Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Okay the sub-boss before the barbed whip has some of the worst cases of lovely hit-detection I have ever seen. Jesus, Nigoro how could you gently caress up something so simple? The other bosses don't really bother me but this one is just sad. He's not even that hard it's just you need to be eating his face to land an attack and even then God only knows if it will connect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

goldjas posted:

Can anyone go over exactly how to get the double jump (well, the serpent staff namely I guess) this time around? I distinctly remember having the double jump (and I think the knife which I also seem to be missing, but I'm not sure if that things location changed or if i just forgot how to get it) when fighting Bahamut before but now i'm missing both.

The knife is in the temple of the sun, below and one screen right of the grail point I think, you need to throw a shuriken through a narrow gap to get the button. The knife, is like the first weapon I grab.

The Staff is now where the scripture used to be in the Temple of the Moon. From the Sun entrance, go up than right, and then down a couple screens. You will need the book of the dead from the sleepy girl, whatever her name is in order to beat Anubis. Not sure what triggers her remembering she has the book of the dead, you might need to get hit by one of the little Anubises or you might need to attack the boss once, not sure.

Underwhelmed fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 15, 2012

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Bad Bromance posted:

Are there any other requirements? I can't damage any of the ceiling blocks

[Isis Pendant Solution] I just did this. The ceiling block you have to hit is flush with the upper right platform's level bit. Jump and hit it with your whip several times. Worked for me, any way.

edit: oops, old window, don't mind me.

vvvv I actually installed a trial version of Parallels because my disc drive is broken and I can't install Boot Camp without one. Surprisingly, it works like a charm! It sits around 40fps on my 2008 MacBook Pro.

I just don't know if 14 days will be enough for me to get through this :ohdear:

f#a# fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 15, 2012

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mr. Stay-Puft posted:

Has anyone been able to get this running on Wine? It starts perfectly but ignores keyboard input, which means I can get to the title screen but no further. (Maybe it's ignoring the keyboard in favor of a nonexistent Xbox controller which it thinks is there? Is there a command-line switch for the game that disables Xbox controller support?)

No but it runs great on my 2009 MacBook under bootcamp, if that option is available to you-- I was initially worried when I heard people talking about comparability problems but I get a perfect frame rate and no graphics issues so far

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Red Mundus posted:

Okay the sub-boss before the barbed whip has some of the worst cases of lovely hit-detection I have ever seen. Jesus, Nigoro how could you gently caress up something so simple? The other bosses don't really bother me but this one is just sad. He's not even that hard it's just you need to be eating his face to land an attack and even then God only knows if it will connect.

His head hitbox is decently large, but his arm blocks attacks. If you think this boss is bad you're going to be fuming at another one that has even better head protection. Still haven't puzzled out how to kill that one without spamming shurikens.

Since someone else was having trouble with this boss, when the rocks fall, you have to stay off the center platform until the rock on that platform is gone, otherwise you can't sit on it without risking him just bodyslamming you to get to it. All the other rocks are generally out of the way so you can idle there then skirt to the edge when he comes back. Then just jump, whip, scoot back, and jump again to avoid the rock he throws. If you don't mind using shurikens, you can throw them at him safely until that center rock is gone. Axe helps a ton too since you generally only get one strike per rock, but I did just fine with a whip.

Also general tip for everyone playing: if you aren't talking to Mulbruk constantly, start. She gives a ton of useful hints (or solutions, actually) and it pays to check in every now and then.

Mr. Stay-Puft
Jul 5, 2007
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something that could never destroy us.

goferchan posted:

No but it runs great on my 2009 MacBook under bootcamp, if that option is available to you-- I was initially worried when I heard people talking about comparability problems but I get a perfect frame rate and no graphics issues so far

Same here. Just seeing if there was a way to avoid constantly switching back and forth.

Strengthexpert
Jul 21, 2008

dogs do help people
Just beat the Gate of Guidance boss, where should I head next: Mausoleum, Temple of The Sun, or that water level that i'm just realizing I forgot to scan?

Also, does anyone know how to open that one chest with the spike trap on the opposite side of the top of the elevator in Gate of Guidance? If I can't do it until later then just leave it at that but if I do have access to it now, feel free to lend a hand because i'm stumped :)

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Control Volume posted:

His head hitbox is decently large, but his arm blocks attacks. If you think this boss is bad you're going to be fuming at another one that has even better head protection. Still haven't puzzled out how to kill that one without spamming shurikens.

Since someone else was having trouble with this boss, when the rocks fall, you have to stay off the center platform until the rock on that platform is gone, otherwise you can't sit on it without risking him just bodyslamming you to get to it. All the other rocks are generally out of the way so you can idle there then skirt to the edge when he comes back. Then just jump, whip, scoot back, and jump again to avoid the rock he throws. If you don't mind using shurikens, you can throw them at him safely until that center rock is gone. Axe helps a ton too since you generally only get one strike per rock, but I did just fine with a whip.

Also general tip for everyone playing: if you aren't talking to Mulbruk constantly, start. She gives a ton of useful hints (or solutions, actually) and it pays to check in every now and then.

Oh, I found the boss rather easy. (it was the room after that gave me the most trouble. Apparently I suck at elevators. :downs:)

It's just so many times I find myself slogging through bosses using brute force because trying to find the bosses pattern and land a hit is so random. I find it easier to just stand and start wailing. It's kind of disappointing because I can see some bosses have decent thought put into them but I always find it easier to just go full-force and attack. I'm actually finding most bosses rather easy ever since I started doing that. The Temple of the Sun boss went down literally in seconds once I stopped trying to dodge and just started wailing. Same with the barbed whip sub-boss.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Control Volume posted:

Are you talking about Shu? If you are, I found an easy way to cheese him. Just whip at his legs a few times, and he'll drop his shield. Then jump and hit him in the face, and repeat.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

RaspberryCommie posted:

Are you talking about Shu? If you are, I found an easy way to cheese him. Just whip at his legs a few times, and he'll drop his shield. Then jump and hit him in the face, and repeat.

I don't think that is cheese, I think that is the way you are supposed to do it. i couldn't find any other combo that scored hits and didn't involve getting pounded at the same time.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RaspberryCommie posted:

I hadn't had a chance to try this but it's good to know that I need to hit it more than just twice.

slayn
Jul 12, 2006

Strengthexpert posted:

Just beat the Gate of Guidance boss, where should I head next: Mausoleum, Temple of The Sun, or that water level that i'm just realizing I forgot to scan?

Also, does anyone know how to open that one chest with the spike trap on the opposite side of the top of the elevator in Gate of Guidance? If I can't do it until later then just leave it at that but if I do have access to it now, feel free to lend a hand because i'm stumped :)

First part, I don't think there is a specific required progression. So... a little of each?

Second part, later.

slayn
Jul 12, 2006
Does someone have the hints for the endless corridor handy? I feel like I've seen them but don't have them written down and would rather not revisit every tablet.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Underwhelmed posted:

Oh no he is, but you need the twin statue. What he blocks access to is the switch that actually opens the Katana's vault. Assuming that it is as it was in the original. I killed him before I had the twin statue and haven't been back there yet.

I came back later, with the twin statue, and as far as I can remember I never really had to run through his room to get the katana.

Also someone mentioned the puzzle for flooding the Tower of the Goddess being a whole lot trickier this time around. I found the tablet that "explains" it and activated the puzzle with a weight pedastal (I assume) but I still have no clue where I'm even supposed to be since it seems there's a second part to it now. So who is Anunnaki then? I don't remember running into the name.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Is there a way to permanently light the chamber of extinction? Something about the room of birth?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Adhesive Gamin posted:

I came back later, with the twin statue, and as far as I can remember I never really had to run through his room to get the katana.

Also someone mentioned the puzzle for flooding the Tower of the Goddess being a whole lot trickier this time around. I found the tablet that "explains" it and activated the puzzle with a weight pedastal (I assume) but I still have no clue where I'm even supposed to be since it seems there's a second part to it now. So who is Anunnaki then? I don't remember running into the name.

It's in the Spring

One of the few parts I needed a guide for since trying to google Anunnaki got me a huge amount of weird space reptile conspiracies and there are no space reptiles that I've encountered so far. At least I could visually identify the other gods this game apes.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe
I've killed the first four bosses and now I'm completely lost, I think I need the twin statue but I have no idea where to get it. I have just been item collecting. Any hints?

edit: nevermind forgot a teleporter in the illusion gate, i like the new six pedestals puzzle.

Antinumeric fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 16, 2012

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Antinumeric posted:

I've killed the first four bosses and now I'm completely lost, I think I need the twin statue but I have no idea where to get it. I have just been item collecting. Any hints?

Now that you've killed the first four you'll be able to fight the fifth. Beating Bahamut opens a door, but not in the Spring in the Sky.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

So, I've gone to a few places where I'm pretty sure life jewels are supposed to be, but I haven't found anything. Is there something I need to do to make them appear, or do they get put somewhere I'm not aware of?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ruggan posted:

So, I've gone to a few places where I'm pretty sure life jewels are supposed to be, but I haven't found anything. Is there something I need to do to make them appear, or do they get put somewhere I'm not aware of?

Usually there is a puzzle associated with each, typically a weight placement is required. Some of the pedestals are less than obvious though. So far, none of the life jewels I have found (8) have been moved out of the rooms they were located in the original, but a couple have had how you reveal them changed.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Mausoleum of Giants boss how do I get to him? I don't remember needing double jump in the original, but I have no idea how to get to his arm and use the ankh

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Carver posted:

Mausoleum of Giants boss how do I get to him? I don't remember needing double jump in the original, but I have no idea how to get to his arm and use the ankh

The kneeling guy can be climbed on, like his leg and shoulders for example. There is a kneeling guy right? Or did you not flip the sun dial thingy.

pumpinglemma posted:

Is it just me, or is there no map for the Mausoleum of Giants? If there is one I've reached the boss without finding it... (Or is it just in a chest I haven't figured out how to open?)

It is there, it's just really easy to miss since it is in the first portion between the grail point and the entry from the guidance gate You put a weight on a pedestal under what looks like a spike trap about two screens left of the "don't read this twice" tablet. The chest opens in the room beneath the switch

Underwhelmed fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 16, 2012

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe
Do it with the feather, its way way easier during the actual fight that way. So is anyone else finding the axe the only weapon to use? It just does so much damage in such a large area.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Is it just me, or is there no map for the Mausoleum of Giants? If there is one I've reached the boss without finding it... (Or is it just in a chest I haven't figured out how to open?)

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Antinumeric posted:

So is anyone else finding the axe the only weapon to use? It just does so much damage in such a large area.

Pretty much, yeah. I actually prefer it over the barbed whip. The axe has such a large range you can even kill things beneath your position sometimes.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Underwhelmed posted:

The kneeling guy can be climbed on, like his leg and shoulders for example. There is a kneeling guy right? Or did you not flip the sun dial thingy.

ahhh thank you, I knew I was forgetting something. Yeah I don't have him kneeling yet.

pumpinglemma posted:

god I've got a bad memory so maybe somebody else can pick this up, or maybe you just want a small hint, but there's a weight pedestal where if you use it, spikes just fall on you. That's connected to a certain chest you haven't opened yet and you have to "flip" it somehow so the weight works. I think.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Carver posted:

ahhh thank you, I knew I was forgetting something. Yeah I don't have him kneeling yet.

god I've got a bad memory so maybe somebody else can pick this up, or maybe you just want a small hint, but there's a weight pedestal where if you use it, spikes just fall on you. That's connected to a certain chest you haven't opened yet and you have to "flip" it somehow so the weight works. I think.

Oh, I thought that was just a deathtrap - I'll play around with it some more. Thanks!

Nalk
Jul 13, 2009

I heard about you!
Has anyone had any luck implementing the original music yet?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Where do you get the axe? I want to be able to kill some of the later bosses fast.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Zeether posted:

Where do you get the axe? I want to be able to kill some of the later bosses fast.

Moon Temple, right above the door entry from temple of the sun. Smack the top of the wall in the room above the 3 faces on the left side. Bring climbing claws.....

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe
In the temple of moonlight, come out of the area where attacking hurts you, to the room with all of the chests in it, drop down one screen and attack the wall to your left, then get all indiana jones on the next screen

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Zeether posted:

Axe is in the Temple of Moonlight. There's a breakthrough wall that doesn't appear on the map in the room above the room with the three women's faces and the multiple lift platforms.

Confusion gate troubles: In the original, I remember an invisible ladder I needed to climb at the tablet talking about the fools, but it seems to be gone or moved in this version. Any hint as to what I need to do at this point to continue?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Control Volume posted:

It's in the Spring

One of the few parts I needed a guide for since trying to google Anunnaki got me a huge amount of weird space reptile conspiracies and there are no space reptiles that I've encountered so far. At least I could visually identify the other gods this game apes.

I've found his room, no idea what to do there though :/

I made a (rough) map of the second floor of Infinite Corridor, with more obvious numbers instead of the Mulana script. http://i.imgur.com/7eMe3.png

And one of how to solve the puzzle, too. It's changed from the original, though its more obvious now I guess. http://i.imgur.com/vFogL.png

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
oh god why is there a mini-boss where the chain whip used to be.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

And never mind I just figured out the confusion gate puzzle that had me stumped. Onwards!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

So, I've hit an interesting bug with the Spring's grail tablet thing.

It's supposed to be in a pool. Except in my game, the waterfall hits the block directly below it and flows to either side, rather than filling the grail tub.

Doesn't really change anything but it's quite odd.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

goldjas posted:

oh god why is there a mini-boss where the chain whip used to be.

I'm pretty sure there was always a mini-boss there, just that the new one is tougher.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Argas posted:

So, I've hit an interesting bug with the Spring's grail tablet thing.

It's supposed to be in a pool. Except in my game, the waterfall hits the block directly below it and flows to either side, rather than filling the grail tub.

Doesn't really change anything but it's quite odd.

When they first released the remake on Wiiware in Japan it was in a pool. An update they put out later removed the water, I guess to make it easier.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Apparently I'm a fool in the confusion gate despite figuring out the last problem. Now I'm stuck where there appears to be a way through a wall but a warp is positioned there stopping me from continuing. I made a ladder come down using a weight but that just allows me to get back to the area I was previously. My knowledge of the original makes me remember that I'm supposed to be trying to get to the six pedestal puzzle but this warp is blocking all attempts to get to it. Am i just completely missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash Daisaku
Jul 12, 2008

Last Bet $15 on Player 1
Odds 807.1:1 ($1)
I'm stuck in a very strange spot I think.

I've collect the Ankh for the Spring in the Sky, but I can't seem to get the thing that I need to use it on to appear, despite starting the gear outside of the room and flooding the area. I've picked up the Grapple Claw, Flare Gun, and Axe while searching around for somewhere to go, but I'm at a loss. I feel like I should be able to get over to the other side of the Moonlight Temple but I think I need another seal to progress (which I can't find anywhere). What's the hold-up with the Spring in the Sky boss?

• Locked thread