Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Nasgate posted:

So how does the mule thing work? Do you use a dupe glitch and give everything to the other guy? I assume you white phantom or dragon eye?

360 dudes wanting to mule up: As soon as buzz hooks one person up, that person will be expected to be hook up two other people. Those two people will need to hook another two up, and so on it goes until we get everyone that's interested.

Keep in mind that it takes a long time of button pressing to drop everything and pick it up. Something like 2 or 3 hours. The way it works is:

- You need be SL1 and have nothing in your inventory.
- You will be summoned by the mule in the Burg. You will go through the fog door, up the ladder, and to the area with the two crossbow carrying undead. Here you won't be invaded, but you don't aggro the boss.
- The mule will start dropping stuff, and you will pick up stuff as fast as possible.
- After it's done you will need to put everything you just picked up into your Bottomless Box. It will take awhile.
- Use the Bottomless Box glitch to copy all of those items to a new build.
- Take the new build through the Burg, then spend an hour or so moving items from the BB to your inventory.
- Summon a goon and spend another couple of hours dropping gear.

Because it takes so long, if you just want consumables I'll be more than happy to help you out. If you don't feel like you want or need every single weapon or armor set in the game, then please don't take a bunch of people's times by taking them anyway. If you just want 99+1 of stuff so you can dupe it yourself and get weapons/armor/rings on your own time, it takes way less time.

Edit: to make this somewhat organized, add your SA name and Gamertag to the spreadsheet below. Once you've been muled, you'll be able to find more goons here to hook up. Spreadsheet

EC fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Self Destruct
Jan 1, 2008

lary

andrew smash posted:

Hahaha, that's not what I meant, but thanks. I was actually asking you to explain what you meant with regard to why you can't see x from y.

You can see Ash Lake from Tomb of the Giants but not Tomb of the Giants from Ash Lake because Lordran is supported by the massive archtree in the bottom of which lives the everlasting dragon. The Tomb of the Giants faces out over the far side of that tree high up in its boughs where the entire land is cradled so you don't see the sandbar/great hollow below you when you're looking out, just more archtrees. The giant branch coming out of the mountain you see in Firelink Shrine is an extremity of the branches of that tree, the position of the top of the Great Hollow in relation to where the top of the considerably larger other tree should be matches up.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

EC posted:

Oh man this is perfect. :allears:

Yeah dude you must spend a lot of time down there, you've helped me with Quelaag at least 8-10 times now. Your PVP game is pretty weak though :smugdog:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

The Duke posted:

Yeah dude you must spend a lot of time down there, you've helped me with Quelaag at least 8-10 times now. Your PVP game is pretty weak though :smugdog:

The one time he helped me he pretended to get stuck on the fog door and made me solo Quelaag while he watched.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
So am I the only one who's had more fun in the endgame of Dark Souls than I did prior to beating O&S? Looking through the thread, that seems to be a minority opinion.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Maremidon posted:

So am I the only one who's had more fun in the endgame of Dark Souls than I did prior to beating O&S? Looking through the thread, that seems to be a minority opinion.

Yes, you are.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Personally the Tomb of Giants and the Duke's Archives are two of my favorite areas. But ya most people would say that the game took a nose dive in the second half. I disagree but I can understand how people would hate the Crystal Caverns or Lost Izalith.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

voltron lion force posted:

I disagree but I can understand how people would hate the Crystal Caverns or Lost Izalith.
Crystal Caverns I understand. Lost Izalith was pretty cool I thought, even if the boss was kinda bullshit. I probably would have murdered myself if I'd come down without a good bow, though.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

Maremidon posted:

Crystal Caverns I understand. Lost Izalith was pretty cool I thought, even if the boss was kinda bullshit. I probably would have murdered myself if I'd come down without a good bow, though.

Lost Izalith is my least favorite area to play. It's just a gauntlet of boring enemies leading to a disappointing boss. I seriously hate those dragon legs and it's really hard to see anything while you're running around in the lava.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ya the Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith had the laziest enemy placement and the noise of being constantly burned by the lava was extremely grating. Definitely the worst area.

Does Ariamis count as after O+S? Because that place owns.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

EC posted:

360 dudes wanting to mule up: As soon as buzz hooks one person up, that person will be expected to be hook up two other people. Those two people will need to hook another two up, and so on it goes until we get everyone that's interested.

Keep in mind that it takes a long time of button pressing to drop everything and pick it up. Something like 2 or 3 hours. The way it works is:

- You need be SL1 and have nothing in your inventory.
- You will be summoned by the mule in the Burg. You will go through the fog door, up the ladder, and to the area with the two crossbow carrying undead. Here you won't be invaded, but you don't aggro the boss.
- The mule will start dropping stuff, and you will pick up stuff as fast as possible.
- After it's done you will need to put everything you just picked up into your Bottomless Box. It will take awhile.
- Use the Bottomless Box glitch to copy all of those items to a new build.
- Take the new build through the Burg, then spend an hour or so moving items from the BB to your inventory.
- Summon a goon and spend another couple of hours dropping gear.

Because it takes so long, if you just want consumables I'll be more than happy to help you out. If you don't feel like you want or need every single weapon or armor set in the game, then please don't take a bunch of people's times by taking them anyway. If you just want 99+1 of stuff so you can dupe it yourself and get weapons/armor/rings on your own time, it takes way less time.

Edit: to make this somewhat organized, add your SA name and Gamertag to the spreadsheet below. Once you've been muled, you'll be able to find more goons here to hook up. Spreadsheet

I've already got all of the weapons and armor, so do I need to add my name to that spreadsheet or do something else if I just want hard souls and humanity? I'd imagine that wouldn't take too long compared to normal, and I'd be happy to send the souls and humanity to others if needed.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
I really loathe the Duke’s Archives; the beginning with the escape from the cells is cool, and I thought the Crystal Caves were amazing, but the main library section is such a lazy copy-paste area in a game that otherwise has a purpose for every square foot of real estate. Even the enemies are lazy copies (ooohhh they have crystals on them!)

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Mr E posted:

I've already got all of the weapons and armor, so do I need to add my name to that spreadsheet or do something else if I just want hard souls and humanity? I'd imagine that wouldn't take too long compared to normal, and I'd be happy to send the souls and humanity to others if needed.

Add your name to the sheet and put "consumables only" in the third column.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Added my name to the 360 mule list. Anyone thats able to help me out, I just need a day notice so I can set some time aside to get it done. Once I have a fully stocked mule, I should be able to help someone out over the weekend. Two people if the second doesn't mind waiting a day or two.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

EC posted:

Add your name to the sheet and put "consumables only" in the third column.

All right, I added my name. If I'm online I'm probably available for it, I'll get on now and get a SL1 guy up to the bottomless box.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

SixtySix posted:

Hey buzzsaw, message me when you're on, I wanna get in on dis mule, ie gimme all the stuff and I'll give it to two other people. GT OnionBro

Just catch me whenever I'm on; GT KaiserSchnitzl.

So this kid I killed in Parish like 3 weeks ago has been sending me messages ever since. I normally don't egg these things on, but this kid is just sooooo butthurt that I had to keep it going. Yesterday I got a message from him informing me that he was circulating a demotivational picture about me.

Really. That is why he messaged me. God I love this game.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
well did he send it to you?

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

No, and I couldn't find it, either.

Although I could find his facebook, deviant art account, steam account, bungie account, various anime forums accounts, etc...

loving google. What is this world coming to.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Paladin armour, divine mace, balder shield, blue eye orb. If i win, i send a message about the consequences of sinning.

Oh god buzzsaw, please tell me you reply to him with his full name

Nasgate fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 11, 2012

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Nasgate posted:

Paladin armour, divine mace, balder shield, blue eye orb. If i win, i send a message about the consequences of sinning.
The guilty pay the price.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

buzzsaw.gif posted:

So this kid I killed in Parish like 3 weeks ago has been sending me messages ever since. I normally don't egg these things on, but this kid is just sooooo butthurt that I had to keep it going. Yesterday I got a message from him informing me that he was circulating a demotivational picture about me.

You're on your way to internet stardom.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

buzzsaw.gif posted:

you should find a way to show us :v:

Internet fame here you come.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
The Blighttown Barbarian Clubbing Spree continues - I decided to give lower blighttown a run for the money, since upper was getting a bit dull. Fighting with a poison hazard is really fun as well, it's fun trying to direct the course of combat to more dangerous terrain. I win about 50% of the time, and usually when I'm killed it's a pretty good fight either way. Shirtless Greatclub antics are awesome.

I change my tactics depending on who I'm fighting - people on their first game run with the usual gear, I'll just give them a straight up fight, but anyone carrying stuff way above their level, I'll break out all the tricks - usually where Toxic Mist, and in more difficult cases, Chaos Fireball come into play.

My favourite kill was watching some gimp in Full Havel's with a BKGA flail about trying to catch me in the swamp before the combined Toxic/Poison did him in, desperately try to flask after being Lloyded, and dying face-down in the swamp.

Or the guy who ran all the way back up the ladders to the fog barrier and tried to WoG me as soon as I get to the top of the ladder, only to have me smash him off the edge and fall to his death.

I think for my next PvP build, I'm going to have a guy who specializes in Chameleon/Force, and waits as an innocent pot directly next to precarious ledges.

Edit - Is there an actual list of mules somewhere? I'd like to get in on this action as well.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 12, 2012

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I see lots of people talking about Sen's. Most of the blades in Sen's give me no problem, I use this trick.

-Walk slowly up to a blade. Walk forward as the blade is blocking your path, then stop. This shows you how far you can move without hurting you.

-Wait for the blade to swing in front of you, and block your path again. Start running forward. You will run in place until the blade moves, then safely run past it.

The only place I have an issue is the last bridge with the lightning guy on the left, but I've only died there about twice too.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

McKilligan posted:

Edit - Is there an actual list of mules somewhere? I'd like to get in on this action as well.

Buzzsaw has the "complete" mule, meaning all weapons and armor upgraded and what not. I have a bunch of poo poo that I collected from various nice goons (along with stuff I already had). Follow the spreadsheet, I'm gonna endeavor to keep it updated with who has a mule and who needs one.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

redreader posted:

I see lots of people talking about Sen's. Most of the blades in Sen's give me no problem, I use this trick.

-Walk slowly up to a blade. Walk forward as the blade is blocking your path, then stop. This shows you how far you can move without hurting you.

-Wait for the blade to swing in front of you, and block your path again. Start running forward. You will run in place until the blade moves, then safely run past it.

The only place I have an issue is the last bridge with the lightning guy on the left, but I've only died there about twice too.

I've run through Sen's Fortress three times now and I've never died to anything before the first bonfire other than stupidly trying to run into boulders on my third playthrough while tired and drunk. It's not really difficult at all if you take it slowly, the lizards are super weak enemies.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

EC posted:

Buzzsaw has the "complete" mule, meaning all weapons and armor upgraded and what not. I have a bunch of poo poo that I collected from various nice goons (along with stuff I already had). Follow the spreadsheet, I'm gonna endeavor to keep it updated with who has a mule and who needs one.

Where is said spreadsheet?

King Chicken
Apr 23, 2009
Even beyond the retina burning glare from the lava, those dragon butts in Lost Izalith are ridiculously hard to target with either magic or melee. By the time I target one it leaps and breaks lock, assuming it doesn't leap before I can even get that close. Once it lands, the camera shits out and surviving seems to be a crap shot.

Outside of endlessly pulling the stupid things to terrain they get caught it, the only reliable way to get through there I've found is to run like hell and avoid that poo poo altogether. Running usually costs me a few Rings of Sacrifice though.

I thought every other end game area was fine. The Crystal Caves were kind of annoying, but tolerable. The Dukes Archives, Catacombs and the Tomb of Giants were fun.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

King Chicken posted:

Even beyond the retina burning glare from the lava, those dragon butts in Lost Izalith are ridiculously hard to target with either magic or melee. By the time I target one it leaps and breaks lock, assuming it doesn't leap before I can even get that close. Once it lands, the camera shits out and surviving seems to be a crap shot.

Outside of endlessly pulling the stupid things to terrain they get caught it, the only reliable way to get through there I've found is to run like hell and avoid that poo poo altogether. Running usually costs me a few Rings of Sacrifice though.

I thought every other end game area was fine. The Crystal Caves were kind of annoying, but tolerable. The Dukes Archives, Catacombs and the Tomb of Giants were fun.

Don't lock on to them! Hit their legs, and when they jump, carefully take a few steps back, and put up your shield!

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I've run through that area so many times and I've never had those things attack me.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I love the dragon butts, because 150+ hours into the game I haven't even seen one. What can I say, Chaos Servant struck a chord with me. :darksouls:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Dewgy posted:

I love the dragon butts, because 150+ hours into the game I haven't even seen one. What can I say, Chaos Servant struck a chord with me. :darksouls:

I keep saying I'll go into there the normal way, but then I get confused by the butts and decide to go the shortcut.

Drag
Sep 23, 2004

King Chicken posted:

I've been through there I don't even know how many times and I've never killed a Dino butt since the patch. You can quite easily make your way through to the bonfire tower without aggroing any of them, and you definitely shouldn't need a RoS to do it.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Why do people fight so many butts? You only aggro one the entire way through Izalith, and you can sprint right past him if you don't want to deal with him. Worst case scenario you hit the second bonfire behind that illusory wall and then magic it to death before touching it if you really want to kill one. Otherwise, just run

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

Why do people fight so many butts? You only aggro one the entire way through Izalith, and you can sprint right past him if you don't want to deal with him. Worst case scenario you hit the second bonfire behind that illusory wall and then magic it to death before touching it if you really want to kill one. Otherwise, just run

Put on the Fog and Lava ring, take off all your clothes, never sweat the butts again

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SixtySix posted:

Put on the Fog and Lava ring, take off all your clothes, never sweat the butts again

I took all my clothes off to finish Bed of Chaos, because that armsweep attack kept getting me before I could reach the root.

One way or another, you're wearing your loincloth thong in Lost Izalith.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Nasgate posted:

Oh god buzzsaw, please tell me you reply to him with his full name

mmmm I don't think that would be appropriate. It moves the whole discussion from being moronic to downright invasive. I don't want to move from trolling to creepy rear end in a top hat behavior.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

I like to kill monsters with swords ok.

They just made those monsters pretty mean and boring and not worth killing.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
fair enough, you're more thoughtful than I am.

My only problem with late game levels is Izalith because it feels like it either got forgotten or rushed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Nahxela posted:

The guilty pay the price.
I like blue orbing in Sen's because half the time they fall off and die before I can even find them.

The guilty pay the price are clumsy :black101:

• Locked thread