Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

FPzero posted:

Apparently I'm a fool in the confusion gate despite figuring out the last problem. Now I'm stuck where there appears to be a way through a wall but a warp is positioned there stopping me from continuing. I made a ladder come down using a weight but that just allows me to get back to the area I was previously. My knowledge of the original makes me remember that I'm supposed to be trying to get to the six pedestal puzzle but this warp is blocking all attempts to get to it. Am i just completely missing something?

I don't think the game gives you any hints about it other than a hard-to-see visual cue so hey, here's what you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Thanks for that. I'm sure there was a tablet somewhere telling me to do that but dang, I would never have tried that.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Adhesive Gamin posted:

I've found his room, no idea what to do there though :/

I made a (rough) map of the second floor of Infinite Corridor, with more obvious numbers instead of the Mulana script. http://i.imgur.com/7eMe3.png

And one of how to solve the puzzle, too. It's changed from the original, though its more obvious now I guess. http://i.imgur.com/vFogL.png

There's nothing that you need to do or get from outside the room.

I can throw a direct solution at you if you want but I feel that kind of ruins the puzzle.

I also kind of wish there was a guide that went with a straight up hint route rather than directly telling people the solution.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Smash Daisaku posted:

I'm stuck in a very strange spot I think.

I've collect the Ankh for the Spring in the Sky, but I can't seem to get the thing that I need to use it on to appear, despite starting the gear outside of the room and flooding the area. I've picked up the Grapple Claw, Flare Gun, and Axe while searching around for somewhere to go, but I'm at a loss. I feel like I should be able to get over to the other side of the Moonlight Temple but I think I need another seal to progress (which I can't find anywhere). What's the hold-up with the Spring in the Sky boss?

Remember the fish you beat up for the ankh? Below him is a small room underwater with a pedestal, it is a trap before you turn the water back on, but now it will open up the ankh

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Has anyone done much in the chamber of birth
It seems to be my only option to do anything but I'm completely stuck. There are zero paths forward and just about everything in there is "sacred" so no smashing. Here's what I've solved in it so far Serpant staff on a pedestal. I also have the womans statue and put it in a slot in the background. I've no idea how to proceed next this area has gotten the biggest revamp yet.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Control Volume posted:

There's nothing that you need to do or get from outside the room.

I can throw a direct solution at you if you want but I feel that kind of ruins the puzzle.

I also kind of wish there was a guide that went with a straight up hint route rather than directly telling people the solution.

Naw I just managed to stumble into it but thanks.

FPzero posted:

Thanks for that. I'm sure there was a tablet somewhere telling me to do that but dang, I would never have tried that.

I think the tablet that mentions searching 'on bended knee for a lost item' is supposed to be the clue for it but its really dumb and unintuitive because 'down' never has made you duck or kneel and if there were any item in the jar that you'd presumably be searching for it would show up on screen. The clue kind of goes against what the game has already taught you.

But that's still somewhat reasonable, in retrospect. The invisible ladder/scannable text right before it is just out of nowhere and the tablet pretty much only makes it worse (ha ha look at this fool who doesn't know that there's an invisible ladder!) basically gently caress confusion gate argh

Smash Daisaku
Jul 12, 2008

Last Bet $15 on Player 1
Odds 807.1:1 ($1)

Underwhelmed posted:

Remember the fish you beat up for the ankh? Below him is a small room underwater with a pedestal, it is a trap before you turn the water back on, but now it will open up the ankh

That did it. Would you believe that I skipped it the first time I passed by because I thought it was a trap? :doh:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Smash Daisaku posted:

That did it. Would you believe that I skipped it the first time I passed by because I thought it was a trap? :doh:

Really, when playing this game, you just have to bite the bullet and try everything even if it's an obvious trap (unless of course they TELL you it's an obvious trap, which they do more than once...) If you die then oh well!

slayn
Jul 12, 2006
In the mid/late game, what allows warping to the back area? And how do I get it? Now that almost everything for me to do is in the 2nd set of areas walking everywhere is getting really bothersome.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

slayn posted:

In the mid/late game, what allows warping to the back area? And how do I get it? Now that almost everything for me to do is in the 2nd set of areas walking everywhere is getting really bothersome.

You need mirai.exe which you get from Graveyard of the Giants.

It's not made very obvious that's what you need, except for the email that tells you that a piece of software does it.

slayn
Jul 12, 2006

Super Jay Mann posted:

It's not made very obvious that's what you need, except for the email that tells you that a piece of software does it.

...I got that so long ago and never used it :(

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Super Jay Mann posted:

This was actually my next question. There's an obvious out of place block up by the pedestal stuck in the ice block. What do I hit it with? Everything seems to go right through it.

Edit:
Never mind. How fantastically unintuitive.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

REALLY BIG spoiler pertaining to missable items (probably shouldn't read unless you've missed an item permanently and are kicking yourself for it):

If you can find the Gate of Time (instructions in separate spoiler below), there is a fairy hidden behind a wall in the Guidance Gate portion that will RESTORE A MISSED ITEM once you have beaten Tiamat. Walk through the right wall on the middle level after entering to change screens, and then push up repeatedly as you move to enter her door.

Instructions for above (don't read unless you read first spoiler and want to know how to get there):

In the Chamber of Extinction, three screens right of the grail point, if you can summon a Key Fairy from the sparkles, go back to the left two screens and move past the light in the middle of the hall. She will unlock a secret door leading to the Gate of Time.

So yeah, that's a big find but super spoilers so read at your own volition.

Karsh
Dec 22, 2004

this is my destiny
Plaster Town Cop
In the (late-ish game spoilers) Tower of the Goddess area, what do you need to do for the statues carrying a katana and a shield (the ones blocking the area transitions at the top right)? I have the katana and the iron shield but I haven't figured out how to trigger anything.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Another boss down! This time it's Palenque

Dude is a LOT more fair than in the original (assuming you didn't just flare the original to oblivion like I'm sure all of us did). He'll still kick your rear end if you're not paying attention, but all of his attacks are slightly less dangerous and he's been slowed down to the point where you can actually anticipate and react to his poo poo. This is definitely one boss I'm glad to see they DIDN'T make harder. You still do need a zillion shurikens though.

I do anticipate people will die to him at least once for reasons...

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 16, 2012

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Ledgem posted:

Has anyone done much in the chamber of birth
It seems to be my only option to do anything but I'm completely stuck. There are zero paths forward and just about everything in there is "sacred" so no smashing. Here's what I've solved in it so far Serpant staff on a pedestal. I also have the womans statue and put it in a slot in the background. I've no idea how to proceed next this area has gotten the biggest revamp yet.

chamber of birth: Put maternity statue to the left of the endless fall, dragon skull to the right. I don't suppose you know how to open the first chest you run into?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Klaus Kinski posted:

chamber of birth: Put maternity statue to the left of the endless fall, dragon skull to the right. I don't suppose you know how to open the first chest you run into?

You also need to use the endless key on the infinity symbol in that same room.

Chamber of Birth seems to be an exercise in paying attention to the background and using the items in your inventory to advance. Also lots of warps.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I just had a funny glitch happen to me in the Gate of Illusions. As I was watching the maidens spawn from their spawn point and fall down the shaft, I saw one who spawned as a bugged out bird from the surface. Its sprite was trying to fit the maiden size and was completely messed up, and it fell down the shaft, a completely bugged out bird. Was very weird.

Is there really no way through the Monument of Extinction than to accept the gimmick of the zone? I think there's a Life Crystal in there that I missed, but I really am annoyed by the darkness and having to carry a bunch of flares. I just want to turn the lights on. :(

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
I'm very pissed right now. I managed to beat Ellmac and then I ended up in the Twins ... whatever it's called. So basically, I'm hosed without getting the statue right? Because right now, I'm at the end of my rope. I got the origins and birth marks, the knife, pretty much have everything for Spring in the Sky done except for the boss.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

More Confusion Gate: Could someone just detailed spoil how I get to the six pedestals and/or how I get to the upper area where the grail stone is? That ladder leading there hasn't appeared yet and I think it's connected to those pedestals. I can't get to the pedestals because there's a blue light barrier in the way past the mini-doll room. I have the doll and I used it in the mausoleum already.

I've pretty much exhausted all the other possible places I can go by now. Continuing up and through this area is the only direction I have left as far as I can tell.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I am completely stuck in the Confusion Gate. I got the pepper, got the anchor, and got (and used) the mini doll. Now I'm trying to make my way to the six pedestals to solve that puzzle. However, I can't find any way into that area.

I'm pretty sure this is where you're supposed to enter the six pedestal area from. Am I even close, or what?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

RadicalR posted:

I'm very pissed right now. I managed to beat Ellmac and then I ended up in the Twins ... whatever it's called. So basically, I'm hosed without getting the statue right? Because right now, I'm at the end of my rope. I got the origins and birth marks, the knife, pretty much have everything for Spring in the Sky done except for the boss.

If you've beaten Elmac then you should start going to the rear areas.

If you can't, you need the Bronze Mirror, which you get in Temple of the Sun.

Bigger spoilerYou need to go to Chamber of Extinction and hit the circle mirror looking block in the first room, which will open the way to the Bronze Mirror right next to that entrance.

When you get that done, entrances to the rear fields should appear at certain spots.

FPzero posted:

More Confusion Gate: Could someone just detailed spoil how I get to the six pedestals and/or how I get to the upper area where the grail stone is? That ladder leading there hasn't appeared yet and I think it's connected to those pedestals. I can't get to the pedestals because there's a blue light barrier in the way past the mini-doll room. I have the doll and I used it in the mausoleum already.

I've pretty much exhausted all the other possible places I can go by now. Continuing up and through this area is the only direction I have left as far as I can tell.

Use a weight on the skeleton where the blue light barrier is.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
I don't actually have the dragon's skull yet. I actually remembered I needed to get that from a shop in the twin labrinth but in this game his shop doesn't seem to exist rather than appear after buying a fake item. Also theres no infinity symbol in the room for me, I suppose that shows up after I solve the puzzle with the dragon skull?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ledgem posted:

I don't actually have the dragon's skull yet. I actually remembered I needed to get that from a shop in the twin labrinth but in this game his shop doesn't seem to exist rather than appear after buying a fake item. Also theres no infinity symbol in the room for me, I suppose that shows up after I solve the puzzle with the dragon skull?

I'm actually not sure how I triggered that shop exactly. You need to do SOMETHING in the Twin Labyrinth but outside of that the shop just sort of appeared for me after a while

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Super Jay Mann posted:

Use a weight on the skeleton where the blue light barrier is.

Oh gently caress I remember that trick from the original now.

LA-MULANA!!! :argh:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
But how do you even get to the skeleton you put the weight on in the first place? I feel as though I'm missing something completely obvious. :ohdear:

edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot that couldn't see a plainly visible warp.

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 16, 2012

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Ledgem posted:

Buy some weights in Younger Brother's shop, walk out and back in, repeat until he tells you that he's revealed the other shop.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Yeah, well, I can't get into the Chamber of Extinction. I can't jump up there and I can't seem to position myself from the top (the falling in this game is RETARDED. Walk off a ledge and you fall straight down? REALLY?) And yes, I did solve the puzzle.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm actually not sure how I triggered that shop exactly. You need to do SOMETHING in the Twin Labyrinth but outside of that the shop just sort of appeared for me after a while

Well I got it. It randomly opened for me too I haven't a clue how it worked. I've now opened a treasure chest I didn't know existed but its behind I wall I can't break so I'm still stuck in the chamber of birth. I've used every item I have everywhere and died a dozen times to lighting in this place. Theres also only a single teleporter in the entire area for me at the moment which is bizare.

slayn
Jul 12, 2006
In the tower of the goddess According to my map, there is a secret room in the middleish of the area. Up and to the right of the fairy location. How do I open it?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ledgem posted:

Well I got it. It randomly opened for me too I haven't a clue how it worked. I've now opened a treasure chest I didn't know existed but its behind I wall I can't break so I'm still stuck in the chamber of birth. I've used every item I have everywhere and died a dozen times to lighting in this place. Theres also only a single teleporter in the entire area for me at the moment which is bizare.

The block below that chest (I'm assuming you're talking about the one in the endless pit) is breakable from the other side. You need to warp there and it's literally the only reason you're able to warp to that place at all.

As for how to advance further in Chamber of Birth, there should be a phantom wall somewhere...

slayn posted:

In the tower of the goddess According to my map, there is a secret room in the middleish of the area. Up and to the right of the fairy location. How do I open it?

You can't get there yet, but when the path does open it'll become obvious why.

Smallish hint: Make note of the symbol in the room below that secret one for later

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Has anyone figured out how to make specific fairies appear? It's seemed pretty random thus far. In the original it had to do with rom combinations but I haven't discovered anything like that so far.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Super Jay Mann posted:

You can't get there yet, but when the path does open it'll become obvious why.

Smallish hint: Make note of the symbol in the room below that secret one for later

Warning: You only get one chance at this puzzle so you'll have to reset if you gently caress it up. I managed to get stuck beneath the puzzle so I warped out and that apparently counts as a try, even though I didn't start it.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

FPzero posted:

Has anyone figured out how to make specific fairies appear? It's seemed pretty random thus far. In the original it had to do with rom combinations but I haven't discovered anything like that so far.

No you've got it right, except it's EXE combinations this time!

I mentioned a trick a few pages back though, where each fairy type has a different animation for the stars that converge together. If you trigger a fairy point and then exit the room before the star animation finishes, you can trigger it again upon reentry, so you can always tell what fairy you're going to get and exit if it isn't the one you want.

Klaus Kinski posted:

Warning: You only get one chance at this puzzle so you'll have to reset if you gently caress it up. I managed to get stuck beneath the puzzle so I warped out and that apparently counts as a try, even though I didn't start it.

Yeah the moment you read the tablet you're committed to finishing the puzzle.

slayn
Jul 12, 2006

FPzero posted:

You can tell what fairy it will be by the star pattern when its being summoned, and you can leave before it completes and it doesn't count. So I just go in/out of the room repeatedly until I get the one I want.

edit: doh beaten

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

The block below that chest (I'm assuming you're talking about the one in the endless pit) is breakable from the other side. You need to warp there and it's literally the only reason you're able to warp to that place at all.

As for how to advance further in Chamber of Birth, there should be a phantom wall somewhere...

I swear lemeza has rubbed himself against every wall and gotten fried so much he probably smells like Roast. The only passable block is the one at the very entrance. The only teleport I have takes me to the bottom of the room where I used the serpant staff and there are blocks I can't destroy in my way from doing anything. One is room for a shuriken to pass through but I've tossed even bombs through it to no avail. Theres also a face of something on a block but its indestructible too and I scanned every mural and square inch of available space and it didn't go away. I hope my game didn't break on me after getting this far.

Theres also a treasure chest a couple screens earlier I can't open either. Until I just did. Just the map though.

Ledgem fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 16, 2012

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ledgem posted:

I swear lemeza has rubbed himself against every wall and gotten fried so much he probably smells like Roast. The only passable block is the one at the very entrance. The only teleport I have takes me to the bottom of the room where I used the serpant staff and there are blocks I can't destroy in my way from doing anything. One is room for a shuriken to pass through but I've tossed even bombs through it to no avail. Theres also a face of something on a block but its indestructible too and I scanned every mural and square inch of available space and it didn't go away. I hope my game didn't break on me after getting this far.

Theres also a treasure chest a couple screens earlier I can't open either.

Oh, that.

You need to hit the face directly with an attack Think about what you have that can do that given how the room is laid out.

That one stumped me for quite a while as well.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh, that.

You need to hit the face directly with an attack Think about what you have that can do that given how the room is laid out.

That one stumped me for quite a while as well.

I knew I'd facepalm afterwards. Thanks for the help!

twentyfortynine
Mar 10, 2007

Strictly speaking, I'm never supposed to do this. But have you got a better idea?
E: I'm hella dumb.

Anyway! I can't get any of my friends to try this game, I say "no health pickups" and they stop listening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
I'm stuck in the Twin Labyrinth.

How do you get the white witch to appear. I can get the black one to show up by killing all the other witches in a room, but I don't know how to get the other.

• Locked thread