Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Flameingblack posted:

Except for WWE's mask phobia. That's the reason why, not because Ricardo isn't a good wrestler or anything.

What the gently caress is up with that? And their fear of facepaint. Did they learn nothing from Demolition, L.O.D., Ultimate Warrior, and Sting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Masks provide an additional piece of merch, so I don't understand why more companies don't endorse them. Plus they're easy character. Guy sucks at promos? Give him a mask with no mouth hole. Guy looks completely generic, but is good at wrestling? Give him a colorful mask. And a cape! Wrestling also needs more capes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bocc Kob posted:

Masks provide an additional piece of merch, so I don't understand why more companies don't endorse them. Plus they're easy character. Guy sucks at promos? Give him a mask with no mouth hole. Guy looks completely generic, but is good at wrestling? Give him a colorful mask. And a cape! Wrestling also needs more capes.

A great deal of American wrestling is built around facial expressions and you lose a lot of that with a mask.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

MassRayPer posted:

A great deal of American wrestling is built around facial expressions and you lose a lot of that with a mask.

Reys mask is pretty good for allowing facial expressions to be seen. They could probably do 2-3 variations of his without making them all look the same.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

It's usually just angry glare and cocky smirk nowadays. So what they should do is get a masked guy with those two faces on it that he can switch around depending on the situation. Like that He-Man character.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/sexymisslizz/status/215272617215660032 A word of caution, it's exactly what you might expect.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

https://twitter.com/sexymisslizz/status/215272617215660032 A word of caution, it's exactly what you might expect.
Is that lady an ex Diva or Knockout fallen on hard times or something?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

savinhill posted:

No it's just coconono doing his thing.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

savinhill posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Expected a Miss Elizabeth gimmick account.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Is it wrong I was expecting a Miss Lizz Strickland gimmick account? MISS LIZZ! TWO HOT TODDIES!

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

@TheRealXPac posted:

RT @glennplant Hey PAC could you RT to help Dustin Rhodes new horror movie project that just started? https://www.indiegogo.com/thefirewitch
It's kind of... not good. Not much information, and flexible funding. But, if you have $500 burning a hole in your pocket, you can be as big a Hollywood star as Goldust! $10K gets your name in the credits! There's value for you.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

PWinsider posted:

Kevin Nash wrote on his twitter: "My bad. thought I was gonna run Raw tonight. Reread the email and it said 'hope you go raw dog tonight'. Great night for me anyway!"

He also wrote : "As I've said in the past, social media is bullsh*. it's MY ps3. Thanks for playing along tonight. I'll always be relevant due to my IQ."
Worst booker ever is now the worst troll.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Don't expect Steiner to make anymore TNa posts for a while. TNA's taken legal action against him.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Skinty McEdger posted:

Don't expect Steiner to make anymore TNa posts for a while. TNA's taken legal action against him.

He said he was going to stop because a friend up high told him he was trying to turn things around and Steiner wasn't helping but I guess he went on a rampage again.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Flameingblack posted:

This is a company who hires Luchadores and takes their masks for no reason. Hell, this is a company who hired a Luchadore, took his mask, and then fired him the next day. Literally.

Wait, who was this?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

How do you take legal action against a guy saying he doesn't like a couple people on the internet? :psyduck:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Really dude?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Bocc Kob posted:

How do you take legal action against a guy saying he doesn't like a couple people on the internet? :psyduck:

They're claiming breach of contract from his 2010 deal that included "forbidden from making public statements, including tweeting, concerning TNA or any of its officers, wrestlers, or other individuals without prior approval" as a clause.

So either he's still under contract, or they have some magical contract.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Wait, who was this?
El Hijo Del Medico Asesino (or "Benicio Salazar" in FCW).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd pay PPV money for Steiner to come back and verbally run down Hogan's daughter to Hogan's face.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Perigryn posted:

El Hijo Del Medico Asesino (or "Benicio Salazar" in FCW).
AKA: Dr Lucha. They did a photoshoot where they stripped him of his mask, updated his roster picture, then a day later it was taken down because they'd released him.

There wasn't any fanfare to it in FCW, and he hadn't even been used in a month.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Flameingblack posted:

AKA: Dr Lucha. They did a photoshoot where they stripped him of his mask, updated his roster picture, then a day later it was taken down because they'd released him.

And the few times they'd used him on FCW TV, he was pretty much getting squashed. But on the other hand, he did provide Regal with the opportunity to take a nice little jab at why they gave him such a stupid non-luchador name.

"So if his name's Benecio Salazar, why is he wearing a mask? Couldn't someone just look at his driver's license to find out what he looks like?" :v:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Flameingblack posted:

He'd done a few live shows without the mask actually. It's still lovely though.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:siren: Someone stole Chyna's dog :siren:

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Someone?

Clearly it was Jennifer Nielson. No wait, Nelson. Is it Nelson? could be nelson.

Either way, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT, BRING BACK MY DOG JENNIFER!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is that the real Chyna? If she knows who has her dog, why not go and powerbomb them?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

From what I gather, he apparently tweeted this during Impact. :v:

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

ps I'll find my dog

who took my dog

who found my dog

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I wonder why she started referring to herself in the third-person halfway through. :psyduck:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Jennifer where is the dog? Give back the dog Jennifer. JENNIFER HAND OVER THE GODDAMN DOG!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Dog is drugs

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Dog is drugs

It's probably sad but this was my first thought as well

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Grandpa Pap posted:

From what I gather, he apparently tweeted this during Impact. :v:

Impact wasn't 19 hours ago.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

Impact wasn't 19 hours ago.
He tweeted it just after Impact.

This is in mountain time, where Impact now runs from 6-8.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

You know what, I totally blanked and for some reason thought today was Thursday. Completely forgot Smackdown.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/GiantBernard/status/216644936446119937

Wow I forgot A-Train was an alumni at Pitt, that's awesome.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Just finished eating at Panera Bread. The Ryback refused to even walk in...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Ryback has been increasing the amount of jobbers he can take on at once until he's ready to face the entire Panera Bread staff.