Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

No one gives a fuck about shit.
So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,
Cause shit's fucked anyway.
Shit is run in to the ground.

I don't wanna think about it,
I just wanna get down.
Oh man, Warrior is so fun. I just hit a bandit with a fully charged Indomitable Lash and he flew like 100+ feet in to the air before landing. Magnificent.

Also my Pawn is incredible, a Mage with Holy buffs, debuff removal, heals, and Lightning spells. She can practically solo entire groups somehow, I don't understand how but she's always at full health and so are the rest of us. Too bad no one hires her :(

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

So if you beat the Ur-Dragon singleplayer it doesn't dragonforge all of your weapons. :(

I guess I'll just wait until the internet is about to kill the main one and then bust out my 40+ wakestones.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

This game fills me with rage. And yet I keep going back.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

VDay posted:

I'm almost to the end already so it's basically a choice between just doing a NG+ or starting over fresh. Going from sorcerer to assassin is basically the worst possible change you can make stat-wise. I was kind of half-joking about starting over because I'm a crazy person. I also missed a bunch of quests that I wanna do(yes I can just do them in NG+, but I'd just breeze through them and it wouldn't really be that fun) and also a friend of mine is getting the game so I kind of want to play from the beginning with him so we can use each other's pawns. Eh, we'll see. Like I said earlier I really enjoy the early game and going from having to dodge certain enemies to wiping the floor with everything is super satisfying.
I keep my stats completely even to mitigate this. Sure I won't be the best at my class but at least I can freely change classes when I feel it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Those of you that have sent equipment to your friends, has it worked out alright? I thought I heard someone had a problem and I wanna make sure it works ok before I send him a bunch of stuff that ends up getting lost in the ether.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Giggily posted:

So if you beat the Ur-Dragon singleplayer it doesn't dragonforge all of your weapons. :(

I guess I'll just wait until the internet is about to kill the main one and then bust out my 40+ wakestones.

The online Ur-Dragon is actually easier than the single player one because the entirety of the single player fight is on you. It took me 3 and a half hours to kill a single offline Ur-Dragon yesterday, yet I've managed to kill two of them online today in over half the time. All of this possible because of the community involvement, so it looks like you're not doing very much damage but take into account the thousands of people all doing that damage combined.

There's no "way" to know when they're about to kill it, just keep going back and plinking away. It'll eventually spawn with like almost no/no health at all and it'll be worth all the while.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I wish the female bandit camp had a place to rest. I went up there and did quests and now it's gotten dark and I'm far away from everything and the monsters are strong :( And my huge burly dude pawn is stuck in a fancy dress.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

The General posted:

This game fills me with rage. And yet I keep going back.

I'm actually finding the game pretty easy. Maybe I've played so much Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden that everything seems relaxing by comparison, or maybe Assassin is an overpowered vocation. I started doing stuff solo ever since I unlocked that last Autonomy augmentation. Not having a pawn talk to you about how he finds stairs fascinating makes the game a lot more atmospheric as well.

I'm in the post-game now. I'm not quite sure what's going on but I guess I'll finish up the content and head to NG+. Hopefully I can get a better love interest this time. I wonder if the Jester is available for that.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I find the difficulty level pretty relaxing myself. It's not monkey-easy but nor is it on-my-toes hard. It's about where I'd ever want the difficulty in a game to be in this genre.

Gerpy
Feb 23, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Kill every ox around Gran Soren, and take their beast-steaks. Wait a couple days until they go sour. Sell sour beast-steaks for around 1700 gold each. You can also get ambrosial meat from them, for even more money.

So what you're saying is that rotten cow meat is more expensive than fresh cow meat?

:stare: Something's off here.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Okay, how the gently caress do I do the quest where I have to kill the gryphon with a bunch of guards? I get it down to like half life and then it fucks off to some tower I've never heard of. I tried following the guards but they just go back to Grand Soren, useless bastards. The quest marker looks like its in the middle of the sea

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Gerpy posted:

So what you're saying is that rotten cow meat is more expensive than fresh cow meat?

:stare: Something's off here.
Not rotten, "aged".

Baby Babbeh posted:

Okay, how the gently caress do I do the quest where I have to kill the gryphon with a bunch of guards? I get it down to like half life and then it fucks off to some tower I've never heard of. I tried following the guards but they just go back to Grand Soren, useless bastards. The quest marker looks like its in the middle of the sea
It's not. Go there.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Not rotten, "aged".

Actually it's a real thing.

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010

VDay posted:

Those of you that have sent equipment to your friends, has it worked out alright? I thought I heard someone had a problem and I wanna make sure it works ok before I send him a bunch of stuff that ends up getting lost in the ether.

I have sent full sets of equipment and weapons and they have always got them fine

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

I've actually taken to travelling out with only my pawn. I just can't get the courage to kill her myself. She's so awesome. :3:

Gerpy
Feb 23, 2010
If anyone's interested I have a mage named Justice

Thought I dunno if I'd recommend using her if you're not past The dragon Because past that point most enemies you fight are immune to fire and are weak to holy so she's got holy affinity and no fire affinity.

Well normally she's a mage, right now she's a sorcerer because I wanna get that "reduced casting time" perk.

She does a pretty good job at prioritizing healing, elemental buffs, and attacking too.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
So should I keep the Wyrmking's Ring and make a forgery of it? Or is it not worth? Does it even do anything? It says that it allows you to cast spells quicker, but does it really?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm pretty sure someone rented Freighter S. and then switched to someone else before even leaving the Rift, he just got 15 RC and 2 star ratings for everything. Before that I got 4,500 RC from one player and 4 stars for battle and combat. Now that he has a pair of tiny spectacles his appearance rating should hopefully go up a bit.

How do you get that witch hunt quest that someone said is a prerequisite for being able to choose who your "romance" is? (since apparently I could wind up with the innkeeper or Symone if the game feels like it at this point, which would be disturbing) I just went through witchwood with Quina and got the brew but haven't seen any witch hunt-looking quests.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How do hired pawn inventories work, anyway? Does the creator get anything I give him (or he picks up :argh:) when I let him go at a rift stone? If he dies? What about if I take his poo poo?

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Ciaphas posted:

How do hired pawn inventories work, anyway? Does the creator get anything I give him (or he picks up :argh:) when I let him go at a rift stone? If he dies? What about if I take his poo poo?

When you return them, anything in their inventories goes to your storage. I'm pretty sure this is true upon death as well.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

a foolish pianist posted:

When you return them, anything in their inventories goes to your storage. I'm pretty sure this is true upon death as well.

But what happens when you give them better equipment. I gave a guy a lot of stuff because I like his pawn. Will he still get all of it.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
Is there any kind of limit on the teleport stones, or can I buy them from the one dude at $10k a pop forever (shops seem to restock, seemingly every few days)?

It's expensive-ish, but it beats the hell out of walking back to Gran Soren from the other side of the map, or vice versa.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Shalinor posted:

Is there any kind of limit on the teleport stones, or can I buy them from the one dude at $10k a pop forever (shops seem to restock, seemingly every few days)?

It's expensive-ish, but it beats the hell out of walking back to Gran Soren from the other side of the map, or vice versa.

I don't think so, you can have as many as you can hold I believe. Fournival runs out of stock and if you really need Ferrystones then Black Cat sells an unlimited supply at 20k a piece. When you have like 6-7 Portcrystals down across Gransys and a huge purse, 20k for a jump doesn't seem so bad.

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010

Shalinor posted:

He constantly restocks so there is no reason not to.

Gerpy
Feb 23, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I'm pretty sure someone rented Freighter S. and then switched to someone else before even leaving the Rift, he just got 15 RC and 2 star ratings for everything. Before that I got 4,500 RC from one player and 4 stars for battle and combat. Now that he has a pair of tiny spectacles his appearance rating should hopefully go up a bit.

How do you get that witch hunt quest that someone said is a prerequisite for being able to choose who your "romance" is? (since apparently I could wind up with the innkeeper or Symone if the game feels like it at this point, which would be disturbing) I just went through witchwood with Quina and got the brew but haven't seen any witch hunt-looking quests.

Oh poo poo, I think I'm gonna end up with the innkeeper too. I thought capcom was making a joke by saying he was the most important thing to me..I didn't think they meant romance wise!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Policenaut posted:

When you have like 6-7 Portcrystals down across Gransys and a huge purse, 20k for a jump doesn't seem so bad.

How do you get more than the 1? I have only ever gotten the one by the griffon and I have done everything that can be done before NG+.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

How do you get more than the 1? I have only ever gotten the one by the griffon and I have done everything that can be done before NG+.

The Black Cat sells Portcrystals for 200k a piece in New Game+. You can buy as many as you like it seems, so you can create your very own fast travel network. Of course it's expensive but those Portcrystals stay with you pretty much forever.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Evil Canadian posted:

Can anyone give me a non-spoiler'y pointer about where I find even that one?

Main quest wise, I'm up to the water god's altar a/o the catacombs. I really haven't gone any further west than the black fortress thingy.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Anyone found a decent way for spellcasters to do damage to Golems? The Sorcerer ice skill Gicel is the only thing that I've even noticed doing damage, and it's pretty pitiful compared to the rare occasions when I can convince my pawns to just jump on the loving thing and whack at it.

edit: also thanks to whoever explained how to fight the Metal Golem, that was interesting. Again wholly dependent on my pawns to deal with it though.

Oh and I don't think you need to destroy all of the tokens in the woods, maybe just the ones in the hidden area?

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 29, 2012

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Shalinor posted:

Main quest wise, I'm up to the water god's altar a/o the catacombs. I really haven't gone any further west than the black fortress thingy.

Just keep doing the main quest. You'll practically run into it. It's a big glowing purple glyph crystal thingie you'll find at the end of a quest.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Killed the Ur Dragon online with my Assassin and was pretty happy with the stupid amount of loot you get until it turned out weapon wise all I got were two 2 handed weapons and two mage/sorcerer staves. Where's my sword, bow and daggers? :(

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Is it just me or does NG+ absolutely suck? Is there anywhere I can pick up ferrystones or change my vocation because Gran Soren is totally out of the question now and everytime I try to go anywhere I get jumped by huge packs of hellhounds and it just seems like the most unfun experience ever.
Also whats with the dagger that you can do nothing but kill yourself with?

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.
As a note for people playing NG+.. apparently there is a limit to how many portcrystals you can place.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

BORK! BORK! posted:

Is it just me or does NG+ absolutely suck? Is there anywhere I can pick up ferrystones or change my vocation because Gran Soren is totally out of the question now and everytime I try to go anywhere I get jumped by huge packs of hellhounds and it just seems like the most unfun experience ever.
Also whats with the dagger that you can do nothing but kill yourself with?

This is the Post Game, so to speak, or if you prefer it "Act 2".

NG+ is literally starting the game over after you beat the final boss. You have yet to actually beat it.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Ignore this, my bad.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Shalinor posted:

its later in the main quest. just don't forget to look for treasure after every setpiece battle.

Riceball
Jan 27, 2009

That's because the Flato's think they live under a fricken AT-AT.

Ciaphas posted:

Anything you equip personally on hired pawns, the owners get to keep. Everything in the inventory goes straight to your storage upon death or releasing them.

Have I missed the Hydra and Harpy strategy guides in the Encampment? Does The Encampment get rebuilt after the first Hydra attack ?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Diviance posted:

This is the Post Game, so to speak, or if you prefer it "Act 2".

NG+ is literally starting the game over after you beat the final boss. You have yet to actually beat it.

So I have to collect 20 wakestones and beat another boss in this shitstorm of a world with no fast traveling or vocation switching before I can NG+? gently caress that.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

BORK! BORK! posted:

So I have to collect 20 wakestones and beat another boss in this shitstorm of a world with no fast traveling or vocation switching before I can NG+? gently caress that.

You can still switch vocations and fast travel on the world map.

also do you ever get to have a legit fight with the hydra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Thievery posted:

Killed the Ur Dragon online with my Assassin and was pretty happy with the stupid amount of loot you get until it turned out weapon wise all I got were two 2 handed weapons and two mage/sorcerer staves. Where's my sword, bow and daggers? :(

Nothing you can really do in that situation but give it another run. I just killed Ur-Dragon for the third time now and I finally got the 1h sword from him (as well as Dragon Forging my Abyssal set!)

BORK! BORK! posted:

You won't be spending much time on the actual world map in the post-game. It's pretty much the long, arduous trek to Gran Soren then a ton of plot stuff followed by a dungeon. So yeah, that "oh god eight hellhounds just ripped me to shreds" stuff is just temporary. It'll get better once you hit Gran Soren.

• Locked thread