Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bleep posted:

I'm curious how you will feel about this after you have been forced to watch them 50 times.

The same I feel about any super made in the past 5 years: oh well.

https://twitter.com/KayinNasaki/status/223290753475022848

Also here's a playable version of Dive Kick that doesn't cost 30,000 dollars to publish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Here are some cool supers from a Shonen Jump licensed Smash clone. It's triply topical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIIMIjke_Io

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

So cool. Next please give us VSAV

Only if its Vampire Chronicles. That game don't get enough lovin'.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Only if its Vampire Chronicles. That game don't get enough lovin'.

The Playstation version with all the characters is already on PSN

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It looks nice as hell but just like SFxT before this the more I see of Injustice the less stoked I am for it.

There's basically no reason given other than fanboyism for anyone to seriously play acrobatic characters like Nightwing when you can counterpick with power characters and just destroy background objects to prevent them from being used as springboards.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

quakster posted:

Here are some cool supers from a Shonen Jump licensed Smash clone. It's triply topical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIIMIjke_Io
This is... a PS2 game? :stare:

e: Also if you want a good One Piece fighter get Gigant Battle, it's basically Jump: Ultimate Stars with the OP cast.

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 12, 2012

South Town guy
Jun 6, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Two more Injustice characters revealed at Comic-Con: Nightwing and Cyborg!

Am I the only one who though of the (post-)"Death of Superman" Cyborg when that character name was mentioned? I was expecting them to go with hero+villain pairing for reveals, so seeing the Teen Titans Cyborg was a bit surprising. And for all i know about their abilities, they might not even have to play that differently, really, although the villain Cyborg might blur those lines between boon's concepts of power and technical characters, or whatever he's calling them.

AndyElusive posted:

There's basically no reason given other than fanboyism for anyone to seriously play acrobatic characters like Nightwing when you can counterpick with power characters and just destroy background objects to prevent them from being used as springboards.

The batcave stage, I think, left some cables that could damage characters lauched into them if the thingy that was hanging from them was removed/destroyed - that looked satisfying to connect with, but probably doesn't compensate for those long stage transitions or supers (seeing the hit counter go up as a character got punched through several floors did, again, feel kinda satisfying to connect with). It feels like a game made to look good in trailers, not to stand up to repeated play, although at least there are some interesting options taken in its design.

One thing that felt ill-thought-out was having a button in the Batcave corner to activate the Batmobile firing a missile at the opponent - like someone's is really going to corner you and give you time to use the thing...

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

redmercer posted:

The Playstation version with all the characters is already on PSN

PS1 ports were bad and don't have netplay.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Ashenai posted:

Yeah, except I already played Final Fantasy 7, ten years ago.

You played Final Fantasy 7 in 2002?

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

You played Final Fantasy 7 in 2002?

As it turns out, you can play games after they're released.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
I'm in the room for the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary panel at SD Comic Con. Will be up near the screen if anyone else is here/coming here. If anything interesting gets announced I'll edit it in

Edit: \/ Mike's over at the IGN/Samsung bar outside of the convention. If I head that way I'll ask him what's up with that Honda challenge

Edit: Documentary being put out for anniversary. PS3 Anniversary collection will get Alpha 1-3 as DLC

Balance patch (+costumes) for SFxT on July 31. Old news? I don't pay attention to SFxT announcements

Ono dressed as Blanka. Drops more hints about new Darkstalkers on the way

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 12, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

iPodschun posted:

I'm in the room for the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary panel at SD Comic Con. Will be up near the screen if anyone else is here/coming here. If anything interesting gets announced I'll edit it in

Find Mike Ross and ask him why he's duckin me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cat Machine posted:

This is... a PS2 game? :stare:

PSone.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Kayin (the guy who created IWBTG) wrote an article about the Divekick Kickstarter. I found it really interesting.

http://kayin.pyoko.org/?p=1917

Final sentence of the article, to whet your appetite:

Kayin posted:

Speaking of which, Instead of hating on Keits, could we all just hate on Marn instead?

fix yr hearts fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 13, 2012

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006
Do any norcal goons go to mgl, my friend convinced me to come out for once so Im gonna be scrubbing it up in casuals.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Street Fighter movie is on.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

whip posted:

Street Fighter movie is on.

What? Street Fighter: The Movie is on tv? They're streaming SF:TM:TG somewhere?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Based on what I'm reading, they announced a live-action SF series based on a fan movie, or something? I guess they'll be webisodes, in the vein of that MK thing.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
What's the point of live action Street Fighter anything when Raul Julia is dead? :(

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Ryaomon posted:

What's the point of live action Street Fighter anything when Raul Julia is dead? :(

Hologram Raul Julia.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

The Sheriff Jake posted:

Do any norcal goons go to mgl, my friend convinced me to come out for once so Im gonna be scrubbing it up in casuals.

I used to go a lot but I stopped like last November due to them not getting AE2012 patch and have since stopped playing AE anyway. I was going to go tonight to play KOF but got lazy.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

iPodschun posted:

Edit: \/ Mike's over at the IGN/Samsung bar outside of the convention. If I head that way I'll ask him what's up with that Honda challenge

Edit: Documentary being put out for anniversary. PS3 Anniversary collection will get Alpha 1-3 as DLC

Balance patch (+costumes) for SFxT on July 31. Old news? I don't pay attention to SFxT announcements

Ono dressed as Blanka. Drops more hints about new Darkstalkers on the way
Street Fighter ASSASSIN'S FIST

e: What's this Honda challenge? I didn't hear about that.

e2: During the SF25 panel literally every mention of a console was either PS3 or Vita. Sorry Xbox-ers, Capcom still doesn't care about you.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 13, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any experience hooking up a PS3 TE to a PC? I used mine to play Melty on my old laptop, and it worked perfectly, plug in and go. I just got a new one, and it isn't going well at all. It detects it as being a HID, and says it's properly installed, but hitting buttons and moving the stick in calibration doesn't register at all. I know there's a historical problem with nVidia chipsets, but seeing as this is running on Intel, that shouldn't be the problem. I'm pretty much out of ideas on what to try now.

I gave SRK a look, but it's a mess of conflicting opinions and theories, with nothing really applying to my issue. Thought I might as well throw this out here to see if you guys can give me some ideas. If nothing works, thanks anyways.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 13, 2012

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

S-Alpha posted:

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any experience hooking up a PS3 TE to a PC? I used mine to play Melty on my old laptop, and it worked perfectly, plug in and go. I just got a new one, and it isn't going well at all. It detects it as being a HID, and says it's properly installed, but hitting buttons and moving the stick in calibration doesn't register at all. I know there's a historical problem with nVidia chipsets, but seeing as this is running on Intel, that shouldn't be the problem. I'm pretty much out of ideas on what to try now.

I gave SRK a look, but it's a mess of conflicting opinions and theories, with nothing really applying to my issue. Thought I might as well throw this out here to see if you guys can give me some ideas. If nothing works, thanks anyways.

The main issue is just how far back is the USB backwards compatible, only certain chipsets are:

quote:

For PC use, you need a USB port that is fully downward compatible with USB 1.1. Only Intel and VIA chipsets are certain to meet this requirement.

Other Thoughts:Regarding the PC USB issue, you have two choices. If your motherboard's USB is powered by an Intel or VIA chipset - my ASRock X58 Extreme uses the VIA USB chip - then this joystick works out of the box. Just plug and play.

Otherwise, you must purchase and install a USB 2.0 PCI card with "VIA" clearly printed somewhere on top of the card. There are a few such USB PCI cards available on this and other sites. The Dynex brand USB PCI card available at Best Buy also works; you can see the VIA chip through the transparent packaging.

Of course, with a 360 TE it's not an issue as Microsoft automatically installs drivers for their Microsoft product. :downs:

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, that's what I had to do with my TE (I have a lovely nVidia chipset). Not being able to use your stick out of the box sucks but at least those USB cards only cost 10-15 bucks and are pretty easy to install so it's not a huge setback.

Rascar
May 3, 2005
DICK
After hearing about the re-release of Jojo's I decided to give the game a try on ggpo yesterday and got hooked immediately. This game owns! Does anyone know where I can download cheats or something to make my own ghetto training mode? I'd like to be able to learn some combos.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Rascar posted:

After hearing about the re-release of Jojo's I decided to give the game a try on ggpo yesterday and got hooked immediately. This game owns! Does anyone know where I can download cheats or something to make my own ghetto training mode? I'd like to be able to learn some combos.

This should be what you want.

Rascar
May 3, 2005
DICK
That's exactly what I wanted. Thanks dude. It seems there aren't a whole lot of people still playing this on GGPO. :(

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
There's a "Titans of Fighting Games" panel today with Ono and some other guys and it's being moderated by MarkMan. I may try to go depending on what other antics I get myself into.

The Rokstar posted:

Street Fighter ASSASSIN'S FIST

e: What's this Honda challenge? I didn't hear about that.
Bebop called in to a WNF pre-show and challenged Mike

South Town guy
Jun 6, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Based on what I'm reading, they announced a live-action SF series based on a fan movie, or something? I guess they'll be webisodes, in the vein of that MK thing.

What puzzles me here is the apparent focus on Ryu and Ken's training days, which don't seem like a very eventful period outside of Gouki killing Goutetsu and Gouken - Udon's probably covering that and maybe Gouki's youth in their upcoming Gouki-centric Legends comic, but they have the tendency to bring in more characters to their stories, so guys like Gen and maybe Oro seem like likely inclusions to mix things up.
What can these live-action guys add?...

I'm especially interested to see how they handle Ken's parents sending off their kid (only heir, as far as I know) to be trained by a hermit in the middle of nowhere...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

South Town guy posted:

I'm especially interested to see how they handle Ken's parents sending off their kid (only heir, as far as I know) to be trained by a hermit in the middle of nowhere...

Ken's Mother: Are we bad parents for sending our only son to a foreign country to train with a creepy old hermit to be fighting warrior?

Ken's Father: No dear, we're terrible parents.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Street Fighter 4 AE has gone to 75% off for the next 8 hours in the steam sale.

£6.24 for us in the UK.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45760/

It's finished now.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 13, 2012

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Rascar posted:

That's exactly what I wanted. Thanks dude. It seems there aren't a whole lot of people still playing this on GGPO. :(

I'm pretty much brand new to JOJO and I'll run some scrub games if you want on IRC or aim.

I'll sit in goons garden as "regen"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

apple posted:

The main issue is just how far back is the USB backwards compatible, only certain chipsets are:

Of course, with a 360 TE it's not an issue as Microsoft automatically installs drivers for their Microsoft product. :downs:

Okay, then if Intel chipsets are guaranteed to be compatible with with 1.1, I guess that explains why it can read it (all the ports on this laptop are USB3), but then I'm still stuck with the problem of the inputs/buttons not being read. Is there a workaround for that, or do I just need a 360 stick? (This laptop doesn't have a card reader, which kind of sucks.)

Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

You can buy a ~$20 PCI USB card that is 1.1 compatible (i know best buy's wierd in-store brand has one that works, it's what i use), that's how I use my SE for playing GGPO and AE.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
A local video store of mine is selling a bundle of Soulcalibur V, Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken Hybrid for $50. I've not much interest in Tekken Tag Tournament but have liked Soulcalibur in the past and SFxT intrigues me. Is this a worthwhile grab?

cka
May 3, 2004

S-Alpha posted:

Okay, then if Intel chipsets are guaranteed to be compatible with with 1.1, I guess that explains why it can read it (all the ports on this laptop are USB3), but then I'm still stuck with the problem of the inputs/buttons not being read. Is there a workaround for that, or do I just need a 360 stick? (This laptop doesn't have a card reader, which kind of sucks.)

If you have software to manage the USB3 ports, use it to disable the USB3 specific power management features and it might work. That's how I run my PS3 TE on my AMD based PC (which has two USB3 ports powered by a NEC chipset.) Failing that, either get a XBOX version of the arcade stick or buy a replacement PCB that you can swap in to go multi-platform.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Kaleidoscope posted:

A local video store of mine is selling a bundle of Soulcalibur V, Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken Hybrid for $50. I've not much interest in Tekken Tag Tournament but have liked Soulcalibur in the past and SFxT intrigues me. Is this a worthwhile grab?

Honestly I'd just buy SC5, you can probably find it for $20 or so if you hunt. SFxT is a pretty boring game that has largely been abandoned by most fighting game fans, and if you actually want Tekken you'd be better off waiting for the full release of TTT2 later this year.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

cka posted:

If you have software to manage the USB3 ports, use it to disable the USB3 specific power management features and it might work. That's how I run my PS3 TE on my AMD based PC (which has two USB3 ports powered by a NEC chipset.) Failing that, either get a XBOX version of the arcade stick or buy a replacement PCB that you can swap in to go multi-platform.

What sort of software would that be? I've never heard of such a thing. That sounds like just the thing for a last-ditch effort. Nevermind, I found it, and it doesn't work. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Either way, sometime in the next month or two, I'll be getting a PS360+, and from what I hear, that'll make it more than compatible.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Mega Comrade posted:

Street Fighter 4 AE has gone to 75% off for the next 8 hours in the steam sale.

£6.24 for us in the UK.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45760/

It's finished now.
The Steam sale for it is over but apparently Amazon price matched it and it's still $10 there as of this post: http://www.amazon.com/Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Download/dp/B0058KRA0K/

It's either not Steam compatible or I'm just entering the code wrong though.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 14, 2012

• Locked thread