Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lobok posted:

You sure it's not

That's not a hand, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Wazzit posted:

Turns out the actual prints of the last few TDKR posters had a QR code that unlocked a Catwoman poster on the official website.

Of all the Dark Knight Rises posters, this it the first that's actually intrigued me. Similar to the first one for Dark Knight that had "Why So Serious?" - Basically, clever and lots of detail, instead of retreads. Then again, it's Nolan. He has earned my trust, so I hope the movie will be good. But this is the first interesting poste to me.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Posters from The Cannes Film Festival
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/25/the-top-ten-most-ridiculous-movie-posters-at-cannes-this-year/

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I am going to watch the poo poo out of Fire Twisters. Why did that not come out fifteen years ago when tornado and volcano movies were all the rage?

Also, something to keep in mind with the batman banners: They're primarily intended to be hung up fairly high, so you're not going to walk up close to them. Given the intended viewing distance, I don't think the composite issues will really stand out.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Oh, christ. You couldn't post Dead Sushi or Robin Hood: Ghosts Of Sherwood?

(I would so do that if Imgur hadn't screwed up right now)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Any chance of a Fire Twister vs Tsunami movie?

I hope we also get Werewolf Dog. Only it's not a horror movie, but a drama about a dog who embraces his lupine heritage.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wazzit posted:

Turns out the actual prints of the last few TDKR posters had a QR code that unlocked a Catwoman poster on the official website.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Another TDKR banner

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I have seen various promo stuff for this, and I don't remember anything involving football in any of them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I have seen various promo stuff for this, and I don't remember anything involving football in any of them.

That looks like the Jabulani ball, so I suspect it was meant to refer to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa that would have been going on around the time.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Vagabundo posted:

That looks like the Jabulani ball,

It looks a bit too easy to handle to be the Jabulani ball :colbert:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think those TDKR banners look pretty cool V:unsmith:V

I'm looking forward to seeing some goon in the theatre with a magnifying glass pointing out the clone brushed cops in the background though.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back.

Pesky Splinter posted:

Cloning is rife on the streets of Gotham:

Why is Batman wearing flippers?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

"All bark and no bite"? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

flatluigi posted:

That's not a hand, is it?

It's not a hand but I wonder if the trend isn't simply "covered with hands" but having the mouth covered in general.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

Another TDKR banner

I like this one, got me all hyped for the Bane/Batman showdown.

Machete
Apr 26, 2008

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The trailer for this looks terrible, but I can't get enough of the poster's Skipping Man With Shovel.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 27, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kinda disappointed Grant Morrison is not the writer for that one.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I don't see a single bridge in there.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
Testing my photographic memory, when kiimo posted that poster he said "The MPAA loves this poster, I tell you what".

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

HoldYourFire posted:

Testing my photographic memory, when kiimo posted that poster he said "The MPAA loves this poster, I tell you what".

Yeah there's no way they would allow that kind of camel toe.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

kiimo posted:

Yeah there's no way they would allow that kind of camel toe.

I only saw the pig's head.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Jedit posted:

I only saw the pig's head.

I thought that was Alf.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

That poster is oddly amusing. The guy with the shovel reminds me of Julian from Trailer Park Boys.

Jasta fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 27, 2012

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Camel toe girl looks like she's singing in the gospel choir, guy inexplicably falling off short waterfall, guy getting in his truck. This poster is a thing of beauty. So random.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Has anybody here seen that Madison County movie? Is it worth two hours of my life?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Trap Star posted:

Has anybody here seen that Madison County movie? Is it worth two hours of my life?

I was thinking of ordering it but the camera shakes around way to much for my liking in the trailer.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

A vintage movie poster face transplant.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Why is there a butt spider on his board?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It's no Gleaming the Cube.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

bowser posted:

gently caress your perspective :byodood:

A sequel to Highwaymen?

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 30, 2012

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Armyman25 posted:

A sequel to Highwaymen?

Good god, kind of off-topic here but this poster is atrocious. "Use as many default Photoshop filters for the texture as possible! And don't forget to burn the edges by just setting a layer to Vivid Light!"

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Suzuki Method posted:

Good god, kind of off-topic here but this poster is atrocious. "Use as many default Photoshop filters for the texture as possible! And don't forget to burn the edges by just setting a layer to Vivid Light!"

This is exactly on-topic.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is fan art, but I wish it's official.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nice halo he has going on there.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

New banners for The Dark Knight Rises! Oh boy!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

The MSJ posted:

This is fan art, but I wish it's official.

Who is the art by? I like their style.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

OGB posted:

Who is the art by? I like their style.

The artist's DeviantArt page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vagabundo posted:

New banners for The Dark Knight Rises! Oh boy!

Those can't be real. They can't.

Jesus Christ, this marketing campaign is so bad.