Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

PunkBoy posted:

Added my pawn to the document. Ended up with Saber, because why not. Although it has been a while since I synced. Probably not much use right now haha.

Ha, saw someone using your pawn in their video walkthrough here. Though I suppose it could be another pawn with the same name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Quick shout-out to fellow goon Mercedes. Thanks for the Iron Shield and Cutlass - especially good timing because I was thinking of switching to Fighter.

Hope my pawn was of some use!

Edit: On second thought, I'll let Listy keep wearing the new gear. It's better than the old stuff.

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 26, 2012

Azraden
Oct 26, 2010

Ooh - a crevice

Emong posted:

So, am I the only one that got creeped the gently caress out by the catacomb? Because hearing the zombies talking freaked me out a bit.

The catacombs were amazing. That's the level where they basically said "yeah, we're the company that made Resident Evil. :frogc00l:"

This game really, really plays up Capcom's strengths. The battles, the lighting/darkness, the enemy encounters. Unfortunately, it also shows that they've never made an open-world RPG before (unless you count MH but that's not really the same thing). I hope this game does well enough because I would love to see Capcom build on this formula and fix what they hosed up here. This game really has regained my faith in Capcom as a developer.

At this point, I'm willing to pay for some horse DLC. Or at least a carriage that can charge me like 1000 gold or something to take me between towns.

Also, I saw someone mention that things get harder when you go beyond The Great Wall. I'm about to go report in from the quest where Mercedes is beaten by that knight rear end in a top hat and she's leaving back to her homeland. How far am I from the place where things get harder and what level should I be for it? Currently a level 40 Magic Knight.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Glad to see that this is being well received here and other places. I hope the game does well enough that it makes Capcom rethink not releasing this on PC, because this seems like a really fun game. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Okay, stupid question time. How do I give people's pawns gifts, and also how do I rate them?

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
^^^ Whenever you switch pawns or get rid of them within the Pawn rift.. thing, it'll give you the option to do them.

Curious question, does anyone change their main pawns vocation at all after setting them in the "right one"? I've been debating on whether or not I should witch mine to get some Fighter or something after having her max Warrior with the majority of abilities bought.

I'm also wondering if the ranking/gift system is somewhat broken. For a while I was getting rankings (pretty much all 5 star, with maybe 1 4 star) then I started getting nothing or just blank everything with 3 stars. I guess that could be attributed to lazy gamers who don't want to comment.

Rueish fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 26, 2012

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I love being a Ranger. Tenfold arrow turns your bow into a machine gun of pain. Meteor shot is good for taking out easy enemies fast as well.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Rueish posted:

^^^ Whenever you switch pawns or get rid of them within the Pawn rift.. thing, it'll give you the option to do them.

I suppose that would explain it. I've basically never switched pawns.

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I suppose that would explain it. I've basically never switched pawns.

How's that possible?! At a certain point I have to switch because the pawns I've got are like 5-6 levels below me..

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I love being a Ranger. Tenfold arrow turns your bow into a machine gun of pain. Meteor shot is good for taking out easy enemies fast as well.

There's something awfully cathartic about shooting some poor sap off a cliff with Meteor Shot. Tenfold Arrow seems ridiculous when coupled with an enchantment the enemy is weak to. Though, Jesus Christ, is it just me or is EVERYTHING weak to FIRE?

It seems like 50% of the enemy roster is weak to fire.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Rueish posted:

How's that possible?! At a certain point I have to switch because the pawns I've got are like 5-6 levels below me..

I started with iast's Level 35 Warrior that he built up because Capcom's online store sent out the game super early. I have actually switched the other pawn once, because RandomHajile's Mage pawn was unceremoniously hurled off a very tall cliff by a Cyclops, but I guess because she died like that it didn't count as me dismissing her or something.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Two things that have been nagging at me:

1) One of the lightning spells says "especially effective at revealing hidden enemies" or something like that. What does that mean?

2) Is it possible to cast the elemental buff spells on yourself when you're a mage? It'd be nice to be able to do big fire damage when I run out of stamina.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Sindai posted:

2) Is it possible to cast the elemental buff spells on yourself when you're a mage? It'd be nice to be able to do big fire damage when I run out of stamina.

You can, but getting the aim right is really fiddly.

Systems_Id
Feb 16, 2005

LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK!
So I finally go through the tedious, time wasting trial of convincing the dude's wife and kid to move out in the Land of Opportunity quest only to have said dude ask me for 30 loving thousand gold to help him move.
gently caress off. By this time I'm actually ready for some actual dungeon crawling instead of the lovely quests I've been forced to do at this point and try to proceed to Everfall. Since I have no goddamn money at this point and the quest marker for this quest makes absolutely no loving since whatsoever, I head out at night only to get wrecked by some Mages. gently caress this game.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Kaldaris posted:

There's something awfully cathartic about shooting some poor sap off a cliff with Meteor Shot. Tenfold Arrow seems ridiculous when coupled with an enchantment the enemy is weak to. Though, Jesus Christ, is it just me or is EVERYTHING weak to FIRE?

It seems like 50% of the enemy roster is weak to fire.

I think there's a lot of enemy types that take extra damage from elemental enchants no matter what type of enchantment you use.

A good example would be Saurians (lizardmen). Pawns, for whatever stupid reason want to keep using Fire enchants to rip them apart. I mean, it works, and it works better than just using plain weapons. However, Ice enchantments completely decimate them.

Also, Mystic Knight's magic cannon? I didn't realize that you could summon multiple orbs at the same time. Summon up three with a weapon enchant and unleash magic missile gatling gun.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Shalinor posted:

Strider isn't all around better, Magick archer just has some lame abilities. So does Strider.

The 6-fold shot? Homing missiles? Those are fantastic, and I can take on an entire group of mid level enemies on my own if the rest of my group can just keep them busy. There are some other abilities that aren't bad, too. I can also SET MYSELF ON FIRE.
Grapple? Magic cannon?

There's quite a few cool abilities you might be neglecting here.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ha ha! I went idle while making a sandwich and when I came back a pawn started waving her hand in front of my face.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

Homo Depot posted:

For the grimoire I think just head towards the encampent from gran soren and some bandits are attacking some dude you can save. Then you get a hint to head towards their hideout which is off towards the southwest area(really can't miss it) Maybe making it as your priority quest will show you where to go.

gibbed posted:

It shows several icons, which move around depending on where you are. :v:

OK, my pawns seem to know which bandit has the grimoire but now there's absolutely no marker on the world map for it. When I go into Gran Soren there's just one telling me it's at the exit. I've apparently missed what you can't miss (and I've done probably 2 or 3 of those "save the caged person" quests). Where is it?

Alternatively, can I just go meet with the duke without fear of the quest being abandoned?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So, mystic knight. Should I just not even bother with it before getting some mage skills first?

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

So, mystic knight. Should I just not even bother with it before getting some mage skills first?

I've been switching vocations a lot. Mystic knight's sword skills thus far aren't really magic related, you can really jump in and start playing it like you would a fighter and boost your magic stats and vocation level.

Boxing Snatcher
Jul 4, 2011

I have been looking for some great Beef Jerky since my local convenience store changed owners.
Ok so. The Land of Opportunity quest all the ways I could. I finally Just bought the drat house to get it over with, now where the gently caress is it? Am I stupid?

One thing I do dig is that this game certainly doesn't treat you like an idiot. I love being thrown into a place and figuring out poo poo until I get it right.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Any way to search goons pawns that's not by gamertag? It's tedious picking a bunch of names and finding out their pawns are all over your level. Or maybe we could put approx pawn levels in the list?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Role Play McMurphy posted:

I've been switching vocations a lot. Mystic knight's sword skills thus far aren't really magic related, you can really jump in and start playing it like you would a fighter and boost your magic stats and vocation level.
That's what I did, but both the skills from the classes I have that it can import, and the skills available to learn, are just lame. Also it's really hard to go back from a class that can use a bow.

edit: especially against giant enemies

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
loving hell, you abandon the grimoire quest if you go to the Duke. Anybody that tells you it only abandons his quests is full of poo poo. Goddammit.

glad nobody thought to tell me that the two times I asked in the last three pages
vvvvv

Role Play McMurphy fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 26, 2012

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

loving hell, you abandon the grimoire quest if you go to the Duke. Anybody that tells you it only abandons his quests is full of poo poo. Goddammit.
Every quest other than the "kill x enemies" quests get cancelled, yeah.

edit: The ultimate conclusion of the grimoire quest is awesome. I shudder to think what would have happened if I had given him a fake though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So I have been looking at the augments for various classes, and some of them really intrigue me. I'm currently about to start grinding Magic Archer to Rank 9 because they get Regeneration, which sounds wonderful for my warrior! And after the levels he'll inevitably gain while doing that, he should be well insulated against magic. There's also the rank 9 strider augment Leg-Strength to reduce your weight category of purposes of movement speed (but how does that affect pawn that are already in the lowest category?)

God I wish they hadn't locked pawns out of the hybrid classes. I really want someone to be swinging around these awesome maces besides me.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 26, 2012

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Lotish posted:

God I wish they hadn't locked pawns out of the hybrid classes. I really want someone to be swinging around these awesome maces besides me.

I know! I have a weapon called the Obliteratrix and it just sits in my storage, wasted.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
I spent a lot of Disc/cash switching vocation to Magic Knight, but I think I wanna stick with the Strider's stabbiness. I'm guessing Assassin's good with daggers?

Also, got myself murdered at the bottom of Everfall. Frikkin' tentacles. The ogre-thing fell off the edge of the staircase, though, so that was funny.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

The only thing I'd worry about from Mage is the Augment "Perpetuation" at rank 7 which increases duration of enchantments.

If you're looking to prepare to switch from Fighter, just make sure you grab as many Sword skills that aren't fighter only as possible, as all of those carry over into the Mystic Knight class.

Also, be prepared to wait a bit for the awesome skills to come rolling in. Most of the early Magic Shield skills are pretty lame. The counter skills, Demonspite, and Holy Wall don't seem to be all that great. Rank 5+ though, you start running into more awesome stuff. For example, weapon enchants that affect the entire group instead of the Mage/Sorc ones that are single target.

Edit: The Mystic Knight class seems pretty drat well designed. If you start off as a fighter, you can play the class as a fighter with more magic control, and some of the augments from fighter really help the class (Fitness, Vigilance, Sinew, Prescience, and Vehemence are all fighter augments that are good for Mystic Knight). However, if you start off as a mage, there isn't much keeping you from just playing a mystic knight as a battle mage.

Willias fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 26, 2012

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
OK, thankfully the last inn/rift checkpoint thing returned me to a save predating seeing the duke.

Will somebody please tell me where this loving grimoire is if it's not marked on the map.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

OK, thankfully the last inn/rift checkpoint thing returned me to a save predating seeing the duke.

Will somebody please tell me where this loving grimoire is if it's not marked on the map.

There's a bandit ruins to the far south along the coast, to the west of Witchwood. It's in a chest there.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

LaserShark posted:

I spent a lot of Disc/cash switching vocation to Magic Knight, but I think I wanna stick with the Strider's stabbiness. I'm guessing Assassin's good with daggers?

I just gave out misinformation on magic knight dagger abilities, so take this with a grain of salt, but the assassin is good with all four of the weapons they can use. Their dagger skills are definitely weighted towards fighting small creatures. Strangely, their sword skills include a skill that can only be used while climbing on a large creature, and dagger's reset skill works ridiculously well with shields.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So for those that finished the game, when you start a New Game+ do you keep your stats/level/skills or do you start all over? I've gotten to level 50 and am dicking around in the postgame stuff and want to try something completely different next time.

e: Also you keep your money/items, right?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
So did you guys do the Reapers Scorn quest (one where you have to get the wakestones for the blacksmiths kid) and get anything decent out of it? I'm thinking the wakestones are too valuable and I might just cancel the quest. Does the quest net you anything good down the line?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I just added my pawn to the doc. I hope someone uses him. :ohdear:.

I'm really enjoying this game. It feels like a bizarre mix between Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, and Fable. It's not the best game or without flaws by any means but it's so surprisingly fun and the combat is satisfying. I just wish there was a bit more guidance.

I did the Pawn Guild basement quest and got invited to do some Wyrm Hunt. Is this the main quest now? When do I start finding Chimeras and Griffins and stuff? I've fought some Ogres and Cyclops but none of the other big bads yet. Also what's this talk of forgeries? Is there a map of the city anywhere or vendors in the world? It's pretty confusing, though one of the better cities I've seen in a game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sankis posted:

I just added my pawn to the doc. I hope someone uses him. :sheepish:.

I'm really enjoying this game. It feels like a bizarre mix between Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, and Fable. It's not the best game or without flaws by any means but it's so surprisingly fun and the combat is satisfying. I just wish there was a bit more guidance.
To me this doesn't jive with you saying it's like Dark souls, I assume as a positive. One reason DS and this are good is because of how little they guide you.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Lotish posted:

Oh god this.

It's like I'm going to still be growing while my pawn is going to be the same thing forever.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
About the Trial, how much do I need to turn in to have the guy found innocent? I brought the witness for him, and three positive notes from the little girl, church guy, and duke's mansion guy.

Do I need to get the forgery notes too? or is that enough to get him found innocent?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

God drat, I just played the post game dungeon for a few hours and literally every single pawn I saw wandering around the place was a tiny female mage or sorceress. What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Moon Monster posted:

God drat, I just played the post game dungeon for a few hours and literally every single pawn I saw wandering around the place was a tiny female mage or sorceress. What the hell.
I'm not guilty of having a little girl pawn but I am guilty of having my pawn be a mage and sorcerer. And since I can't dual-class him, I don't know if the jump to being a melee class will be very smooth.

• Locked thread