Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Megazver posted:

Oh god what was it?!

Don't read this if you're not already a backer!

He's doing the 3D visualisation thing whether he breaks 40k or not, any more money he receives will just get spent on improving the game incrementally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
What is odd about this? I guess he really likes the idea of coding a 3d viewer for the world he created.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Nerokerubina posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/995085580/bring-divekick-to-pc?ref=live Divekick's kickstarter started! Divekick is a super fun mini-game that is ostensibly a silly fighting game parody but actually manages to create a fun and actually pretty interesting looking 2P versus game. A lot of the humor is extremely fighting-game-community injokey but the game is really (surprisingly) mechanically solid. If this somehow makes the netplay stretch goal I will be ecstatic.

Divekick is some kind of elaborate troll right? What the gently caress is going on I don't understand :psyduck:

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

CommissarMega posted:

So Dead State is 19 hours from fundage and $23k-$24k from the $300,000 stretch goal. You guys think they can make it?
It is down to under $19,000 left with 15 hours on the clock, it is certainly within reach. How much the pledge rate picks up during waking hours should spell out the outcome.

I hope it makes it, it is too close to call right now. Besides the City area, it will allow them to hire another designer, which will be great for development.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

So Dead State is 19 hours from fundage and $23k-$24k from the $300,000 stretch goal. You guys think they can make it?

I have faith. I really want them to hit 300k! Doubling their goal is just such a nice thing.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jimb posted:

Divekick is some kind of elaborate troll right? What the gently caress is going on I don't understand :psyduck:
It's computerized thumb wrestling dressed up as a fighting game spoof.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 5, 2012

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Le0 posted:

What is odd about this? I guess he really likes the idea of coding a 3d viewer for the world he created.

The public update says it's the 40k goal, the private one says he'll do it anyway (and acknowledges that he is leaving the public one up for people who didn't donate yet).

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rebel Blob posted:

I hope it makes it, it is too close to call right now. Besides the City area, it will allow them to hire another designer, which will be great for development.

Yeah, I hope it makes it too (12 hours, $17k from the goal). If this was the state, ahah, of things 12 hours ago, I'd be okay with it. As it is, I'm getting all :ohdear: over the whole thing.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Quarex posted:

I am glad Paper Sorcerer is funded, as it looks like fun, but, uh, seriously, you would think at some point in his pitch video he would mention "so this is basically Wizardry IV: Return of Werdna, but made in 2012." He even acknowledges the Wizardry series as part of the inspiration, but does not ever mention that "formerly imprisoned evil sorcerer seeking revenge, summoning temporary allies from summoning circles as he works his way through the dungeon in which he was imprisoned" is not actually a unique idea (even if it is, indeed, still a good one, having only been done once[?] before).

Sent him a message, he said he used Wizardry IV as a big inspiration for the story, but he doesn't want to completely copy it, especially in how it had no really interactive NPC's or towns and it will be more than a single dungeon filled with unreasonable death traps.

Invested after this.

Krenzo
Nov 10, 2004

Tippis posted:

It's computerized thumb wrestling dressed up as a fighting game spood.

It kind of makes sense since in MvC3, a single character is pretty much dead once you get hit and your opponent can finish the combo. This just simplifies it.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

octoroon posted:

I have faith. I really want them to hit 300k! Doubling their goal is just such a nice thing.

It's going to hit 300k with little problem. I just wish it would end at 330k, so we can get Dog Allies. Still, maybe that can be dlc later or something.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

I'm excited for Dead State but I wish there was a stretch reward to make it come out sooner than December 2013 ... I know that's a reasonable amount of development time, but I'm super impatient :(

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Divekick is like the old Atari game Combat. It seems simple, yet will entertain groups of people for hours.

Simple games can be really solid and fun. See also: Warlords.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

Seashell Salesman posted:

The public update says it's the 40k goal, the private one says he'll do it anyway (and acknowledges that he is leaving the public one up for people who didn't donate yet).

Yeah, I got that email and was a bit in two minds about it. I'm not sure if I like the deception involved. I wish instead he had just posted an update saying he was collaborating with someone to create a 3D API (but the 2D tilset version would still be the default view) and then added some other, reasonable stretch goals with concrete info about what will be added by his 'improving the game' from $25K onwards.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Tufty posted:

Yeah, I got that email and was a bit in two minds about it. I'm not sure if I like the deception involved. I wish instead he had just posted an update saying he was collaborating with someone to create a 3D API (but the 2D tilset version would still be the default view) and then added some other, reasonable stretch goals with concrete info about what will be added by his 'improving the game' from $25K onwards.

Pretty much my thoughts too. On the one hand people will get what they pledged for, on the other hand some people may see their contribution as being unnecessary.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is there a projected release timeline for the Feminist Frequency videos?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Star Guarded posted:

I'm excited for Dead State but I wish there was a stretch reward to make it come out sooner than December 2013 ... I know that's a reasonable amount of development time, but I'm super impatient :(

Yeah, I feel that too. At least funding them to 300k will enable them to hire four more people for the project. Although Mitsoda basically stated that it won't help them complete the game any faster, what it will do is allow them to add more content to the game and polish the crap out of it. Right now, Mitsoda's probably doing way too much work and putting on 50 different hats, so being able to hire dedicated artists and designers will really help the game out on the whole.

10k left to 300k and 7 hours to go. Here's hoping!

Edit: I'm also glad Wasteland 2 happened first and Fargo came out and told people flat-out that development takes a ton of time and he wants the extra time to release in order to really smooth out the game and polish it. I think it's helped a lot of people set reasonable time expectations on Kickstarter games.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I upped my KS from $15 to $21 specifically because of those stretch goals. I hope they get the City. Dogs would be nice but maybe they'll add it as DLC or something. That's the kind of DLC I would actually pay for.

Utritum
May 2, 2009
College Slice
Dead State has managed to break the 300k barrier with 4 hours left. The City area is going to be in the game!

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Jimb posted:

Have you ever seen Nidhogg? Because I think that divekick feels/plays very similarly, except it's dressed up in weird fighting game parodies instead of cool minimalist pixel art.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Utritum posted:

Dead State has managed to break the 300k barrier with 4 hours left. The City area is going to be in the game!

25k to Cats and Dogs with about 2 and a half hours to go. Did they ever set up a Paypal for this? Interested to know what, if any, that total is.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I upped my KS from $15 to $21 specifically because of those stretch goals. I hope they get the City. Dogs would be nice but maybe they'll add it as DLC or something. That's the kind of DLC I would actually pay for.
I did the same thing. I'd love to do more if I could. I'm really hoping they reach the animal level too, it seems like a really fun addition that would add a lot to the game.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel
Ok everybody. We have just over 20 hours to get Crystal Catacombs another $25K so it has co-op multiplayer. GO!

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Paper Sorcerer has updated its stretch goals too.

Update posted:

At $8,000, I'll purchase a license for Unity Pro, thus enabling the game to have custom splash screens [none of the Unity ones], fullscreen rendering, and other extra cool things. The new bonus, is that every pledge $5 or more gets another exclusive desktop wallpaper!

New Stretch Goal: At $8500 I'll sign every box copy I ship. That's a signed box copy for every pledge $25 or higher!

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Oh poo poo, Dead State is 4k short of a stretch goal with ~7 minutes to go :f5:...

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

DoctorTristan posted:

Oh poo poo, Dead State is 4k short of a stretch goal with ~7 minutes to go :f5:...

We have pets!

Edit: I'm happy. The last one would have been nice, but, again, maybe it'll be paid dlc.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

We've made it, we've achieved maximum dog.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Looks like it was 3 5k backers jumped in right at the end.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Hell yeah, gonna get so many cats for my shelter!

That's pretty amazing, actually. I checked when there was about 9 minutes left and there was still about $16000 to go.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
PETS!!!!!!!!

I am excited to see that they made it at the last second. The city and the animals were the only stretch goals I really cared about, and I did not think they would make it.

I have a new most exciting Kickstarter moment (other than "the entirety of the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter") to share as well as a result; I decided to up my pledge to the "Radio" level since I am interested in game updates and all that nonsense.

I got to the Kickstarter, and there were 2 minutes to go.

"No problem, just gotta click through to the $21 tier, submit payment, done."
YOU MUST PLEDGE AT LEAST $21
"Oh right, haha" (change $15 to $21)
...Processing Amazon payment...
THIS CREDIT CARD HAS EXPIRED PLEASE ENTER A NEW CARD OR EXPIRATION DATE
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THERE ARE LIKE 20 SECONDS TO GO"
(whip out wallet, drop on floor, frantically dump out all cards, find right one, enter expiration date, payment accepted, Kickstarter instantly ends)
~*fin*~

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh my God, we really got the pets and dog allies! I had hoped, but I wasn't expecting it to hit 330k! :woop:

Thanks, everyone who donated!

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

:hellyeah: I love games with base-building mechanics, and having pets wandering around being useful will add that much more depth to the whole thing. Great to hear that the game's now going to end up with so much extra content.

(Now I'm worried that a few of those 5k backers will have their cards declined :ohdear:)

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

I'm amazed, now that was a finish. Hopefully it isn't too good to be true, I'm a little worried given the circumstances.

With the end of the Kickstarter, fundraising for Dead State is over. I've reopened the Dead State thread, it should now be within the forum rules.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
Rival Threads: Last Class Heroes has four days left, just 2k short of their last stretch goal of three more protagonist arcs.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Looks interesting. I might chip in for that.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Goddamn so many Kickstarter games! I can hardly keep track of it all anymore. There needs to be some kind of Kickstarter Gaming Calendar somewhere that just lists successfully funded projects and projected release dates. I bet there are some projects that are pretty far along by this point, no? Does it just seem like this all started quite a while ago because I'm measuring it in Internet Time, and it's really only been a few months? Jeeeeeez I want these games.

Also, really interesting to see more and more games get successfully funded while more and more huge gaming MegaCorp studios get shutdown/massively downsized. Seems like there's at least a few of each every week, last month or so.

Tufty posted:

Ok everybody. We have just over 20 hours to get Crystal Catacombs another $25K so it has co-op multiplayer. GO!

Man, co-op would seriously differentiate that game. I wish I still had money. On another note, drat, a bunch of those enemies are pretty much straight-up ripped out of Metroid. Which I guess would bother me a lot more if it wasn't a $7500 game, and it didn't also include really loving awesome and original looking enemies, too.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

XboxPants posted:

Goddamn so many Kickstarter games! I can hardly keep track of it all anymore. There needs to be some kind of Kickstarter Gaming Calendar somewhere that just lists successfully funded projects and projected release dates. I bet there are some projects that are pretty far along by this point, no? Does it just seem like this all started quite a while ago because I'm measuring it in Internet Time, and it's really only been a few months? Jeeeeeez I want these games.
Just watch IndieGames.com, IndieGameMag.com and TouchArcade.com - almost any funded Kickstarter game mentioned in here would become an indie game of note that indie press would track post-funding.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Shalinor posted:

Just watch IndieGames.com, IndieGameMag.com and TouchArcade.com - almost any funded Kickstarter game mentioned in here would become an indie game of note that indie press would track post-funding.

Yeah, I suppose there's no real meaningful distinction between Kickstarted indies and non-KS indies. It's either a game worth watching or not. Still, it'd be fun to watch how well games from the KS scene are doing. Anyway thanks for the reminder, I haven't been going to ig.com much lately. Crazy poo poo there every day.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Seashell Salesman posted:

Oh okay, he's a bit of an rear end doing this...

In other news, did you guys check out Skyjacker?
I found out about it in the Retrovirus update and it looks really neat.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitilus/al-skyjacker

quote:

Skyjacker is a first-person free-roaming space combat game with unique features rarely - or never - seen in other space games to date.

Travel from the surface of a planet to the tunnels and bays of orbital space stations, with no transitions or cuts in between.
Bump space hulks and asteroids into collision courses with your enemies and watch the pretty fireworks.
Disable and destroy component parts of a ship. Cargo ship's getting away? Slow it down with some neighborly torpedoes to the engine.
Salvage the parts you didn't destroy and mount them on your own ship. Add insult to injury - rip enemies apart with their own guns!
Swap out engine parts to change the behavior of your ship - play it like an arcade game, like a classic space game, or with full inertia and momentum.
And all this in professional graphics and gameplay.

Also, so sad for Ground Branch... :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
It would be interesting if part of why Ground Branch failed were due to people genuinely thinking it was the same game as Takedown/Hardcore Tactical Shooter (I did not know it was a different project at first, not that I am the target demographic either).

Shalinor posted:

I wonder if the ones from formerly-non-independent studios (Double Fine Adventure, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns) will be covered by these sites? I mean, on one hand, it seems a given, but they also may feel like they do not need the publicity, or something.