Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

PSI-5 posted:

Australia is the Wasteland.

Edit: RB, you are a man among men. Thank you so much for all of your time, effort and scorpitrons.

Quarex, congrats on your gig at the Wasteland 2 party. Well deserved.

Seeing that the shirt has arrived for another Aussie has me excited to see if mine has arrived by now! My wife did just email me to tell me a package arrived... yep! Love the shirt, and the return sticker joke was nice and subtle. :) A HUGE loving BLUNT's name got some raised eyebrows from the wife, but I wouldn't be concerned about wearing this shirt down the street.

chiefnewo fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

What was the return sticker joke, for those of us who already have way too many T-shirts so didn't get one? (Seriously, I can't physically fit them all into the tiny piece of wardrobe space I have allocated to them.)

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Still no shirt in Germany. I should move to the moon. :smith:

PSI-5
Aug 21, 2007

The servolator is fried.

Chairchucker posted:

What was the return sticker joke, for those of us who already have way too many T-shirts so didn't get one? (Seriously, I can't physically fit them all into the tiny piece of wardrobe space I have allocated to them.)

There's a hint in my last post.

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.

Tarquinn posted:

Still no shirt in Germany. I should move to the moon. :smith:

Same here in the Netherlands. Hoping it'll arrive this week.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, Unity 4 is today's big news, and it officially supports publishing to Linux. I know that Fargo and the gang had worked out a deal to make this happen anyway, but now, it's like it's truly cemented.

I don't even run Linux, but still... :toot:

Relevant link -> http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-57455039-2/unity-4-gives-game-coders-animation-flash-linux-support/

Also, RB, I'm still interested in my two shirts, but my life's been crazy busy and unfortunately expensive lately, and I get paid thursday and I still want them, and I've moved now and... and... and... are they still there? Can I still pay you? :smith: :ohdear:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, Unity 4 is today's big news, and it officially supports publishing to Linux.

'Tis the best of news. Wasteland 2 being kind of high profile really helped make it happen, so kudos, Brian Fargo. Now we wait for the amazing game you promised us.

Sewer-Cover
May 28, 2010
Just got my shirt Raging Boner, figure I'd echo everyone else and tell you you're awesome. (Also congrats to Quarex, make us proud :patriot:)

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Got my shirts today in Finland. I'll be wearing these bad boys as often as possible. Thank you RagingBoner!

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

So, Unity 4 is today's big news, and it officially supports publishing to Linux. I know that Fargo and the gang had worked out a deal to make this happen anyway, but now, it's like it's truly cemented.

Relevant link -> http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-57455039-2/unity-4-gives-game-coders-animation-flash-linux-support/

Also, RB, I'm still interested in my two shirts, but my life's been crazy busy and unfortunately expensive lately, and I get paid thursday and I still want them, and I've moved now and... and... and... are they still there? Can I still pay you? :smith: :ohdear:

They are still waiting on you.

I'm glad everyone ia finally getting their shirts!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Shirt's here! Thanks again, Mr. Boner! :woop:

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord
My shirt also arrived today, Many thanks RagingBoner! I can't wait to wear it to some inappropriate occasion.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Oh hell yes, one step closer to the day all my games run on Linux :toot:

I wonder if this means we could get a Linux version of Kerbal Space Program, too?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ToxicFrog posted:

Oh hell yes, one step closer to the day all my games run on Linux :toot:

I wonder if this means we could get a Linux version of Kerbal Space Program, too?

There's no mac version, is there? :smith:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

There's no mac version, is there? :smith:

What? Yeah, there is. Unity has supported OSX for ages, and so has KSP.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ToxicFrog posted:

What? Yeah, there is. Unity has supported OSX for ages, and so has KSP.

Ok, weird... forever ago, I looked into getting KSP, but there didn't seem to be a mac version. I'm well aware that Unity easily exports for Mac, but didn't know KSP was made with it. Awesome!!!

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Ok, weird... forever ago, I looked into getting KSP, but there didn't seem to be a mac version. I'm well aware that Unity easily exports for Mac, but didn't know KSP was made with it. Awesome!!!

You may have just looked too early - mac support was added (to KSP, I'm pretty sure Unity had it before that) in fall of last year, with version 0.10.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

RagingBoner posted:

It will be a collector's item some day.

Edit: How rare is American money overseas? Do you see our crap a lot?

Just got my shirt! And a cent! Thanks RB!!!

Don't see your funny money too much (Australia), but I think I have one of each demonination of coin around somewhere.

teKmea.
Jun 28, 2008

make sure we tweak
it so we can have sex
with it

Apparently mine got in early last week but my coworkers didn't bother to tell me.
Wearing it now.

Thanks again for the effort.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Talking about getting your new shirt is all well and good but I need more goons.jpg

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Attention all: I have trekked to the lair of the Quarex, in the beating black heart of the darkest Pacific Northwest forests. I fear this may be my last entry into this log, as the unspeakable horrors that await me in his cavern may well be my demise.

Or we might get lunch or something.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Take pictures!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Hey RagingBoner, if you survive your meeting with Quarex, feel free to post my shirt as I'm finally back home :)

Just caught up with the thread since I left, that cover art is absolutely gorgeous. I might actually like it better than the original (but I don't have the same nostalgic attachment to the original Wasteland as some of you do, so there's that).

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Quarex wore his shirt, but I forgot to pack my shirt, so I wore a button down shirt and tie. Clearly he was the best dressed of the two of us.

Zaii
Nov 6, 2005

Check it out, I downloaded a little dance!
This is the best photo I have ever seen, and should be bundled into the big box LE.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

wastelandgoons.jpg

You guys are awesome. Thanks for being awesome and bringing a smile to bright my day.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Those buildings in the background don't look out of a wasteland at all! :colbert:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Quarex reminds me very much of someone I know. :tinfoil: Have you ever been to Europe, Quarex? :raise:

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 26, 2012

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Urdnot Fire posted:

Those buildings in the background don't look out of a wasteland at all! :colbert:

Agreed :colbert: Go blow something up!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Agreed :colbert: Go blow something up!

Maybe you can sneak into the old Pudu jail for your photo. That place looks like the artwork for Wasteland 2.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
So wasteland 2 is going to use a hybrid camera model where you can change from top town to isometric. [source]

quote:

Clearly things have changed since the first game and we are not trying to create a Apple II experience. What we like is the depth, cause and effect, the setting, the skills based system, Desert Rangers, modern weaponry etc. about Wasteland. We are going to allow the user to set the camera in different places so you can choose if you want a more top down view vs. a more isometric one.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

njark posted:

So wasteland 2 is going to use a hybrid camera model where you can change from top town to isometric. [source]

I'm thinking something like the camera on Empire Earth, where you can "roll in" from a top down, to isometric, to a surface level view.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
That picture is awesome. It's just pure joy on camera. You two look like a kid that just got the G.I. Joe Super Deluxe Camp X-Ray Play-set for their birthday.

njark posted:

That sounds about par for the course. As long we don't have to fight the camera like some games it should be alright. Although, part of me thinks it would be kind of neat if they did something like the new XCOM's glam cam during battles.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I have been reading and appreciating all the positive comments here, and particularly enjoy the thread title change (thanks, probably-AxeManiac!). I was trying to lay low during this randomly super-busy month. Though to be fair I also played Day Z when I should have been playing Wasteland, but I think I have that under control now.

lordfrikk posted:

Quarex reminds me very much of someone I know. :tinfoil: Have you ever been to Europe, Quarex? :raise:
I have, actually, several times. I am what is known as a "globehopping elitist prick." Wait, I mean, "seasoned world traveller." I have spent about 2 1/2 years living in not-America, though less than a year of that was in Europe, and all in the U.K.

I seem to recall you being in like the Netherlands or something, which I have only been in for about a week total. And no I do not have any illegitimate children. The hilarious joke is to say "that I know of," but I keep a pretty good record of these things. Edit: I just remembered that one of my friends from Sweden told me I looked just like a guy named "David" that she knew. Let me know if my doppleganger is named David, and we might be on to something.

Also while that is a lovely picture, I think I look more like myself when not trying to imitate the photo of myself as a 1-year-old I posted earlier in the thread (though that expression does properly convey my excitement for Wasteland 2). I really look most like myself when you can see the Wasteland 2 Goons shirt and that I am about 8 feet taller than Angus Young of AC/DC:

Credit to Raging Boner for wanting visual proof of just how amazingly actually-schoolboy-sized he really is. I suppose it looks like I have a neckbeard, but you have to realize, I also have the world's biggest face.

I think PSI-5 is going to win the award for Wasteland 2 Goons shirt style photos.

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jun 27, 2012

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You guys are not even close to fat enough to be alpha goons. I am disappointed.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

notZaar posted:

You guys are not even close to fat enough to be alpha goons. I am disappointed.

Where's the fedora? Where's the jorts? Where's the post-ironic pipe? Come on, people, you can try harder than that.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Not pictured: pipe made from jorts.

My problem was that I catastrophically outgrew jorts roughly five seconds before joining the forums.

My weight SOUNDS high enough to qualify, but I waste it on being a hundred feet tall. At least I grew my hair back out last year, or I might look borderline respectable-by-everyday-society.

(Oh, anyway, back to Wasteland)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Still no shirt here :smith:

Game looks good though

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
Wasteland 2 will include Wasteland 1.

EA seems to be really cool about all this. I guess the combination of Brian Fargo still having friends there and Wasteland 2 being available on Origin is letting them pull some strings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Well, this just made my day. :)

I do think it's neat that EA is being so cool with them. It just seems so out of character for them.

• Locked thread