Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Wow what is up with the servers? I can connect to the rift and recruit pawns but I can't upload mine through the inn so I'm not getting poo poo for RC. Come on Capcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Eggplant Ronin posted:

That'd be my pawn. He does this to me occasionally and I have no clue why. I think he's going through a goth phase.

Afraid I had to chuck him off a cliff early. Seems his company wasn't appreciated at one of the old forts.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Asked about this earlier and didnt get an answer, I'm doing trials and tribulations and I got a knight im supposed to bring back to capital. I'm at the capital I just don't know who I talk to to drop him off.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

OmegaZultan posted:

Asked about this earlier and didnt get an answer, I'm doing trials and tribulations and I got a knight im supposed to bring back to capital. I'm at the capital I just don't know who I talk to to drop him off.

Bring him to Aldous.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Bring him to the Aldous, the guy who gave you the quest.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

tooooooo bad posted:

Wow what is up with the servers? I can connect to the rift and recruit pawns but I can't upload mine through the inn so I'm not getting poo poo for RC. Come on Capcom.

Do people actually use their RC for stuff? There's 1, maybe 2, items from the rift merchant worth buying and hiring hirer level pawns just makes things too easy :(

Eggplant Ronin: Sit your pawn down in the Knowledge Chair and select any other behaviour than 'acquisitionist'.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Thanks for the help, is there anyway to redo the chasing shadows quest? I failed it and I read it's one of the prerequisites for the golden idol.

Azraden
Oct 26, 2010

Ooh - a crevice

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

I feel bad about the person in this thread who didn't find exploring very rewarding. This game is TEEMING with hidden poo poo.

I warmed up to it once I hit the northern areas. I still seem to get poo poo in all the hidden chests though. I guess the RNG just hates me.

I've been getting pretty good ratings for my warrior pawn so thanks if anyone in here used her. Friends can use each others' pawns free, right? PSN is Mr_Azraden.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Tufty posted:

Do people actually use their RC for stuff? There's 1, maybe 2, items from the rift merchant worth buying and hiring hirer level pawns just makes things too easy :(
Play make-up with your pretty pixel princess, like GraBug's pawn Scarlet. She is amazing. Garfunkel looks great too. Everyone on 360 should use them so they become top-ranked. :colbert:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

What does Salomet's Grimoire do? I'm playing a Mage, should I just use it? My rented pawns are hinting that it might be worth making a copy of it to give to him.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

tooooooo bad posted:

What does Salomet's Grimoire do? I'm playing a Mage, should I just use it? My rented pawns are hinting that it might be worth making a copy of it to give to him.

It's (probably) in your best interests not to do this. Just give it to him.

All the grimoire does when you try to use it is cast Meteor once, but the guy makes much better use of it.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

grrarg posted:

Play make-up with your pretty pixel princess, like GraBug's pawn Scarlet. She is amazing. Garfunkel looks great too. Everyone on 360 should use them so they become top-ranked. :colbert:

Lil B the based pawn is already 5/5 stars in all categories. :smugdog:

I do wonder what would happen if I made him green, though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can't believe how many times I have ended up in the dungeon in this game, already more times than in all my play of the elder scrolls games combined. Why is that? What do I keep doing wrong? I'm just walking along and suddenly my sword is in someone for one of a few reasons. At least they give me a nice new set of prison clothes every time rather than making me use the ones I already have.

edit: how was I supposed to sneak the gardener out of the prison, other than flaying the guard? There's just one way in or out and he was standing directly in the way and wouldn't move.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: how was I supposed to sneak the gardener out of the prison, other than flaying the guard? There's just one way in or out and he was standing directly in the way and wouldn't move.

If you make/bring another skeleton key, then you can unlock the cell across from the dude (I think, don't remember for sure) which has a collapsed wall and a passage leading out.

Yeah, I didn't do that the first time either.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

VDay posted:

If you make/bring another skeleton key, then you can unlock the cell across from the dude (I think, don't remember for sure) which has a collapsed wall and a passage leading out.

Yeah, I didn't do that the first time either.

Is the quest screwed now?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

tooooooo bad posted:

Where in the name of god did you find it? I think my quest is bugged. I wiped out the all female camp because they attacked me and the quest says it's somewhere here but I can't find it.

Also, is there any way to fast travel in this game?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the quest screwed now?

No idea, I restarted before it saved and did it again correctly.

Also playing as the sorcerer this time through and the levitate skill is this game's version of the Skyrim horse. Get a good running start, jump at a steep slope, and levitate up it. Hello Cassardis->Witchwood shortcut.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

So I tried switching to the Mystic Knight after 30something levels of Strider/Ranger/Assassin, and I'm really missing the ranged versatility. Those three all have things that I like a lot, but each has it's drawbacks that I get bored with really easily. Ranger's longbow is powerful, but I really miss the strafing mobility of shortbows. How is Magic Archer, in terms of damage output? I'm not sure what my magic is right now, but would it be too late to switch over to that? I think my character is a bit too small framed to be a fighter or a warrior.

I'm also considering switching my pawn, Cassius', vocation. I've got him on Warrior now, but I'm thinking about switching him back over to Fighter so he can be a bit tankier.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I just started using Sword/Bow on my assassin and it's surprisingly amazing. I used to be all about daggers/bow but since my current sword is so much better than any daggers i've got access to there's no point, and Gouge might be my favourite ability ever. Stand on monsters head, spam it, pick up loot two seconds later.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Comrade Flynn posted:

Where in the name of god did you find it? I think my quest is bugged. I wiped out the all female camp because they attacked me and the quest says it's somewhere here but I can't find it.

The only method of fast travel is to use a ferrystone to warp back to Gran Soren, which returns you to the portcrystal there. There is 1 portcrystal that you get to place anywhere yourself for a second fast travel option, however in NG+ you can buy more for 200k a piece. I've started to build up a network of portals so I can get just about anywhere in the world in a few minutes, it just costs me 40k for each time round trip.

Moose King posted:

So I tried switching to the Mystic Knight after 30something levels of Strider/Ranger/Assassin, and I'm really missing the ranged versatility. Those three all have things that I like a lot, but each has it's drawbacks that I get bored with really easily. Ranger's longbow is powerful, but I really miss the strafing mobility of shortbows. How is Magic Archer, in terms of damage output? I'm not sure what my magic is right now, but would it be too late to switch over to that? I think my character is a bit too small framed to be a fighter or a warrior.

I'm also considering switching my pawn, Cassius', vocation. I've got him on Warrior now, but I'm thinking about switching him back over to Fighter so he can be a bit tankier.

Keep in mind that you can buy a metamorphosis potion thing from the guy in the encampment that will let you edit your character. It's a one time use item but if you really feel it's necessary then you can beef up your character a bit for that fighter role if you're ever considering one of those vocations. Or become a 12 year old girl, as is the DD tradition.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 27, 2012

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I played for about 8 hours today, and did no quests to advance the main plot. I'm having a ton of fun just dicking around in the world, discovering dungeons, finding treasure, and swapping vocations. Nothing beats launching bandits sky-high as a Fighter and having my Strider pawn slam them back down to the ground with the upgraded Ensnare.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

They didn't actually have it. If you walk up to the female bandit chief without any male pawns in your group (unless you're male yourself I guess) she'll tell you that another bandit group near the Witchwood entrance has it.

Here:

You might be able to talk it away from the bandit leader but he didn't care to give it up to me. It's in a chest at the very tip top of the castle's tower.

edit: I don't suppose anyone's found a map of Gran Soren anywhere. I can't find anything here.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 27, 2012

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
I don't know if it has been pointed out already, but you can buy empty flasks and fill them up at healing springs and they become a party heal item.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

One thing I kind of like about the character design in this game so far is that, with the noted exception of the female bandit clan and some pawns, everyone is dressed sensibly! Women have armor that looks like armor and wear clothes that look like clothes. The most revealing thing I've seen so far on a normal person is Quinna's tunic.

Do we know exactly what makes you rank up a vocation? Is it a number of kills? Is it experience based? I just finished leveling up Magic Archer to 8 for Regeneration (which is working real nice on my fighter) and the next thing I'm looking at is Strider 9. Would love to know how to speed the process up if I can.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
So, spent far too much time playing this game since it arrived on Friday. It's amazing how simple things like grabbing on to enemies and being able to climb rocks make the world more immersive. My main's a sorcerer, so being able to clamber up to high spots before launching my rain of death really helps. Especially against bandits. I HATE bandits.

If you're on the PS3 and need a fighter, try my pawn - Ran. She's short, aggressive and good at stabbing things that target the Arisen. PSN ID - MFDub

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

So far only two random people have used my pawn, but I guess when there's so many people playing my game that's to be expected. One did give 5 stars for everything and left the remark "oft aided party" which gave me warm fuzzies, although my mage is now a sorcerer so we'll see if anyone picks her up.

Anyway, this game does a great job in bringing the adventure. I was headed towards the female bandit fortress or whatever (that's where the quest marker was pointing) and it was basically uncharted territory all the way. Along the way I met my first random big monster, which was the chimera, and my party obliterated it pretty quickly with no casualties. Then I realized I'd have to walk around out of the basin to get to the fortress, and on the way up ran into a cyclops.

So we start duking it out, except it's taking more time and the edge is right there, so it's kind of worrying. At some point a female bandit runs up and begins wailing on one of my pawns, so out of frustration I snare her, pick her up, and toss her off the cliff. :fuckoff: Then somehow my fighter pawn falls down or gets thrown off and lies there dead. Okay, no problem, I still have my sorc and my healer and myself, this is do-able. We kill the cyclops all right, but then some more bandits run out and one of them uses a power-shot and shoots my healer straight off the cliff. gently caress. This probably won't work with just me and my own pawn, and it's also getting sort of late, so I start tailing it back.

Then night falls. That was one frantic-rear end scramble to get into Gran Soren, wow. I'm just super impressed with how that all played out.

I think my biggest gripe about the game is lack of fast travel. There's definitely a lot of tension when traveling somewhere new or trying to tail it back before night, but it's... tedious. I realize there are items later on that let you portal somewhere but those are one-use apparently?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay I just want the tiniest hint about where to find the idol those two weapons dealers want. They must have said a hint before but I missed it. Even just "north" or "south" would be fine.

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.

Lotish posted:

Do we know exactly what makes you rank up a vocation? Is it a number of kills? Is it experience based? I just finished leveling up Magic Archer to 8 for Regeneration (which is working real nice on my fighter) and the next thing I'm looking at is Strider 9. Would love to know how to speed the process up if I can.

I think it's experience based because I've been getting a lot of vocation increases for quest completion recently. Though, I'm surprised you think regeneration is worth an augment slot at all!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It took a lot of time and money (mostly in the form of raiding the Quarry and sequence breaking the Water God's Altar), but we've got the full Berserk set. Desdemona (middle left) is rocking the Gryphic Victory because I haven't been able to find the materials to upgrade the Thousandlimbs. Guest starring Mercedes as a tramp and Scarlet as a jawa.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Clocks posted:

I think my biggest gripe about the game is lack of fast travel. There's definitely a lot of tension when traveling somewhere new or trying to tail it back before night, but it's... tedious. I realize there are items later on that let you portal somewhere but those are one-use apparently?

You can get keystones from 2 different merchants in town (Fournival and The Black Cat, $10,000 and $20,000 ea. respectively), and there will be a free one every so often at the stone you teleport to.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Finally decided to just buy the guddam game, and hahaha butt rock at the title screen. Oh lord I'm in for it. :v:

Now to work out what class to be... :smith:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Ledneh posted:

Finally decided to just buy the guddam game, and hahaha butt rock at the title screen. Oh lord I'm in for it. :v:

You can freely switch between them, and the advanced and hybrid versions, about 2 hours in. Don't sweat it and just pick one.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ledneh posted:

It's not butt rock it's j-rock. There's a difference...or so I am told.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Sankis posted:

You can freely switch between them, and the advanced and hybrid versions, about 2 hours in. Don't sweat it and just pick one.

Are there any diminishing returns for discipline point gains, or can I more or less max out every class with one save?

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
I'm loving the attention my pawn is getting! 5 stars in everything and it seems I'm getting a ton of Rift Crystal. She looks awesome in her Swordsman armor set to boot.

Bad Bromance
May 20, 2010

Sorry, guys, I actually do still suck dick! :blush: Also my mom only lets me spend five bucks a month to get my cool gaga avatars back so I guess I'm stuck with this one for a while. :(
Just discovered a neat little mission involving that noble guy in the city

If you steal the affidavit inside his house a request to find it will show up on the ale house notice board

Easiest quest so far :v:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
How do I just give an item to someone for affection? Also, I just cleared out the quarry and the shop there now has a note which proves I lent Madeline money. Is there any use for that or is it just a worthless expensive item?

Loving the game so far, and my one gripe is that there's no button to have everyone go in a typical fantasy "look out towards the horizon" pose.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 27, 2012

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

How do I just give an item to someone for affection?

Just talk to them and hit square in the conversation

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's not butt rock it's j-rock. There's a difference...or so I am told.

My definition has always been "should be in a 3d sonic game" so yeah, butt rock. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bad Bromance posted:

Just discovered a neat little mission involving that noble guy in the city

If you steal the affidavit inside his house a request to find it will show up on the ale house notice board

Easiest quest so far :v:
I just ransack everything automatically so when I started that quest and saw that I already had the item in my inventory I was like "how did that get there? Oh well".

• Locked thread