Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

MockingQuantum posted:

So I'm curious about something:

A) Is there a general Slender Man thread anywhere on SA that doesn't involve too much fan wanking?

And:

B) I'm not too tapped into the whole Slenderverse, but I have watched some of the other vlogs now and then. Does anybody else get the feeling that the community is kind of dying out?

A) No

B) People only have so many stories in their heads. As they run out of ideas to make new content, people start leaving for new things. That's normal for any kind of show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

There are some other slenderman threads here but they fall off the GBS front page quickly because the other series update like twice a goddam year. For better or worse, if you want constant slendychat I refer you to unfiction.com. Be prepared for lots of teenagers and furries

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Docjowles posted:

There are some other slenderman threads here but they fall off the GBS front page quickly because the other series update like twice a goddam year. For better or worse, if you want constant slendychat I refer you to unfiction.com. Be prepared for lots of teenagers and furries

Well that's settled then.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Speaking of ... can anyone spoiler a tl;dr of the last 6-months-to-a-year of Tribe Twelve for me? Been too busy/lazy to keep up.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Dark Harvest has been updating a bit more often, and I really like it, it's got a great atmosphere and is genuinely pretty creepy.

I'm trying to remember what's happened in Tribe Twelve:

There's been a few times Noah's tried to get away from the Observer, so he ran off to a hotel, but the Observer found him and took him again.

Noah got a call from Mary Asher, Milo's mam, which dealt with quite a lot of stuff, like the Nazi soldier's diary that Grandpa Karl found. It turns out that Milo's body was never found, and that's what happens to the victims of Mr Slim (Slenderman?) and some character called Mr Scars. Neither of them knows who Mr Scars is - I think the Observer mentioned the name when he took over Noah's Formspring.

Slenderman showed up on his birthday, he tried to shoot him but it didn't seem to do anything. Slendy rushed towards the camera... and that's where we're up to now.

There's probably a few things I've forgotten though, sorry.

MortonTheCranium
Nov 25, 2004

We're cousins. (bros)

Stottie Kyek posted:

Dark Harvest has been updating a bit more often, and I really like it, it's got a great atmosphere and is genuinely pretty creepy.

I'm trying to remember what's happened in Tribe Twelve:

Slenderman showed up on his birthday, he tried to shoot him but it didn't seem to do anything. Slendy rushed towards the camera... and that's where we're up to now.

There's probably a few things I've forgotten though, sorry.

drat, I haven't seen this video yet. That sounds like a cool visual.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stottie Kyek posted:

Dark Harvest is a slow burn but the last 5-10 entries they've done have been better than this season of MH. It's definitely worth checking out.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Yeah, I don't see this going badly AT ALL:

@marblehornets posted:

Decided I'm going to come clean with Tim the next time I see him. Don't have much to lose.

https://twitter.com/marblehornets/status/212243000284282882

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009

Is there a good way to casually start that conversation?

"Hiya, Tim, how are ya? Nice day, isn't it? Say... do you remember ever wearing a mask and stalking Alex? How 'bout when he smashed your leg with a rock? A tall skinny faceless guy wearing a suit? Any of this ring a bell, buddy?"

Recursive Expanse
May 4, 2011
Or he could just point him towards the in-universe youtube channel.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Recursive Expanse posted:

That would be amazing and I would take back every bad thing I've said about this season.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Thanks for the recap Stottie.

Welp this is kind of what we've been waiting for. I'd have to imagine Tim is just going to blow him off and tell him he's crazy and to leave him alone.

And then post an angsty TTA video.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

fullroundaction posted:

And then post an angsty TTA video.

This is your chance, Marble Beerboz

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

This would be amazing, especially if they did that then had a webcam-style reaction video from Tim like you see all those random nobodies post on YouTube in response to MH et-all.

Recursive Expanse
May 4, 2011
Okay, if we can't have a Tim reaction video as an official episode, it needs to be a dvd extra.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

precision posted:

Dark Harvest is a slow burn but the last 5-10 entries they've done have been better than this season of MH. It's definitely worth checking out.

I just love Greg, bless him. He's so dim all the time when the others are trying to be cautious about the whole situation. RIP, you great big daftie.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Quick blog update from Troy. Updates will resume shortly, they've been busy having lives and poo poo :argh:

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
Here we go. The plot thickens...

marblehornets posted:

Tim just called, he wants to meet with me later tonight and "talk about something important".

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009

Even if he did that, there'd probably be some awkward, dramatic pause, and Tim would say something like "Why did you link me to my youtube channel, Jay?"

Of all the wonderful side-endings and twists the plot could've taken, that one's still out there, not completely lost yet.

Clarington Grey
Dec 4, 2007

Subtle but delightful.
For safety's sake, I hope they agree to meet in some public, neutral setting. It would be neat if Jay and Tim ended up working together, but somehow I don't see that happening. Assuming Tim's amnesia is legit, it would be interesting to watch his reaction to seeing himself on YouTube.

I have this feeling that Jay is not going to survive this journey he's on. I imagine that Marble Hornets will ultimately end with a long silence from Jay after some bombshell twitter update, and then a final entry from totheark: Jay's camera footage showing his confrontation with Alex and the Operator, in which he unwittingly films his own death, a la Blair Witch/REC.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

You have no fucking idea how hungry I am

Clarington Grey posted:

I have this feeling that Jay is not going to survive this journey he's on. I imagine that Marble Hornets will ultimately end with a long silence from Jay after some bombshell twitter update, and then a final entry from totheark: Jay's camera footage showing his confrontation with Alex and the Operator, in which he unwittingly films his own death, a la Blair Witch/REC.

The other, slightly happier option is this but with Alex instead of Jay, and Jay posting it. Actually at this point I'm almost entirely sure that Alex won't survive this series - although they do not treat death lightly on Marble Hornets, and the only actual one we've seen was an extremely visceral, violent encounter, that's the way I'm seeing it going. Can't wait for 59 :dance:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Faust IX posted:

Even if he did that, there'd probably be some awkward, dramatic pause, and Tim would say something like "Why did you link me to my youtube channel, Jay?"

Of all the wonderful side-endings and twists the plot could've taken, that one's still out there, not completely lost yet.

"Wait, wait, the guys I've been trolling with messed-up videos for months, that's you?"

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm still holding on to that Season 1 theory that this is all a big trick/prank on Jay. Makes sense to me.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

@marblehornets posted:

Entry #59 will be uploaded today.

Ladies and gentlemen, start your :f5:

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Docjowles posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, start your :f5:

Oh god I hope that it happens in the next few hours, I'm at school and I'd rather use their net to grab it than mine.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
I am still ceaselessly hoping for that Tim reaction video. :allears:

Zoneman
Sep 22, 2009
:siren: New entry: :siren:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLbp-1NjZsM

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Well, poo poo just got extremely real.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

God dammit Jay :ughh:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Nice job breaking it, hero.

I do like Tim calling Jay on not actually doing anything useful.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Well, that didn't go well.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That could've gone better

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Well, that's one way of driving the narrative forward. I actually fist-pumped at that.

And now, the best part is, if the Marble Hornets youtube channel is in-universe, god only knows what else Tim found on the internet searching for it. Maybe even this thread. Or the sideburn analysis in the previous threads and elsewhere.

It's good to find out that the sanest cast member so far is insane. Or just sick. Maybe the mask is an immune response.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Faust IX posted:

Well, that's one way of driving the narrative forward. I actually fist-pumped at that.

And now, the best part is, if the Marble Hornets youtube channel is in-universe, god only knows what else Tim found on the internet searching for it. Maybe even this thread. Or the sideburn analysis in the previous threads and elsewhere.

It's good to find out that the sanest cast member so far is insane. Or just sick. Maybe the mask is an immune response.

"And then I find this website talking about my goddamn sideburns!"

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
This series was already kind of meta, and then they did an episode where they called themselves out. Impressive.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Faust IX posted:

And now, the best part is, if the Marble Hornets youtube channel is in-universe

Hahaha they actually did it, that was awesome.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Pope Mobile posted:

"And then I find this website talking about my goddamn sideburns!"
I was secretly hoping for that.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
You're breaking the fourth wall, Jay! You're breaking the fourth wall!

Is this the first time he's ever spoken to the camera?

This entry actually had really decent acting with the exception of that girly punch.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Dragyn posted:

You're breaking the fourth wall, Jay! You're breaking the fourth wall!

Is this the first time he's ever spoken to the camera?

This entry actually had really decent acting with the exception of that girly punch.

No, he's spoken directly into the camera before. First time was, I think, the entry where he was planning on quitting MH but then he finds out about his old apartment complex burning down.

Also they need to pursue the "Marble Hornets exists in-universe" line of thought further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recursive Expanse
May 4, 2011
Jury's still out, but that might be my favorite reaction video.

• Locked thread