. :frogc00l:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Iceclaw posted:

I think that's pretty much it, except the spikes seem to be ice, because she want to project the aspect of someone cold, like Jones.

It doesn't look like ice though, they're not translucent and they're gray. Also fire melts ice, everyone knows this.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

pik_d posted:

It doesn't look like ice though, they're not translucent and they're gray.

Looks like horribly warped bone to me. I still think this has something to do with Jeanne. The cut might not have caused physical damage, but it could have been causing serious harm to part of Annie's spirit.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 23, 2012

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
When Zimmy of all people has a "what the hell?" expression, you know poo poo's getting weird.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also, Zimmy's really reminding me of Marceline in that last panel there.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Tom posted some ink washes on his tumblr. I love how Annie's hair is painted on this one.

I kind of want to see some of these as prints in the shop, especially the newer paintings of Coyote and City Face.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I could spend all day being angry about not being in England but instead I'll just ask: What do you think you'll sell these for, Tom? Have you decided yet?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I am in England, how can I buy one?

kirrus
Feb 17, 2011

At long last. Volume Two!

Nettle Soup posted:

I am in England, how can I buy one?

Need to go to the London Comic Con: http://www.londonexpo.com/, he'll sell them on his stall

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

Zenzirouj posted:

I could spend all day being angry about not being in England but instead I'll just ask: What do you think you'll sell these for, Tom? Have you decided yet?

I'm thinking like £20 or so!

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Tea-san posted:

I'm thinking like £20 or so!

For the Ink Washes? Sounds a bit low. I'd probably pay double that at least. How large are they? You really should put a few pieces up at some online auction to get a feel for where the market value is currently.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Zimmy's not sure whether they're bones, either. Who the gently caress knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Man Kat does not like Tony, that is one angry headpigeon. Also, those bone things are really well drawn and very unsettling.