Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I can't help but think that Seth's leaving is somehow related to that recent Ono interview. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

ImperialGuard posted:

Yeah. Is the penalty for "two players did not make top eight" cumulative? Let's say I only guessed on AE, and I was wrong on all eight players, would I be at -4 points for the next Goonbats season?

Yes.

Also all the cool kids care about KoF13.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I'm kind of wondering if the other 2 Evo games should be on the contest for people who follow those games.

Rambro
May 1, 2008
Eightarc is finally taking orders for the Fusion Synthesis and the three eLivePro models.

According to Facebook they only have 300 each of the eLivePros, but no definite number on the Synthesis.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
I downloaded the lovely PS1 port of Darkstalkers 3 on PSN and it's cool, I am enjoying it. Wish it had online play though. Two questions for VSAV people:

1. Post the best LORD RAPTER combos. I worked out this cumbersome 8 hit corner thing with a link to HP at the end but it actually scales really bad

2. When I look at youtubes of tournament level Raptor players they're all about dash/airdash pressure and poking with MP and HP and they're not using his specials at all. What are those good for? I've had good luck with qcb.k on wakeup but that's against the CPU so who knows

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Hey, what a coincidence, I just got that yesterday! Sasquatch is still my buddy. (Q-Bee has a really nice airdash, though.)

When, if ever, are you supposed to use Sassy's ice pond super? Is it a response to fullscreen dashes?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Groghammer posted:

Hey, what a coincidence, I just got that yesterday! Sasquatch is still my buddy. (Q-Bee has a really nice airdash, though.)

When, if ever, are you supposed to use Sassy's ice pond super? Is it a response to fullscreen dashes?

It's mostly a gimmick. If you have someone cornered you can hit them with a move that has good frame advantage on block and then input the super immediately, but even then it's not inescapable.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

swamp waste posted:

I downloaded the lovely PS1 port of Darkstalkers 3 on PSN and it's cool, I am enjoying it. Wish it had online play though. Two questions for VSAV people:

1. Post the best LORD RAPTER combos. I worked out this cumbersome 8 hit corner thing with a link to HP at the end but it actually scales really bad

2. When I look at youtubes of tournament level Raptor players they're all about dash/airdash pressure and poking with MP and HP and they're not using his specials at all. What are those good for? I've had good luck with qcb.k on wakeup but that's against the CPU so who knows

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Vampire_Savior/Zabel

I'm sure you've probably already seen this but whatever. It's also hard to say what applies to the PS1 port since it's probably pretty different like jojo's PS1.

So yeah IAD jump-in short short super

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
Its monday morning, so here is your weekly GBO reminder for tonight!

Not Dave posted:

MAKE THE FIGHT. Jojos is a favorite game of mine, and is also one of the obscure games that goons praise endlessly but never play, like Breakers and Vsav. Its an oddity in Capcom games in that its a four button game, has KOF-like short hops and rolls, Marvel-like Advancing Guard and other things, and STANDS. If you've never played before, or are looking for information Stand Crash Wiki has plenty of information on the system and some characters.
Standard GBO Rules
http://goonsgarden.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/goon-battle-opera-gbo-rules-and-outline/
Special Rules for JoJos
  • Don't pick Petshop. He's not banned, just don't pick him.
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/42k6a284p5

:siren:ATTENTION PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PLAY IN GBO FIVE, KOF 98:siren:
For the following week's GBO, we'll be running our first King of Fighters. Some one asked how character teams would be handled, and since SBO has no official ruling on this because they run KoF in singles, there's no precedent. Since GBO is for the people and I am not a very decisive person, lets have a vote on it. MAKE THE CHOICE.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
I'm making a database out of the evo entrants. Here is an early data dump of some of the countries and interesting statistics: http://pastebin.com/JVcvUFnH

Also, this guy is going to win evo:

playerid=2769 cc=jp player-name=Daiki Matsubara player-handle=A player who prefers anonymity

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Not Dave posted:

Its monday morning, so here is your weekly GBO reminder for tonight!

Someone team up with me for this!!

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World
My SF4 TE's screws are loving with my wrists, cause I rest them there (huge hands, I pivot on my wrists and use my fingers). Any ideas about something to do with them? Latex paint? Some other crap to paint on?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Boobs is Fun! posted:

My SF4 TE's screws are loving with my wrists, cause I rest them there (huge hands, I pivot on my wrists and use my fingers). Any ideas about something to do with them? Latex paint? Some other crap to paint on?

I'd take it to the hardware store and see if you can't replace those round-top screws with something flat. You might need to bevel the plastic a bit to get them to sit flush, but it's a far better solution than trying to Princess-and-the-Pea it with paint or padding.

Rambro
May 1, 2008

Boobs is Fun! posted:

This sounds like a job for duct tape! Maybe even painters or electrical tape. Bonus points for having a kickass customized stick for Evo. :v:

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bebopaloobop posted:

Play Dong Dong Never Die. You can download it here: http://115.com/file/bhd5yxdf

Just click the green button.

I'm a complete idiot and can't figure out how to download. Anyone able to help? I only see blue buttons and they don't work

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

The new DoA5 character Rig, is Canadian :canada:

So that brings up the overall Canadian count in FG's to 4 I think, him, Wolf, Sasquatch, and Maxima.

Too bad dude is a TKD fighter, bleh

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
Too bad he is in DoA5.

South Town guy
Jun 6, 2011

ReVerve posted:

Too bad he is in DoA5.

It's still the best DoA to be in from the look of it so far - I don't envy their task of trying to make the game more respectable without losing the fans it's had before for all the wrong reason, but the steps toward that direction so far have been fairly solid: 1st trailer is males-only, girls are less doll-like with de-emphasized chests, Virtua Fighter characters included almost unchanged (borrowed legitimacy from a game with a reputation for depth and tight execution demands), combat system apparently a bit more refined, etc...

That effort will probably get Tecmo some of my money, at least.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Evil Canadian posted:

So that brings up the overall Canadian count in FG's to 4 I think, him, Wolf, Sasquatch, and Maxima.

Isn't Raven from Tekken also Canadian?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Why can't he be Korean? :mad: Unless he's Canadian/Korean, I guess. Good to see TKD represented at least.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
To fit my expectations, nobody did sign up for GBO 4: Jojos. We can even pretend like it didn't happen.

(I made it a round robin so I could lose two matches instead of one)

I am getting pretty bored running these, and I feel the gimmick is starting to run thin for the next month. With that in consideration, I'm cutting SamSho5S, KoF2k2, and the Grab Bag out, and we'll wrap up with A2 instead. That way I can run some other gimmick tournaments instead (Like Mystery SNES games :getin:)

But we soldier on for the next two weeks, and play everyone's favorite King of Fighters

Standard GBO Rules
http://goonsgarden.wordpress.com/20...es-and-outline/
Special Rules for KoF '98
Have fun cramming 2 handles and 6 character names in your sign up
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/jrvhgtassj

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Evil Canadian posted:

Wolverine is Canadian.

EDIT: Sabertooth, too.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Why can't he be Korean? :mad: Unless he's Canadian/Korean, I guess. Good to see TKD represented at least.

Because every single TKD character ever has been Korean.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
For anyone who cares about anime games, Kotaku made a post with all the special/super moves for 6 of the characters from P4A (due out August 7th).

http://kotaku.com/5921665/memorize-the-fighting-moves-of-your-favorite-persona-characters/gallery/1

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Countblanc posted:

For anyone who cares about anime games, Kotaku made a post with all the special/super moves for 6 of the characters from P4A (due out August 7th).

http://kotaku.com/5921665/memorize-the-fighting-moves-of-your-favorite-persona-characters/gallery/1
Those are already up on Atlus' youtube account.

Also P4A looks really good! Everyone should buy it! :)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Countblanc posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AtlusUSA Go here to watch and not go to kotaku at all. Kanji has the best finisher name.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Veib posted:

No, but I feel there should be more Koreans in fighting games!

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

No, but I feel there should be more Koreans in fighting games!

Hell I would say more minorities (non-stereotypical) in general.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Veib posted:

Eh, there's Choi and Chang (?) who only WEAR TKD gis.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

nickmeister posted:

Eh, there's Choi and Chang (?) who only WEAR TKD gis.

Quit affirming the consequent bro!!

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Hwoarang wears cowboy boots! With spurs! Wicked progressive.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Also assless chaps.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Baek wears a ballin suit!

Starrett fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 28, 2012

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PunkBoy posted:

Also assless chaps.

arent all chaps assless? I thought you wear them over pants.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Fauxtool posted:

arent all chaps assless? I thought you wear them over pants.

Condor from Breaker's Revenge wears nothing but chaps.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Chaps with an rear end are called "pants."

Also, Hwoarang wears a tkd gi as well.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I miss his military uniform from 4. I thought that looked cool. Also trailer for the new DoA guy: http://freestepdodge.com/media/rigs-debut-trailer.450/

Seems like they're adding English voices this time.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Just picked up the new VF5, I'm finding it a lot more intuitive than Tekken and I'll probably be putting some hours into it.

Another Sasquatch question: Do you just do j.LP during a short hop or is there a better move?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
j.MP is the go-to short hop normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Groghammer posted:

Just picked up the new VF5, I'm finding it a lot more intuitive than Tekken and I'll probably be putting some hours into it.

Another Sasquatch question: Do you just do j.LP during a short hop or is there a better move?

664 j.MP is your best friend.

• Locked thread