Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I can't find those character popularity charts anywhere at the moment, but if you want a good idea of who might show up in an expansion, that'd probably be a good place to look.

Edit: Found it:

So in terms of characters who could actually possibly make it in...
1) P3 Protag
2) Shinjiro (this one is really iffy)
3) Kuromaru
4) Tatsuya
5) Yukari

Edit2: Also as a side note, the inclusion of a whole tab for 'Navigation' makes me kind of suspicious of the possible inclusion of multiple Navigators ...

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
More then likely it's probably going to be some more Persona 3 characters (My money is on Junpei, Yukari, and Koro) added first, and P3's Navigator Fuuka as an option instead of Rise.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'd call Yukari unlikely - isn't she an alternate costume for Chie?

Junpei's the most likely in my mind, taking those alternate costumes into account - I found his exclusion suspicious when he probably suits Kanji's style better than Baofu anyway. Koromaru's not impossible either.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah no to Shinji, this game supposedly follows canon so I can't see him showing up at all.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Cleretic posted:

I'd call Yukari unlikely - isn't she an alternate costume for Chie?

Shadow Labrys has Aigis as an alt color, so I wouldn't use that as a gauge for characters being in or out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sex_Ferguson posted:

DOUBLE EDIT: Mind you, Steve Blum is probably living well due to being a rather high profile VA due to voicing over 200 characters in the past two decades.

He's living well because he mainly does union jobs which are both easier and pays more money. A minor role in the Spongebob movie would pay much more than dubbing an anime main character for a short series.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Achievement list is out

Surprise it's the exact same poo poo Arcsys does for BlazBlue! It's okay, I guess.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Axle_Stukov posted:

More then likely it's probably going to be some more Persona 3 characters (My money is on Junpei, Yukari, and Koro) added first, and P3's Navigator Fuuka as an option instead of Rise.

There was some news about DLC including "New Announcers", I pretty much assumed that meant you could download a Fuuka addon to replace Rise.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
Someone tell me what Shadow Labrys actually does in this game. Every match it seems like she just has to hope she gets a million random hits or 1k damage combos in order to actually win. The biggest things I ever see people do are random flames or punches into a launch into air axe dive. At least regular Labrys has the gimmick of if she hits you a bunch of random times she will have a red axe super for an easy 5k+

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Policenaut posted:

Achievement list is out

Surprise it's the exact same poo poo Arcsys does for BlazBlue! It's okay, I guess.

Haha, I like that the achievement for blocking a lot is 'Null Physical'. Well played, Atlus.

Also I get that some people didn't like Rise's 'analysis' in P4, but really, who would choose to hear Fuuka instead? :geno:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Also I get that some people didn't like Rise's 'analysis' in P4, but really, who would choose to hear Fuuka instead? :geno:

"Gasp! The enemy!" at the start of every match.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Policenaut posted:

Oh come on. Why you gotta steal my post. I even had an image to go along with it.

Only 500 Microsoft points!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Grozz Nuy posted:

Haha, I like that the achievement for blocking a lot is 'Null Physical'. Well played, Atlus.

Yeah, there's a bunch of references to the series which is awesome. My personal favorite is "Meat Dimension." And it looks like there will be multiple titles.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hah, Meat Dimension and You Should Leave Him Be are pretty clever.
Almost clever enough to make me forget that they're releasing a novel where future-Naoto is partnered with a dude that transforms into a motorcycle.
Almost.

gently caress

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
...They're... what?

...No seriously, what? I need details, man.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Hah, Meat Dimension and You Should Leave Him Be are pretty clever.
Almost clever enough to make me forget that they're releasing a novel where future-Naoto is partnered with a dude that transforms into a motorcycle.
Almost.

gently caress

You're, uh, gonna have to explain that one. Because all I can think of is Kino's Journey, which fits that description pretty drat well, but is otherwise irrelevant.

Edit: A little bit of research later and OH MY CHRIST WHAT.

Captain Corduroy
Mar 31, 2007

We find the source of the problem, and we throw dragons at it.

Policenaut posted:

"There's a single enemy!"
*hit the other guy once*
"There's only one enemy left!"

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

dj_de posted:

Someone tell me what Shadow Labrys actually does in this game. Every match it seems like she just has to hope she gets a million random hits or 1k damage combos in order to actually win. The biggest things I ever see people do are random flames or punches into a launch into air axe dive. At least regular Labrys has the gimmick of if she hits you a bunch of random times she will have a red axe super for an easy 5k+

She doesn't have damage that I've ever seen. That's her worst point imo. Also her defense was REAL bad but now that she's got a not-poo poo DP she's looking a little better just because she can DP like a motherfucker as long as she has persona winding up into some sort of cover attack. She has really good Oki/Pressure because of her persona, even versus good DP chars like Chie and Teddie. She has pretty good boxes and she still has Labrys's really good jump B. Her persona has a bad command grab? Still not sure she has the real tools to be good though even so in this game of Everyone's Counter Hit Jab 70% Combo.

PS G. Blood did you know Kanji can combo into his 720 grab? I don't know if you're interested in playing him but it's super cool kind of new tech. It's not really very useful though because it's corner only and you need 150. You do whatever (air grab, chair slam, A A A combo) into punching super, and roman cancel after hit two which sends them into spinning backwards state and then super grab them. If they were low enough it would probably be worth it to do normal C grab/ D grab as well from like 100, or EX grab from 125. Also right now I've landed it on two guys midscreen as a ghetto reset by dashing after roman cancel into super, but I'm sure if they weren't sleeping they would have jumped out.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I like Fuuka. :(

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

This thread is a really weird mix of FG fans and RPG fans peacefully coexisting. But will it last after the game is released???!!

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Only if she got a new VA too.

Which will probably never happen because I don't think Mela Lee is hard to get a hold of, fuuuuuuckkk. :suicide:

Almost.

Wait, is that what the deal with her partner for that is? Because all I've been caring about is how much better she looks with long hair and how I like the implication that she's doing whatever the gently caress she wants now appearance wise, screw sexism, etc. etc. and also how it pisses off all the people who actually thought she was transgender.

Dude who transforms into a motorcycle though.......... :psyduck:

Those achievements are pretty cool name wise-- wait, do you honestly get an achievement just for turning the game on, am I reading that right??

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Katsudon posted:

Those achievements are pretty cool name wise-- wait, do you honestly get an achievement just for turning the game on, am I reading that right??

They use those acheivements to see how many people played the game vs. how many people did things like play arcade or win matches online.

Is there anyone in this game looking like Sol? I'd even settle for a Ragna to be honest, I've just loved that DP move those characters always get.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Spiking posted:

This thread is a really weird mix of FG fans and RPG fans peacefully coexisting. But will it last after the game is released???!!

We need the Nanako "Noooo Fighting" panel from the P4 comic.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Spiking posted:

She doesn't have damage that I've ever seen. That's her worst point imo. Also her defense was REAL bad but now that she's got a not-poo poo DP she's looking a little better just because she can DP like a motherfucker as long as she has persona winding up into some sort of cover attack. She has really good Oki/Pressure because of her persona, even versus good DP chars like Chie and Teddie. She has pretty good boxes and she still has Labrys's really good jump B. Her persona has a bad command grab? Still not sure she has the real tools to be good though even so in this game of Everyone's Counter Hit Jab 70% Combo.

Yeah, S.Labrys seems to have real poo poo damage output from regular combos and relies on landing lots of random hits and crossups (as she has very, very nasty ones). But that's often good enough considering she can get 2K on a single hit from her Persona. She really seems to behave differently from the rest of the cast.

She also has unblockables which seem to convince people to do dumb stuff. Convincing the other player to jump in general actually seems like a really solid strategy for her because her 2B seems to be a really nasty AA (as it's air unblockable and huge).

The command throw doesn't seem that bad to me? You get big damage off it, and you can do some really funny traps with it. Being able to have a throw and physical hits coming at the other player at the same time is pretty scary.

Oh and another change to v1.02 was making her Brutal Impact A really good. It's unblockable, super fast, and has full auto-guard from startup. It's like a useful version of Galactic Phantom. That also helps her defense pretty considerably.

Something cool she can do is...

Activate Titanomachy -> Do a basic knockdown combo (5AAAA I think works?) -> .. Into Persona 5C .. -> .. While charging up Brutal Impact B.version -> Release Titanomachy (combos off the 5C) -> Brutal Impact Connects

Here's one example off an R-Action, though this player seems to miss the last hit (you can get another 5C after the Brutal Impact, may be situational as well though?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAa12lVTKaI#t=1m45s

You can do it off a bunch of other stuff as well for better damage. I believe you can do it off the command grab even. It's an expensive combo though and the damage output is still not great considering what some other characters can do for free. I think she can break 7K with it on the right setups?

I dunno how she'll hold up over time, but I can say that it seems that a lot of people have been starting to play her since v1.02 came out, and there's some pretty good players starting to show up in vids. She's a pretty unexplored character still so she has a lot of room to grow.

Spiking posted:

PS G. Blood did you know Kanji can combo into his 720 grab? I don't know if you're interested in playing him but it's super cool kind of new tech. It's not really very useful though because it's corner only and you need 150. You do whatever (air grab, chair slam, A A A combo) into punching super, and roman cancel after hit two which sends them into spinning backwards state and then super grab them. If they were low enough it would probably be worth it to do normal C grab/ D grab as well from like 100, or EX grab from 125. Also right now I've landed it on two guys midscreen as a ghetto reset by dashing after roman cancel into super, but I'm sure if they weren't sleeping they would have jumped out.

Didn't know about that no. So wait, the 'spinning' stagger effect allows you to throw people? Or just command grabs? Must be just command grabs, wouldn't make sense otherwise because then Yukiko would be able to combo her throw into itself. :I

It'd actually probably be really good to use the regular C grab if you were in the corner, because you get a combo off that for free.

Speaking of his super grab though, is it 0F startup after the super flash? In other words can they jump out on reaction to it?

Veev posted:

Is there anyone in this game looking like Sol? I'd even settle for a Ragna to be honest, I've just loved that DP move those characters always get.

Not really. Yu is obviously Ky with the focus shifted from fireballs to dive attacks. He still has a DP but it's not real exciting unfortunately.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Spiking posted:

I predict 1 day after release for the "complicated finger puzzles" post in the thread to wreck havoc.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Kuai posted:

I predict 1 day after release for the "complicated finger puzzles" post in the thread to wreck havoc.

Naaah this game is too fun/easy for that. Even mega mashers are gonna be doing sick super cancels by accident.

I think the startup is 0 after the flash. If it goes off and they're on the ground, I always get them. I really like roman cancelling the chair super even if I don't have 150. I was doing that some today because grabs of any kind give me a better knockdown/oki than the natural end of chair super, which despite the flying chair isn't really a very good KD situation for Kanji.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/11/rearranged-persona-music-comes-with-persona-4-arena-pre-orders/

Welp.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Akihiko got nerfed? He don't care. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR7Yz_w8lSs#t=17m22s

Pretty decent S.Labrys in the prior match as well.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Spiking posted:

Calling it: Nope.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
My money's on this thread doing fine because the snipey undesirables who pick fights with the FGC gravitate towards big easy-to-play releases and are allergic to anime. BBCT was relatively quiet right?

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Akihiko got nerfed? He don't care. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR7Yz_w8lSs#t=17m22s

Pretty decent S.Labrys in the prior match as well.
Thanks for linking footage from these Japanese tournaments often. My one friend needed some convincing about how this is different from BB (looks actually fun) and these videos convinced him that this game looks cool as heck.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Mio Bison posted:

My money's on this thread doing fine because the snipey undesirables who pick fights with the FGC gravitate towards big easy-to-play releases and are allergic to anime. BBCT was relatively quiet right?
Wait until people spend 10 pages trying to analyze the story of arcade mode

Also here's a real deal Akihiko http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s05cnl6HhuU&feature=player_detailpage#t=443s

Elec
Feb 25, 2007
Really glad I just found this thread.
I've never played any Persona games, but am probably picking up P3P soon and P4 for Vita when it comes out.

I found this game in a game center nearby (I live in Tokyo) and played through it without knowing anything about the character, what I was doing, etc. Cleared arcade mode with Narukami and it was really fun.

I don't own a PS3 so I am wishing on a star that there's a Vita port in the future. Google tells me this is probably not happening though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Elec posted:

Really glad I just found this thread.
I've never played any Persona games, but am probably picking up P3P soon and P4 for Vita when it comes out.

I found this game in a game center nearby (I live in Tokyo) and played through it without knowing anything about the character, what I was doing, etc. Cleared arcade mode with Narukami and it was really fun.

I don't own a PS3 so I am wishing on a star that there's a Vita port in the future. Google tells me this is probably not happening though.

Arcsys ports pretty much everything to portables now, so it wouldn't be too surprising if like next year there was P4A Extend 3DS/Vita or something.

Elec
Feb 25, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Arcsys ports pretty much everything to portables now, so it wouldn't be too surprising if like next year there was P4A Extend 3DS/Vita or something.

Yeah, given their timelines on portable releases of Blazblue etc I really don't mind waiting. And the one quote I found from an Atlus rep said re: vita port, "good idea!" so... hope!

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Policenaut posted:

I thought Atlus had control over the persona series?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

zarron posted:

I thought Atlus had control over the persona series?

I don't think Atlus would argue with more money.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

I don't think Atlus would argue with more money.

It depends. Arcsys could need that development team for other projects :) But they seem to be good at porting over stuff to handhelds and still make arcade updates so it's probably not out of the question to expect it.

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

That was a really cool match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

That was BEAUTIFUL.

• Locked thread