Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Killing Floor 2012 Summer Sideshow Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioENl5cJXwo

Goddamn it, Tripwire! Every time I try to get mad about wasting money on RO 2 they go and do something awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Patching now, summer update is live.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Am I missing something here? Even with all filters off I'm refreshing 3 servers and those take forever to show up. It wasn't like this a couple months ago last time I played and it seems especially strange considering there's an event going on.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
The patch was just released so most servers haven't updated and come back up yet.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
Anywhere I can find info on the new guns?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I get the feeling that a lot of the people here are familiar with the IJC weapons already but as a guy who never wanted to bother with modding the game and finding a modded server here's my quick trip report on trying them out real fast:

Kel-Tec Shotgun: Like the basic pump shotgun but with 12 shells instead of 7, and a much tighter spread with more pellets. Loads from a magazine though, so no piecewise reloading.

FN FAL/ACOG: Basically a SCAR equivalent, so something to carry alongside it instead of the AK.

Barret: Like a super crossbow. Weighs even more (leaves you with one block of weight free), does even more damage.

M7A3: Closer to the SCAR than the bullet hoses the other two medic guns are. More damage and fires more slowly.

I actually didn't try out the MK23's though. My guess is they're more powerful than the 9mm but hold less bullets, and less powerful than the Handcannon but hold more bullets.

Mr.48 posted:

Anywhere I can find info on the new guns?
You're in luck!

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 6, 2012

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
MK23 is the best gun, 12 rounds and it penetrates. Fires really fast and has nice, sharp iron sights.

Medic gun is pretty rad too, the display on the gun turns red when you are down to 10 bullets. Works best when you fire single shots imo.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I like the sound of that medic gun, I enjoy the other two but past a certain point the bullets:killing ratio gets kind of frustrating. Does this Barret have a scope like the crossbow? For some reason the crossbow scope always displayed black for me, so I never used it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gils posted:

I like the sound of that medic gun, I enjoy the other two but past a certain point the bullets:killing ratio gets kind of frustrating. Does this Barret have a scope like the crossbow? For some reason the crossbow scope always displayed black for me, so I never used it.

It does. I know there's a setting in the graphics options that deals with how scopes are rendered, you could try fiddling around with that.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Welp, after not touching KF for months, I think it is time for me to waste my summer away on it again. Are there any goon servers left? I ask the vain hope that the OP is just wrong.

I have never seriously tried anything above normal or hard usually trying to keep others and myself alive on those difficulties is hard enough most of the time. Maybe I'll try to knock it up a few levels. Are there some things I should look out for on the harder difficulties?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Tried playing just now. Took forever to find a server, then right after I pick up a dead demolitions guy's grenade launcher during the pat wave, I crash. According to the game, I ran out of virtual ram. According to my computer, I have 8 gigs virtual ram and 8 gigs physical DDR3. You could say I'm somewhat skeptical. It happened right when I pulled out the grenade launcher, could it be a hosed up file and it just threw the wrong error?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Gils posted:

Yeah it's kinda got a scope like the xbow.

Cowcaster posted:

Kel-Tec Shotgun: Like the basic pump shotgun but with 12 shells instead of 7, and a much tighter spread with more pellets. Loads from a magazine though, so no piecewise reloading.

The Shotgun has an alt-fire mode. Switching modes changes your pellet spread from Tight spread to Wide spread.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Tried playing just now. Took forever to find a server, then right after I pick up a dead demolitions guy's grenade launcher during the pat wave, I crash. According to the game, I ran out of virtual ram. According to my computer, I have 8 gigs virtual ram and 8 gigs physical DDR3. You could say I'm somewhat skeptical. It happened right when I pulled out the grenade launcher, could it be a hosed up file and it just threw the wrong error?

The Unreal engine can be pretty wonky like that, try using CFF explorer on the .exe to make sure the game is flagged as being capable of using more then the default 2gb of ram (under the file header).

Mr.48 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 6, 2012

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I like the new map and, having only tried the shotgun so far, the weapons, too. But holy gently caress is the new map hard on the patriarch wave. He has so many angles and geometry to catch rockets on so dodging is incredibly difficult.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
Did Tripwire ever fix that .44 magnum weight bug? I miss my 2 weight six guns and feeling like a friggin cowboy when reloading it.

edit: excellent, can't wait to kill zeds with my trusty .44 again, wonder how it stacks up against the mark 23.

Mushball fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jul 6, 2012

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mushball posted:

Did Tripwire ever fix that .44 magnum weight bug? I miss my 2 weight six guns and feeling like a friggin cowboy when reloading it.

They did.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Hour posted:

I like the new map and, having only tried the shotgun so far, the weapons, too. But holy gently caress is the new map hard on the patriarch wave. He has so many angles and geometry to catch rockets on so dodging is incredibly difficult.

My ping is in the toilet tonight so I haven't got to play yet, but a buddy is telling me they also patched out his susceptibility to circle 'zerking with chainsaws. Says they tried it with a full team of lv6 zerkers and got destroyed while only taking off like 8% of the Pat's health. Not super sad to see that particular strategy go, but it was nice to have as a fallback if you were hunting map achievements or something.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Well so long as you're not Alteisen that won't be a problem, right?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Takes No Damage posted:

...a buddy is telling me they also patched out his susceptibility to circle 'zerking with chainsaws. Says they tried it with a full team of lv6 zerkers and got destroyed while only taking off like 8% of the Pat's health.

I haven't played it for ages to verify, but didn't they give the Pat some sort of melee attack that he uses when surrounded like that, exactly to combat the zerk rape?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Takes No Damage posted:

My ping is in the toilet tonight so I haven't got to play yet, but a buddy is telling me they also patched out his susceptibility to circle 'zerking with chainsaws. Says they tried it with a full team of lv6 zerkers and got destroyed while only taking off like 8% of the Pat's health. Not super sad to see that particular strategy go, but it was nice to have as a fallback if you were hunting map achievements or something.

gently caress my life, why didn't I finish those map achievements ages ago? :negative:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

:siren: The Birdcage is now open for business :siren:

It should be set for Long/Hard, with the password "dosh". I tried to enable map voting, let me know if it's not working. Working on getting the thing for no blocking during round changes.

edit: I changed busemaplist....it should be working now

alg fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 6, 2012

Prosthetic_Mind
Mar 1, 2007
Pillbug

alg posted:

:siren: The Birdcage is now open for business :siren:

[timg]http://cache.https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/69.61.27.29:7707/b_560_95_1.png[/timg]

It should be set for Long/Hard, with the password "dosh". I tried to enable map voting, let me know if it's not working. Working on getting the thing for no blocking during round changes.

Map voting doesn't work.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

I can't believe they added a Kel-Tec shotgun.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I managed to beat Hellride on Hell on Earth last night. Tripwire seems to curbing the old standby tactic of berserker kiting on this map. For one, it's not a perfect loop; you have to run through very narrow and cramped hallways to circle back, leaving too many opportunities for getting trapped. Secondly, there's a bunch of spawn points located in the ceilings all throughout, meaning an unlucky mob can just appear in front of you and easily block you off.

After wiping a couple of times, my team decided to camp instead. The one feasible holding point we found was an offshoot near the end of the blue river part of the ride. There's a small hallway and then a ramp leading up to a door. Have one support on welding duty on the back door. Two other supports at the base of the ramp can easily lock down the zeds streaming through the small hall. The ramp also gives elevation for clear shots from demos and sharpshooters standing behind the supports.

Luckily, the game seems to be bugged because we only encountered a handful of scrakes, maybe about 4 or 5 altogether, no exaggeration. Tripwire might have also fixed Wave 8 since it seemed less intense than I remembered.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Looks like the days of kiting FPs with berserker are over. Apparently the new M99 can two-shot them on a full HoE server (6-man)

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Theres a couple of potentially interesting new achievements:

Fugly
Fugly-Kill one of each type of zed in one round (KSG Shotgun)

Spec Ops
Spec Ops-Kill 12 clots with one magazine without reloading (MK23)

Anyone know what is meant by a fugly-kill and a spec ops-kill?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cowcaster posted:

Well so long as you're not Alteisen that won't be a problem, right?

Excuse me?

quote:

Looks like the days of kiting FPs with berserker are over. Apparently the new M99 can two-shot them on a full HoE server (6-man)

That's cool and all but, is it really a good idea for one character to have nothing but a limited ammo gun and a pistol?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

moot the hopple posted:

Luckily, the game seems to be bugged because we only encountered a handful of scrakes, maybe about 4 or 5 altogether, no exaggeration. Tripwire might have also fixed Wave 8 since it seemed less intense than I remembered.

I noticed the reduced scrakes too. I swear on hard we got more FPs than scrakes, it was really strange. I'm really liking the new map, though.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Pumpking posted:

Theres a couple of potentially interesting new achievements:

Fugly
Fugly-Kill one of each type of zed in one round (KSG Shotgun)

Spec Ops
Spec Ops-Kill 12 clots with one magazine without reloading (MK23)

Anyone know what is meant by a fugly-kill and a spec ops-kill?

Just ignore the "Fugly" and "Spec Ops" parts and there's your answer.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Time to clean the dust of KF again. KSG shotgun, MK23 and a FN FAL? :hellyeah:

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

So the sniper rifle seems bugged to me; it requires me to press the ironsights button twice every time I want to scope, which is just asking to get your rear end kicked in any tense situation. Maybe it's specifically when using the 'hold' ironsights bind rather than the 'toggle' one?

Not that I should be that concerned about it, as the weight limit means I'll probably never use it, but I'd like to give it a fair chance. I'm digging the new shotgun, medgun, and handgun though.

Prosthetic_Mind
Mar 1, 2007
Pillbug

MonkeyforaHead posted:

So the sniper rifle seems bugged to me; it requires me to press the ironsights button twice every time I want to scope, which is just asking to get your rear end kicked in any tense situation. Maybe it's specifically when using the 'hold' ironsights bind rather than the 'toggle' one?

Not that I should be that concerned about it, as the weight limit means I'll probably never use it, but I'd like to give it a fair chance. I'm digging the new shotgun, medgun, and handgun though.

I thought kind of the same thing, but then I fired it down a constricted hallway filled with zeds and 1 shot turned them all into chunks.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alteisen posted:

That's cool and all but, is it really a good idea for one character to have nothing but a limited ammo gun and a pistol?

Not like one's going to be running around with it the whole time. If it were me I'd only pick it up in the later waves.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ran into an annoying bug on the Patriarch. His rockets were invisible and made no explosion sounds. So I thought I was clear to take a shot at his head and then died for seemingly no reason.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The keltec shotgun is really fun. It has awesome ironsights, the wide spread is fun to use as an alternative to the hunting shotgun if you have only clots or gorefasts in front of you and the tight spread gives it good punch at medium range. The only downside i find is the magazine reload wich I could understand in the AA-12, but then it balances it to not be absolutely better than the combat and normal shottie. It only takes 6 slots, giving room for more weapon combos (wich i usually include the M79 for trash clearing or the lever action).

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Guillermus posted:

The keltec shotgun is really fun. It has awesome ironsights, the wide spread is fun to use as an alternative to the hunting shotgun if you have only clots or gorefasts in front of you and the tight spread gives it good punch at medium range. The only downside i find is the magazine reload wich I could understand in the AA-12, but then it balances it to not be absolutely better than the combat and normal shottie. It only takes 6 slots, giving room for more weapon combos (wich i usually include the M79 for trash clearing or the lever action).

I think it fires faster than the pump shotgun, too. One big downside is that it doesn't have a flashlight

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
Which achievements are needed to unlock the steampunk character?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mr.48 posted:

Which achievements are needed to unlock the steampunk character?

I believe it's 10 out of the 13 achievements from last year.

For reference.

E: Can someone with a Twitter account follow @TripwireYoshiro and ask him if they really did base the Harold Lott DLC character off of the loadsamoney video?

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 6, 2012

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Scyantific posted:

E: Can someone with a Twitter account follow @TripwireYoshiro and ask him if they really did base the Harold Lott DLC character off of the loadsamoney video?

Given the similarity of both the first name and the character model (not to mention his backstory), I don't think there's any question.

Also, the store page for that: "with this particular DLC, we've added the inbuilt and inate ability to leave a trail of dosh behind you as you charge around the map!" Has anyone tried him out yet to see if this is just a pointless bit of joking flavor text or if it actually has an effect of some sort? Dosh particle trail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Heads up: you have to kill the Patriarch to get the Fugly achievement. Little hard to do with the KSG but not impossible.

edit: if I wasn't such a dummy I'd have realized you could soften him up with another gun and then try to get the killing blow with the KSG.

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 6, 2012

• Locked thread