Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Triple-Kan posted:

Are you perhaps insinuating that it is a poor name for a grown man who pretends to fight other man in the guise of a pretend basketball player, all while in the context of a comic book/lucha themed professional fighting league?
It's a pretty bad name regardless of "sport." Had I not known and he just showed up on Impact I would have thought it went through the TNA name generator already. It's that poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He's a fake Harlem Globetrotter. He's right in there with Sweetwater Clifton, Medowlark Lemon, Goose Tatum, Curley Johnson, and Nuggie Watkins for standard Globetrotter names.

His name is ridiculous because it's supposed to be.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Sugar Dunkerton and Dasher Hatfield are two of my favorite names in wrestling because they're so perfect. Even if you don't know anything about them, just their names give you an idea of their gimmicks and personalities. You see Dasher Hatfield on the card, you know you're going to get an old-timey baseball player. Sugar Dunkerton tells you you're getting a fun-loving basketball player. Or maybe a donut. It helps you get into the character and into the match and they don't even have to do anything. It's genius! :swoon:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oatgan posted:

Sweetwater Clifton
Nuggie Watkins

These are also great names

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Bocc Kob posted:

Sugar Dunkerton and Dasher Hatfield are two of my favorite names in wrestling because they're so perfect. Even if you don't know anything about them, just their names give you an idea of their gimmicks and personalities. You see Dasher Hatfield on the card, you know you're going to get an old-timey baseball player. Sugar Dunkerton tells you you're getting a fun-loving basketball player. Or maybe a donut. It helps you get into the character and into the match and they don't even have to do anything. It's genius! :swoon:

Matt Classic fits in there too.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Oatgan posted:

He's a fake Harlem Globetrotter. He's right in there with Sweetwater Clifton, Medowlark Lemon, Goose Tatum, Curley Johnson, and Nuggie Watkins for standard Globetrotter names.

His name is ridiculous because it's supposed to be.

And the also fake but equally believable Bubblegum Tate.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Saints Crow posted:

And the also fake but equally believable Bubblegum Tate.
Sweet Clyde laughs derisively at the suggestion these names are silly.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

WWE Creative Humor posted:

"The Teddy Long Guide to being a GM" is available now. It just says "make tag matches" followed by 60 pages of the word "Holla" #Merch

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jack Krauser posted:

It's a pretty bad name regardless of "sport." Had I not known and he just showed up on Impact I would have thought it went through the TNA name generator already. It's that poor.

what kind of name is Jack Krauser anyway? Ugh. It has like zero marketability. I know these things because I read about them on the internet. Its the smartest.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Sugar Dunkerton is seriously one of the best rasslin names I have ever heard.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It's no Sweet Papi Sanchez.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Atticus Finch posted:

It's no Sweet Papi Sanchez.

Still furious that dude didn't get called up. I've no knowledge of him other than this.

But that's enough that I can tell this was a total missed opportunity.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Still furious that dude didn't get called up. I've no knowledge of him other than this.

...looks like Savio Vega and Hornswoggle had a baby...

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Lone Rogue posted:

Matt Classic fits in there too.

I just finally understood the pun here. :doh:

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Better than when he started out in WWC (and FCW) as Black Pain

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

He threw candy at people.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Flameingblack posted:

He threw candy at people.

I hope to hell it was Sugar Daddies.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sweet Papi Sanchez and Brodus Clay needs to be a thing

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

apsouthern posted:

Better than when he started out in WWC (and FCW) as Black Pain

AND COMING FROM THE ISLAND OF SCOLIOSIS, BACK PAIN

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sin Cara's English is getting better.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
From Gavin Loudspeaker's twitter yesterday.

quote:

Come join me @campbrooklyn TONIGHT as I celebrate the final year of my 30's! #impromptubirthdayparty @karaokekingsnyc

Would've never guessed from looking at him that he's almost 40.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I love Colt Cabana:

Cabana posted:

WHEN I GET BORED: I make up scenarios in my head about The Undertaker being a flamboyant gay dude.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The F4W convention in Vegas is only for the hardcore, a weekend of drunkenness, debauchery and...

@BryanAlvarez posted:

Yah!

Mini golf.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
FYI if you follow me I am RTing the best of wrestleshoot. So far today we have had:

iron sheik got a big boner looking at hogans rear end. hes worse than pat patterson

that would never happen with kelly. no heel they would ever pair her with would get a face reaction for mistreating her

yea aj is so like elizabeth. they paired her with a heel to get heat and the guy got over as a loving face while treating her bad

trish stratus is the type of person who masterbates while looking at pictures of herself

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Frot Lesnar posted:

trish stratus is the type of person who masterbates while looking at pictures of herself

Wait, not everybody does this?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

Just Trish Stratus and THE GAYEST POSTER

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

What a shitbag.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

I had forgotten the ludicrous butt fringe.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bully Ray just livetweeted his first tweet on Impact Wrestling. https://twitter.com/#!/realbully5150

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Lone Rogue posted:

Just Trish Stratus and THE GAYEST POSTER

I accept that both do, and it doesn't strike me in the least as odd.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
More Wrestle Shoot

quote:

u could have kk and eve with creative effort put on as good of feud. and mix in real big spots like kk molly go round to the outside etc

tearing her knee

ppl rave about trish v lita matches. whats really remembered about their matches other than that clutz lita almost breaking her neck and

eve's heel character is basically a joke now bc shes too much of a mark for herself to embrace the hoeski thing and being a heel

the only intriguing thing about tna is how can a 2nd rate company like that get a thrus night time slot but wwe cant

a grown man asking another man for his autograph. no thanks

thats for kids

id ask cm punk for his autograph then rip it up to see his reaction

basically anyone could be right next to me and i wouldnt give two shits about their autograph. i wouldnt even want it
Expand

i think one of the measures of someones markiness is how much they want wrestlers autographs. ppl like cm punk, daniel bryan, and

mixed tag match with aj at 10pm slot does weak rating

back in the 80s guys like daniel bryan and cm punk would be midcarders.

even though wwe sucks in a lot of ways its like the nfl of wrestling. i have no ambition to follow anything else.

i never really watched the original ecw. seemd to have some good stuff but if it was so good why did heyman run it into the ground

no, i dont watch tna at all. waste of time

prowrestlingnet has a new internet mark writer that is gushing about paige's looks. u gotta be loving kidding me

i want kk to team with aj and take the piss out of her again by keep saying come on aj

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
edit: wrong thread

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Frot Lesnar posted:

FYI if you follow me I am RTing the best of wrestleshoot. So far today we have had:

iron sheik got a big boner looking at hogans rear end. hes worse than pat patterson

that would never happen with kelly. no heel they would ever pair her with would get a face reaction for mistreating her

yea aj is so like elizabeth. they paired her with a heel to get heat and the guy got over as a loving face while treating her bad

So he hates women, smarks and now homosexuals. What a diamond this guy is.

Giant Squid
May 17, 2005
Tentacles rise from the sea...
Who are these quotes from?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Giant Squid posted:

Wrestle Shoot.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Giant Squid posted:

A wrestling "news" blog that started to attack DM Punk out of the blue and AP Southern showed him who's boss.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

Wrestle Shoot.

And this is someone we should care about?

EDIT:

Flameingblack posted:

A wrestling "news" blog that started to attack DM Punk out of the blue and AP Southern showed him who's boss.

Oh, so no then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Deadpool posted:

And this is someone we should care about?

EDIT:

Oh, so no then.

It should be more of a Wrestling Web thing than in this thread so I will act accordingly in the future.